We need info on the future of the game

We need info on the future of the game

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Nov 2, 2020, 19:5011/02/20
09/22/20
Alina

I see, thanks, my Lord. However, I wasn't talking about the fact that Flash wouldn't be supported after December 31st, 2020. This is a fact, of course. 

But there have been some really disturbing assumptions in this thread. As I said, it will do no good. 

Regarding the answers, soon you'll get them. Cheers!  

Assumptions usually arise because of lack of communication OR reassurance based on facts .

Things like "somewhere around..." , "we have a plan ..."etc etc  are not really reassuring , are they ?

If you have something delivered to you you'd like to know when and what time aswell .

All this has little to do with patience anymore , players would like to know where they stand with their game and that is all there is to it .

You want to stop the "really disturbing assumptions " ?

Then share some things that are not giving people a reason to assume .

It is hard to keep faith when time is slipping away and all we have is "a plan "/ "we'll share it when it is ready " and such 😋

Nov 3, 2020, 10:4611/03/20
10/31/14
Alina

I see, thanks, my Lord. However, I wasn't talking about the fact that Flash wouldn't be supported after December 31st, 2020. This is a fact, of course. 

But there have been some really disturbing assumptions in this thread. As I said, it will do no good. 

Regarding the answers, soon you'll get them. Cheers!  

Which assumptions are disturbing and serve no good?

I understand your concern for the image of Plarium. But you must be equally concerned about us, the players. 

We need to know if there is a future to this game. You need to answer our questions. 

Time and time again we asked these questions. 

1. What is the plan? 
  2. When will it be ready?
  3. Is the game being ported, yes or no
  4. Is there any consideration to port the game to a flash wrap or WebGL
  5. Is there consideration to transfer user data from Facebook into Plarium.com, where their future is more certain
  6. Is there consideration to transfer user data into Shadow Edge and other equivalent Plarium games, where WebGL is used? 
Nov 3, 2020, 22:0511/03/20
Nov 3, 2020, 22:06(edited)
11/22/13

Even I can answer  a couple of those

3./4. ported, in principle, No ... not a true transfer, a rewriting of the game code

5. No

6. No

BiohazarDModerator
Nov 4, 2020, 16:3011/04/20
10/04/13
roadstar Pitbull

Even I can answer  a couple of those

3./4. ported, in principle, No ... not a true transfer, a rewriting of the game code

5. No

6. No

A port is a rewrite of the game code to a different system/language.  

Also, it's possible that the facebook accounts could be copied over to a new plarium.com server.  I don't know if Plarium is planning to do this or not, but something similar has been done before.   

AlinaCommunity Manager
Nov 6, 2020, 08:4211/06/20
Nov 6, 2020, 08:43(edited)
05/21/19
Dave de Jong

Assumptions usually arise because of lack of communication OR reassurance based on facts .

Things like "somewhere around..." , "we have a plan ..."etc etc  are not really reassuring , are they ?

If you have something delivered to you you'd like to know when and what time aswell .

All this has little to do with patience anymore , players would like to know where they stand with their game and that is all there is to it .

You want to stop the "really disturbing assumptions " ?

Then share some things that are not giving people a reason to assume .

It is hard to keep faith when time is slipping away and all we have is "a plan "/ "we'll share it when it is ready " and such 😋

Hello, my Lord! You're totally right. That's why as soon as I can share the details, I will do it 😉

AlinaCommunity Manager
Nov 6, 2020, 08:4311/06/20
Nov 6, 2020, 08:46(edited)
05/21/19
Oracle

Which assumptions are disturbing and serve no good?

I understand your concern for the image of Plarium. But you must be equally concerned about us, the players. 

We need to know if there is a future to this game. You need to answer our questions. 

Time and time again we asked these questions. 

