Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Oct 26, 2020, 06:2510/26/20
Oct 26, 2020, 06:27(edited)
10/04/13

Oracle said:

Snowgoon said:

I wondered if Throne was using Mozilla WebGL, but it is disabled on my browser so this seems unlikely - https://prnt.sc/v6k1l1

Draft extensions are used to make WebGL work better, specifically 3d imaging. Websites using WebGL are able to work without them enabled. That is because WebGL is more HTML5. 

Yep, he'd still be able to use WebGL even with draft extensions disabled, it just might have some issues.  

I believe there was an attempt to convert one of Plarium's games to WebGL a few years ago and it was found to be too slow, but it's possible since then things have advanced enough that it's now viable.  
AlinaCommunity Manager
Oct 26, 2020, 13:4410/26/20
Oct 26, 2020, 13:45(edited)
05/21/19

Hello, my Lords and Ladies!

I'd like to note that Throne: Kingdom at War is another Plarium game, but that's true that it doesn't require Flash. Another technology was used to develop this game. 

Getting back to Stormfall: Age of War, I'd love to share more details with you. But I can't do it now, not yet. The only thing I would like to tell you once more is that we don't plan to shut down the game and there will be a solution for every platform (both Plarium.com and Facebook). As soon as we're ready, we'll share a detailed instruction with you. 

Till that time, I strongly recommend not to spread panic and fake news. It will do no good. Thank you for your understanding! 

Oct 26, 2020, 14:3510/26/20
11/22/13

Ok, can we approach this from another direction, what are you allowed to say.

Is it  a new development team, or was it existing within Plarium?

What is the time frame involved in development, 2 months,8 months,12 months??

Is it running fully on the test server(dev server), if so how long?

Base coding, webgl, html5?

Estimated announcement date, time frame,,, something....
Oct 27, 2020, 00:5710/27/20
Oct 27, 2020, 01:01(edited)
12/22/14
Alina said:

I'd like to note that Throne: Kingdom at War is another Plarium game, but that's true that it doesn't require Flash. Another technology was used to develop this game. 

Getting back to Stormfall: Age of War, I'd love to share more details with you. But I can't do it now, not yet. The only thing I would like to tell you once more is that we don't plan to shut down the game and there will be a solution for every platform (both Plarium.com and Facebook). As soon as we're ready, we'll share a detailed instruction with you. 

Till that time, I strongly recommend not to spread panic and fake news. It will do no good. Thank you for your understanding! 

Alina, in fairness, as customers we are just asking if there is any point to us remaining customers. Not a big ask. And drop the "fake news" line please. No need for that. 
Oct 27, 2020, 12:3310/27/20
12/17/14

With regards the accusation of fake news:

The previous CM is on record as saying that Facebook players will be able to continue to use Facebook Gamesroom to play Flash based version of Stormfall after 31 Dec 2020. And that is despite in that thread a player (who is currently banned) pointing out that this was contrary to Facebook's own statement.

Here are some of what Facebook has to say:

"this also applies to Web Games on Facebook - any game using Flash after January 1, 2021 will no longer be playable."Facebook says 

"We will allow and support the migration, messaging and cross-promotion of players. Starting September 1, 2020, we will display a player-facing notification upon the opening of an affected Flash game that will alert players of the discontinuation of the game on January 1, 2021, and offer a link to explore alternatives. Players can dismiss this message and continue to play their games until December 31 2020.

."For any affected Flash and Native games, as a courtesy to players, we recommend you communicate your game deprecation clearly and inform your players to use all of their in-app purchases before the game deactivation (which for Flash games is January 1, 2021 and for Gameroom July 1, 2021). 

And it's the players being accused of spreading fake news. Utterly shameless.

Oct 27, 2020, 13:5810/27/20
09/22/20
Accept Ally

The previous CM is on record as saying that Facebook players will be able to continue to use Facebook Gamesroom to play Flash based version of Stormfall after 31 Dec 2020. And that is despite in that thread a player (who is currently banned) pointing out that this was contrary to Facebook's own statement.

"this also applies to Web Games on Facebook - any game using Flash after January 1, 2021 will no longer be playable."Facebook says 

"We will allow and support the migration, messaging and cross-promotion of players. Starting September 1, 2020, we will display a player-facing notification upon the opening of an affected Flash game that will alert players of the discontinuation of the game on January 1, 2021, and offer a link to explore alternatives. Players can dismiss this message and continue to play their games until December 31 2020.

."For any affected Flash and Native games, as a courtesy to players, we recommend you communicate your game deprecation clearly and inform your players to use all of their in-app purchases before the game deactivation (which for Flash games is January 1, 2021 and for Gameroom July 1, 2021). 

Oct 28, 2020, 12:5310/28/20
09/22/20

Today we're being served another nail to the coffin that is Flash :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player

What it basically comes down to :

Until somewhere beginning of 2021 this update will remain voluntary , after that it will be distrubuted as part of the mandatory update-package .

FLASH WILL BE REMOVED FROM YOUR SYSTEM !!!

Microsoft-products will be the first to let go of support for FLASH, Chrome and other browsers will continue to support until the moment of their choosing ( Chrome and Firefox have already determined when that will be .

If you choose to cancel said update , be aware if the risks you will be taking .

You have no security-updates for Flash and plenty of vulnerabilities after the update !!

