All Categories

Live arena sucks

Live arena sucks

Search
Comments
Apr 17, 2023, 22:1404/17/23
10/15/20
Donvak

I dont have a defensive roster. The fact that UDK is not in the draw pool is utter bullsht

UDK is in the draw pool.

Apr 18, 2023, 00:5604/18/23
Apr 18, 2023, 00:59(edited)
04/06/22

I was afraid when this was announced it would be a complete joke that favored the cash players.

And I was 100% correct. This is not PVP, it's target practice for the cash players. 

Oh, and for those who need proof that UDK is broken, it is ALWAYS the champion my opponent vetos. Always.

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 18, 2023, 01:1704/18/23
Apr 18, 2023, 01:23(edited)
12/30/20
OccamsRazor

I was afraid when this was announced it would be a complete joke that favored the cash players.

And I was 100% correct. This is not PVP, it's target practice for the cash players. 

Oh, and for those who need proof that UDK is broken, it is ALWAYS the champion my opponent vetos. Always.

there are so many factors as to why your opponent might ban UDK over other champions that there's little to no correlation between your claim and that evidence. not to mention it's very likely a mistake to do so unless they're doing it to prevent you from stonewalling their single target nuker.

this is just very overgeneralized and oversimplified and there's probably things we could be working on to do better. 

Apr 18, 2023, 01:2704/18/23
04/06/22

I know,  it's overpowered and broken for a LOT of reasons. 

Apr 18, 2023, 02:4504/18/23
10/15/20

I banned Arbiter in literally every battle shown in this pic, and I did not encounter a single UDK in the last fights.

i

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 18, 2023, 03:2204/18/23
02/24/19
OccamsRazor

I don't even see UDK.

I am having to decide between Taras/Marichka/Siphi/Rotos nearly early fight, with a side dish of Warlord, Nek or Harima.

Please send me people using UDK.

Apr 18, 2023, 03:4904/18/23
07/08/19
OccamsRazor

who do you typically run alongside him? there's a big difference between banning him over the likes of georgid or yumeko versus someone like skartorsis.

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 18, 2023, 04:4704/18/23
12/30/20
harleQuinn

I don't even see UDK.

I am having to decide between Taras/Marichka/Siphi/Rotos nearly early fight, with a side dish of Warlord, Nek or Harima.

Please send me people using UDK.

i

This has been pretty much my experience in Bronze 3, nearing 4 now. Nonstop army of having to ban one of those aforementioned 7 while dealing with some leftovers from the list, Nek, top void nukers, etc.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 18, 2023, 05:1304/18/23
02/24/19
dthorne04

i

This has been pretty much my experience in Bronze 3, nearing 4 now. Nonstop army of having to ban one of those aforementioned 7 while dealing with some leftovers from the list, Nek, top void nukers, etc.

It's rough out here... so many nukers I don't have and can't deal with lol

Apr 18, 2023, 06:1704/18/23
10/01/22
Donvak

I dont have a defensive roster. The fact that UDK is not in the draw pool is utter bullsht

if u mean for classic arena defense just put a high power / best team u can put, most people will avoid u , if not like the mod told you, u cant lose more than 20 losses worth of pts per day, u get 20 arena reills per day + more, so literally impossible to not hold rank unless u dont use ur arena coins for free wins.

Apr 18, 2023, 06:5304/18/23
10/01/22

more live arena refills should be given to help everyone fall into rank, devs messed this up and this is the only credible solution.

2ndly you need to reduce maxium battle times, 1500 turn limit for tag team / classic and other content is fine, we dont get a limited time of day to use classic arena, but live arena is open for 2 hrs per interval so 1500 turn limit is absurd.

Apr 18, 2023, 06:5804/18/23
10/01/22

also 30 min rule to, if this happened to you 4 fights in a row u wouldnt even be able to use an entire live arena refill before live arena closed again

Apr 18, 2023, 07:0804/18/23
10/01/22

i also see a fair few udk used, udk is not an issue to most higher levels, but if ur best champion is kael still....and ur put against a guy much higher level with a udk, then it probably is literally impossible for them, but this stems to the shitty system devs used which wont play out for months unless they give much more live refills

Apr 18, 2023, 08:2704/18/23
Apr 18, 2023, 11:02(edited)
11/19/22

UDK hasn't been a problem for me in live arena so far - I can usually batter him into submission, it can just take a while. 

