Live arena sucks

Live arena sucks

Search
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Apr 20, 2023, 16:5304/20/23
12/30/20
Donvak

Can i ask why Hepraak is so good? I heard he hits like a truck before but i read his skills and didnt quite understand what makes him special

It's all in the passive. Usually with Hephraak parked in a slow Stone Skin build, massive attack and crit damage. One of your other champions dies and it procs the A2, then assuming your opponents aren't dead Heph does his A3 into A2 and cleans up whatever is left over. 

Apr 20, 2023, 17:3804/20/23
02/11/22

Unless the other guy has Harima, in which case Hephraak is next to useless

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 20, 2023, 17:5504/20/23
12/30/20
Swiftblade

Look i get it. You can build any decent team with lots of different champions. But this is not viable if you really want to push in Live Arena. If you dont believe me, take a look at this, a typical match between the guys that are in silver right now, (who will be in gold eventually) :

i

This is exactly what i was talking about. The META dictates this sort of comp, and there is no choice but to answer with the same kind of team.

2 spots for revivers/cleansers/block debuffs/healers. As in this example, Duchess, Siphi (twice), and Marichka

1 spot for a lockout to annoy the other player, in most cases they will get banned cuz otherwise its game over

2 strong DPS

There you go. What you gonna do with your little bombs against that? Keep in mind the Siphis and Duchesses are most likely in the 360-400 speed range, they can put permanent block debuffs. And notice the multi polymorphs on both sides. Which means debuffers arent worth a dime.

P.S. I knew i was leaving out someone when i was writing the list and said so. And ya, the Ukrainians are those i forgot.

"A typical match" insomuch that it is a matchup between two players at rank 30 and 60 currently, and I believe MacChan was around 25 in this fight. If your point is that the highest end of Live Arena - much like G4 Tag and Plat in Classic - is going to be heavily dominated by meta champs, then yes it is typical. strangely enough, players will pick the best champs and teams in a current meta. but, there is also a variety of counters that exist such as bombs, block revive champs (passive or otherwise). 

for what it's worth, duchess is almost never being run fast these days. in fact, you are more likely to see duchess at 150-200 than you are 300+ in high end arena.

on top of all this, Quinn accurately pointed out that several strong meta champs and counters were fusions. this doesn't even include free champs like Ronda, UDK who are absolutely doing work. supreme elhain is definitely seeing burn as a counter to some tanky comps. between ukko, pythion, gaius, gnishak, ronda, elhain, udk, mithrala, and perhaps lydia to counter some of the revive heavy nonsense (though we can proc sheep) there is certainly a core for a lot of players to work with. that said, if one has mostly skipped fusions and/or is too new then things will take a bit more time to climb, as they should. 

anyway, in the last few days I've really started to see matchmaking level off as players like the ones in your screenshot climbed up. a lot more folks that even if they have meta champs, the blessings are wrong, ban choices are incorrect, in game choices that are poor, etc.

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 20, 2023, 17:5604/20/23
Apr 20, 2023, 18:02(edited)
12/30/20
Swiftblade

Unless the other guy has Harima, in which case Hephraak is next to useless

yes, counters are usually a good idea, but doesn't completely protect the whole team by any stretch

also a good reason why you wouldn't be trying that in classic/tag vs. a static defense, or pick your DS nukers until the end of selection in LA if you don't have to.

Apr 20, 2023, 19:0504/20/23
12/09/22
dthorne04

It's all in the passive. Usually with Hephraak parked in a slow Stone Skin build, massive attack and crit damage. One of your other champions dies and it procs the A2, then assuming your opponents aren't dead Heph does his A3 into A2 and cleans up whatever is left over. 

Thx, that made sense!

Apr 20, 2023, 22:2004/20/23
06/25/20
Swiftblade

Nope. "using absolutely none of those champs" then proceeds to name 2 of them in Kymar and Ukko LOL

And yes, i said i forgot some names in my list, specifically bombers i suppose.

You keep moving the goalposts. So, what metric would be acceptable to you? Using only rare champs?