AlinaCommunity Manager
Oct 28, 2020, 16:0510/28/20
Oct 28, 2020, 16:06(edited)
05/21/19
Accept Ally

Hello, my Lord! Could you please share a link to the previous statement? The thing is that we should have never posted anything related to Facebook Gameroom on our forum. Plarium portal and Facebook are two different platforms that's why it's not possible to synchronize your progress. Cheers! 

AlinaCommunity Manager
Oct 28, 2020, 16:0810/28/20
05/21/19
Limad
Alina said:

Alina, in fairness, as customers we are just asking if there is any point to us remaining customers. Not a big ask. And drop the "fake news" line please. No need for that. 

Hello, Limad! I understand that and you've got right to wonder what's going to happen, of course. But I've seen some pretty disturbing comments in this topic that's why I had to include the line. Thanks for your understanding!

AlinaCommunity Manager
Oct 28, 2020, 16:1210/28/20
05/21/19
roadstar Pitbull

Ok, can we approach this from another direction, what are you allowed to say.

Is it  a new development team, or was it existing within Plarium?

What is the time frame involved in development, 2 months,8 months,12 months??

Is it running fully on the test server(dev server), if so how long?

Base coding, webgl, html5?

Estimated announcement date, time frame,,, something....

Hi! You're right, actually, we can! Thanks for your questions!

- If you're talking about the dev team on Throne: Kingdom at War, it's a totally different Plarium dev team at another studio. 

- The time frame is about 3 months and we'll be ready really soon.

- Yes, we're testing on our test servers for a month, I think. 

- Unfortunately, I cannot disclose the base coding yet, I'm sorry. 

- Estimated announcement date is November. There will be more news soon. 

I hope it was useful. Cheers!

Oct 28, 2020, 20:2110/28/20
Oct 28, 2020, 20:22(edited)
09/22/20
Alina

Hello, my Lord! Could you please share a link to the previous statement? The thing is that we should have never posted anything related to Facebook Gameroom on our forum. Plarium portal and Facebook are two different platforms that's why it's not possible to synchronize your progress. Cheers! 

As a reply to Accept Ally , but now to you : 

https://www.facebook.com/fbgaminghome/blog/flash-end-of-life-approaching-options-for-developers

As you can see in the link it was never posted by any CM in here , it is a statement made by Facebook .

Oct 28, 2020, 21:2210/28/20
11/22/13
Alina

- If you're talking about the dev team on Throne: Kingdom at War, it's a totally different Plarium dev team at another studio. 

The first part I was reffering to Age of War update/upgrade team.

Rather hoping for a complete new dev team. Having followed the Sparta saga very closely when the last change was tried. With the time frame mentioned  and limited volume on the test server there is concern on this end. 

But for players sake, I do hope for a better outcome.

AlinaCommunity Manager
Oct 29, 2020, 11:0210/29/20
05/21/19
Dave de Jong

As a reply to Accept Ally , but now to you : 

https://www.facebook.com/fbgaminghome/blog/flash-end-of-life-approaching-options-for-developers

As you can see in the link it was never posted by any CM in here , it is a statement made by Facebook .

Thanks, my Lord! That's what I meant! All Facebook-related news are posted only on Facebook. Plarium.com is a separate platform and it has its own path 😉

AlinaCommunity Manager
Oct 29, 2020, 11:0310/29/20
05/21/19
roadstar Pitbull

The first part I was reffering to Age of War update/upgrade team.

Rather hoping for a complete new dev team. Having followed the Sparta saga very closely when the last change was tried. With the time frame mentioned  and limited volume on the test server there is concern on this end. 

But for players sake, I do hope for a better outcome.

Got it now, thanks! 

Well, I can't disclose all the details, but there is rather a collective work of a few teams... Anyway, I'm pretty sure we'll get a decent result eventually! 😎

Oct 30, 2020, 09:5410/30/20
10/31/14
Alina

At what date and time are we going to get this announcement in November. 

And will all our questions highlighted in this section be answered. 

Oct 31, 2020, 13:2810/31/20
08/10/14
Alina

" panic and fake news"

Adobe has made anouncments, Microsoft has made anouncments, not fake news.

Questions have been asked and not answered...... Causing frustration, Not panic.

Altho, I am not spreading "panic and fake news" I am also not inclined to spend as many hours playing this game, and certainly not inclined to spend cash on this game, UNTIL some answers are given.

AlinaCommunity Manager
Nov 2, 2020, 15:3811/02/20
05/21/19
Oracle

At what date and time are we going to get this announcement in November. 

And will all our questions highlighted in this section be answered. 

Hi! We don't know the date and time yet 😃  As soon as it's ready, we'll post it. 

I guess I've replied to all the questions I can reply to now. If not, let me know what I missed. Thanks!

AlinaCommunity Manager
Nov 2, 2020, 15:4311/02/20
05/21/19
1DRWHO

" panic and fake news"

Adobe has made anouncments, Microsoft has made anouncments, not fake news.

Questions have been asked and not answered...... Causing frustration, Not panic.

Altho, I am not spreading "panic and fake news" I am also not inclined to spend as many hours playing this game, and certainly not inclined to spend cash on this game, UNTIL some answers are given.

I see, thanks, my Lord. However, I wasn't talking about the fact that Flash wouldn't be supported after December 31st, 2020. This is a fact, of course. 

But there have been some really disturbing assumptions in this thread. As I said, it will do no good. 

Regarding the answers, soon you'll get them. Cheers!