1. What is the plan? 
  2. When will it be ready?
  3. Is the game being ported, yes or no
  4. Is there any consideration to port the game to a flash wrap or WebGL
  5. Is there consideration to transfer user data from Facebook into Plarium.com, where their future is more certain
  6. Is there consideration to transfer user data into Shadow Edge and other equivalent Plarium games, where WebGL is used? 

There is a future for the game and you'll get all the answers soon 😉

Nov 9, 2020, 14:3011/09/20
11/22/13
BiohazarD

A port is a rewrite of the game code to a different system/language.  

Also, it's possible that the facebook accounts could be copied over to a new plarium.com server.  I don't know if Plarium is planning to do this or not, but something similar has been done before.   

I stand corrected. Different times, different terminology.

"port" used to mean different IP and or servers, platform, usually with a rewrite.

"rewrite" was simply that, same ip,server,platform just refresh the code for newer machines,graphics and or ip speeds.

Nov 15, 2020, 19:4611/15/20
09/22/20

The silence is deafening 😣

BiohazarDModerator
Nov 17, 2020, 01:3411/17/20
10/04/13
Dave de Jong

The silence is deafening 😣

Don't worry, I'm sure Plarium is working on a plan.  Hopefully we'll get some news soon.  

Nov 17, 2020, 21:1811/17/20
09/22/20

Well , 

Soon might be sooner than you think lol

Flash Transition Update

Rest Easy - The Game Will Go On!

Dear Players,

We wanted to put your mind at ease in terms of Flash shutting down on December 31st. You will definitely be able to continue playing the game for as long as you like with your saved account so please don’t worry!

We currently have two options that we’re fine-tuning in order to do this. While both options are ready, we’re still working on how to make one of the options a smooth and easy process for you. We can share details about the other option - transferring the game to HTML5 - right now though.

HTML5 has been recommended by Adobe and it will ensure that you can keep playing over here like you’ve always been. We’re quite excited about it but we’re still weighing up the two options to see which can give you the best gaming experience in the long run.

No matter which option we finally choose, be assured that you will be able to continue playing on the very same server with your progress intact. All in-game features will remain and we will keep developing them to make the game better than ever.

We guarantee that the game WILL NOT be closed down and we will inform you about the path forward very soon.

Stay tuned! 

Sadly ....

This came through other channels than this "official forum "

BiohazarDModerator
Nov 19, 2020, 07:5011/19/20
10/04/13
Dave de Jong

Well , 

Flash Transition Update

Dear Players,

We wanted to put your mind at ease in terms of Flash shutting down on December 31st. You will definitely be able to continue playing the game for as long as you like with your saved account so please don’t worry!

We currently have two options that we’re fine-tuning in order to do this. While both options are ready, we’re still working on how to make one of the options a smooth and easy process for you. We can share details about the other option - transferring the game to HTML5 - right now though.

HTML5 has been recommended by Adobe and it will ensure that you can keep playing over here like you’ve always been. We’re quite excited about it but we’re still weighing up the two options to see which can give you the best gaming experience in the long run.

No matter which option we finally choose, be assured that you will be able to continue playing on the very same server with your progress intact. All in-game features will remain and we will keep developing them to make the game better than ever.

We guarantee that the game WILL NOT be closed down and we will inform you about the path forward very soon.

Stay tuned! 

Sadly ....

Yeah that is a bit odd how they announced it, but still good news.  

Nov 19, 2020, 12:3711/19/20
02/22/16
Dave de Jong

Well , 

Flash Transition Update

Dear Players,

Stay tuned! 

Sadly ....

That is because that announcement is only in regards to The Facebook Game . 

It's not for the Plarium.com game when there is more to be said about this  Platform it will also be announced on this forum.

Nov 19, 2020, 14:0311/19/20
09/22/20

If i'm not mistaken this forum is about Stormfall .

Whichever platforum it runs off makes no difference .

And correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't this topic started to have some answers to the continuation of Stormfall with regards to the EoL of Flash ?

