All Categories

(Patch Notes) (04.07.2019) Update 1.8 Patch Notes

(Patch Notes) (04.07.2019) Update 1.8 Patch Notes

Search
Comments
Jul 4, 2019, 16:0207/04/19
05/15/19
Really nice update. Keep em coming and I’ll keep supporting the game with temporal donations 
Jul 4, 2019, 16:1707/04/19
Jul 4, 2019, 16:20(edited)
03/20/19

saberneo said:

Marius i don t want to complaing or something, but autobattle mode is so USELESS 15 battle is nothing for midgame or lategame, 40 battle is too nothing, when i use my energy is for spend boost xp and i use like 1500 energy, can u tell what i can do with 15 battle if u want to play with 1500/8 187 battle for being worth my boost x2 xp?????? idk, the idea of autobattle is good, capping this is a really bad decisition. ty :)

I am particularly worried they are going to gem this. AKA 40 gems for 40 autobattles or something like that. I hope not 8) As I said there isn't really a reason to limit this, it should only be limited via your energy honestly. It's new so we'll see where they take it though! 

Regardless to the dumb posts here just wanted to say thanks to the devs and I hope the performance bug gets resolved soon. 

Edit: Looks like it might of been, looking at the patch now.
Jul 4, 2019, 16:1907/04/19
05/27/19
I’m not going to argue with you on how you treat your champions, but I’ll on how you treat your players. The change to pain keeper is one sided by you without any consideration on the impact on the players. Rare time are easy to get? Really? 15 of them went on PK. 15!!!. And if you think that come easy then you Disrespect us, the players. 
Jul 4, 2019, 16:2507/04/19
03/24/19

This update is complete garbage (well, almost).   And the responses from players are overwhelmingly negative.

I cannot believe the Community Managers and Developers continue to treat paying customers this way.

- People upset about how long this update took

- People are upset that they were told "soon" for months

- People are upset they invested time and money into something that you nerfed/changed and made nearly useless for them

- People are upset that the much anticipated "Multi-battle" feature is garbage

- People are upset that after all this time and waiting, this is the best you were able to deliver

People are very upset, feel they are being cheated, are absolutely NOT happy with this game you're developing and you treat them like this?  What horrible people are you?

Jul 4, 2019, 16:3007/04/19
05/26/19

Not great news in regards to nerfs.

Just used my tomes on Pain Keeper!!

We should get a tomes refund when this occurs!?

Jul 4, 2019, 16:3607/04/19
Jul 4, 2019, 18:50(edited)
05/16/19

Marius said:

celejmich said:

Oh she was not supposed to be a dedicated healer? That makes me feel so much better after investing tons of non-renewable skill books, gear and time.

So what exactly is she supposed to be? Cooldown reducer? Because the only 2 mechanics about PK are healing and cooldown reducing. And both were nerfed, along A1 just for good measure I guess.

No debuffs, no stuns, no buffs for team, no shields, no burst. What is PK supposed to be now?

Marius, please enlighten us: what is PK supposed to be?

Sarcasm is not going to help you get anywhere, I am afraid. But Pain Keeper is quite tanky, heals allies, and reduces their Cooldowns. She was healing better than actual dedicated healers - which is not really a good thing.

In better news for you, the description is incorrect in the game, mine was fine by the looks of it. Per Game Designer answers, heals everyone based on her MAX HP still. So I am bringing the description back and it'll get fixed in the game too.

Should also point out she is a Rare Champion. Rare Skill Tomes are much easier to come by now as well.

1)  How is she "tanky" without provoke???  What good is a tank left standing if the rest of her allies are dead?

2)  Her heals have decreased substantially due to the nerf.  Even if it is still healing based on her max HP, with the multiple nerfs, it is at least a 60% reduction in her healing ability overall.

3)  Why nerf her FOUR different ways at once?  Why such an extreme, unless the company's intention is to force players to have to replace her?  If the issue was just her healing, then why destroy her ability to reduce her own cooldowns?

4)  Do you seriously think it is worth her taking up a slot on our team just to reduce the other champion's cooldowns???  And there isn't even a guarantee she will reduce the cooldowns you need at any given time for every single champion, so that is a situational skill that at times, can prove to be relatively worthless.

4)  Gorgorab not only heals for 25% like she used to, but he also resurrects with the same skill!  In addition, he has TWO other skills that are VERY useful, including an increase attack and enemy buff removal.  I have ALWAYS seen Gorgorab as a FAR greater threat in arena than Pain Keeper, and see him FAR more often than her, yet he goes unscathed and she gets nerfed to the trash can?  And there are plenty others (Zelotah, etc.). 

