Все Категории

Answers to the FAQs about the New Progress System

Answers to the FAQs about the New Progress System

❓🤔 The highly-anticipated New Progress System is fast approaching, and we are set to keep informing you about the upcoming feature. Having received a variety of questions from the community, we've compiled a list of answers to the most frequently asked ones. 

Learn more about the New Progress System in the Q&A, and let us know if you still have any questions left in the comments below ⬇️

1. How does the new progress system work?

This new system will take over from the Progress Path as the way in which you can get all Mechs and Weapons in the game.

The new system is split into 8 Tiers which must be unlocked sequentially. Each Tier contains a variety of Mechs and Weapons which you can acquire using Credits, A-Coins, and in-app purchases. 

This is how progression through the new system works:

• To unlock a Tier, you must collect a certain number of Tier Stars from the previous Tier. For example, to unlock Tier III, you will need Tier II Stars
  • You earn Tier Stars either by acquiring Mechs and Weapons, or by ranking them up.

Continuing with the example above, to unlock Tier III you need to get Mechs and Weapons from Tier II or rank up Mechs and Weapons you acquired from Tier II that are already in your Inventory.  
  • When you rank up a Mech or Weapon you receive one Tier Star. Acquiring a Mech or Weapon will earn you the number of Tier Stars equivalent to that Mech or Weapon’s Rank at the moment you acquire it.

For example, acquiring a Rank 4 Zephyr from Tier V will earn you 4 Tier V Stars. Increasing the Zephyr’s Rank to 5 will earn you 1 Tier V Star.

Note that you will not receive a Tier Star if you max out a Mech’s stats so that its Rank Stars turn purple.

The further you progress through the Tiers, the more Tier Stars you will need to unlock each one. Keep in mind that only Tier Stars collected in the Tier immediately before the one you want to unlock will count towards it.

For example, once you unlock Tier III, Tier II Stars will not help you progress towards unlocking Tier IV — only Tier III Stars can do that.

Before you have unlocked a Tier you can still get Mechs and Weapons from it by purchasing them through Shop Offers or winning them as Rewards from Events. Just remember the Tier itself will remain locked, even if you have obtained some content from it. So, you’ll be able to use the particular Mech or Weapon you got, but the rest of the content in the Tier will be inaccessible. 

2. Does the new system have a name yet?

The New Progress System is called the Market, and can be accessed via the “Gear Hub'' button from your Hangar. When you enter the Gear Hub you’ll see tabs for the Market as well as for your Inventory. When you head to the Market tab, you’ll find all the Tiers as well as the Mechs and Weapons each one contains.  

3. When should we expect the release of the New Progress System?

As we mentioned in the Mech & Weapon Grade Update Q&A, the new system will be added to the game several months after the Grade Update.

We’ll first test it out in stages before releasing it to the entire player base.

4. How will my current in-game progress be transferred to the new system?

The Mechs and Weapons you have already acquired will remain in your Inventory and you can continue to use them. Which Tiers will be unlocked for you in the new system will depend on which Mechs and Weapons you have, their Rank, and in which Tier they are placed.

Keep in mind the following points: 

• All your Mechs and Weapons will be placed in a Tier. You can continue to use them, but the Tiers higher than the one you’re in will remain locked until you unlock them by earning the required number of Tier Stars. 
  • Any Mechs and Weapons you do not currently have will be available through the new system. You can obtain them when you unlock the relevant Tier.

5. What is the purpose of the shift from the Progress Path to the new system?

The main reason for the change is so that all players can get access to every Mech and Weapon in the game.

Simply extending the Progress Path and adding new content to it would not have been satisfactory, as the concept of the Path implies that the further along it you move, the more powerful will be the Mechs and Weapons you receive. 

But when we release new content into the game, we are often aiming to introduce greater variety into the gameplay, not necessarily more power.

As an alternative, we could have added new content at various points throughout the Progress Path and not just at the end of it. But this approach would have required us to rework the Progress Path with every release of a new Mech or Weapon, which is highly impractical.

