All Categories

Live arena sucks

Live arena sucks

Search
Comments
Apr 20, 2023, 23:4204/20/23
06/25/20
Swiftblade

Fine. you win. Arena is perfect. It has no issues. It's the most wonderful thing in the world. 

There, you happy now?

Why do you feel like this is an all-or-nothing conversation? I'm being serious - what, in your opinion, would be "fair"? Because apparently giving people the tools to make a viable arena team literally for free isn't enough. So, what more do you need?

Apr 20, 2023, 23:4204/20/23
06/25/20
harleQuinn

This is all very true. Hephraak just gets lots of extra smacks in. I have been dunked by some very very hard hitting Stoneskin Hephs built so slow I'm sure they must have -speed substats.

And some Hephraaks have made me quite unhappy in Live, Kram. Maybe we revive another LA thread or start another one to actually talk teams. I know Thorne has been putting Heph in a lot around the arenas.

Hah. Heph is right there next to Candy in terms of my "haven't built or am using". I just can't find a way to make a non-bomb team viable. There are just too many ways to prevent them from working.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 20, 2023, 23:4904/20/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Hah. Heph is right there next to Candy in terms of my "haven't built or am using". I just can't find a way to make a non-bomb team viable. There are just too many ways to prevent them from working.

I think you (and I) might be running up against our own gear check. 

The best Candys and Hephs from my Live Arena matches against Plat players from IPR and MAD and SP chew through my tankiest champs. While my nukers can't usually put down their Nek protected teams before I get smacked. 

And I think my tank teams are mostly okay, mostly. I looked back on an auto Tag match yesterday to find one of my teams had taken 3 million damage from a Baron before Mortu finally woke up and peril'd. lmao

I think if you're building ANYONE, that Candy is the best option. His A1 hits so hard that lockouts don't matter. I would be running one with 7.5k+ attack and 300% CD in Savage with protection from Bolster Pythion, Ukko, UDK. Rotos would be my 5th pick. That's a tough lineup to deal with.

If you have Warlord or Yume, I'd use those instead of UDK... lockout better than UDK, imo.

Apr 21, 2023, 00:0004/21/23
07/08/19
Donvak

Is savage better than Lethal?

lethal is better, but also much harder to farm.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 21, 2023, 00:0304/21/23
02/24/19

Yes, Lethal is better. But you end up farming both as much as possible, if you're me.

Apr 21, 2023, 00:1104/21/23
06/25/20
harleQuinn

I think you (and I) might be running up against our own gear check. 

The best Candys and Hephs from my Live Arena matches against Plat players from IPR and MAD and SP chew through my tankiest champs. While my nukers can't usually put down their Nek protected teams before I get smacked. 

And I think my tank teams are mostly okay, mostly. I looked back on an auto Tag match yesterday to find one of my teams had taken 3 million damage from a Baron before Mortu finally woke up and peril'd. lmao

I think if you're building ANYONE, that Candy is the best option. His A1 hits so hard that lockouts don't matter. I would be running one with 7.5k+ attack and 300% CD in Savage with protection from Bolster Pythion, Ukko, UDK. Rotos would be my 5th pick. That's a tough lineup to deal with.

If you have Warlord or Yume, I'd use those instead of UDK... lockout better than UDK, imo.

Yeah - sadly, I don't have Warlord or Yumeko, nor do I have Siphi or Duchess.

The best I can field in terms of team revives is Pythion - who, don't get me wrong, is quite solid. But just not enough to hold up.

I dabbled with the tank + DPS teams a bit, usually something in the range of like Pythion + UDK + Rotos x2 + Aniri, or something like that. But I just don't have enough sustain to outlast their teams. Generally they'll ban one of the two Rotos, and the other just won't be able to put up enough of a fight - at best I get about 50% winrate with the team.

And Ukko is unfortunately on my bomb team, so I can't use him for this team without dismantling the other one.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 21, 2023, 04:1304/21/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Yeah - sadly, I don't have Warlord or Yumeko, nor do I have Siphi or Duchess.

The best I can field in terms of team revives is Pythion - who, don't get me wrong, is quite solid. But just not enough to hold up.

I dabbled with the tank + DPS teams a bit, usually something in the range of like Pythion + UDK + Rotos x2 + Aniri, or something like that. But I just don't have enough sustain to outlast their teams. Generally they'll ban one of the two Rotos, and the other just won't be able to put up enough of a fight - at best I get about 50% winrate with the team.

And Ukko is unfortunately on my bomb team, so I can't use him for this team without dismantling the other one.

I guess you are all speed tuned on that bomb team? I mean, really he's in there to yoink stoneskin, to provoke or stun and steal more buffs then get a revive off for more sustain. If he goes before your tank team at all, try throwin him in and seeing how he does. He can really be a tough support to deal with, and double relevant revivers really makes a huge difference over Aniri's fairly usless kit and single target rez.

Apr 21, 2023, 04:2204/21/23
06/25/20
harleQuinn

I guess you are all speed tuned on that bomb team? I mean, really he's in there to yoink stoneskin, to provoke or stun and steal more buffs then get a revive off for more sustain. If he goes before your tank team at all, try throwin him in and seeing how he does. He can really be a tough support to deal with, and double relevant revivers really makes a huge difference over Aniri's fairly usless kit and single target rez.

