All Categories

Genbo the Dishonored Promo Code Problems Megathread

Genbo the Dishonored Promo Code Problems Megathread

Search
Comments
Feb 2, 2023, 20:3502/02/23
02/09/21
harleQuinn

I wouldn't have bet MY life on this, but perhaps I don't understand the intricacies of internet hyperbole.

Although, good news, or bad news, depending on how you look at your own bet. The issue is being resolved right now, and folks should be able to start redeeming their codes.

They will fix it because promo codes are money makers. Otherwise..meh 

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 2, 2023, 20:3702/02/23
02/24/19
Vashtah Nerada

They will fix it because promo codes are money makers. Otherwise..meh 

They either won't fix it cause of "reasons" or they will fix it cause of "reasons". Can't have it both ways.

Feb 2, 2023, 20:3802/02/23
01/24/20

Working on it=we're not really doing anything but we'll say we are to shut people up.

Feb 2, 2023, 20:3802/02/23
06/20/19
mypontiac

If you really think they care, I have some beach front property in Arizona to sell you.  

They couldn't care less if they had o. Wait and see

I'd also venture a guess and say they're reading comments and laughing their asses off at people who think they're going to fix this.

No one said they care about you!  They didn't  spend $1000s on this promo for you! They aren't going to fix it for you!

This will cost them revenue.  Something they do care about.

Feb 2, 2023, 20:3902/02/23
02/11/21
mypontiac

Translation: this drop will most likely never work.

It being basically free, they won't lift a finger to fix this.

I'd bet my life on it.  

I'll go in on that....but bet real money. Not that your life isn't worth it, it's just no use to me. How much are we betting?

Feb 2, 2023, 20:3902/02/23
11/19/22

Genbo the Disappeared. :D

Not sure why people are ranting about this - plainly there's a technical issue with the promo code not being activated. That's obvious by the promo box not going on 24 hour countdown before it can be used again. It will get sorted out soon enough. Then people can start ranting about something else! :D

Feb 2, 2023, 20:4302/02/23
06/20/19
harleQuinn

Considering it is the very late at night there and they came back into work, and I'm chatting with them right now, I feel pretty good about the way you have it figured.

And btw, I also figure I'll just sit back and enjoy this thread until they do straighten it out before I claim my 4th Genbo.  We have what, a few weeks at least?  Thanks to all the play testers that jumped the minut it was available!

01/24/20

Because ultimately, until it is fixed, it's just talk.

And why wouldn't this be tested BEFORE the drop became available? They have no intention on giving you anything.

Yeah simply testing a drop before it becomes available is a great way to ensure it works.  Whereas not testing ensures players get nothing.  

So you're incompetent or lying.  

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 2, 2023, 20:46(edited)
02/24/19
Fathertron

Genbo the Disappeared. :D

Not sure why people are ranting about this - plainly there's a technical issue with the promo code not being activated. That's obvious by the promo box not going on 24 hour countdown before it can be used again. It will get sorted out soon enough. Then people can start ranting about something else! :D

Every time you jump in and be reasonable I have to remind myself how new you are to the Raid community. People will spend hours, days, being hyperbolic and cursing about even 5 minutes. A single missed energy refill after years of playing. Much less not having Genbo for 2 hours or so.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 2, 2023, 20:4502/02/23
02/24/19
mypontiac

Because ultimately, until it is fixed, it's just talk.

And why wouldn't this be tested BEFORE the drop became available? They have no intention on giving you anything.

Yeah simply testing a drop before it becomes available is a great way to ensure it works.  Whereas not testing ensures players get nothing.  

So you're incompetent or lying.  

Okay. That's enough.

Thank you for your future patience, and lack of insults, as the codes get fixed.

Feb 2, 2023, 20:5502/02/23
01/24/20

As the code gets ignored...lol

You get awfully upset when your mistakes and screw ups are pointed out.

Again, if testing was done BEFORE the drop, this wouldn't be an issue.

Get mad at yourself for your company's screw up, or are you also into chasing players away because it's so much easier than recognizing something should have been done before dropping it.  

Everyone is aware that MOST of time, coding is tested so as to avoid the biggest and most obvious mistakes, right?  