So, we decided to create a new system which provides gradual access to all the Mechs and Weapons in the game.

We hope it provides a coherent, intuitive progression through Mech Arena, particularly with regard to Weapon Categories and Types, and highlights the variety of options you have within each Tier to advance more clearly. 

6. So, the New Progress System will provide access to EVERY Mech and Weapon in the game?

Upon release, every Mech and Weapon in the game will be available through the new system apart from the Cryo Javelin 6, which you can get when you refer 3 friends to the game and have them all reach Division 1. The Cryo Javelin 6 will still appear in a Tier in the Market, and will earn you Tier Stars when you acquire it or increase its Rank.

All other Mechs and Weapons in the Market can be obtained by spending Credits and A-Coins, or in some cases with in-app purchases.

7. Will the New Progress System contain Pilots and Implants?

No. The new system is only for Mechs and Weapons. 

You'll be able to acquire Pilots and Implants in all the usual ways you already know such as through Rewards in the Event Crate Rush, Arena Playoff, and Derby Events. You can also get Pilots by spending Credits and A-Coins. Implants, meanwhile, will still be obtainable with Credits or A-Coins in the Shop, and in Implant Crates. 

8. Now that Panther and Killshot have become Epic Mechs, how hard will it be to acquire them through the new system?

Under the New Progress System, Killshot and Panther will be placed in Tiers that correspond to their Rarity and Power. Since they are among the top 40% most powerful Mechs in the game, they will be allocated to Tiers accordingly.

9. What's going to happen to the Progress Path?

As we mentioned in our recent video on YouTube, all Mechs and Weapons will be transferred from the Progress Path to the new system. You'll still be able to obtain Resources, Crates, and Boosters from the Progress Path, although we are still figuring out how to fill in all the "gaps" left in the Path by the Mechs and Weapons that have moved to the new system.

10. How will the New Progress System affect Blueprint drops?

Under the new system, Crates will provide Blueprints for Mechs and Weapons in Tiers that you have unlocked. They will also drop Blueprints for any other Mechs and Weapons you have in your Inventory, regardless of how you acquired them (such as via the Progress Path, as a Reward from an Event, or through a Shop Offer). 

11. As more Content is added to the game, will it increase the number of Stars required to unlock Tiers?

For now, we do not envision the number of Tier Stars required to unlock Tiers increasing, even if more Mechs and Weapons are added to them. We see the addition of new content to the Tiers as an opportunity to add variety to the game, not a way to make it more difficult or time-consuming to make progress.

i

Просмотры
Комментарии
7 апр. 2023, 13:0707.04.23
CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
11 апр. 2023, 10:5211.04.23
ahilesbs95

dear developers
you had a collaboration with Neymar Jr and would really like a new regime
"football robots" Can we see this in the future?

Hi! That's a nice idea, thank you! We have already received some sport-themed suggestions about the future modes for the game, so we will share your football robots idea with our developers!

11 апр. 2023, 10:5411.04.23
emadutypro18000

Plarium, look, this is an advice. If you are going to make this thing, please, make it so IT CAN ACTUALLY HELP. Most of the comunity are worried, including me, about how is this going to work. Its VERY hard, to get enough A-Coins and C-coins to level up all of our Mech, it really takes a while, and this thing at first sight its promesing making level up Mech and actually getting them, harder. Just everything backwards at what you "are trying to make". The only way, I see this new "Market" working in game, its increasing the amount of A-Coins and C-Coins you could get. For people like me, its not going to be fair if we first need to level up, and get Mech and Weapons that we are not going to use at all, its just a waste of time and effort. And its not a joke what im about to say, but people maybe will drop your game (incluiding me) if you keep with this idea, and MAKE IT IN THE WRONG WAY. 

Hi! Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We will consider it. Hope the Update won't disappoint you when it's released!

