Все Категории

Weapon Rebalance - Why are players the ones paying for it?

Поиск
29 фев. 2024, 20:5029.02.24

Arc Torrent and Disc Launchers degraded.  Re-balancing is not free.  Plarium charged based on performance. 
Now, after significantly scaling back that performance, Plarium has provided no compensation.  Why is Plarium expecting their customers to shoulder that cost?  After spending significant amounts of a-coins, credits, pilot marks and implant parts to upgrade these weapons, Plarium has decided to renege on the promised performance of these weapons.  Affected players should have been compensated the instant the weapons were downgraded.

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
29 фев. 2024, 22:5229.02.24

I hope they realise like em nerf it shows that nobody should invest in anything as they will eventually get nerfed. 

They want to make the new things more powerful , laziest way to do it is nerf everything else rather than innovate. 

I actually think discs were too powerful but taking 2 years to nerf them shows it was a cash grab for pod gun replacement and nothing more. 

1 март 2024, 00:1101.03.24

I agree Lark.  Now the cycle has started all over again with new weapons.  The message Plarium is sending loud and clear by not compensating players is, don't waste your time and currency upgrading because it will be a complete waste since you won't be compensated on the downgrade!  Shameful!  Selling something as advertised only to change the rules without compensation is fraud!    

1 март 2024, 05:4401.03.24
1 март 2024, 05:55(отредактировано)

Unfortunately, "spenders gonna spend". Plarium knows they've tapped into enough high dollar spenders with low self esteem and addictive personalities, that it really doesn't matter what they do now. These changes only effect endgame meta spenders by making the game easier for them, because this isn't really a game after all; it's a virtual ego stroke. Plarium NEEDS for the p4w crowds to think the money they spent is worth every dollar in-game, and when they lose to players that are better than them with basic free gear, the p4w players cry about quitting the game (loss of paying customer), demands a refund (loss of earned income), and bad mouths the game on YouTube (bad press). They don't want this, so expect a lot more company based cheating and tilting the game for spender advantage!

It's never been easier to see how spending in this type of game setup is nothing more than getting a financial handicap. Now, if we could only get them to stop spending for a broken game that is basically just giving them wins with poorly matched opponents and AI paywall, well, we would see some change. Plarium knows though, talk is cheap and complaining is even cheaper, their next meta will be expensive and they'll make money off it still. Haha.

1 март 2024, 21:4001.03.24

After all the money,a coins,credits and implants for pilots you go and downgrade the arc torrents,it is unfair for Plarium to do this.I finally recieved the 2nd arc 12 and this happens.    The same with the disk launchers,I was about to get a 2nd Disk 12 but I am not gonna bother now,anybody with the same problem as me should get refunded the money  we spent on this game.I will probably stop playing this game and definitely not sink any more money into it.  Plarium ripped me off.

2 март 2024, 03:2902.03.24

So Plarium, are you going to make this right?

2 март 2024, 05:0402.03.24
Stanley

So Plarium, are you going to make this right?

most plausible answer:: No

3 март 2024, 12:4303.03.24

Well Plarium?  Are you just going to ignore your players?

i

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
4 март 2024, 14:4904.03.24

The goal of the rebalance is to align Weapons with their intended Grades and Classes, as some currently fall outside these boundaries, impacting the overall game balance. However, the adjustments are not drastic. We suggest giving them a shot and experimenting with different strategies and tactics. This Update is developed to maintain Content efficiency and relevance while encouraging an unconventional approach in its use.

6 март 2024, 09:4206.03.24

BS - disc launcher are legendary weapons. how do they compare to other legendary weapons like minigun, now?

6 март 2024, 13:3206.03.24
CrystalDrew

The goal of the rebalance is to align Weapons with their intended Grades and Classes, as some currently fall outside these boundaries, impacting the overall game balance. However, the adjustments are not drastic. We suggest giving them a shot and experimenting with different strategies and tactics. This Update is developed to maintain Content efficiency and relevance while encouraging an unconventional approach in its use.

CrystalDrew, do you actually know the adjustments that were made, as in, the hard numbers, or do you just repeat the rhetoric being passed down to you?  Do you personally play with disc launchers or arc torrents? '...the adjustments are not drastic.' 

Here are the facts.  My arc torrent range has been decreased from 63m to just 44m.  A reduction of almost 45%. To go along with that, damage falloff beyond 30m.  This results in a reduction of over 50% in weapon effectiveness as well as taking increased Mech damage at closer ranges.  This is a game changer for players whom have invested significantly in these weapons.  We all know replacing weapons on a Mech means replacing the pilot, which also means replacing the implants.  This all comes at a massive cost, which is exactly how Plarium wants it.

So, CrystalDrew when can affected players expect compensation for the weapon effectiveness that was promised, priced accordingly, paid for, and now reneged on?

6 март 2024, 16:4706.03.24

here's what I say... no one will encourage me to spend, today out of 15 games 12 lost, impossible weapons, created to help new players, shoot and hit, it doesn't matter if you aim... shoot, the bullet will kill anyway . It's become a rough game.,. not of skill or technique... meanwhile, it is always the veteran players who pay the price. and tomorrow, they will be the new ones of today...

