All Categories

Live arena sucks

Live arena sucks

Search
Comments
Apr 15, 2023, 16:2304/15/23
10/01/22
dthorne04

These are not the same concepts, in the slightest. There's no single man defenses to farm endlessly, for one. 

For the most part, account level is a lazy approach. You are going to run into a wide range of account strength at level ~80, just the same as 100. 

you can refresh arena list every 15 mins, over the course of a day its not hard to find 1 man deence lines and use ur arena coins up.

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 15, 2023, 16:2804/15/23
12/30/20
oblivion01332

you can refresh arena list every 15 mins, over the course of a day its not hard to find 1 man deence lines and use ur arena coins up.

Again, these are not comparable to live arena, lol.

But as I've stated, Live Arena functions differently. You can't tank your team and farm the best possible GH building, can't get the best milestone rewards without climbing up into G3/G4, and you can't get the best chests with the new gear without getting into Gold.

That is why these are different. 

Apr 15, 2023, 16:2804/15/23
10/01/22
dthorne04

Going to reply to this and your other post in one:

To some degree, the vast majority of players who are participating in Live Arena right now are dealing with the same or similar issues. I am running into players I wouldn't challenge in Gold 5 because they're running Plat teams. I expect this to get better over time, per the screenshot I posted above.

As to showing stats/gear...no. No, no, no. This just reduces any edge in Arena and would be silly and would remove the advantage of having accumulated knowledge/experience. A lot of what we can expect to face can be predicted through our experience in Arena and it's up to us to get better at recognization. This holds especially true in classic/tag where we have the attackers advantage, being able to make dynamic decisions versus static AI teams that can't make adjustments.

i agree being able to see stats etc would ruin a degree of it, but when you have plat ranks camping down in gold on their unsuspecting 100k power accounts that will 1 shot you its also a massive off put to newer players, and u say "no no no no" to being able to see stats and items but were allowed to use this misleading thing called player power? maybe they could at least balance player power more so people get half an idea what they are against? because all it really tells me is the other guy probably has very high resistance or stoneskin sets.

Apr 15, 2023, 16:2904/15/23
12/09/22
oblivion01332

people who put 1 man defence lines up do it so u push them down the rank, the more down the ranks they go the easier for it is for them to farm medals, then 2 days beore arena resets they push rank back up and put a real defence line in, this is why u randomly see a guy with 700k team power in bottom of gold ranks now and again.

Isnt that inefficient tho? If i see a 700k team i will certainly avoid it. You can refresh the page and all so you are not obliged to fight against those godlike teams. So they would need to spend time and resource to manually climb themselves back up. It makes little sense, unless there is something i aint seeing 

Apr 15, 2023, 16:3104/15/23
10/01/22
dthorne04

Again, these are not comparable to live arena, lol.

But as I've stated, Live Arena functions differently. You can't tank your team and farm the best possible GH building, can't get the best milestone rewards without climbing up into G3/G4, and you can't get the best chests with the new gear without getting into Gold.

That is why these are different. 

im not saying people will drop down to silver to farm lol, but think about it, we get even less live arena tokens than we do normal arena tokens and tag team tokens, people dont want to "waste" their tokens, they want to get easier wins, so they will probably so a similar method where they lower rank to get some easier free wins, i admit live arena is slightly different to tag and regular arena but im certain we are going to see similar tactics being applied when people get smart about it.

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 15, 2023, 16:3204/15/23
12/30/20
oblivion01332

i agree being able to see stats etc would ruin a degree of it, but when you have plat ranks camping down in gold on their unsuspecting 100k power accounts that will 1 shot you its also a massive off put to newer players, and u say "no no no no" to being able to see stats and items but were allowed to use this misleading thing called player power? maybe they could at least balance player power more so people get half an idea what they are against? because all it really tells me is the other guy probably has very high resistance or stoneskin sets.

I mean, don't challenge those teams. And if you're (in a general sense) getting farmed by them in G5 on defense there's a realistic argument you don't belong there. That said, even without power you should be able to start to predict team configurations based on the meta, including turn order, relative speeds and gear sets.

It's all really a moot point due to G5 having a too low loss cap still, though. 

Apr 15, 2023, 16:3304/15/23
12/09/22
dthorne04

I mean, don't challenge those teams. And if you're (in a general sense) getting farmed by them in G5 on defense there's a realistic argument you don't belong there. That said, even without power you should be able to start to predict team configurations based on the meta, including turn order, relative speeds and gear sets.

It's all really a moot point due to G5 having a too low loss cap still, though. 

Too low loss cap?

Apr 15, 2023, 16:3304/15/23
10/01/22
Donvak

Isnt that inefficient tho? If i see a 700k team i will certainly avoid it. You can refresh the page and all so you are not obliged to fight against those godlike teams. So they would need to spend time and resource to manually climb themselves back up. It makes little sense, unless there is something i aint seeing 

i have had a 1 man defence line for 2 weeks, i ensure i win every fight with free wins and i never lose rank, its a joke i know but sadly the meta

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 15, 2023, 16:3404/15/23
12/30/20
Donvak

Too low loss cap?

As long as you're getting in your tokens, you can't really get farmed out of G5 due to the loss cap. IIRC, you'll stop losing points after 20 losses per day.