11 апр. 2023, 10:5811.04.23
joshgomez1970

Ok I honestly think you guys are purposely missing the point for the old players that went thru all the glitching, hacking, and over priced items it's ridiculous to do this and not fix the match making how is it that you can fix a progress bar but not have people play each other on the same level for example if I have six star hangers with six star hangers NOT 3 star hangers with MAXED OUT BOTS AND PLAYERS that not only 1 camp 2 Cheat with them pulling on your toggle or drop the connection purposely, that's what you guys should fix you would have more people playing then bots and thank you for removing the cost of replacing implants that just didn't make any sense why do I have to pay for upgrades and have to pay to replace those items and that takes me into now this with the teir thing if I have my weapons at a six star please DO NOT downgrade them if I spend $1000 ever 2 to 3 weeks to make hanger bearly keep up with all the maxed out bots and bs op players that hack then kindly return all our money back it makes not sense to have us go thru all that just for you to say so ur six star weapons is only temporary i would have just not paid for anything in that case.

Hi! Thank you for your feedback. We are working on Matchmaking and balance of the game. Hope soon you will get more joy from the game!

11 апр. 2023, 11:0211.04.23
fatulla1983

Why are you angry?? I think it's ok... as I understand it, they want to close the path for players who fight with one mech against low-powered players.. I think that this way it will not mean how many robots you take into battle. ..stars will help you find opponents for your level...I am tired to fight against the player who kills all teams with one robot... 

Yeah, it seems like eventually, players will have more balanced Hangars that will help them be matched with opponents with similar Hangars as well. It's not exactly the purpose of the Update, but such outcomes seem to be natural I guess 

11 апр. 2023, 11:4111.04.23
Magost

I don't like this modifications, the game doesn't need this, i know this beacuse i'm a player that play the game when it was launch (yes, the mobile version), this is not going to be a positive thing for the future, because this things are just anoying, just add fun things not this, like new  fun modes, pets or some thing that do expresions when you do actions(like a drone that do emotes when you kill an enemy), this is easy to do, i know this because i'm a game dev. the game is becoming boring!!

Hello! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the game! A lot of new fun content is on the way, we have really huge plans for the future! Talking about this update, it must alleviate the process of adding new stuff to the game, make it more well-ordered and comprehensive as it will be more hard for players to skip a Tier and miss the opportunity to try some Mechs and Weapons

11 апр. 2023, 11:4511.04.23
PloX

So if I understand this Tiers thing correctly..... You'll be forced to upgrade weapons/ mechs to gain extra stars, although you'll never use them to get to next tier. So all the resources you saved up for special mechs and weapons will be for nothing since you'll be forced to use your Acoins for upgrades to proceed to next tier. This looks more like just another money grabbing scheme as if the exorbitantly overpriced in game offers isn't enough? Greedy much Plarium? 

According to the information from this video, upgrading one or several Mechs/Weapons within a Tier will be enough to move to the next Tier

11 апр. 2023, 13:2111.04.23
Kingiton

If you're going to do this please tell me that you are going to lower the price of A Coins required to upgrade your mech, or increase the amount rewarded for completing task?

I get that what your aiming for is to be more "inclusive" or "accessible", but that is not what this update is bringing to the table in my opinion. Without correcting the current A coin situation. It sort of just screams "now you HAVE to grind or pay us money to progress". Which is what a lot of us did already, but we were at least able to get what we wanted when we wanted it (if it was available) and that was fine. 

If a new player were to join now I can't see this being great for retention. They have to grind HARD or pay money to get a particular Mech that they want. oppose to the previous system where they can play for fun (yah know because the game itself is actually fun (work with that) ) and hope they have enough resources when it's available, or pull out their wallet because they want it that bad . This was kind of an appealing aspect of the game which incentivized spending money while it was available because you already put in the time investment.   

edit

Re-read and noticed this part, don't know how I missed that the first 2 times 😌:

"Before you have unlocked a Tier you can still get Mechs and Weapons from
            it by purchasing them through Shop Offers or winning them as Rewards
           from Events. Just remember the Tier itself will remain locked, even if
           you have obtained some content from it. So, you’ll be able to use the
           particular Mech or Weapon you got, but the rest of the content in the
           Tier will be inaccessible."  

