Все Категории

Answers to the FAQs about the New Progress System

Answers to the FAQs about the New Progress System

❓🤔 The highly-anticipated New Progress System is fast approaching, and we are set to keep informing you about the upcoming feature. Having received a variety of questions from the community, we've compiled a list of answers to the most frequently asked ones. 

Learn more about the New Progress System in the Q&A, and let us know if you still have any questions left in the comments below ⬇️

1. How does the new progress system work?

This new system will take over from the Progress Path as the way in which you can get all Mechs and Weapons in the game.

The new system is split into 8 Tiers which must be unlocked sequentially. Each Tier contains a variety of Mechs and Weapons which you can acquire using Credits, A-Coins, and in-app purchases. 

This is how progression through the new system works:

• To unlock a Tier, you must collect a certain number of Tier Stars from the previous Tier. For example, to unlock Tier III, you will need Tier II Stars
  • You earn Tier Stars either by acquiring Mechs and Weapons, or by ranking them up.

Continuing with the example above, to unlock Tier III you need to get Mechs and Weapons from Tier II or rank up Mechs and Weapons you acquired from Tier II that are already in your Inventory.  
  • When you rank up a Mech or Weapon you receive one Tier Star. Acquiring a Mech or Weapon will earn you the number of Tier Stars equivalent to that Mech or Weapon’s Rank at the moment you acquire it.

For example, acquiring a Rank 4 Zephyr from Tier V will earn you 4 Tier V Stars. Increasing the Zephyr’s Rank to 5 will earn you 1 Tier V Star.

Note that you will not receive a Tier Star if you max out a Mech’s stats so that its Rank Stars turn purple.

The further you progress through the Tiers, the more Tier Stars you will need to unlock each one. Keep in mind that only Tier Stars collected in the Tier immediately before the one you want to unlock will count towards it.

For example, once you unlock Tier III, Tier II Stars will not help you progress towards unlocking Tier IV — only Tier III Stars can do that.

Before you have unlocked a Tier you can still get Mechs and Weapons from it by purchasing them through Shop Offers or winning them as Rewards from Events. Just remember the Tier itself will remain locked, even if you have obtained some content from it. So, you’ll be able to use the particular Mech or Weapon you got, but the rest of the content in the Tier will be inaccessible. 

2. Does the new system have a name yet?

The New Progress System is called the Market, and can be accessed via the “Gear Hub'' button from your Hangar. When you enter the Gear Hub you’ll see tabs for the Market as well as for your Inventory. When you head to the Market tab, you’ll find all the Tiers as well as the Mechs and Weapons each one contains.  

3. When should we expect the release of the New Progress System?

As we mentioned in the Mech & Weapon Grade Update Q&A, the new system will be added to the game several months after the Grade Update.

We’ll first test it out in stages before releasing it to the entire player base.

4. How will my current in-game progress be transferred to the new system?

The Mechs and Weapons you have already acquired will remain in your Inventory and you can continue to use them. Which Tiers will be unlocked for you in the new system will depend on which Mechs and Weapons you have, their Rank, and in which Tier they are placed.

Keep in mind the following points: 

• All your Mechs and Weapons will be placed in a Tier. You can continue to use them, but the Tiers higher than the one you’re in will remain locked until you unlock them by earning the required number of Tier Stars. 
  • Any Mechs and Weapons you do not currently have will be available through the new system. You can obtain them when you unlock the relevant Tier.

5. What is the purpose of the shift from the Progress Path to the new system?

The main reason for the change is so that all players can get access to every Mech and Weapon in the game.

Simply extending the Progress Path and adding new content to it would not have been satisfactory, as the concept of the Path implies that the further along it you move, the more powerful will be the Mechs and Weapons you receive. 

But when we release new content into the game, we are often aiming to introduce greater variety into the gameplay, not necessarily more power.

As an alternative, we could have added new content at various points throughout the Progress Path and not just at the end of it. But this approach would have required us to rework the Progress Path with every release of a new Mech or Weapon, which is highly impractical.

So, we decided to create a new system which provides gradual access to all the Mechs and Weapons in the game.

We hope it provides a coherent, intuitive progression through Mech Arena, particularly with regard to Weapon Categories and Types, and highlights the variety of options you have within each Tier to advance more clearly. 

6. So, the New Progress System will provide access to EVERY Mech and Weapon in the game?

Upon release, every Mech and Weapon in the game will be available through the new system apart from the Cryo Javelin 6, which you can get when you refer 3 friends to the game and have them all reach Division 1. The Cryo Javelin 6 will still appear in a Tier in the Market, and will earn you Tier Stars when you acquire it or increase its Rank.

All other Mechs and Weapons in the Market can be obtained by spending Credits and A-Coins, or in some cases with in-app purchases.

7. Will the New Progress System contain Pilots and Implants?

No. The new system is only for Mechs and Weapons. 

