Plarium Global Ltd’s Content Guidelines for Online Gameplay Video Sharing or Live Streaming
The following Content Guidelines for Online Gameplay on online video sharing or streaming websites have been devised to help ensure that when streamers use Plarium’s gameplay and screenshots from its games (“Gaming Content”), they do so fairly, appropriately and in line with intellectual property rules and with the following guidelines.
- You may create, upload, livestream videos on online video sharing or live streaming websites using our Gaming Content.
- You may monetize your videos and channels using partner programs and/or advertising from YouTube, Twitch, Facebook or other video sharing services. Other forms of monetization of our intellectual property for commercial purposes are not permitted (including limiting access to our content for payment of any kind, limiting access to our content to premium access or similar subscription access, or licensing our content to a third party for a fee of any kind).
- You may only use our Gaming Content which has been officially released to the public, or from promotional materials officially released (such as game trailers, official community content) and please do not post spoilers which ruin the experience for others. In certain cases, we may authorize pre-release Gaming Content for review or other agreed upon business purposes, accompanied by strict guidelines for any content released prior to the official release date.
- You should include your own creative input and commentary on our Gaming Content. It is not permitted to make videos and images that just contain mere copies of our Gaming Content without any of your creative input or commentary.
- If you want to use the intellectual property of a third party (e.g music) together with our Gaming Content, you are responsible for obtaining any necessary third-party permissions. Please note that some game soundtracks or songs may not be owned by us, but instead are licensed from an artist. As this varies from game to game, please be aware that music may trigger content flags and potential removal of the video. Game soundtracks may not be posted or distributed separately and apart from game footage.
- You are not permitted to imply or state that your videos are officially affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed or approved by us, unless you are required to do so under applicable disclosure requirements and/or you have received written permission from us to do so.
- Your videos of our Gaming Content should not feature pirated software or third party programs (including cheating and hacking tools, etc.) or recommend their use.
- Your videos of the Gaming Content should comply with our general Content Policy available here (“Content Guidelines”).
- Please note that these Guidelines are not exhaustive and we reserve the right to remove any content that we believe is unlawful, infringing, inappropriate, or not in line with these Guidelines or our Content Guidelines, at our sole discretion.
- We may update these Guidelines from time to time, so please refer to the latest version before sharing your content.
Frequently Asked Questions: Plarium Global Ltd’s Content Guidelines for Online Gameplay Video Sharing or Live Streaming
1. What content is acceptable under the Guidelines? Additionally, what content is not acceptable?
We encourage you to use our Gaming Content in videos and images that feature your creative input and commentary. However, you may not simply upload or livestream an existing video, gameplay footage without your own creative input, or a copy of content created by someone else without their express permission and please do not post spoilers. For example, mere copies of Plarium’s promotional trailers, advertisements, gameplay sequences, art collections etc. are not permitted within the scope of the Guidelines.
In addition, your videos of our Gaming Content should not include content that is in violation of our Content Guidelines, including content that is illegal, racist, sexist, prejudicial to sexual orientation, sexually explicit, disparaging, or is otherwise offensive.
2. Do the Guidelines cover video uploads or livestreams as well?
These Guidelines cover both uploads and livestreams.
3. Can I sell content that I create and upload or livestream on a sharing service if it includes your content or other creator content?
No, you may not sell any videos, music or images that you have created using our content or any other unauthorised IP content of a third party.
4. Will there be cases where we will remove content from sharing services?
5. What do you mean by content that is "unlawful, infringing, or inappropriate"?
- Content that infringes any of our intellectual property rights, or any other third party intellectual property rights;
- Content that violates any applicable laws or regulations;
- Content that features pirated software;
- Content that includes offensive or intolerable content as set out in our Content Guidelines.