All Categories

Live arena sucks

Live arena sucks

Search
Comments
Apr 18, 2023, 21:3504/18/23
12/09/22

Wait, UDK is in the pool? Neat. 

Also, for some damn reason, i get turtle teams a lot, 2-3 revivers + udk. Sometimes instead of 3 revivers, i get a nuker. My solution is Seer, the only one in my roster whom can deal with this. The problem is...they often ban my seer hahahahha and my shenmath has a hard time against udk cuz of affinity.

Sometimes i can get by with inthwe, by slowly chipping his max hp down until i can nuke him out...its not fun though, 12min battles cuz of this.

Arbiter is a plague, everyone and their mother has one. I really want one too, perhaps soon as i am already in the mission page to get her.

Btw, how much is a good amount of spd in live arena? My fastest has 245 (i know, not that high), but i often get first turn. Wonder if it is worth to invest more in a dmg/def heavy team

Apr 18, 2023, 21:5304/18/23
06/25/20

Don't take this the wrong way, Donvak - but your problem is that you're nowhere close to the intended target audience for Live Arena. You still have a lot to figure out regarding game mechanics in general, let alone arena fights.

Play around with your free daily fights and just learn the mechanics as you go. It'll be far more useful than trying to copy-paste some team from a forum post.

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 18, 2023, 21:5704/18/23
Apr 18, 2023, 21:57(edited)
12/30/20
Donvak

Wait, UDK is in the pool? Neat. 

Also, for some damn reason, i get turtle teams a lot, 2-3 revivers + udk. Sometimes instead of 3 revivers, i get a nuker. My solution is Seer, the only one in my roster whom can deal with this. The problem is...they often ban my seer hahahahha and my shenmath has a hard time against udk cuz of affinity.

Sometimes i can get by with inthwe, by slowly chipping his max hp down until i can nuke him out...its not fun though, 12min battles cuz of this.

Arbiter is a plague, everyone and their mother has one. I really want one too, perhaps soon as i am already in the mission page to get her.

Btw, how much is a good amount of spd in live arena? My fastest has 245 (i know, not that high), but i often get first turn. Wonder if it is worth to invest more in a dmg/def heavy team

I would love to see the rest of your roster if you don't mind. I'm curious at the least. :)

As for your best options to bring/focus on gear, that's going to be very roster dependent. Inithwe is a nice tech option right now just because of how sustain heavy these fights are, but he's gonna take some legit gear. 

edit: inclined to agree with Kram, and I think this is the general approach most that aren't past midgame should have

Apr 18, 2023, 22:0504/18/23
12/29/19
oblivion01332

yes lets ignore the main issues at hand just because you personally got good rng lol.

not true im in plat clasic pvp im in gold 3 in 3v pvp and im in silver 1 in live pvp sorry thats skill lol not RNG !!

Apr 19, 2023, 00:5604/19/23
12/09/22
dthorne04

I would love to see the rest of your roster if you don't mind. I'm curious at the least. :)

As for your best options to bring/focus on gear, that's going to be very roster dependent. Inithwe is a nice tech option right now just because of how sustain heavy these fights are, but he's gonna take some legit gear. 

edit: inclined to agree with Kram, and I think this is the general approach most that aren't past midgame should have

How could i show it?

Apr 19, 2023, 00:5704/19/23
12/09/22
kramaswamy.kr

Don't take this the wrong way, Donvak - but your problem is that you're nowhere close to the intended target audience for Live Arena. You still have a lot to figure out regarding game mechanics in general, let alone arena fights.

Play around with your free daily fights and just learn the mechanics as you go. It'll be far more useful than trying to copy-paste some team from a forum post.

Fair enough, you are right. But they at least could have advertised it as high end content, instead as something up for everyone. The annoyance comes from broken expectations.

Apr 19, 2023, 01:0204/19/23
10/01/22
Trips

Krams post on page 1 should have ended this threa, but people have no patience...

THIS CONTENT ISNT SUPPOSED TO BE FAIR OR BALANCED FOR NOOBS!!!

There are hundreds of other things that n00bs need to focus on.... Live Arena is not one of them.

im pretty sure its meant to be balanced thats why we have a ranking system :P problem is , is many level 100s are at the bottom of it still.

Apr 19, 2023, 01:5604/19/23
10/01/22
killerclone187

not true im in plat clasic pvp im in gold 3 in 3v pvp and im in silver 1 in live pvp sorry thats skill lol not RNG !!

for u it may not be rng, for a large amount of others it is, when pitched against accounts with years of advancement on the other guy., im here to discuss clear flaws in the game, not how big ur head is sorry.