You'll be able to acquire Pilots and Implants in all the usual ways you already know such as through Rewards in the Event Crate Rush, Arena Playoff, and Derby Events. You can also get Pilots by spending Credits and A-Coins. Implants, meanwhile, will still be obtainable with Credits or A-Coins in the Shop, and in Implant Crates. 

8. Now that Panther and Killshot have become Epic Mechs, how hard will it be to acquire them through the new system?

Under the New Progress System, Killshot and Panther will be placed in Tiers that correspond to their Rarity and Power. Since they are among the top 40% most powerful Mechs in the game, they will be allocated to Tiers accordingly.

9. What's going to happen to the Progress Path?

As we mentioned in our recent video on YouTube, all Mechs and Weapons will be transferred from the Progress Path to the new system. You'll still be able to obtain Resources, Crates, and Boosters from the Progress Path, although we are still figuring out how to fill in all the "gaps" left in the Path by the Mechs and Weapons that have moved to the new system.

10. How will the New Progress System affect Blueprint drops?

Under the new system, Crates will provide Blueprints for Mechs and Weapons in Tiers that you have unlocked. They will also drop Blueprints for any other Mechs and Weapons you have in your Inventory, regardless of how you acquired them (such as via the Progress Path, as a Reward from an Event, or through a Shop Offer). 

11. As more Content is added to the game, will it increase the number of Stars required to unlock Tiers?

For now, we do not envision the number of Tier Stars required to unlock Tiers increasing, even if more Mechs and Weapons are added to them. We see the addition of new content to the Tiers as an opportunity to add variety to the game, not a way to make it more difficult or time-consuming to make progress.

i

Просмотры
Комментарии
7 апр. 2023, 13:0707.04.23
7 апр. 2023, 20:2807.04.23

Yes, Is creative que emotion for onda reason, for player  Argentina Is very dificult dice Carlos Tete

7 апр. 2023, 20:3107.04.23
Cablerichguy@gmail.com

Being an Alpha launch minute player I am excited for the new system. Some bots such as Brickhouse were just to expensive and I've never seemed to save enough to get them since there is always something that needs to be upgraded first. Please ignore all the negative Nancy's that are more comfortable in the box they know and don't want a new box. I appreciate the innovative efforts your team has been experimenting with such as the sponsored partners and this new tier system. I look forward to the days of Mics and more advanced clan features such as better indentation system and more independent clan management and a clan only arena for participating in clan tactic practices.

You still have to pay for the mech even when you unlock it... so.. your issue still exists. 

7 апр. 2023, 21:1307.04.23

If you screw  me over after all the money, and grinding I had to do I am done with you, and will go somewhere else!

7 апр. 2023, 21:2107.04.23

Why are you angry?? I think it's ok... as I understand it, they want to close the path for players who fight with one mech against low-powered players.. I think that this way it will not mean how many robots you take into battle. ..stars will help you find opponents for your level...I am tired to fight against the player who kills all teams with one robot... 

7 апр. 2023, 22:2207.04.23

Mekaların güç seviyelerinde hep değişkenlik oluyor buda baya etkiliyor çok güçlüler çok güçsüzlere denk geliyor

7 апр. 2023, 22:3107.04.23
7 апр. 2023, 22:33(отредактировано)

This sounds like complete crap they're just going to make it into a total money machine for them, that's what this game has been about since day one is raking the people over the coals for their money. I imagine a shitload of acorns is going to be needed to buy anything in this game. I have said this from the very beginning this game is turning into war robots all over again they're following PIXONICS business model from War Robots to the letter. Save your money while you still cannot 

7 апр. 2023, 23:0707.04.23

I don't like this modifications, the game doesn't need this, i know this beacuse i'm a player that play the game when it was launch (yes, the mobile version), this is not going to be a positive thing for the future, because this things are just anoying, just add fun things not this, like new  fun modes, pets or some thing that do expresions when you do actions(like a drone that do emotes when you kill an enemy), this is easy to do, i know this because i'm a game dev. the game is becoming boring!!

7 апр. 2023, 23:5807.04.23
Cablerichguy@gmail.com

Being an Alpha launch minute player I am excited for the new system. Some bots such as Brickhouse were just to expensive and I've never seemed to save enough to get them since there is always something that needs to be upgraded first. Please ignore all the negative Nancy's that are more comfortable in the box they know and don't want a new box. I appreciate the innovative efforts your team has been experimenting with such as the sponsored partners and this new tier system. I look forward to the days of Mics and more advanced clan features such as better indentation system and more independent clan management and a clan only arena for participating in clan tactic practices.

Completely agree, as pero this post i can tell this is not a moneygrab,but an effort to give Replay value, give more value to Game progression. Mighty wanna use this for Matchmaking as well yo enhance gaming exp. And drive new player bases community without excluding the fun for old player. I AM all in with You guys and thanks for all the clarificación.

8 апр. 2023, 00:1408.04.23

i still ddnt get the new progress,,but i like the POWER of it

8 апр. 2023, 03:4808.04.23

Please outline what the 8 "tiers" will look like. Are there more tiers to be added or are current tiers intending to be split?

