Все Категории

Ultimate Deathknight bores everyone to death

Ultimate Deathknight bores everyone to death

Поиск
Комментарии
18 март 2023, 06:4918.03.23
Skadi

I don't se UDK in 9 of 10 arena matches in Gold. What arena tier are you in? The fact that he is not used in Gold very often despite the fact everybody has him indicates that he isn't a top tier arena champ. Which champs do you use as arena team? I guess 90% of the UDK teams you see are easy prey for you - once you start to build a proper team.

Complaining about UDK doesn't help you, Plarium will neither change this champ nor the arena mechanic.  Build a team that can beat him and start farming medals. All the UDK + 3 random champs in lower arena tiers are great for you as attacker.

Where you dont see ? I see many teams with UDK over 400k power in gold.

19 март 2023, 04:0419.03.23

He is great in 3v pvp just not in clasic pvp but he needs full stone skin gear and yes im there in gold 2 3vpvp so dont say he is not in gold just not gold reg pvp

21 март 2023, 15:4521.03.23

Early game players: We're having problems dealing with UDK defences that have flooded the arena. We're really frustrated!

Late game players: We're not having a problem so you shouldn't be. All you need to do is select a team from your box of legndary champions which includes one with heal block and another with defence down and both with at least 300 accuracy, and don't include any healers or anyone in lifesteal gear. Now stop whining you crybaby!

21 март 2023, 16:3321.03.23
Fathertron

Btw, folks might find this interesting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RaidShadowLegends/comments/11xh9ii/champions_used_in_the_top_20_this_plat_reset/

According to that post, only 20 champions were used in Platinum at the end of the week, and UDK was the second joint most commonly used, along with Taras. 

Maybe all those people who can't make it into Platinum just need a Ronda? ;D

Exactly 3 of these teams - among the 4 lowest ranks - used UDK without Marishka. UDK has a strong synergy with that champ. Normally you would try to kill Marishka first, but that is not possible, as UDK prevents single target attacks on her. All teams using UDK, but no Marishka, combined him with Duchess.

Crybabies can't beat a single UDK, look into plat, see strong teams making use of his damage redirecting passive and conclude UDK is unbeatable. 

21 март 2023, 16:3521.03.23

"Early game players: We're having problems dealing with UDK defences that have flooded the arena. We're really frustrated!" 

Plarium: Here is a free Legendary Champion named Ronda. Her kit negates every single ability that a UDK
possesses. Her A1 hits 3 times (4 if the target is below 50%). UDK can only block the first hit on one of his team mates. Her A2 completely shuts down UDK's Active & Passive skills for 2 turns on a 3 turn cooldown, ignores his shield, & 30% of his Defense. Her A3 hits 2 times. Again, UDK can only block the first hit on a team mate. As a bonus we're throwing in a full set of Savage Gear. It will ignore an additional 25% defense.

Late Game Players / Forum Moderators: Here is a comprehensive guide on building an Arena team using a new account, built around a starter champion, using the free log-in gear. Here are screenshots of this Arena team defeating every single UDK team encountered from Bronze 1 through Gold. (PRIOR TO RONDA'S RELEASE). Here is a list of things that will assist you in defeating a UDK including, but not limited to, NOT using healing gear or champions who use healing abilities.. this includes the LIFESTEAL SET, killing the UDK first, using the (best early to mid game) free Dec. Defense Champion available from stage 9 of the Campaign, using Destroy Gear (destroys enemy MAX HP by 40% of damage delt) available from the same stage (yep... you can farm Destroy gear AT THE SAME TIME you're farming Warmaiden), using champions with heal reduction skills, using turn meter control champions, etc....

Actual response from Early Game Players: That is too much work!!!  I just want to que up against the lvl 80 Account with a single lvl 60 UDK and auto attack with my mismatched, un-ascended,  0 masteries, lvl 50 team in 4* gear. I have 4 champions and he only has 1. 4 is MORE so I SHOULD WIN!!! I was winning every one of my arena matches until I met that horrible monster UDK!!! I've been playing 3 whole months!!! I should be able to faceroll my way to Plat Arena. This game is rigged, it's PTW, UDK needs to be NERFED!!!!

So you know what... yep... stop whining crybaby.

harleQuinnModerator
21 март 2023, 17:0821.03.23
21 март 2023, 17:29(отредактировано)
Fathertron

Early game players: We're having problems dealing with UDK defences that have flooded the arena. We're really frustrated!

Late game players: We're not having a problem so you shouldn't be. All you need to do is select a team from your box of legndary champions which includes one with heal block and another with defence down and both with at least 300 accuracy, and don't include any healers or anyone in lifesteal gear. Now stop whining you crybaby!

