All Categories

Arena needs to be changed Now

Arena needs to be changed Now

Search
Comments
Jun 24, 2020, 12:4806/24/20
06/25/19
4 Legos, lvl 60, gear 6 star maxed out, mysteries maxed out, great hall rating 120, total arena rating 155k and im about to drop to silver 2 because i can't beat players with 85k. Arena is joke that needs fixed. Obviously none of great hall points, power rankings or gear mean anything. Been like this for the last 6 months of playing. Been playing for 2 years. Ignorant and pathetic are the 2 words that come to mind when i see arena is the "great update"
Jun 24, 2020, 13:2706/24/20
05/26/20

Yep. It's gotten even worse over the last week. I was holding my own in Bronze 4. I even dipped into Silver 1 a couple of times. Now it's back to refresh after refresh of unwinnable fights.

At what point does Plarium say enough is enough? When Bronze 1 is so full of overpowered teams that a new player can't hope to ever win a single match?

Yeah it needs to be changed. ASAP!

Jun 24, 2020, 16:0206/24/20
Jun 24, 2020, 16:15(edited)
05/05/20

Any suggestions for me to get to Silver? Been grinding on getting these geared properly. Need a few more books to get WM debuff chance at 100%. Can't seem to get my speed high enough to go first against other Nuke teams.

EDIT: I will have enough chickens to rank up another champ to 6* within the next few days. Any suggestions on who that should be? Not really certain which one I want to rank up just yet.

Jun 24, 2020, 16:2806/24/20
12/19/19

Mistake was 60ing both Kael and Athel... redundancy.  Should have been WM instead of Athel probably then Apo.

My guess is Apo SH WM Kael/Athel or HK Apo/SH WM Kael

Now you have gear spread among too many. 

Consolidate your best gear to make Apo faster. Make the best of Kael/Athel situation (its not too bad) Make one farmer (lifesteal) and other pure nuker, ditch the LS for attack/cruel/CR/speed sets and maximize damage. 

If Kael is your CB poisoner, I'd probably make him a "slow" farmer. Build for everything but Arena.  Lifesteal gear with ACC/DEF%/HP%.  Have you done masteries on anyone?

A screenshot of your roster would help.
Jun 24, 2020, 16:5706/24/20
Jun 24, 2020, 17:23(edited)
05/05/20

Trips said:

Mistake was 60ing both Kael and Athel... redundancy.  Should have been WM instead of Athel probably then Apo.

Consolidate your best gear to make Apo faster. Make the best of Kael/Athel situation (its not too bad) Make one farmer (lifesteal) and other pure nuker, ditch the LS for attack/cruel/CR/speed sets and maximize damage. 

If Kael is your CB poisoner, I'd probably make him a "slow" farmer. Build for everything but Arena.  Lifesteal gear with ACC/DEF%/HP%.  Have you done masteries on anyone?

Basically what you see on the left is my roster. The others are all 40s or lower and none are any good (a jizoh and alure are the only other ones that might be useful). Been playing for around 50 days so fairly new, saw your post earlier on maxing two starters... knew you were going to get me on that haha (didn't know it was a bad idea as they are my two highest rated champs based on reviews and ayumi). My sub rolls are really good on all the lifesteal gear on both Kael and Athel, still trying to get some others to get one fully geared as a nuker that's better than currently setup.

What would be an appropriate ACC number for WM? I have some nice accuracy pieces to throw on her, may have to tweak my speed to get the order right if I switch it out though. Would she be the champ you take to 60 based on what you see here? I am up to the green scrolls on the masteries for all the champs shown.

Thanks for the help by the way. I've been grinding about a month on my arena team trying to get to Silver just to get past that mission. As you can tell, my luck from shards has been terrible.

EDIT: Once I figure out the best arena team for me, I can combine my speed gear to one or two champs to get some better sub rolls. Had to get a few common boots with speed primary to get the speed boosters ahead of the other champs.

Jun 24, 2020, 17:4306/24/20
05/26/20

Whodey23 said:

Thanks for the help by the way. I've been grinding about a month on my arena team trying to get to Silver just to get past that mission. As you can tell, my luck from shards has been terrible.

Yeah, about that mission - I finally hit Silver 1. Got knocked right back down again. Had all of the missions between that and 50 Silver medals done almost immediately. Now I'm stuck there, and it's even worse than the reaching Silver 1 mission. 

In the following two days, the matchups have gotten even worse in Bronze. The power inflation has made Arena almost unbearable. So while I have improved my team, the improvement of my opponents has greatly eclipsed the modest upgrades I've been able to make.