Apr 20, 2023, 22:2204/20/23
06/25/20
Donvak

Can i ask why Hepraak is so good? I heard he hits like a truck before but i read his skills and didnt quite understand what makes him special

There's two things, specifically. First, his passive lets him get a free, relatively heavy-hitting nuke. That in and of itself isn't really going to be gamechanging though. Even in stoneskin, he won't be able to do enough just from his passive.

But, between that hit, which will soften them up, and his own turn, he can. That's because his A2 will double-hit against targets who are under 50%. The passive will get rid of shields, and probably weaken them a bit. Then, when he gets his turn, he self-buffs and nukes again. At this point the double-hit can finish them off.

All that said - I have Hephraak, and haven't found a workable team for him in Live Arena yet.

Apr 20, 2023, 22:2504/20/23
12/09/22
kramaswamy.kr

There's two things, specifically. First, his passive lets him get a free, relatively heavy-hitting nuke. That in and of itself isn't really going to be gamechanging though. Even in stoneskin, he won't be able to do enough just from his passive.

But, between that hit, which will soften them up, and his own turn, he can. That's because his A2 will double-hit against targets who are under 50%. The passive will get rid of shields, and probably weaken them a bit. Then, when he gets his turn, he self-buffs and nukes again. At this point the double-hit can finish them off.

All that said - I have Hephraak, and haven't found a workable team for him in Live Arena yet.

Is faceless viable as a tank killer? I drew one just now and saw he has a skill that completely ignores defence

Apr 20, 2023, 22:3004/20/23
Apr 20, 2023, 22:58(edited)
12/09/22
dthorne04

I would love to see the rest of your roster if you don't mind. I'm curious at the least. :)

As for your best options to bring/focus on gear, that's going to be very roster dependent. Inithwe is a nice tech option right now just because of how sustain heavy these fights are, but he's gonna take some legit gear. 

edit: inclined to agree with Kram, and I think this is the general approach most that aren't past midgame should have

Here is my roster, not good i know. As you are looking at my roster, any tips for Sand Devil and Iron Twins? Mostly sand devil

i

Apr 20, 2023, 22:5904/20/23
06/25/20

Judging by the roster, your limiting factor is not going to be champ selection, but rather, it's going to be gear. My guess is you simply won't have the stats to make any truly viable team work.

Apr 20, 2023, 23:0504/20/23
12/09/22
kramaswamy.kr

Judging by the roster, your limiting factor is not going to be champ selection, but rather, it's going to be gear. My guess is you simply won't have the stats to make any truly viable team work.

Pretty much, its a stats check more often than not. I dont have the gear or the silver to equip other rivevers yet. Also i dont feel like my revivers are all that good. Uugo, blind seer, elva and ursala. Not terrible but not that good

Apr 20, 2023, 23:1704/20/23
02/11/22
kramaswamy.kr

You keep moving the goalposts. So, what metric would be acceptable to you? Using only rare champs?

Fine. you win. Arena is perfect. It has no issues. It's the most wonderful thing in the world. 

There, you happy now?

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 20, 2023, 23:1804/20/23
02/24/19
Swiftblade

Look i get it. You can build any decent team with lots of different champions. But this is not viable if you really want to push in Live Arena. If you dont believe me, take a look at this, a typical match between the guys that are in silver right now, (who will be in gold eventually) :

i

This is exactly what i was talking about. The META dictates this sort of comp, and there is no choice but to answer with the same kind of team.

2 spots for revivers/cleansers/block debuffs/healers. As in this example, Duchess, Siphi (twice), and Marichka

1 spot for a lockout to annoy the other player, in most cases they will get banned cuz otherwise its game over

2 strong DPS

There you go. What you gonna do with your little bombs against that? Keep in mind the Siphis and Duchesses are most likely in the 360-400 speed range, they can put permanent block debuffs. And notice the multi polymorphs on both sides. Which means debuffers arent worth a dime.

P.S. I knew i was leaving out someone when i was writing the list and said so. And ya, the Ukrainians are those i forgot.

I mean, it's a screenshot of a 9 time 1st place finisher there. One of the top 10 players in the world, imo.