5)  Do you guys just want to make sure that NO void champions are viable?  Are there even any left now that ARE viable?  I am asking seriously here, as every single one I have ever received other than Pain Keeper was trash.  Now, she is too, so what is left?

The fact of the matter is that the ONLY thing she has left is a cooldown reduction and a SLIGHT healing ability.  Even for a rare, she is relatively worthless now.  As I already stated, you watch how all players with her stop using her now.  This nerf isn't going to reduce the amount of people using her.  It is going to eliminate them entirely.  You watch and see.  She is just a waste of space now.

Jul 4, 2019, 16:4307/04/19
05/24/19

This is well said and I wouldn't mind seeing a reply from Marius. Not demanding one, just asking for one. Tomes are a bit harder to come by in this game and when people invest time and tomes into a character, it stings a bit when the character serves a lesser role based on champion re-works.

Remember, games "of this sort" rely on the player base to remain enthusiastic about the game and when the enthusiasm wears, so does your player base. I don't think it is too much to ask for a partial refund (half maybe?) of the tomes is not a bad thing. There are so many champions in this game, it allows those affected to reinvest in another champion without being put off about the re balancing.

Just a thought. Thanks again for keeping us all in the loop.

bkzland said:

Marius said:

As it always is with Champion balance, there will be no compensation. Numerous Champions have been tweaked and updated, whether it is buffed, nerfed, changed in some way. Many more will be subject to that in the future - that is how things are in any game of this sort. 

You're not wrong, this is how things are handled in these games.

People are not saying that rebalances shouldn't happen, but look at other games like Hearthstone for example, were changes to cards mean that people can at least dust the cards for their initial investment.

I understand your position about this, but I seriously ask you to reconsider and to discuss with the developers, if this really is a stance you want to take permanently. Being at risk of all your champs being changed at a whim without compensation is a massive loss of trust, especially in this case since with a rare champion that many have acquired and that has been recommened a lot this will affect a lot of players.

IMHO after nerfing a champ, resetting their skills to zero and returning the skill books used is a natural compensation that doesn't cost the company anything and would ease tensions for players greatly.

Jul 4, 2019, 16:5107/04/19
03/22/15

Please give us all the stuff we put into pain keeper back...  (skill books, ascension, etc)  The champion is now completely useless.

And you didnt even mention the nerf to her A3, and how it no longer effects her, which further nerfs her A2 heal...   

Ive never seen such a hardcore nerf to a champion before.. in any game.     Completely Gutted.

Jul 4, 2019, 16:5307/04/19
05/12/19
You really should compensate people who bought skill tomes for real money just to improve her based on the old stats. Or remove the nerf. It would be the right thing to do.
Jul 4, 2019, 17:0707/04/19
05/11/19
There's no sign of chickens anywhere? So on a lighter note... where are the chickens?! 🐓🐔🐣
Jul 4, 2019, 17:2507/04/19
06/10/19

bkzland said:

Marius said:

As it always is with Champion balance, there will be no compensation. Numerous Champions have been tweaked and updated, whether it is buffed, nerfed, changed in some way. Many more will be subject to that in the future - that is how things are in any game of this sort. 

You're not wrong, this is how things are handled in these games.

People are not saying that rebalances shouldn't happen, but look at other games like Hearthstone for example, were changes to cards mean that people can at least dust the cards for their initial investment.

I understand your position about this, but I seriously ask you to reconsider and to discuss with the developers, if this really is a stance you want to take permanently. Being at risk of all your champs being changed at a whim without compensation is a massive loss of trust, especially in this case since with a rare champion that many have acquired and that has been recommened a lot this will affect a lot of players.

IMHO after nerfing a champ, resetting their skills to zero and returning the skill books used is a natural compensation that doesn't cost the company anything and would ease tensions for players greatly.

💯perfectly said sir

Jul 4, 2019, 17:3207/04/19
Jul 4, 2019, 18:54(edited)
06/22/19

There has been an update fix now 1.8.1 

Makes game run sweet again. 

Jul 4, 2019, 17:4207/04/19
04/13/19
Nerfing Painkeeper's heal and removing her ability to reduce her own CD is excessive. Makes her pretty much useless now on any CB roster, which was her only real strength. If you're going to make a champion this useless, why not just remove it completely and compensate the players that invested hours upon hours of time and resources into this now obsolete champ. Happy with some of the other updates, but this makes me not want to play the game anymore. Why invest time when any of your champ can just be made useless overnight.
Jul 4, 2019, 17:5007/04/19
06/22/19

I would like to say thank you for fixing lag issues so quickly. It seems mostly people have been complaining and whining since update came out. I did comment on this thread about lag issues but it has been resolved quickly and game works again smoothly. Thank you. Much appreciated. 

