i will not disagree,as it might be ! but  they're trying

and its the gist of what iv been trying to say

panic just bring more panic

anyways lets hope for the best

Oct 24, 2020, 10:0210/24/20
09/22/20

fURY said:

dj moody used an analogy,let me use one too

all these is like a stadium full with people when someone in middle screams a bomb/an earthquake,anything ,the casualty there when people trying to get out would be much more than a catastrophe that might have been caused by the actual announced thing

Depends on how big the bomb/earthquake would be , don't you think ?

IMO a poor analogy , sorry .

The fact that a representative has said something , doesn't mean something will happen ( reversed psychology ..at many occasions that was to cover up "disasters" :P )

It's not about spreading "panic " ... "panic " is starting to break out because people don't see anything happen , aren't being informed of where this is going .

But most of all because they see the clock at 2 minutes to midnight !!  

So having a representative say "we have a plan " is not reassuring at all , people need a bit more than that .

Let me clarify that i'm not "attacking" Alina AT ALL !!!

But with the way things are looking right now , mere words are not making anyone feel comforted . 
Oct 24, 2020, 15:3510/24/20
Oct 24, 2020, 16:06(edited)
08/09/15

MorbidSniper said:

fURY said:

dj moody used an analogy,let me use one too

all these is like a stadium full with people when someone in middle screams a bomb/an earthquake,anything ,the casualty there when people trying to get out would be much more than a catastrophe that might have been caused by the actual announced thing

Depends on how big the bomb/earthquake would be , don't you think ?

IMO a poor analogy , sorry .

The fact that a representative has said something , doesn't mean something will happen ( reversed psychology ..at many occasions that was to cover up "disasters" :P )

It's not about spreading "panic " ... "panic " is starting to break out because people don't see anything happen , aren't being informed of where this is going .

But most of all because they see the clock at 2 minutes to midnight !!  

So having a representative say "we have a plan " is not reassuring at all , people need a bit more than that .

Let me clarify that i'm not "attacking" Alina AT ALL !!!

But with the way things are looking right now , mere words are not making anyone feel comforted . 

i get it ur worried,but so Am i ! iv been playing this game since 2014

what u say is true ! but the opposite is as well...

before you open this thread did u check how many views did this page have ? 103 ... 103 have read this,this whole time this thread has been opened by dj moody

there are few type of players who come on forum:.i dnt like to brand but the gist kind of is :

1.league leaders,trusted players and such ..

2.players who just come to complain,not saying its not righteous,but still they come when there are some problems in the game

3.trolls, and in some case people who would rather see the game end.not pointing fingers at all

4.players who just come to see whats going on ...

u are right about that,but what about disasters that started with a small thing like a rumor ? (as in analogy,not calling this one)

a team leader starts something out of concern/anything of his own reason 

then a player from any group mentioned above reads this thread goes into their league chat/discord/teamspeak and starts talking about it the way s/he has read it, or the way s/he understood it or anyway s/he wants it just cause of misunderstanding/malicious intentions/just having some fun

what happens then ?

seems like the day is the day of analogies  !

a thread that has been viewed by only 100 people acts as a catalyst for a wildfire that soon engulfs the whole game ! intentional or not,it spreads panic

Oct 24, 2020, 16:0410/24/20
08/09/15

Dear players plarium is already working on alternatives to flash as a community manager has also formerly mentioned it in this same thread

Oct 24, 2020, 19:5610/24/20
05/07/18
DJ Moody said:

As a league leader I am continually fielding questions from people about whether the game will continue past Dec 31 (end of flash). I don't just get those questions from members of my league but it's being increasingly asked by everyone you come in contact with in the game.

It's got to such a state, a lot of people are starting to discuss plans for what their "end of game" should look like. How they will go out with a bang, who they don't like and how to go out all guns blazing.

The original official statement saying the game was committed to continuing with Flash post EoL was highly unconvincing.

It was great to go beyond that and hear in the last couple of months that there are "two projects" being investigated, presumably to port the game off Flash so it has a guaranteed future. That gave me some hope.

But we need firm information and updates as to how these are progressing. We are virtually within 2 months of the possible end of the game and we have virtually very little info from Plarium. 

I have pointed out to people that, why would Plarium release new updates like Champ quests if the game was ending. But they just say that "they would keep releasing small updates to give the impression there was still commitment to the game".

The most difficult argument to counter is that if Plarium have a firm plan which they believe will be successful they would tell us about it. There is no logical reason not to communicate "good" news like that. The only reason to work in a cloud of secrecy is if there is no plan, or that the plans don't have a good chance of success.

Hopefully it's not the latter. So I urge you to share more details of what is going on. What are you working on? How is it going? When might it be ready. Do you want/need any help testing it?

We need more info urgently.

(the longer we have no more info, the worse the speculation becomes)

Oct 24, 2020, 19:5810/24/20
10/31/14

fURY said:

Dear players plarium is already working on alternatives to flash as a community manager has also formerly mentioned it in this same thread

The purpose of this post was to find out what are those plans.