I don't care what the Plarium apologists say. The system is broken. If it's simply a matter of power inflation on the player base then they need to change the way that rankings work so players have attainable goals rather than moving goalposts. The idea that an integral part of the daily gameplay should be reserved for whales/elder accounts is ridiculous. If the intent of Arena is to be a mid to late game feature, then remove it from all missions and quests until much later in progression and institute some kind of trade-up system for medals so at least players have some method of upgrading the GH to progress their accounts.
Jun 24, 2020, 18:4106/24/20
05/05/20
Rauthma said:

Whodey23 said:

Yeah, about that mission - I finally hit Silver 1. Got knocked right back down again. Had all of the missions between that and 50 Silver medals done almost immediately. Now I'm stuck there, and it's even worse than the reaching Silver 1 mission. 

In the following two days, the matchups have gotten even worse in Bronze. The power inflation has made Arena almost unbearable. So while I have improved my team, the improvement of my opponents has greatly eclipsed the modest upgrades I've been able to make.

I don't care what the Plarium apologists say. The system is broken. If it's simply a matter of power inflation on the player base then they need to change the way that rankings work so players have attainable goals rather than moving goalposts. The idea that an integral part of the daily gameplay should be reserved for whales/elder accounts is ridiculous. If the intent of Arena is to be a mid to late game feature, then remove it from all missions and quests until much later in progression and institute some kind of trade-up system for medals so at least players have some method of upgrading the GH to progress their accounts.
Yeah, it's very tough for me to get more than one team I can beat on a refresh. Every now and again I'll get lucky and get 2-3. I end up losing the trophies on defense in the meantime. So basically just spinning my wheels in Bronze 4. I'm going to need to get lucky with a good shard pull or have to grind a ton more since I am basically f2p. I've already spent a considerable amount of time getting gear, leveling the chickens, etc.
Jun 24, 2020, 19:4006/24/20
Jun 24, 2020, 19:41(edited)
05/13/19

Your team looks horrible!

It doesn't even look as if your trying to win!

Just look at that Warmaiden!

Now look at my Warmaiden AKA "The HOTNESS"!

Take a look at that ACC 246

She isn't getting resisted at all!
Jun 24, 2020, 20:1606/24/20
12/19/19

Whodey23 said:

Trips said:

Basically what you see on the left is my roster. The others are all 40s or lower and none are any good (a jizoh and alure are the only other ones that might be useful). Been playing for around 50 days so fairly new, saw your post earlier on maxing two starters... knew you were going to get me on that haha (didn't know it was a bad idea as they are my two highest rated champs based on reviews and ayumi). My sub rolls are really good on all the lifesteal gear on both Kael and Athel, still trying to get some others to get one fully geared as a nuker that's better than currently setup.

What would be an appropriate ACC number for WM? I have some nice accuracy pieces to throw on her, may have to tweak my speed to get the order right if I switch it out though. Would she be the champ you take to 60 based on what you see here? I am up to the green scrolls on the masteries for all the champs shown.

EDIT: Once I figure out the best arena team for me, I can combine my speed gear to one or two champs to get some better sub rolls. Had to get a few common boots with speed primary to get the speed boosters ahead of the other champs.

Based on what u have, yes WM to 60. You can use her in dungeons and CB then as well, maybe not for long but getting ACC over 100 or 150 would be good.

And Alure is great. FK20 and Spider20 (with right team) for me.  And no books needed.
Jun 25, 2020, 15:5206/25/20
05/05/20

Player J said:

Definitely much better than mine. You've been playing a year longer than I have, trying to work with what I have... These are the best champs I have to do anything with. The gear I have is decent, no where near as good as what you have on yours. With the speed kind of low, how do you keep her alive before getting nuked?

I'll take the WM up to 60 for now. May wait to see if I get a lucky pull from the Sacreds this weekend first. I'll start on Alure next. Thanks Trips
Jun 25, 2020, 16:2106/25/20
Jun 25, 2020, 16:25(edited)
12/19/19
Whodey23 said:

Player J said:

Definitely much better than mine. You've been playing a year longer than I have, trying to work with what I have... These are the best champs I have to do anything with. The gear I have is decent, no where near as good as what you have on yours. With the speed kind of low, how do you keep her alive before getting nuked?