Apr 19, 2023, 14:4904/19/23
06/02/20

it surely does , plarium fair, cant win

Apr 19, 2023, 21:3704/19/23
02/11/22

Before i get to my point, i'd like to underline the fact that i dont really care about the win or lose result. Simply because of this:

i

You can all see how that works. Lose 3x, get a stupid bot called Kraken who chooses a +3 Trunda as first pick followed by a +3 Rotos and a +2 Duchess (which i banned). But its a bot and its there for you to win against it. So this out of the way, we can all see everyone will get some crests even if their account is nowhere near able to compete.

Now, to my point.  The idea of a live arena is very cool. I like it, for real. But as it is, i don't, not really. And it all comes down to one thing. If you don't have:

Siphi/Duchess/Ukko/Pythion/Nekhret/Harima/Kymar/Yumeko/Warlord/Baron/Georgid/Rotos/Candy/Mortu 

and maybe one or two that i forget right now, then you're in for a world of pain. Because thats all people use and there's nothing you can do against that except to match them with a similar selection.

And so the question is, how is live arena any different than Platinum? The same damn thing, you got the goods or you don't, there is no skill involved. Just throw in 5 of those champions and if your opponent doesn't also have 5 of them, you win. Simple as that.

The big issue atm is that these top15 champions are simply too strong for the rest of the 785 champions that exist. I know i know, people are gonna hate me. But either they get nerfed, or you give massive boosts to a good 20-25 champions to make them on par so that they become usable and different strategies can come into play, or, you leave it like this and the whole mode will get very boring very fast.

Will i keep doing it? Of course, but i will go in there with a win or lose in 1min state of mind, cuz there is nothing else i can do. And i'll use my same 7-8 champions over and over and over and over hundreds and hundreds of times to get my share of crests.

Is that what was intended? Or was this a mode intended to engage players in a meaningful way?

Apr 20, 2023, 00:3904/20/23
04/06/22

^^ This guy gets it.

Apr 20, 2023, 03:2804/20/23
06/25/20

Any chance at all that you'd be willing to reconsider your opinion, if I were to tell you that I'm having a fair amount of success using absolutely none of those champs?

I'll admit that my team *does* include Kymar, but only because of the fact that I happen to have him awakened. I'd be just as willing to use any other legendary champ that had an AoE buff removal. The other four on my team are Ukko, Gaius, Shazar, and Shemnath. And there are quite a few other legendary champs with buff removal.

In fact, you can just about make the team without anything special at all. Gaius and Ratbomber were both fusion champs, as with Ukko. You just need one other lego champ that has an AoE buff removal, and you can use Lydia for the last spot.

Apr 20, 2023, 05:0104/20/23
02/11/22

Nope. "using absolutely none of those champs" then proceeds to name 2 of them in Kymar and Ukko LOL

And yes, i said i forgot some names in my list, specifically bombers i suppose.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 20, 2023, 05:4704/20/23
Apr 20, 2023, 05:48(edited)
02/24/19
Swiftblade

Nope. "using absolutely none of those champs" then proceeds to name 2 of them in Kymar and Ukko LOL

And yes, i said i forgot some names in my list, specifically bombers i suppose.

If you eliminate every good champ, including several fusions, from the list of champs you are allowed to use, yes, you won't be super competitive. And now I'm not even allowed to use the bombers I fused? Sheesh, tough crowd.

But since we're eliminating every good champ, I would include that Hephraak you're using as not allowed either. He's certainly an arena cheat code when built correctly. My defense gets hit by solo ones in G3 Tag just by people styling on me, he's so good.

My point is, you have a nuker I WISH I had for Live, instead we're out here needing to use my fusion champs. Everyone has a good champ or two out there. Krama is nuking with freaking Gaius and Shemnath, and me with Gnishak and Errol. 

And you forgot Taras/Marichka, the two toughest champs in Arena period, hands down. I struggle mightily with them.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 20, 2023, 07:5804/20/23
02/24/19

Also @Swiftblade.... If you did the fusions you should have 4/5 champs we're talking about off your list of champs. 

Ukko

Pythion

Gnishak

Gauis

So we add in that sweet Hephraak and you should be set on your 5/5 champs.

Basically Live Arena is fully F2P if you add in any additional decent nuker. The above team is one I have used, replacing Hephraak with Errol.