As Plarium.com-players will always be able to play SF those questions are of lesser concern than for those that started their game through FB ( or other platforums ) .

I'm not ignoring either party , just here to get some reassurance that my game will be playable after Dec 31st .

Plarium.com players have their account through Plarium , me ( and many like me ) do not .

Our games would end if there wouldn't be a solution .

So forgive me if i come across as unconcerned about Plarium.com players .

Nov 19, 2020, 14:5611/19/20
02/22/16
Dave de Jong

If i'm not mistaken this forum is about Stormfall .

Whichever platforum it runs off makes no difference .

And correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't this topic started to have some answers to the continuation of Stormfall with regards to the EoL of Flash ?

As Plarium.com-players will always be able to play SF those questions are of lesser concern than for those that started their game through FB ( or other platforums ) .

I'm not ignoring either party , just here to get some reassurance that my game will be playable after Dec 31st .

Plarium.com players have their account through Plarium , me ( and many like me ) do not .

Our games would end if there wouldn't be a solution .

So forgive me if i come across as unconcerned about Plarium.com players .

As this is the Plarium.com forum And what your bringing forward is not information That pertains to the Players that solely use this forum As a means to gain information.

What you are posting is mudding the waters at this point 

If it was meant to be posted here it would of been done when it was posted on facebook  (As it only pertains to facebook at this Time ) 

As we don't post things in the facebook forum that don't pertain to facebook and only pertain to Plarium.com 

Sometime there are releases that affect both that is when you will see Parroting of announcements on both forums 

Nov 19, 2020, 15:1211/19/20
09/22/20

https://www.facebook.com/StormfallCommunity/photos/a.455590444492138/3654458204605330/

If you would be so kind to read the comments you would see that CM Alina has responded there .

It is a post made on FB yes , but it is the official Plarium SF facebook page . 

Some of the players playing SF through FB will post their questions there , i do it here .

If that is against the rules then i'll be on my merry way .

Either way ...i posted it  , my bad .

Nov 19, 2020, 15:3711/19/20
Nov 19, 2020, 17:50(edited)
02/22/16
Dave de Jong

https://www.facebook.com/StormfallCommunity/photos/a.455590444492138/3654458204605330/

If you would be so kind to read the comments you would see that CM Alina has responded there .

It is a post made on FB yes , but it is the official Plarium SF facebook page . 

Some of the players playing SF through FB will post their questions there , i do it here .

If that is against the rules then i'll be on my merry way .

Either way ...i posted it  , my bad .

As you will note No warning has been sent  as you didn't break any rules.

I am just explaining why what you posted was not announced here  and why it was only posted on facebook .

You are alway welcomed on this forum 

Nov 19, 2020, 23:1711/19/20
11/22/13

Just to help 'clear the mud', all FB, .com and the app all utilize flash for stormfall and a few other games. So we are all in this mess together.

After rereading the Fb post, it does not say thing more than the .com did.

And the timer ticks on.....

Timer 

Nov 20, 2020, 18:3611/20/20
10/31/14
Alina

There is a future for the game and you'll get all the answers soon 😉

Its nearly a month since we requested information. You promised to supply it before end of  November. It's now the 20th of November. 

Also can that same information be posted here, or made in an announcement in the game. You must also start by mentioning that you are releasing the information because you were requested to.  This will go a long way in convincing players that you were going to release such answers anyways. 

Nov 20, 2020, 18:4011/20/20
10/31/14
Wesley Pringle

As you will note No warning has been sent  as you didn't break any rules.

I am just explaining why what you posted was not announced here  and why it was only posted on facebook .

You are alway welcomed on this forum 

Facebook players have always used the forum. I never saw them as anything but an extension of ourselves. One thing that Facebook players do a lot is to request a castle to be tombed here on the forum when they lose player. 

Though I understand your explanation and your actions. But this matter here, and the game itself has become central to us all.  We are almost always affected by the same things. Our servers run the same events and everything else in the same time.