We can still get our mechs when we want them. Nice. Now I'm just more concerned about matchmaking. However, I don't really see the appeal of climbing tiers anymore. I'm Assuming it's a free-to-play "option" to eventually get what you want. So, If you grind to unlock a weapon or mech in a tier is it then free? Do the tiers effect matchmaking? 

end edit: 

The full unlock with the progression system is not necessarily a bad thing (It's pretty typical). Just if prices stay as they are it's not doing anything for the game except pissing some people off and making you guys dependent on whales with deep pockets. I see casual players falling off like flies because they will have no reason to return because they are not willing to do what it takes to climb because there is a big ole app store out there with other games. Also, there is the rest of the video game world too.  

Everyone can have access to all the mechs and weapons in due time. That's great... now it's like other games. However, everyone who is already playing. We are aware of what we're losing, and it sounds like we are losing it so you can TRY to make more money. Seems like a bit of a shot in the foot considering that people play this game because it is fun and we have just accepted the fact that we will have to spend money from time to time, but at least that was our choice. 

You have other more effective less risky options to make more money (in my opinion)... it's funny this is your approach, that says a lot.   

If there is more to the new update than what is stated above please let it be known. Right now it doesn't sound too good when I contemplate on how this could play out. Especially when I consider the fact that resources went into making this happen. There are so many opportunities for more bang for your buck on the floor that those resources could have been allocated to (in my opinion). 

If making it more competitive was the main goal here. I get the concept... get more people playing, then you can justify investing more to serve a bigger audience. But YO! You have some major things that need to be touched up or implicated and I think the current community would appreciate it if you started at the top of the list of things that are important to make it a better GAME.   

Thank you for Developing Mech Arena and moving away from Facebook groups and giving the community a forum to voice our opinions.      

I do not believe this is a "BAD IDEA" It might just need more time in the oven and the execution has to be just right (risky). Also, there are SO MANY OTHER THINGS that need attention (in my opinion).

It feels like a smack in the face to the current community and I wanted to verbalize why, the best way I could for those who feel this way but can't quite put it into words. Instead of just complaining or attempting to tell you how to do your job.  

This is all my opinion from my perspective. Hopefully, this helps, and if not now before it is too late. 

I would LOVE to elaborate more but this is already pretty long, and honestly, nobody knows if you even care.

But you can find me in the discord with the same name if you would like to hear more. The first one is free, but the really valuable info that you want is in tiers 4, 5, and 8 XD   

If you made it this far, Thank You

Hello! Thanks a lot for such extensive and comprehensive feedback! We are glad to receive such constructive messages. Our team is trying hard to cover all the feedback across the community, so be sure that we do see and consider your thoughts even when we don't answer them directly, as sometimes it's impossible due to the enormous amount of messages overall.

You said "I do not believe this is a "BAD IDEA" It might just need more time in the oven and the execution has to be just right (risky)" and you were perfectly correct. Perhaps the improvements won't be noticeable immediately, but overall the New Progress System will show its advantages and impact on the other mechanics in the game. For now, it allows our developers to seamlessly add new content and our players to receive any Weapon/Mech they want. Besides, many abandoned stuff which was ignored due to the loopholes of skipping certain stages of the game may become relevant and popular among the players.

Talking about current issues of the game, we are constantly working on them and collecting the feedback/suggestions of the community. The improvements and novelties are coming and we do hope the game will be even more fun to play 🙂 

11 апр. 2023, 13:2811.04.23
0SmarterGaming

This update is a bad idea for what Plarium fraudulently advertises as a free to play game. It is only going to benefit players who are willing to spend literally hundreds of dollars to win/play the game. 

The idea that bottom tier players can go to the "shop" and purchase top tier mechs and weapons is the definition of pay to play/win. 

This will make match making worse and completely unfair if a tier 10 (botton tier) player can buy tier 1 (top tier) mechs/weapons/pilots and use them in tier 10 against tier 10 players. Making the game completely pay to play/win because the person who is willing to spend the most money to buy weapons/mechs/pilots will have a ridiculous advantage over everyone else!

