All Categories

Live arena sucks

Live arena sucks

Search
Apr 13, 2023, 15:5904/13/23
12/09/22

Live arena sucks

The idea is great and all, the pick and bans is also pretty nice. But what is f*cked up is the matchmaking. ARENA DOES MATCHMAKING BASED ONLY ON MMR, BUT DISREGARD THE PLAYER LEVEL.

I am lv 59, i only had 1 match out of 10 with players around my level range. Besides this one, the lowest level player i got was 82. Most were 100. I mean, wtf?

I won 5 out of the 10 but it was mostly because one disconnected or they made very stupid mistakes. They had all the champions, with the BiS equip and all. Like 3 of those matches the guy picked Lilitu, Arbiter, Heprak, Tundra and Helicath. WHAT THE F AM I SUPPOSED TO DO AGAINST THAT?

My roster cannot handle something like this because i am in the beginning of the F game. Really, it needs to have better matchmaking by taking into account the player account level + mmr or it will not be enjoyable and fair AT ALL

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 13, 2023, 16:1004/13/23
06/25/20

Patience. It'll sort itself out in a few weeks. Just come back later.

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 13, 2023, 16:2804/13/23
12/30/20

from the official Discord server: 

i

So yeah, folks are gonna be bunched together for a little while since we're all starting at the same place. Please give it some time. :)

Apr 13, 2023, 16:3404/13/23
Apr 13, 2023, 16:53(edited)
09/14/20

Do you really expect that the matches will be gravitating around your own roster? 

Do you think that means because I do not have a Marichka, none of my opponents will ever have one? 

LvL 59 does normally mean you are more likely playing for less than a year...

At the same time with the Live arena being new content, you expect to have the same success with your champs than a player of 3+ years? All players start at the base and you expect to get the easy opponents?  

From 15 matches today, I encountered 10 of my level, 1 who was 40+ level below me and 4 of 2-10 levels below me. I did not win against some of the last category...because they did better at banning a champ of mine and took better decisions. Sometimes RNG helped me or them...but overall...this is expected from this kind of content.

The Live Arena needs some days/weeks to establish a hierarchy and for god's sake you will get to upper silver ranks purely by time and the occasional win. 

You will need to get to Gold 3 in Live to get the Void leggo....and I assume that this is not possible for 95% of the player base. That would be something to be frustrated with....but the initial sorting and difficult opponent....nah, that is systemic.

Apr 13, 2023, 16:5104/13/23
12/19/19
Matrim

Do you really expect that the matches will be gravitating around your own roster? 

Do you think that means because I do not have a Marichka, none of my opponents will ever have one? 

At the same time with the Live arena being new content, you expect to have the same success with your champs than a player of 3+ years? All players start at the base and you expect to get the easy opponents?  

From 15 matches today, I encountered 10 of my level, 1 who was 40+ level below me and 4 of 2-10 levels below me. I did not win against some of the last category...because they did better at banning a champ of mine and took better decisions. Sometimes RNG helped me or them...but overall...this is expected from this kind of content.

The Live Arena needs some days/weeks to establish a hierarchy and for god's sake you will get to upper silver ranks purely by time and the occasional win. 

You will need to get to Gold 3 in Live to get the Void leggo....and I assume that this is not possible for 95% of the player base. That would be something to be frustrated with....but the initial sorting and difficult opponent....nah, that is systemic.

Roosters?

The 🐑 are bad enough, no more farm animals in arena!

Apr 13, 2023, 16:5304/13/23
09/14/20
Trips

Roosters?

The 🐑 are bad enough, no more farm animals in arena!

Bah....you know english is not my first language....😇

Apr 13, 2023, 16:5504/13/23
12/19/19
Matrim

Bah....you know english is not my first language....😇

I didn't.  But I probably did at some point, just forgot.  Plus most of you foreigners have better English than the forum-ers... 

Apr 13, 2023, 17:0104/13/23
Apr 13, 2023, 17:02(edited)
09/14/20
Trips

I didn't.  But I probably did at some point, just forgot.  Plus most of you foreigners have better English than the forum-ers... 

Ah, that might perhaps be because the hesitance to write something in another language is very high and until you feel sure about your abilities you will just obstain from doing so. 

Therefor many foreigners posting here in english actually feel quite comfortable with writing and therefor the percentage seems to be higher. If I have a look at forums in my language, I also think that many native speakers somehow have a very bad grasp of spelling and grammar.

Apr 13, 2023, 20:5904/13/23
11/29/20

i have 17m pp and was facing lvl 50's... kinda felt bad for them.

everyone is starting at 0 though, it'll sort itself out in a week or so.

and so many people are only choosing 1 nuker, which makes them such an easy win after you ban it.  at least most are nice enough to just leave the match once they realize they've lost.