Building for the kind of stats you need to beat UDK, Duchess, Siphi or any decent arena team is part of the learning curve and team building requirements to progress in Raid. 

Advice about not bringing in Lifesteal, champs with tons of self healing, and bringing in the proper debuffs to compete in Arena is sound advice, no matter the mocking you are doing here.

Additionally, Ronda's debuffs are irresistable. Meaning you don't need accuracy for them. Just a quick FYI.

harleQuinnModerator
21 март 2023, 17:1321.03.23
Fathertron

Btw, folks might find this interesting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RaidShadowLegends/comments/11xh9ii/champions_used_in_the_top_20_this_plat_reset/

According to that post, only 20 champions were used in Platinum at the end of the week, and UDK was the second joint most commonly used, along with Taras. 

Maybe all those people who can't make it into Platinum just need a Ronda? ;D

UDK is a good Arena champ, yes.  So you will see him the leaderboards at times. But he's no Taras or Marichka, who are actually the reasons you see UDK right now as much as you do in Plat at reset.

You see, Taras is such a good DPS he can kill any team, while basically ignoring attack based nukers. He penalizes them in fact, And Marichka just revives her whole team when she's killed. So the only way to get through that pair is to single target kill Marichka first, so that when you kill the rest of the team they stay down and don't kill you dead. People WERE using Turvold, Georgid and Shamael to do this, but the meta has grown to include UDK to counter these single target nukers.

So UDK right now is being used to protect Marichka so you can't AoE the enemy team as she revives them when she dies, and you can't single target kill her until you get through UDK, which gives Taras time to wipe your team.

This is all in a counterplay to people counterplaying a counterplay.

Out of the top 30 plat finishers the last 2 weeks, only about 15% have not had Taras and/or Marichka, and 50% have had both.

Now there's some champs that are meta defining. They are ACTUALLY profoundly impactful on the true competitive side of the game.  

As far as getting a Ronda to counter that team? That is EXACTLY what people are doing on Offense actually, bringing in Ronda and another single target nuke (like Georgi, Turvold or Mortu) to beat those teams. So your snarkiness is correct, Ronda is an answer being used by some of the top folks.

harleQuinnModerator
21 март 2023, 17:1721.03.23

@Fathertron If you personally are having issues with UDK, my best advice would be to post your roster in your own thread here, or in the discord you are in with Thorne and I, and get building and team composition help from folks who can actually help you. Cause the snide suggestions that Ronda wouldn't help you are telling, tbh.

I'll start collecting more of these for you folks as I push this random account back up to G1 now. The problem I am having now is I've only seen 1 UDK team so far.

i

dthorne04Moderator
21 март 2023, 18:0821.03.23
Fathertron

Though this has been covered a bit, I'd like to reply to this in combination with your post after:

Late game players have a much better concept of how to beat UDK, and deal with the kinds of problems he can pose in late game arena where the teams you'll face require specific champs/teams/gearing/choices we make in fights. I don't think I recall seeing advice like the mockery you're throwing out, especially as it pertains to absurd stat thresholds. 

The reason early game players get frustrated is they lack the knowledge on how to deal with a champion that does require a bit of thought. That said, in no way does UDK pose the same issues, or really have anything that resembles the strength of builds he can have in real Gold 5/Plat and higher level Tag. 

The big problem we run into here is those same players frequently brush off the advice given by experienced players, swear up and down that we're wrong, get angry and well, make excuses. They get hostile, push back and become entrenched in their provably wrong stance.

There is an entire thread of this that has been going on for 4+ months now, in which @harleQuinn demonstrates how to tackle the UDK problem, and that's before Ronda came out. 

I am always understanding of players who don't want to do something in the game, don't want to do the work, want to come back to content, whatever it may be. What I - and the later game players you're mocking - can't stand is when it gets conflated with something else other than them not wanting to do the work necessary to beat the champion(s) or content. 

21 март 2023, 19:0121.03.23

The thing the irritates me the most is that here, unlike Reddit or other Forum sites, I've never seen a single "You can't beat UDK... lol you scrub" or "UDK is a breeze... you should Learn to Play" comment in response to a request for help. 

I don't think I've even seen people giving "flex advise"... telling new players how easy UDK is and how they one shot every UDK they come across who's not wearing Stone Skin. Or how they just use this Meta Champ or that Meta Champ to dust roll every UDK they see (and trust me, the people offering advise here have ZERO issue killing a UDK.)