Mithrala, Wythir, Duchess, are the ones I have to ban, if present. If not, ban Arbiter, because I've noticed a lot of high-ranking players have slow teams dependent on her speed boost to act, so get rid of her and you get a chance to get a couple of rounds of attacks in before they move.

I should have Arbiter by this weekend, so she will, of course, join my core live arena team - for the speed lead, and debuff. :)

Apr 18, 2023, 12:0904/18/23
12/19/19
Carpe_Piscis

who do you typically run alongside him? there's a big difference between banning him over the likes of georgid or yumeko versus someone like skartorsis.

Carpe- I think you destroyed me in live arena yesterday...gg

Apr 18, 2023, 12:3204/18/23
Apr 18, 2023, 12:34(edited)
04/06/22

The folks here saying "you learn from losing" make me laugh. Let me give you a comparison, ever play the game South Park, the Fractured But Whole?

As you can probably surmise, due to the nature of the cartoon this game is an adaptation of, it is humor-oriented, but that doesn't mean it's an easy game. It has it's share of difficult levels and hard bosses, there's even an unbeatable boss close to the beginning where the "trick" to progressing is to know enough to paraphrase Cartman and say, "Screw you guys, I'm OUT of here!" But the MOST difficult boss in the game, bar none, is Morgan Freeman. Now I have no idea at all why Mr. Freeman is in South Park and even less idea why he's running a taco joint, but this optional boss fight can be started any time in the game, and this IS a boss fight where you need to go in with a predetermined strategy. HOWEVER... Every strategy I know of starts with, "this is NOT recommended until you've almost beaten the game and your characters are upgraded to the MAX." And for good reason, as he’s got 9999 HP, an attack that can OTK any of your characters, and worse, in the second phase of the fight, he has double the number of turns as the first. 

Ignore that first part of the every known strategy, and there is NO amount of planning that will prevent you from being flattened in a single round. The only thing you'll learn is, "Do not fight an end game boss at the beginning of the game."

THAT is pretty much what it's like when you go up against a PVP team loaded with the most powerful Legendaries in the game who can TPK your team in a single round, you won't learn anything except that the game is unbalanced and unfair.  

Apr 18, 2023, 13:0404/18/23
12/19/19
OccamsRazor

The folks here saying "you learn from losing" make me laugh. Let me give you a comparison, ever play the game South Park, the Fractured But Whole?

As you can probably surmise, due to the nature of the cartoon this game is an adaptation of, it is humor-oriented, but that doesn't mean it's an easy game. It has it's share of difficult levels and hard bosses, there's even an unbeatable boss close to the beginning where the "trick" to progressing is to know enough to paraphrase Cartman and say, "Screw you guys, I'm OUT of here!" But the MOST difficult boss in the game, bar none, is Morgan Freeman. Now I have no idea at all why Mr. Freeman is in South Park and even less idea why he's running a taco joint, but this optional boss fight can be started any time in the game, and this IS a boss fight where you need to go in with a predetermined strategy. HOWEVER... Every strategy I know of starts with, "this is NOT recommended until you've almost beaten the game and your characters are upgraded to the MAX." And for good reason, as he’s got 9999 HP, an attack that can OTK any of your characters, and worse, in the second phase of the fight, he has double the number of turns as the first. 

Ignore that first part of the every known strategy, and there is NO amount of planning that will prevent you from being flattened in a single round. The only thing you'll learn is, "Do not fight an end game boss at the beginning of the game."

THAT is pretty much what it's like when you go up against a PVP team loaded with the most powerful Legendaries in the game who can TPK your team in a single round, you won't learn anything except that the game is unbalanced and unfair.  

Krams post on page 1 should have ended this threa, but people have no patience...

THIS CONTENT ISNT SUPPOSED TO BE FAIR OR BALANCED FOR NOOBS!!!

There are hundreds of other things that n00bs need to focus on.... Live Arena is not one of them.

Apr 18, 2023, 14:2604/18/23
11/19/22

No offence, but if you're not learning from being beaten, you;re not looking very hard. :))

Apr 18, 2023, 17:4704/18/23
04/06/22

Oh right, patience, I forget, Raid isn't enjoyable unless progression is a slow, tedious slog.

(Sarcasm there.)

Apr 18, 2023, 20:3904/18/23
07/08/19
Trips

Carpe- I think you destroyed me in live arena yesterday...gg

"destroy" is a bit harsh; it was a decent match.

you might want to think about running a second reviver though.