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 2, 2023, 21:0202/02/23
12/30/20
mypontiac

As the code gets ignored...lol

You get awfully upset when your mistakes and screw ups are pointed out.

Again, if testing was done BEFORE the drop, this wouldn't be an issue.

Get mad at yourself for your company's screw up, or are you also into chasing players away because it's so much easier than recognizing something should have been done before dropping it.  

Everyone is aware that MOST of time, coding is tested so as to avoid the biggest and most obvious mistakes, right?  

My fellow moderator asked you to move along after giving you honest answers and showing you far more patience than you've shown anyone else in the thread. 

Yet you persist in being a jerk. What does this gain you? Do you believe it will get you or anyone else Genbo faster? Do you think treating other people like garbage will motivate them to help you?

I will reiterate what Quinn said: jog on, fella. 

Feb 2, 2023, 21:1002/02/23
02/11/21
dthorne04

My fellow moderator asked you to move along after giving you honest answers and showing you far more patience than you've shown anyone else in the thread. 

Yet you persist in being a jerk. What does this gain you? Do you believe it will get you or anyone else Genbo faster? Do you think treating other people like garbage will motivate them to help you?

Don't argue with Karens, DT...it's no use. They live for the drama. Just turn them off until everybody gets their Genbo. 

Feb 2, 2023, 21:1402/02/23
01/24/20
dthorne04

Yeah but getting mad at me doesn't undo your screw up and I'm not being a jerk, I'm being polite and pointing out some very obvious things could have prevented this.  Instead of taking that constructive criticism to heart, you both have decided to come at me like a couple of thugs. 

If you can't accept screw ups are made by your company, seek employeement elsewhere, honestly.  Part of being an adult means: understanding why players are upset, recognizing the problem, apologize for it (you work for them and represent said company) and fix the problem and come up with protocols or policies to prevent this again.  And you don't take a players comment personally, like you both have done.

What you don't do is get angry, call me a jerk and then pull "move along citizen" like a rogue cop.

Feb 2, 2023, 21:2202/02/23
02/11/22

So there's a minor issue on first day of the promo... BIG EFFING DEAL. Just go walk your dog for a few hours and come back and the damn thing will work.

So much cynicism here. I mean come on people. Come back tomorrow and re-read yourselves when the promo works all fine. You'll see how irrational some of your comments were.

Feb 2, 2023, 21:2402/02/23
07/28/21

I have the same issue for this month and last month also. never got any help.

Feb 2, 2023, 21:2402/02/23
02/11/21
Swiftblade

So there's a minor issue on first day of the promo... BIG EFFING DEAL. Just go walk your dog for a few hours and come back and the damn thing will work.

So much cynicism here. I mean come on people. Come back tomorrow and re-read yourselves when the promo works all fine. You'll see how irrational some of your comments were.

They're trying to push into Silver before Arena resets 😂

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 2, 2023, 21:2702/02/23
12/30/20
mypontiac

Yeah but getting mad at me doesn't undo your screw up and I'm not being a jerk, I'm being polite and pointing out some very obvious things could have prevented this.  Instead of taking that constructive criticism to heart, you both have decided to come at me like a couple of thugs. 

If you can't accept screw ups are made by your company, seek employeement elsewhere, honestly.  Part of being an adult means: understanding why players are upset, recognizing the problem, apologize for it (you work for them and represent said company) and fix the problem and come up with protocols or policies to prevent this again.  And you don't take a players comment personally, like you both have done.

What you don't do is get angry, call me a jerk and then pull "move along citizen" like a rogue cop.

Well, you are incapable of following simple instruction - but definitely capable of gaslighting - so I will help you with the jogging on. 

Perhaps I am a bit old fashioned but I would consider it jerk behavior to: mock, deride, meet honest answers with rude sarcasm and call my fellow moderator incompetent and/or a liar. We are people as well, not here for you to take your rage out on just because we have a Moderator tag. 

Thank you for your expert wisdom as well as the kind PM you just sent me. 

Feb 2, 2023, 21:3802/02/23
04/17/20

I need to put some speed boots on my Genbo :)

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.