What will my little bombs do there? Hopefully more than my Classic Arena team did against MacChan, that win took like 10.5 minutes. But I wouldn't bring bombs if I saw I matched MacChan anyhow. I'd bring different champs and watch him dunk my best stoneskin tank team.

If you need to take a screenshot of the top handful of players duking it out to prove your point, I'm not sure it really applies to the rest of us. It doesn't even remotely apply me, who has finished Plat, and didn't skip all the fusions from your list of unbeatable champs.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 20, 2023, 23:2004/20/23
02/24/19
Donvak

Pretty much, its a stats check more often than not. I dont have the gear or the silver to equip other rivevers yet. Also i dont feel like my revivers are all that good. Uugo, blind seer, elva and ursala. Not terrible but not that good

Don't worry, we were all short on gear once. Just keep farming and you'll eventually get to a better place.

I spent months in FK before I started even thinking my builds were okay.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 20, 2023, 23:2204/20/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

This is all very true. Hephraak just gets lots of extra smacks in. I have been dunked by some very very hard hitting Stoneskin Hephs built so slow I'm sure they must have -speed substats.

And some Hephraaks have made me quite unhappy in Live, Kram. Maybe we revive another LA thread or start another one to actually talk teams. I know Thorne has been putting Heph in a lot around the arenas.

Apr 20, 2023, 23:2604/20/23
12/09/22
harleQuinn

Don't worry, we were all short on gear once. Just keep farming and you'll eventually get to a better place.

I spent months in FK before I started even thinking my builds were okay.

Thx it's true, i don't even know what i should farm. I'd been maniacally farming spider because of the silver. As i can do spider 20 in under 2min. But i don't know if i should farm dragon or fk. Also fk is hard for me to farm it efficiently still

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 20, 2023, 23:2704/20/23
12/30/20
harleQuinn

This is all very true. Hephraak just gets lots of extra smacks in. I have been dunked by some very very hard hitting Stoneskin Hephs built so slow I'm sure they must have -speed substats.

And some Hephraaks have made me quite unhappy in Live, Kram. Maybe we revive another LA thread or start another one to actually talk teams. I know Thorne has been putting Heph in a lot around the arenas.

I do love my Hephraak. :)

I'd say I tend to lean more towards Candy/Rotos usage in LA, but I hold off on my nukers until the very end and Heph counters some teams very nicely. Running him in 4 piece, 155 speed, 7100 attack/280% cd at the moment, though might be time to slow him down. I do like him in that speed range because it lets me slot him in pretty comfortably on a wide range of my own teams (fast enough if I want to speed nuke in other Arena settings), and versus a fairly wide range of teams I see. 

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 20, 2023, 23:2904/20/23
02/24/19
Donvak

Thx it's true, i don't even know what i should farm. I'd been maniacally farming spider because of the silver. As i can do spider 20 in under 2min. But i don't know if i should farm dragon or fk. Also fk is hard for me to farm it efficiently still

Getting good FK gear is more important, imo, than Dragon gear. Regen gear drives your FW completion, helps you build solo farmers, and is important in the most difficult content like Sand Devil (and can help in Iron Twins and Hydra). So starting early is nice. 

Savage gear is absolutely necessary for the best Arena Nuker builds. Wonderful in the current Polymorph meta to not need to rely on debuffers as much, and have both my HP based and Atk nukers hitting better. Easier to stay in Gold Tag, easier to push Plat, easier to beat Live opponents.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 20, 2023, 23:3104/20/23
02/24/19

So @Donvak if you're struggling with efficient FK farming, why don't you make a post with your roster and your current team, or tag me into one if you alrady did, and we'll see if we can speed it up.

Apr 20, 2023, 23:3204/20/23
12/09/22
harleQuinn

Getting good FK gear is more important, imo, than Dragon gear. Regen gear drives your FW completion, helps you build solo farmers, and is important in the most difficult content like Sand Devil (and can help in Iron Twins and Hydra). So starting early is nice. 

Savage gear is absolutely necessary for the best Arena Nuker builds. Wonderful in the current Polymorph meta to not need to rely on debuffers as much, and have both my HP based and Atk nukers hitting better. Easier to stay in Gold Tag, easier to push Plat, easier to beat Live opponents.

Is savage better than Lethal?