As regards other issues and mostly with the Painkeeper Nerf (I don't have that champion so I can't say how much it's affected their overall impact) but from reading through this thread a few times now(for info on lag issues) and from what I am seeing in game chat. 

People who have invested in her are very hurt and dissapointed! It's is a big investment to fully max a hero with skill tomes and some invest financially as well. It also makes me even more wary of wasting skill tomes now and I do love playing this game. I think this kind of nerfing is going to put a lot of people off this game and I wouldn't be surprised if you get a loss of players due to this. 

The one suggestion that I see that makes a lot of sense is to give players the ability to get the skill tomes back either in full or partially so they can reinvest them elsewhere. It has been suggested that this is an option for any later champions who are nerfed too. It has also been suggested that it is time limited after a Nerf and only available for champions that have been nerfed. I think the ability to take skills tomes back and reinvest elsewhere will go a long way to mitigating your players being hurt and pissed off when a champion gets nerfed. 

It makes a lot of sense would go a long way to build trust again. My trust has taken some hit seeing the potential for a champion I have invested being done in by a Nerf. 

Lastly for all those people who have been hurt by this Nerf. I completely understand your anger and frustration but maybe rather than just abusing and posting angry comments and posting nothing constructive. Take a breath and help the developers help us all. Let's all push for the devs to make an option to take back skill tomes off champions that get nerfed. Let's flood their suggestions page. We can do it nicely and I think it will be received a lot better than just coming in here and getting angry and doing nothing else than venting your anger!. 

Anyway there's my piece said. 

Peace out

Jul 4, 2019, 18:0907/04/19
05/02/19
When you alter a characters skills, whether it is a buff or nerf, you should be putting what their old skills were in the text for tracking purposes. That being said, did you really need to nerf Pain Keeper? She wasn't op.
Jul 4, 2019, 18:4707/04/19
04/18/19

Marius said:

Tired of manually tapping the Replay button every time your Champions clear a Campaign Stage when you are farming? Then this feature is for you. With Multi-Battle, you can run up to 15 Campaign Battles (40 for players with a Raid Pass) on Auto and not bother with handling rewards and replays.

You can change the following options before Multi-Battle begins:

Whether or not the Battles should continue when all Champions hit Max Level (this is perfect for leveling “food”)

• Whether or not the Battles should continue if your Champions lose and fail to complete the Stage (in order to prevent energy and Multi-Battle attempts being wasted)
  • Whether or not Energy should be restored automatically if it runs out (automatically buys an Energy Refill with Gems - take note)
  • The Ranks of Artifacts and Accessories that are to be automatically sold at the end of the Battle
  • Champion Queue - this allows the game to automatically replace a Champion that hits Max Level with another Champion from the Queue
  • Number of Battles - how many Battles should be run

Again a polite request to alter the patch notes to state the multi-battle is 15/40 per DAY, at the moment it can be interpreted as do up to 15/40 before having to restart and do another 15/40, that's how I and others have read it, nowhere does it state that it is DAILY allowance.

Thanks
Jul 4, 2019, 18:5307/04/19
04/12/19
IvyLee said:

There's no sign of chickens anywhere? So on a lighter note... where are the chickens?! 🐓🐔🐣
The hound ate them all.   As far as I understand, they will be rewards from events and chest (and most likely also available for purchase, though this is my what I assume, not something I read or been told) 
Jul 5, 2019, 08:4207/05/19
06/11/19
After the update when I go into the market it acts like ( even though I dont) push the refresh button like once every 2 seconds. It ran through over 300 red gems before I was able to stop it
MariusAdmin
Jul 5, 2019, 08:5207/05/19
09/04/17
tacoga092764 said:

After the update when I go into the market it acts like ( even though I dont) push the refresh button like once every 2 seconds. It ran through over 300 red gems before I was able to stop it
Hey there. Please check this thread. The bug does not work quite like that, and right now the Gems should be returned after you restart the game. In case of any further issues, please contact Support via the game, Technical Support Forum, or the appropriate channel of the official Discord Server.
Jul 5, 2019, 09:1707/05/19
06/27/19

I’m new to this awesome game and this update made it even better, I really am a fan of the Multi-Battle system, and the fact that you can automatically sell artefacts of certain star rating, although I would personally think it would make sense to also be able to auto-sell artefacts of certain rarities as well. For me stars are the secondary factor I look for, I usually sell any common artefacts I get, no matter the stars, and relatively often also uncommon artefacts.

As a side note, it would be awesome if you also implemented the Multi-Battle system in dungeons.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.