I just find it hard to believe that a ~120 speed Ukko will provide anything of value at all, lol. And, like, yeah I have other revivers I could use (eg, Arbiter or Gorgorab), but they just don't bring enough value to justify the spot.

I suppose I could re-gear Raglin for the team, but, again, single-target revive just often doesn't do enough. Tempted to see if there's a way I could make Goffred work in the team, though.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 21, 2023, 04:4404/21/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

I just find it hard to believe that a ~120 speed Ukko will provide anything of value at all, lol. And, like, yeah I have other revivers I could use (eg, Arbiter or Gorgorab), but they just don't bring enough value to justify the spot.

I suppose I could re-gear Raglin for the team, but, again, single-target revive just often doesn't do enough. Tempted to see if there's a way I could make Goffred work in the team, though.

Goffred not a bad idea. I hate that guy. Wonderful passive at preventing kills from champs like Mortu and Geoffred.... I learned real quick that Ignore Block Damage was not enough cause he just prevents the damage that would have killed a champ and THEN places his buffs on them. 😎

120 speed, lol. Yeah, that's gonna be a bit slow. I didn't know you were running a Glacier Team. hahaha

Apr 22, 2023, 01:3404/22/23
Apr 25, 2023, 03:10(edited)
01/29/23

I tried it for the first time today. There should be a "End my misery" button. 

The other player was just letting the timer run down. 

I rage closed the app just so my torture came to  end. 

Apr 22, 2023, 02:4304/22/23
07/08/19
Twotoestoomany

I tried it for the first time today. There should be a "End my misery" button. 

The other player was just letting the timer run down. 

I rage closed the app just so my torture came to  end. 

there is. the leave battle button is in the upper right corner, where the pause button usually is.

Apr 22, 2023, 04:5604/22/23
11/19/22
Fathertron

UDK hasn't been a problem for me in live arena so far - I can usually batter him into submission, it can just take a while. 

Mithrala, Wythir, Duchess, are the ones I have to ban, if present. If not, ban Arbiter, because I've noticed a lot of high-ranking players have slow teams dependent on her speed boost to act, so get rid of her and you get a chance to get a couple of rounds of attacks in before they move.

I should have Arbiter by this weekend, so she will, of course, join my core live arena team - for the speed lead, and debuff. :)

Added Underpriest Brogni to my ban list!

And just got him yesterday as well. :D

Apr 22, 2023, 06:5204/22/23
11/19/22

Considering my performance in LA this morning, it's only a matter of time before there's a Reddit campaign to ban Relentless gear from LA. :D

Especially because it's so "unfair" that my lvl 65 team of Pythion/Noct/Genbo on relentless can destroy a lvl 87 stall team of UDK/Wythir/Demytha. :D :D

Apr 22, 2023, 08:4904/22/23
09/14/20
Fathertron

Added Underpriest Brogni to my ban list!

And just got him yesterday as well. :D

You must be running in circles if you encounter somebody with more of 1 of the champs on your banlist. 

I usually encounter people with 5 champs which I would like to ban....Siphi, Rotos, Taras, Marichka, Yumeko....

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 22, 2023, 10:1904/22/23
02/24/19
Matrim

You must be running in circles if you encounter somebody with more of 1 of the champs on your banlist. 

I usually encounter people with 5 champs which I would like to ban....Siphi, Rotos, Taras, Marichka, Yumeko....

It feels like you're fighting the same opponents I am, well, except I see a lot of:

Siphi/Rotos/Taras/Marichka/Warlord

or

Warlord/Yumeko/Marichka/Taras/Rotos

😢😭

Apr 22, 2023, 17:0004/22/23
12/09/22
harleQuinn

It feels like you're fighting the same opponents I am, well, except I see a lot of:

Siphi/Rotos/Taras/Marichka/Warlord

or

Warlord/Yumeko/Marichka/Taras/Rotos

😢😭

I faced my first taras marichka combo today. I know i am uncappable of winning now, but lets say i had better stats but no taras + marichka of my own. How the hell can i win that?

I banned marichka but taras alone is already a damn mosnter

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 22, 2023, 17:4204/22/23
12/30/20
Donvak

I faced my first taras marichka combo today. I know i am uncappable of winning now, but lets say i had better stats but no taras + marichka of my own. How the hell can i win that?

I banned marichka but taras alone is already a damn mosnter

I almost always, always ban Taras over Marichka. Damage mitigation plus nuking your entire team with the quickness is such an issue.

Apr 22, 2023, 19:2104/22/23
12/09/22
dthorne04

I almost always, always ban Taras over Marichka. Damage mitigation plus nuking your entire team with the quickness is such an issue.

It seems i made a mistake hahahhahah

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 22, 2023, 20:1504/22/23
12/30/20
Donvak

It seems i made a mistake hahahhahah

both are menaces, I just think for most Marichka will be easier to get around than Taras :)

Apr 22, 2023, 21:5204/22/23
10/17/22

Match up are still disappointing, has this been created to stroke the ego of level 100 players?