Apr 20, 2023, 13:4004/20/23
Apr 20, 2023, 13:43(edited)
02/11/22

Look i get it. You can build any decent team with lots of different champions. But this is not viable if you really want to push in Live Arena. If you dont believe me, take a look at this, a typical match between the guys that are in silver right now, (who will be in gold eventually) :

i

This is exactly what i was talking about. The META dictates this sort of comp, and there is no choice but to answer with the same kind of team.

2 spots for revivers/cleansers/block debuffs/healers. As in this example, Duchess, Siphi (twice), and Marichka

1 spot for a lockout to annoy the other player, in most cases they will get banned cuz otherwise its game over

2 strong DPS

There you go. What you gonna do with your little bombs against that? Keep in mind the Siphis and Duchesses are most likely in the 360-400 speed range, they can put permanent block debuffs. And notice the multi polymorphs on both sides. Which means debuffers arent worth a dime.

P.S. I knew i was leaving out someone when i was writing the list and said so. And ya, the Ukrainians are those i forgot.

Apr 20, 2023, 15:0404/20/23
Apr 20, 2023, 15:05(edited)
01/15/21

I havent had time to play much live arena, less than half a dozen matches after the first day or so. The long matches are an issue for me.

Some of the posters commenting on key champs being a massive advantage are correct of course. Harima, taras, michkana, duchess, yumeko etc are ones that come to mind. 

Like everything else though i think its more at the very top levels, for instance i can sit high g5 in classic and in g3 tag with ease and not see these champs day after day. If i push for plat or play in g4 then i see them constantly and also see the massively empowered champs.

Got to be honest, cant really agree its about skill? as long as you dont play like an idiot, its a game about grinding, grinding out gear and having a bit of luck to have decent champs.

Apr 20, 2023, 16:0804/20/23
12/09/22
harleQuinn

If you eliminate every good champ, including several fusions, from the list of champs you are allowed to use, yes, you won't be super competitive. And now I'm not even allowed to use the bombers I fused? Sheesh, tough crowd.

But since we're eliminating every good champ, I would include that Hephraak you're using as not allowed either. He's certainly an arena cheat code when built correctly. My defense gets hit by solo ones in G3 Tag just by people styling on me, he's so good.

My point is, you have a nuker I WISH I had for Live, instead we're out here needing to use my fusion champs. Everyone has a good champ or two out there. Krama is nuking with freaking Gaius and Shemnath, and me with Gnishak and Errol. 

And you forgot Taras/Marichka, the two toughest champs in Arena period, hands down. I struggle mightily with them.

Can i ask why Hepraak is so good? I heard he hits like a truck before but i read his skills and didnt quite understand what makes him special

Apr 20, 2023, 16:1404/20/23
12/09/22
Swiftblade

Look i get it. You can build any decent team with lots of different champions. But this is not viable if you really want to push in Live Arena. If you dont believe me, take a look at this, a typical match between the guys that are in silver right now, (who will be in gold eventually) :

i

This is exactly what i was talking about. The META dictates this sort of comp, and there is no choice but to answer with the same kind of team.

2 spots for revivers/cleansers/block debuffs/healers. As in this example, Duchess, Siphi (twice), and Marichka

1 spot for a lockout to annoy the other player, in most cases they will get banned cuz otherwise its game over

2 strong DPS

There you go. What you gonna do with your little bombs against that? Keep in mind the Siphis and Duchesses are most likely in the 360-400 speed range, they can put permanent block debuffs. And notice the multi polymorphs on both sides. Which means debuffers arent worth a dime.

P.S. I knew i was leaving out someone when i was writing the list and said so. And ya, the Ukrainians are those i forgot.

One thing is for sure, live arena is a great idea and its new. I don't know of any other gacha game (not that i am too familiar with them) that has live arena. But because its new, the meta still revolves around AI hyper defense teams to stay competitive and this only gets aggravated when you can actually do dynamic decisions as in live arena. 

But, perhaps because of live arena, the meta may change as a response or, as you said, eventually for the target crowd, it would eventually become just a slugfest that would waste real time.

So, with some hope, the meta will have a shift or get more inclusive to other champs

Apr 20, 2023, 16:3404/20/23
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

Patience. It'll sort itself out in a few weeks. Just come back later.

1st reply in thread had the answer... the TaylorSwiftBlades will stop crying in a few weeks (or less) when the player distribution normalizes...

I mean EVERYONE will get to silver, and the inflationary system will push most to gold.  

Patience...