I'll take the WM up to 60 for now. May wait to see if I get a lucky pull from the Sacreds this weekend first. I'll start on Alure next. Thanks Trips
I think Apo to 60 before Alure, maybe even before WM tbh. Alure is great but needs support to stay alive. Hopefully the sacred shards treat you well, how many do you have? If you haven't ranked up warmaiden I might wait til tomorrow and see who u get.... idk
Jun 25, 2020, 20:0506/25/20
12/19/19
killerclone187 said:

Look at player J set up on warmaden very nice and balanced 
LOL. Player J has "slightly" better gear to work with. OP is applying the correct strategy getting all the offense he can, but lacking in ACC for sure.  
Jun 25, 2020, 20:2706/25/20
05/05/20

killerclone187 said:

Look at player J set up on warmaden very nice and balanced 

I had to have my WM in all speed gear to go ahead of my nuker (which was kael). I switched up the comp a bit to have Athel as the nuker with the slower speed and added some ACC gear on the WM. Now her ACC is at 136, at my position that doesn't get resisted very often. I've been using SH, Apoth, Warmaiden, and Athel. Seems to be a bit more successful, just have to focus on attacking teams without a fast lead. I'm now beating most teams that are 40k+ higher on team power (which are most teams I get paired with in Bronze 4).

With the gear I can currently farm, this is the best I can do right now. I can't get any 6 star gear yet, only have a few pieces of relentless from the tourney. I can fine tune the gear once I get the team comp right, not enough silver to keep pulling it from champ to champ.

I'm new just looking for some advice, I know they aren't perfect. I also have to use these same champs for basically every situation since I haven't gotten any other good ones (minus CB). I have learned a lot about the finer details from reading through this. 

Jun 26, 2020, 14:5006/26/20
09/11/19

a lot already has been said and I haven't read everything, but I agree with a lot that has been said here

What I fear most is that there will be a split between the players who already did the missions and got Arbiter and already have a lot of gold in the Hall and the players who might eventually get there, but might get stuck in the Hall, where we can only 'pay' with silver. So the ones on the top will stay and the rest needs to suffer
Jun 26, 2020, 18:5606/26/20
05/03/20

Taureck said:

a lot already has been said and I haven't read everything, but I agree with a lot that has been said here

What I fear most is that there will be a split between the players who already did the missions and got Arbiter and already have a lot of gold in the Hall and the players who might eventually get there, but might get stuck in the Hall, where we can only 'pay' with silver. So the ones on the top will stay and the rest needs to suffer

One of the biggest and easiest fixes to arena would be to completely remove inactive teams after 30 days and not just derank them. Deranking them only makes them a problem for the lower tiers and the sad part is that all they gotta do is log in 1 day a month and do 1 arena battle it resets the whole 30 day timer.

Plarium is so scared that if a player wants to play the game again and find out that they are not in the same place in arena or close to it, that they won't play anymore.  It's so crazy that they don't care about so many players quitting because they hit a what they deem as a pay wall, when they could make a few easy changes to the game that would remove that precieved paywall and make all the players of the game happy. 

Either remove inactive accounts from arena completely, or change/remove the arena aspect from the missions in the game. 

They need to stop focusing on what the whales deem is okay for the entire player base.  

Jun 26, 2020, 19:0206/26/20
Jun 26, 2020, 19:03(edited)
12/19/19
I think they should set your defense to the lowest ranking member of the team if you are inactive. Sadly, even this won't help much as this is a very small % of the problem. Over 95% of accounts are active.  But a few easy wins would be nice. Plus it would push the inactives to the bottom faster.
Jun 28, 2020, 20:0806/28/20
04/26/19

I play for more that a year and been constantly in gold 3+ for the past 8 months without any problems.

It's obvious they changed something in the Arena because since a month or so i dropped to silver 2-3 and can't seem to get back to gold.

I see 180k power teams in silver which should not be possible considering teams over 150k should be prolly in platinum.

Anyway this game was a mess since day one so not expecting anything to be changed.
Jun 28, 2020, 22:4706/28/20
Jun 28, 2020, 22:48(edited)
05/13/20

You know arena has serious problem when you have LEVEL 60 SIXTY in Bronze with 90,000 Power. In fact I highly doubt those accounts even active.

What kind of matching ranking is that? the arena is broken.
Jun 28, 2020, 23:1506/28/20
05/26/20

Yeah Plarium is missing out on my money. As long as arena remains the mess it is I won't spend any more.

Tick-tock Plarium - my wallet is closed until you make this a priority. 

I suggest everyone else do the same. Best always to make them change. One-thousand $1 purchases is worth more than some spoiled kid's $70. 
Jun 29, 2020, 04:1006/29/20
01/22/20

Rauthma said:

Yeah Plarium is missing out on my money. As long as arena remains the mess it is I won't spend any more.

Tick-tock Plarium - my wallet is closed until you make this a priority. 

I suggest everyone else do the same. Best always to make them change. One-thousand $1 purchases is worth more than some spoiled kid's $70. 

I agree 100%