The 2016 CM also stated, formerly, in this forum, that Plarium would port the game into WebGL. Then a couple of months later, we are told that their porting was unsuccessful. We were promised a solution. 

We will not be asking these questions if we did not love this game or have vested interests in it. Imagine waking up on 01/01/2021 to find out that the game is gone, your whole 7 years experience is gone, your friends, your enemies, all gone. I am more afraid of that. 

Oct 24, 2020, 21:2310/24/20
Oct 24, 2020, 21:24(edited)
12/22/14

My big customer: "Hey Limad, about that project you're working on for us, how's it coming? It's due in about two months or so, right?"

Me: "Hey, yeah, all good. I have this really good plan to get it over the line in time."

My big customer: "Well, that's good to hear. Care to share it with me?"

Me: "No, not really. Trust me, it'll be fine. We're all good."

My big customer: "Hmm, ok. It's just that from talking to others in the industry, it's sounds like you'll have a number of obstacles - some of them really big - to overcome in order to make the deadline."

Me: "Sure, yeah. That's where the plan comes in."

My big customer: "Right, that's why I'm just kinda wondering what that plan might be? You know, so I can get a feel for how successful it's likely to be?"

Me: "Don't you worry about that, leave it with me. I'll let you know when the time is right."

My big customer: "Eh, ok. Well, keep me updated."

Me: "Will do, big customer."

(My big customer starting ringing around to various stakeholders in the project to find out if they know what's going on and what "the plan" might be. Understandably, he's a little worried.)

Oct 24, 2020, 22:3010/24/20
08/09/15

Oracle said:

fURY said:

The purpose of this post was to find out what are those plans.

The 2016 CM also stated, formerly, in this forum, that Plarium would port the game into WebGL. Then a couple of months later, we are told that their porting was unsuccessful. We were promised a solution. 

We will not be asking these questions if we did not love this game or have vested interests in it. Imagine waking up on 01/01/2021 to find out that the game is gone, your whole 7 years experience is gone, your friends, your enemies, all gone. I am more afraid of that. 

i can not argue over valid debates

what i can do is : take note of those valid point u,everyone makes in these debates and pass them to game team

the rest of what iv been trying,this whole time to say was, not to panic ! dnt let others panic

the issue has already been stated ,i read it,took notes

pls note that we all,on moderating team are players too ! we play the game,and have friends here too

if u are worried about an issue,so are we ! 

i hope for ur patience and understanding 

Oct 24, 2020, 23:0510/24/20
11/22/13

History 101:

6 June, 2018, 3:01 PM UTC

AGENT PAVEL

TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Soon Flash won’t be supported by most of the modern browsers. This means that a lot of players won’t be able to enter the game unless we change the current game engine. We have analyzed all of the possible solutions before choosing WebGL as the most suitable one.

The process is quite complicated and most of the fixes are released within the global game update

The desktop app is working on Flash. You can play via the app since the WebGL platform is still under development. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And after time, the game reverted back to entire flash, no further mention from Plarium until 2(?) months ago. But 'trust us'....

Oct 25, 2020, 00:3510/25/20
11/22/13

Snowgoon said:

Plarium browser games don't actually need flash .... they do have alternatives already.

Throne has been running quite happily on plarium.com for a very long time, but has never used flash

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/54_-news-and-announcements/128446_plarium-play-app--we-need-your-feedback-/?post=808351

I think the issue in this case is that was developed for mobile that can run in browser. Later development teams and tech??

Just guessing.
Oct 25, 2020, 01:4010/25/20
09/22/20

Snowgoon said:

Plarium browser games don't actually need flash .... they do have alternatives already.

Throne has been running quite happily on plarium.com for a very long time, but has never used flash

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/54_-news-and-announcements/128446_plarium-play-app--we-need-your-feedback-/?post=808351

Plarium BROWSER games huh ?? 

Those run on Flash , hence why it keeps asking for approval to be used .

They have alternatives yes , except for people that started their game ( whichever that may be ) through a browser .

I can start SF in Plarium Play , no doubt , emphasis on START ...there is no way i can continue my , already 7 yr-running game on Plarium Play .

For the simple fact that Plarium rather see you start again , invest money again than let you continue your game .

PLARIUM.COM account = PLARIUM PLAY

Not that hard to figure out .

Accounts through Facebook ( Gameroom )  ...yeah that still seems a bit of a problem  ( AND A LOT OF PEOPLE STARTED THEIR GAME THERE !!!) 

Oct 25, 2020, 01:5510/25/20
08/09/15

as far as i know all plarium games need flash snowgoon,roadster pitbull

dnt know about throne and this case mentioned

i'll ask around and will let u guys know
Oct 25, 2020, 02:0210/25/20
Oct 25, 2020, 02:09(edited)
07/10/14

They will have legal issues with Facebook.

Facebook make money attracting you to a user interface and bombarding you with advertising through it. Of course in Gamesroom they also take cut of the game revenue.