These people trying to help new players don't OWE you anything. They do it because they WANT TO HELP. When new players come her asking for help... then get mad and argue because the advice they got wasn't what they want to hear... or they come here DEMANDING that UDK be nerfed... complaining that the game is unfair and that somehow we don't know what it's like (even though most of us ground our way through the Arena Tiers, full of UDKs, before there was even a such thing as Ronda) then those people tend to get a little pissy. 

When people like harlQuin & dthorne04 offer you their knowledge and experience... just to have you lash out at them... and post useless stats that you Googled because you think showing that the Champion YOU can't defeat is being used in high level arena somehow proves a point... I can promise you, there are a dozen people who frequent these forums who are going to go out of their way to embarrass you.   

21 март 2023, 19:3521.03.23

I see UDK occasionally but its generally on the lower end of G5 on relatively weak accounts. Rarely seeing borderline G5/Platnum accounts with Ultimate Death Knight. 

As its been said many times Rhonda and Hoskar both shut UDK down except in the bronze and silver arenas where we appear to have the worst of the smurfing.

22 март 2023, 08:1822.03.23

It's okay folks, I'm not complainging about UDK. :) I was just pointing out that I don't think some late gamers appreciate how much new players can struggle to deal with UDK, when he is everywhere in arena. 

Having Ronda isn't enough - new game players need to learn to develop an entire team around defeating UDK, and that can take a while. However, that's just the first of a series bottlenecks new players will face in their progression, so IMO it's just a case of having to accept it as such and move on where they can.

And like I've said elsewhere, after a while UDK isn't a problem - personally I can't wait to pull him and add him to my own teams. :)

harleQuinnModerator
22 март 2023, 12:0022.03.23
Fathertron

It's okay folks, I'm not complainging about UDK. :) I was just pointing out that I don't think some late gamers appreciate how much new players can struggle to deal with UDK, when he is everywhere in arena. 

Having Ronda isn't enough - new game players need to learn to develop an entire team around defeating UDK, and that can take a while. However, that's just the first of a series bottlenecks new players will face in their progression, so IMO it's just a case of having to accept it as such and move on where they can.

And like I've said elsewhere, after a while UDK isn't a problem - personally I can't wait to pull him and add him to my own teams. :)

I disagree. This comment from you looks like complaining to me, or at least being unncessarily snide to the people who try to help others on here: 

Additionally, many of the folks here like Kankle started about when you did. I wouldn't consider anything he is saying to new users as "late game advice." It is just advice from a felllow early game player.

I also disagree entirely that I don't know how people struggle. I manage a couple starter clans, work with players on it every single day across three social media sites, and created my own starter account and used the darn STARTER LIFESTEAL gear to grind all the way through to Gold arena just to test out UDK and see what people were dealing with. To see how bad UDK was on a brand new account. To see if UDK was any different than the problems with Tormin, with Siphi, with Rotos, with Jinglehunter and Reinbeast when they all came out. Tormin and Rotos were both fusions and they were EVERYWHERE when they were released, and honestly were much more difficult to deal with back when they came out. He is not as bad as Tormin and Rotos were in their day, in my opinion.

I also disgree that he is everywhere, as I push back up AGAIN in Arena on a starter account, not using UDK just to test it. I am in Silver 2 right now on that account, and have faced UDK a grand total of 5 times so far. I have faced more Ninjas and Rondas by far. Perhaps I shall see more of him in Gold, I won't know until I get there.

Let me give you a dose of cold water here. With the recent changes to Arbiter missions, the addition of arena loss limits, with login champs, with the promo champs like Ronda, Arena has literally never been easier. Before this, to even touch Gold area, you would need a 300 speed High Khatun to lead your team. You would need a full team of 4 60s that included a 100% AoE Dec Def and at least one very well built nuker. That was a brutal, brutal dungeon grind to get such speeds, champs and builds. It was months before many people even made it into Silver. The advice people used to get was grind Brutal 12-3 to make several 60s, then go Dragon 20 for a minimum of 3 months, and then come back and they could maybe build a team. You can now make silver with 40s and 50s.

This for example is one of the very BEST built teams I could find in Silver 1 yesterday as I went 60-0.

i

Historically a team like this would be perma stuck in Bronze 1-2 last year and the previous year. And it was one of the best teams I fought over 60 fights yesterday.

harleQuinnModerator
22 март 2023, 12:0622.03.23
Kankle69

The thing the irritates me the most is that here, unlike Reddit or other Forum sites, I've never seen a single "You can't beat UDK... lol you scrub" or "UDK is a breeze... you should Learn to Play" comment in response to a request for help. 