Thus, we all sit in G5 and farm our GH endlessly. :)

Apr 15, 2023, 16:3904/15/23
12/09/22
oblivion01332

i have had a 1 man defence line for 2 weeks, i ensure i win every fight with free wins and i never lose rank, its a joke i know but sadly the meta

That is the thing i like the most about live arena, there is a bigger margin for strategy and human error. Make it feels fresher, what is a problem for me is when there is literally NOTHING u can possibly do because it's just a gear check. It will sort itself out, but they should've thought deeper about balancing. I'm currently 970, being lv 59, i could say i'd been extremely lucky, as a good part seems to kinda lose interest because i am too low level, so they either put a very weak joke team or a secondary test team to play at my level or they abandon. When the match is actually strategic, it is helluva fun. I just lost one because the RNG god gave me the finger but it was fun as the match was very tense and balanced.

Apr 15, 2023, 16:4004/15/23
Apr 15, 2023, 16:42(edited)
12/09/22
dthorne04

As long as you're getting in your tokens, you can't really get farmed out of G5 due to the loss cap. IIRC, you'll stop losing points after 20 losses per day.

Thus, we all sit in G5 and farm our GH endlessly. :)

I really didnt know that. But 20loss in a row isnt enough to make u drop further from g5?

In any case, thx for indulging in my curiosity. I find pvp the best part of the game so its nice to know of those quirks

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 15, 2023, 16:5904/15/23
12/30/20
Donvak

I really didnt know that. But 20loss in a row isnt enough to make u drop further from g5?

In any case, thx for indulging in my curiosity. I find pvp the best part of the game so its nice to know of those quirks

Glad to hear you like PvP. :) And yeah, it's tough to get booted out of G5 unless you go inactive, once you climb up. 

I do think things will get a lot better for all of us in Live Arena, and I'm hoping it's soon. Given your interest in PvP I can certainly understand how getting kicked around is probably not the most fun start to the Live Arena experience. 😭

Apr 15, 2023, 17:3104/15/23
10/01/22

tbh hes right, if it wasnt for the fact we see level 50s vs level 100s it would be a decent experience, i can even excuse the slight lag but at the moment its a coinflip incase we get put against a level 100, devs really need to think it through if this is how future updates will happen (game has to balance it self out and higher levels end up in higher tier etc this could take months?) really is basically like saying this content is mainly for literal end game players because of the way the ranking system will play out before newer/mid and even some higher tier players can actually enjoy it, thats my only issue, ill say no more on it.

Apr 15, 2023, 20:1104/15/23
12/09/22
dthorne04

Glad to hear you like PvP. :) And yeah, it's tough to get booted out of G5 unless you go inactive, once you climb up. 

I do think things will get a lot better for all of us in Live Arena, and I'm hoping it's soon. Given your interest in PvP I can certainly understand how getting kicked around is probably not the most fun start to the Live Arena experience. 😭

Nah, the problem isnt losing. Losing is the best way of learning. The problem is losing without rhyme or reason because of pure difference in attributes. Its like, i just get beat for nothing so its frustrating. But i came to a realization that my roster is relatively strong. Porting heroes like seer, seeker, skullchrown venus, inthwe (my salvation against those that put lilithu arbiter might ukko in the same damn roster), elva, etc. So it gives me some hope

Apr 16, 2023, 01:4704/16/23
12/29/19

Your champs must suck cuz i love it im in bronze 4 will hit silver tommrrow night )

Apr 16, 2023, 14:5204/16/23
10/01/22
killerclone187

Your champs must suck cuz i love it im in bronze 4 will hit silver tommrrow night )

yes lets ignore the main issues at hand just because you personally got good rng lol.

Apr 16, 2023, 18:5404/16/23
12/09/22
oblivion01332

yes lets ignore the main issues at hand just because you personally got good rng lol.

Out of curiosity, how much mmr did u manage to reach? I got up to 1k today, out of pure unhinged luck (and a bit of strategy)

Apr 17, 2023, 06:5704/17/23
10/01/22
Donvak

Out of curiosity, how much mmr did u manage to reach? I got up to 1k today, out of pure unhinged luck (and a bit of strategy)

if u struggle, then push all the way to gold 5 and leave a real defence line in the whole time, and just refresh ur list and take free wins (1 man teams) u cant lose g5 rank and will get 4 gold medals per win, tag team is a little different, you want to put a real defence line in about 3 days before ranking ends, and in the last 3 days u push and take as many wins as u you can, tag is definetly a lot harder to rank up in, classic arena is easy.

Apr 17, 2023, 14:1104/17/23
10/01/22

iv thought about a reasonable resolution to plariums terribly launched new content, they should give all players of a set level multiple live arena refills to compensate for the fact most low/mid/high tier players are at a complete disadvantage, im not even putting much time into the arena but im still seeing plenty of lvl 100s at 900 pts,this is going to take months to play out properly.

do the right thing plarium and give more arena live token refills daily, you dont even have to dedicate it to lower levels, you can give more arena reills away to everyone, this will put people into rank faster, at the moment arena is open 4 times a day for 2 hr periods with pathetic amounts of live arena reills, this is going to take literally months to even out, you have screwed 80% of ur game out of this new content.

Apr 17, 2023, 22:1104/17/23
12/09/22
oblivion01332

if u struggle, then push all the way to gold 5 and leave a real defence line in the whole time, and just refresh ur list and take free wins (1 man teams) u cant lose g5 rank and will get 4 gold medals per win, tag team is a little different, you want to put a real defence line in about 3 days before ranking ends, and in the last 3 days u push and take as many wins as u you can, tag is definetly a lot harder to rank up in, classic arena is easy.

I dont have a defensive roster. The fact that UDK is not in the draw pool is utter bullsht