If FB simply allowed their customers to access games via through 3rd part developer apps they would:

- have lost your off their planform/ and lost the ability to advertise to you

- have no way to take their cut of the revenue (or even know what revenue is being made)

So while technically it's probably reasonable simple to allow you to access the game via the Play app, the commercial issues around allowing it to happen are going to be pretty complex.

Bear in mind that Facebook is HUGE. Plarium is not (not in the grand scheme of large companies). Individual games developers won't have much power in negotiating terms with FB - it will be done all on FB's terms (or you can take the highway).

That isn't to say that Plarium couldn't arrange the migration of a game from FB to their own plarform. Just that they would have to have agreed the rights to move the whole game with FB - they can't just provide the app to you and let individual customer decide how they want to play.

Oct 25, 2020, 02:4410/25/20
11/22/13

fURY said:

as far as i know all plarium games need flash snowgoon,roadster pitbull

dnt know about throne and this case mentioned

i'll ask around and will let u guys know

.com browser games all require flash,, atleast some mobile games do not.

Oct 25, 2020, 08:2810/25/20
Oct 26, 2020, 13:37(edited)
10/31/14

fURY said:

i can not argue over valid debates

what i can do is : take note of those valid point u,everyone makes in these debates and pass them to game team

the rest of what iv been trying,this whole time to say was, not to panic ! dnt let others panic

the issue has already been stated ,i read it,took notes

pls note that we all,on moderating team are players too ! we play the game,and have friends here too

if u are worried about an issue,so are we ! 

i hope for ur patience and understanding 

Do you have any idea of how many friends have we lost. How many good players and team mates have we lost since the whole debacle. Thousands of them. 

And do you know why we lost all those players? 

Lack of communication, unwarranted hostilities and general secrecy around the future of the game.  

@Alina

Could you just make a comment like so. 

"We are currently working on projects A, B and C. Which involves D, E and F. We chose project A. B and C, because of this reason, G, H and I. Which we believe will be suitable because D, E, and F have already proven successful in J, K and L.. Project A, has these advantages, D, E and F, and is most liekly to succeed because of K, K and L". 

This is all that many players want. Because right now, a player with over 9 billion offense in Weor units is planning to destroy our game. Questionable players from questionable leagues are moving into the fold of this players league for their end game. If these players attack beacons before such an announcement from you, the game is lost. I have seen the adverse effect that comes with the loss of defense, and I have seen many players throw their towels because of it.

If this player attack beacons and you made those statements, then players who lost will not be demolirised, but motivated to get their revenge. They will stay, and we will have a future. 

[Edited]
Oct 25, 2020, 08:4210/25/20
10/31/14

Snowgoon said:

This might seem too complicated, but Throne developers are not Plarium. From what I understand, Throne acquired server space from Plarium.The same way that Plarium once rented server 3 to Kabaam. and the Russian server to another company. 

I am not entirely sure about all the details. But they are run as separate entities under Plarium. Throne works on WebGL.  Which is the game engine most games are running on.

Plarium developers did try to port one of their games to WebGL. But after 1 day of testing, it was not even a month they gave up. What is very interesting is that most of the issues that prevented them to port the game then have already been fixed. 

One of the issues was the game taking too long to load, which was a problem for all WebGL games that were ported, That problem was fixed long time ago. 

So I have no idea why they are not porting the game. Also, they don't have to port the game completely off flash. There are port compatible HTML engines like Haxe which work fine without flash players. 

https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/23/adobe-flash-is-dead-heres-how-to-save-your-game-before-its-too-late/

Oct 25, 2020, 18:0810/25/20
Oct 25, 2020, 18:10(edited)
12/13/14

Oracle said:

Snowgoon said:

Throne works on WebGL.  Which is the game engine most games are running on.

Plarium developers did try to port one of their games to WebGL. But after 1 day of testing, it was not even a month they gave up. What is very interesting is that most of the issues that prevented them to port the game then have already been fixed. 

One of the issues was the game taking too long to load, which was a problem for all WebGL games that were ported, That problem was fixed long time ago. 

So I have no idea why they are not porting the game. Also, they don't have to port the game completely off flash. There are port compatible HTML engines like Haxe which work fine without flash players. 

https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/23/adobe-flash-is-dead-heres-how-to-save-your-game-before-its-too-late/

I wondered if Throne was using Mozilla WebGL, but it is disabled on my browser so this seems unlikely - https://prnt.sc/v6k1l1

Oct 25, 2020, 23:2910/25/20
09/22/20

I just , purely to make sure , did a check on Throne ...

Hate to say this but ..it is using WebGL .

And here comes the kicker : it was actually suffering from issues that were game-breaking .

Anywho ...back to the issue at hand : FLASH and EoL .

Oct 26, 2020, 06:0610/26/20
10/31/14
Snowgoon said:

I wondered if Throne was using Mozilla WebGL, but it is disabled on my browser so this seems unlikely - https://prnt.sc/v6k1l1

Draft extensions are used to make WebGL work better, specifically 3d imaging. Websites using WebGL are able to work without them enabled. That is because WebGL is more HTML5.