7 март 2024, 14:1307.03.24
Stanley

CrystalDrew, do you actually know the adjustments that were made, as in, the hard numbers, or do you just repeat the rhetoric being passed down to you?  Do you personally play with disc launchers or arc torrents? '...the adjustments are not drastic.' 

Here are the facts.  My arc torrent range has been decreased from 63m to just 44m.  A reduction of almost 45%. To go along with that, damage falloff beyond 30m.  This results in a reduction of over 50% in weapon effectiveness as well as taking increased Mech damage at closer ranges.  This is a game changer for players whom have invested significantly in these weapons.  We all know replacing weapons on a Mech means replacing the pilot, which also means replacing the implants.  This all comes at a massive cost, which is exactly how Plarium wants it.

So, CrystalDrew when can affected players expect compensation for the weapon effectiveness that was promised, priced accordingly, paid for, and now reneged on?

i

Here is my win rate. I'm playing ONLY with DLs and ATs. From my perspective, the rebalance is minor, and it didn't change the effectiveness of these Weapons much. Definitely not 50%. But once again, it's my opinion and my skills, I believe that players may have issues and recommend changing the strategy and tactics

7 март 2024, 17:3507.03.24

the fact is that those who spend are not necessarily the strongest or most intelligent, very often I kill levels in the top500 ranking. then you go and see their hangar in game and they talk about 2k power. spendthrifts don't necessarily win, but the safe system is low hangar, and for that there's no need to spend, so whoever plays low hangar wins tournaments, coins and articles. By spending nothing, Plarium relies on new players, not so much veterans. new players don't know how it works, you who are a veteran do, and you know that spending on new weapons and new mechs is crazy money, and will soon be nerfed, like everything else... the new player gets excited, is pushed by the system , programmed to make you feel strong, entice you to spend, the AI, the bots are programmed for that. make a weak person feel invincible and they will spend.....if someone new doesn't win they will abandon the game. and this is not feasible. so he will play in a world programmed to push him forward, but when he realizes how things have become more difficult. You must have spent crazy amounts of money by now.

7 март 2024, 23:5607.03.24
CrystalDrew

i

Here is my win rate. I'm playing ONLY with DLs and ATs. From my perspective, the rebalance is minor, and it didn't change the effectiveness of these Weapons much. Definitely not 50%. But once again, it's my opinion and my skills, I believe that players may have issues and recommend changing the strategy and tactics

Not to be rude, but this doesn't show us much being mostly ONE map. This could be a map you're good on, or one that is just better setup for the weapons you're using. Thanks for trying, though.

8 март 2024, 13:1408.03.24

CrystalDrew

Clearly, you have missed the point here.  As I stated, this is about weapon effectiveness that was promised, priced accordingly, paid for, and now reneged on.  Plarium is no longer delivering what was paid for.  Compensation is owed.  When can players expect it? 

8 март 2024, 15:5108.03.24
Free Player

Not to be rude, but this doesn't show us much being mostly ONE map. This could be a map you're good on, or one that is just better setup for the weapons you're using. Thanks for trying, though.

I have such a statistic on any Map and any Mode. I'm not boasting, of course not, but IMO it's a actual proof that the Weapons remain efficient if a player use them in a proper way

8 март 2024, 15:5308.03.24
Stanley

CrystalDrew

Clearly, you have missed the point here.  As I stated, this is about weapon effectiveness that was promised, priced accordingly, paid for, and now reneged on.  Plarium is no longer delivering what was paid for.  Compensation is owed.  When can players expect it? 

Hello! I understand this point, but we don't consider any compensation right now as the Weapons weren't rebalanced in the way that they became unplayable or useless. They meet their Classes and Grades. They are still effective (look at my screen above). 

9 март 2024, 12:5809.03.24

Thank you for confirming that Plarium is no longer delivering what was promised.  Your hair splitting of the degredation in performance is embarrassing.  It is equivalent to "it's not that bad".  Any other company, not delivering on its promsies, would be going out of its way to make this right.  Instead, Plarium would rather deny, deflect and discredit.  Plarium should be proud to step up and offer compensation.

11 март 2024, 14:1111.03.24
Stanley

Thank you for confirming that Plarium is no longer delivering what was promised.  Your hair splitting of the degredation in performance is embarrassing.  It is equivalent to "it's not that bad".  Any other company, not delivering on its promsies, would be going out of its way to make this right.  Instead, Plarium would rather deny, deflect and discredit.  Plarium should be proud to step up and offer compensation.

Hello! We don't rebalance the Content often as it's always developed considering the balance of the game. If any changes are coming, we inform the community in advance and make them in a way to make the rebalanced Content remain relevant and effective. Nonetheless, it's a common practice in developing online games. 

11 март 2024, 22:0211.03.24

Cut and Paste.  How about some new rhetoric at least, instead of even more deny, deflect and discredit.

Once again, the title was.... 

'Why are players the ones paying for it?'

This is about C-O-M-P-E-N-S-A-T-I-O-N.