I don't think I've even seen people giving "flex advise"... telling new players how easy UDK is and how they one shot every UDK they come across who's not wearing Stone Skin. Or how they just use this Meta Champ or that Meta Champ to dust roll every UDK they see (and trust me, the people offering advise here have ZERO issue killing a UDK.)

These people trying to help new players don't OWE you anything. They do it because they WANT TO HELP. When new players come her asking for help... then get mad and argue because the advice they got wasn't what they want to hear... or they come here DEMANDING that UDK be nerfed... complaining that the game is unfair and that somehow we don't know what it's like (even though most of us ground our way through the Arena Tiers, full of UDKs, before there was even a such thing as Ronda) then those people tend to get a little pissy. 

When people like harlQuin & dthorne04 offer you their knowledge and experience... just to have you lash out at them... and post useless stats that you Googled because you think showing that the Champion YOU can't defeat is being used in high level arena somehow proves a point... I can promise you, there are a dozen people who frequent these forums who are going to go out of their way to embarrass you.   

Thanks. We're trying out here.

People sure love to move the goalposts though. I'll never understand why, if someone shares a team and builds that you can do, why not try it out instead of constantly trying to argue a new and different point? Do people's ego/pride not allow them to admit that they still have things to learn?

Learning the game is a part of the game! It's okay to be a beginner and lose to some champ until someone explains how to beat them. Any long term player has been there themselves when they were new. Or even today. Heck, I may be pretty okay, but when one of the top 30 arena players gives me advice, I for sure listen and try to use it.

22 март 2023, 13:5522.03.23
22 март 2023, 14:52(отредактировано)

@harleQuinn Absolutely nothing aimed at you - you are the most helpful person I know anywhere for anything to do with Raid. :)

22 март 2023, 14:2722.03.23
Skadi

Exactly 3 of these teams - among the 4 lowest ranks - used UDK without Marishka. UDK has a strong synergy with that champ. Normally you would try to kill Marishka first, but that is not possible, as UDK prevents single target attacks on her. All teams using UDK, but no Marishka, combined him with Duchess.

Crybabies can't beat a single UDK, look into plat, see strong teams making use of his damage redirecting passive and conclude UDK is unbeatable. 

No matter. No one went to single UDK to top20. They are fighting in fully team and UDK important for their team setup.

Noone listen to me, when i wrote UDK in low lvl leagues just 1 thing, but the trend at starting the top leagues same. Always came to answer the damage controls.

22 март 2023, 14:3722.03.23
Fathertron

I agree, its good point, when some peoples just see the problems from one side with tons of experience. UDK was problems before experiences and before Ronda release for starters and new players, no matter how try some peoples try to tell their own truth.

The UDK trend went up to higher leagues too.  But every who tell something from UDK, its sure cry or complaining. :DDDD

harleQuinnModerator
22 март 2023, 14:4022.03.23
Deleted

No matter. No one went to single UDK to top20. They are fighting in fully team and UDK important for their team setup.

Noone listen to me, when i wrote UDK in low lvl leagues just 1 thing, but the trend at starting the top leagues same. Always came to answer the damage controls.

If by Damage Control you mean "share strategies to beat UDK in both endgame and early game accounts" then yes. Happy to try and help folks have an easier time winning in arena, against UDK, against Siphi, against Taras/Marichka.

Unfortunately Taras/Marichka are so good I have a hard time helping folks beat them, since they're nigh unbeatable when built well. But I'll keep trying to figure out ways to make it easier for myself and others. I need to figure it out, frankly, cause they aren't going anywhere and they are the most difficult champs for me to deal with in the entire Arena, ever, since I started.

The reason you don't hear endgame players complaining about beating UDK in Plat Arena is that he actually ISNT important to the team. Instead, he protects Marichka, the champ that actually IS important, slowing down fights during plat reset. At reset your defense is unlikely to win, cause the offensive teams are crazy. Instead, the goal is for your team to look like it will take longer to fight than other teams. But in spite of that plat reset trick, beating UDK is never an issue at the extreme competitive ends of the game.

If you meant something else by Damage Control, then no, we're not doing that. :)

harleQuinnModerator
22 март 2023, 14:5922.03.23
Fathertron

@harleQuinn Absolutely nothing aimed at you - you are the most helpful person I know anywhere for anything to do with Raid. :)

i

If we can just get a few people feeling better about their chances in arena, then we've done well. Hard to cut through the noise to share strats sometimes unfortunately.

Arena has always been tough, always had huge sticking points. I'm sympathetic to folks having trouble. Such is why I try and show what works for me.