The game is already heavily pay to play/win with double pay walls on free to play content - i.e. grinding XP to "unlock" a weapon or mech, only to find that it really isn't "unlocked" since you can't use it. But, you find you just "unlocked the privilege" to use 8275 A-coins to buy it... and that is over $50 worth of A-coins???  The definition of pay to play/win... 

Not to mention all the events that require you to have a pilot, mech or weapon that are only available if you purchase it with real world money off the "shop/store". These are the events where you can "win" or "earn" 50 to 300 A-coins when you play... but, you can't play unless you buy the required item to be able to participate in the event? Again, the definition of pay to play/win.    

Sounds like the pay to play/win aspect of the game is about to get much worse and much more expensive!  

Hi! Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts! It's up to a player whether they want to donate to the game or play for free, as it was all the previous time. Talking about the possibility to buy any Mech from the scratch, using the new Matchmaking system, it picks opponents according to their Hangars. In this way, a player who has bought a Tier 10 Mech at the beginning is likely to meet other players with approximately the same Hangars making their fight fair. For now, the Matchmaking system is still under development and by playing more you help it calibrate better

11 апр. 2023, 13:2911.04.23
Gaidal

I had no problem with a couple of slight tweeks to mechs hp amount. But, what's the point when the weapons have been nerfed so bad my maxed Jaugernaut is constantly one-shotted, even with shield on? Progress path change fine. New mechs along path and bumping up tiers of some existing mechs fine. Making the game stupid with insane hit power is not fine. Been here since Beta, seen a lot change. Up until now I thought it was all workable even if I wasn't really happy about it. InBut the ridiculous damage is just unacceptable. Haven't played more than four days out of the last 14. I like to think I'm tenacious and can free to play with most coiners, but at this point it's just ridiculous. As an aside, is there any point to a " report cheater" button? HTF can I tell anymore? Anyone with a single em16 one-shots me now, lotsa of fun....drop the stupid nerf of weapons, and the mechs if necessary, or the majority of your long time fsn base will just move on. Just my opinion, but I think it's a common one now. 

Hello! Thanks for sharing your opinion, we will take it into account!

11 апр. 2023, 16:5411.04.23

WILL EM RIFLE 16 WILL CAME BACK TO AWARD PLAYOFF EVENT 

12 апр. 2023, 08:5112.04.23

i try start game i cant .i reload all time i dont understand 🤔😭😔

12 апр. 2023, 08:5212.04.23

i need help plz 

12 апр. 2023, 13:1012.04.23

Today event to hard for normal player

12 апр. 2023, 23:5712.04.23

This method is going to force EVERYONE to PAY TO PLAY.  Currently to get a star on a mech  you have to use Acoins the premium in game currency. This means your stuck in Tier 1 until you decide to pay to get out of it 

13 апр. 2023, 13:5613.04.23

after the update my game will not load? any help would be great!!

13 апр. 2023, 17:5113.04.23

Will we be able to upgrade Mechs that we have already unlocked even if they are in a higher teir?

That is to say, if I have mostly uncommon mechs, but I have a single epic mech, panther, will I still be able to upgrade him even if I am in a lower teir?

13 апр. 2023, 18:5313.04.23
Miantsamitia Marino

Hello, I can not connect my fb account on pc. I have it on Mobile however I can not put it on pc. Thanks, I can't also put it on "register with ID Plarium"

YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD PLARIUM PLAY to be able to play on pc. also sign in on your mobile first to fb

14 апр. 2023, 08:4914.04.23

Hello mech arena you should add a feature that in progress path it should never end and you should put all premium mechs and weapon in acoins so we can buy without real money and XP path should not end never and another feature is we can convert credits in acoins so mech arena will popular so 

14 апр. 2023, 12:0414.04.23

I don't like the fact that I will have to upgrade items that I do not care about.

14 апр. 2023, 14:3214.04.23

Don't pls the normal system is great I would just say to add all mechs and weapons!!