Apr 13, 2023, 21:0104/13/23
01/15/21

So I had a match time out, got to 30 mins with both having a full team left. My fault as a timed out picking a team member..twice!

It registered as a defeat, no reward. Presumably he got nothing as 

That's a sucky way for the game to respond to a 30 minute fight

Apr 13, 2023, 21:0304/13/23
04/16/21

I agree - it is so bad, I am strongly considering quitting the game.  It is the complete opposite of what this game is.  Something that was quick and ran in the background now requires too much attention, and is just boring and frustrating - not fun at all.  To add to that, I am horrible at arena, I always have been in these kinds of games.  In normal arena, I can still get by with single toon opponents, here I just get lambasted, basically locking me out of an entire mode of the game, and its rewards.

Apr 13, 2023, 21:0804/13/23
06/25/20

So ... don't do it?

Apr 13, 2023, 21:5104/13/23
Apr 13, 2023, 21:57(edited)
12/09/22
Matrim

Is there, in any phrase, that i said i want easy opponents? Or that the people i am up against have the same champs as me?

You need to learn how to read man, i said i want to be against people around my level, not people that are obviously superior cuz they spent more than 3y in the game. ANd for that, the matchmaking needs to take player level, the easiest unit of measure, into account. So newer players can enjoy the new hyped content without getting beaten into pulp by players that are unarguably better equipped. 

Perhaps with time there will be a stablished hierarchy, but still will be very inconsistent. So i brought up a possible solution to allow players to have some fun in matches that are around their level instead of stats check ultra stomps.

Is that clearer now?

Apr 13, 2023, 21:5304/13/23
12/09/22
chris

i have 17m pp and was facing lvl 50's... kinda felt bad for them.

everyone is starting at 0 though, it'll sort itself out in a week or so.

and so many people are only choosing 1 nuker, which makes them such an easy win after you ban it.  at least most are nice enough to just leave the match once they realize they've lost.

I don't even know what is needed to have 17m pp

Apr 13, 2023, 21:5704/13/23
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

So I had a match time out, got to 30 mins with both having a full team left. My fault as a timed out picking a team member..twice!

It registered as a defeat, no reward. Presumably he got nothing as 

That's a sucky way for the game to respond to a 30 minute fight

I think its good, hopefully limit number of "stallers" out there.  You both failed (lol) during team selection, nobody should get anything :)

Apr 13, 2023, 21:5904/13/23
12/09/22
Trips

I think its good, hopefully limit number of "stallers" out there.  You both failed (lol) during team selection, nobody should get anything :)

Is there even a way to create such a balanced loop that the match would go on for 30min?

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 13, 2023, 22:0504/13/23
Apr 13, 2023, 22:05(edited)
12/30/20
Donvak

Is there even a way to create such a balanced loop that the match would go on for 30min?

very possible to do with revivers/cleansers/extremely tank meta in late game arena.

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 13, 2023, 22:0704/13/23
12/30/20
Donvak

Is there, in any phrase, that i said i want easy opponents? Or that the people i am up against have the same champs as me?

You need to learn how to read man, i said i want to be against people around my level, not people that are obviously superior cuz they spent more than 3y in the game. ANd for that, the matchmaking needs to take player level, the easiest unit of measure, into account. So newer players can enjoy the new hyped content without getting beaten into pulp by players that are unarguably better equipped. 

Perhaps with time there will be a stablished hierarchy, but still will be very inconsistent. So i brought up a possible solution to allow players to have some fun in matches that are around their level instead of stats check ultra stomps.

Is that clearer now?

I can certainly understand the frustration. I can see how this might not be the most enjoyable onboarding into Live Arena. 

it will get sorted out, but it will take time and stronger accounts moving up into the higher tiers. 

Apr 13, 2023, 22:0904/13/23
12/19/19
dthorne04

I can certainly understand the frustration. I can see how this might not be the most enjoyable onboarding into Live Arena. 

it will get sorted out, but it will take time and stronger accounts moving up into the higher tiers. 

They should level lock all new content at 100, or at least 80...

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 13, 2023, 22:1104/13/23
Apr 13, 2023, 22:11(edited)
12/30/20
Trips

They should level lock all new content at 100, or at least 80...

is this a part of your master plan to get all early to midgame players into 12-3? :)

Apr 13, 2023, 22:1104/13/23
12/09/22
dthorne04

A lot of time, this is a very cool thing, live arena. A breath of fresh air for people at the top that must have been stuck doing the same content over and over again. It is just very exclusive to them and it sucks. It's like clan boss or hydra but there is only ultra nightmare difficulty