8 апр. 2023, 03:5208.04.23

i unlocked carbine 8 but am not able to purchase it yet will i get it in the new progress path for free or will i have to pay 8 thousand acoins or will i have to unlock it again game id:53507520

8 апр. 2023, 04:2208.04.23

Please reduce the amount that acoin take to rank up in the new update or create a new currency for ranking up and upgrading the mech that would be useful and also skins are pointless and some skins cost real money which I hate it 😡

8 апр. 2023, 07:0108.04.23

DON'T CHANGE THE SYSTEM 

IT WILL B SUCK

IF DEV WANT TO CHANGE DA SYSTEM , DECREASE THE PRICE OF RANKING UP MECH N WEAPON

8 апр. 2023, 07:4908.04.23

Not good

8 апр. 2023, 09:0108.04.23

this is good 

do this

8 апр. 2023, 10:4908.04.23

So if I understand this Tiers thing correctly..... You'll be forced to upgrade weapons/ mechs to gain extra stars, although you'll never use them to get to next tier. So all the resources you saved up for special mechs and weapons will be for nothing since you'll be forced to use your Acoins for upgrades to proceed to next tier. This looks more like just another money grabbing scheme as if the exorbitantly overpriced in game offers isn't enough? Greedy much Plarium? 

8 апр. 2023, 13:2108.04.23

lately there are a lot of problems with the matches. (connection lost) often comes half way through the game. anyone else with this problem? I'm talking about the last 4 days here.

8 апр. 2023, 13:5908.04.23
9 апр. 2023, 12:39(отредактировано)

If you're going to do this please tell me that you are going to lower the price of A Coins required to upgrade your mech, or increase the amount rewarded for completing task?

I get that what your aiming for is to be more "inclusive" or "accessible", but that is not what this update is bringing to the table in my opinion. Without correcting the current A coin situation. It sort of just screams "now you HAVE to grind or pay us money to progress". Which is what a lot of us did already, but we were at least able to get what we wanted when we wanted it (if it was available) and that was fine. 

If a new player were to join now I can't see this being great for retention. They have to grind HARD or pay money to get a particular Mech that they want. oppose to the previous system where they can play for fun (yah know because the game itself is actually fun (work with that) ) and hope they have enough resources when it's available, or pull out their wallet because they want it that bad . This was kind of an appealing aspect of the game which incentivized spending money while it was available because you already put in the time investment.   

edit

Re-read and noticed this part, don't know how I missed that the first 2 times 😌:

"Before you have unlocked a Tier you can still get Mechs and Weapons from
            it by purchasing them through Shop Offers or winning them as Rewards
           from Events. Just remember the Tier itself will remain locked, even if
           you have obtained some content from it. So, you’ll be able to use the
           particular Mech or Weapon you got, but the rest of the content in the
           Tier will be inaccessible."  

We can still get our mechs when we want them. Nice. Now I'm just more concerned about matchmaking. However, I don't really see the appeal of climbing tiers anymore. I'm Assuming it's a free-to-play "option" to eventually get what you want. So, If you grind to unlock a weapon or mech in a tier is it then free? Do the tiers effect matchmaking? 

end edit: 

The full unlock with the progression system is not necessarily a bad thing (It's pretty typical). Just if prices stay as they are it's not doing anything for the game except pissing some people off and making you guys dependent on whales with deep pockets. I see casual players falling off like flies because they will have no reason to return because they are not willing to do what it takes to climb because there is a big ole app store out there with other games. Also, there is the rest of the video game world too.  

Everyone can have access to all the mechs and weapons in due time. That's great... now it's like other games. However, everyone who is already playing. We are aware of what we're losing, and it sounds like we are losing it so you can TRY to make more money. Seems like a bit of a shot in the foot considering that people play this game because it is fun and we have just accepted the fact that we will have to spend money from time to time, but at least that was our choice. 

You have other more effective less risky options to make more money (in my opinion)... it's funny this is your approach, that says a lot.   

If there is more to the new update than what is stated above please let it be known. Right now it doesn't sound too good when I contemplate on how this could play out. Especially when I consider the fact that resources went into making this happen. There are so many opportunities for more bang for your buck on the floor that those resources could have been allocated to (in my opinion). 

If making it more competitive was the main goal here. I get the concept... get more people playing, then you can justify investing more to serve a bigger audience. But YO! You have some major things that need to be touched up or implicated and I think the current community would appreciate it if you started at the top of the list of things that are important to make it a better GAME.   

Thank you for Developing Mech Arena and moving away from Facebook groups and giving the community a forum to voice our opinions.      

I do not believe this is a "BAD IDEA" It might just need more time in the oven and the execution has to be just right (risky). Also, there are SO MANY OTHER THINGS that need attention (in my opinion).

It feels like a smack in the face to the current community and I wanted to verbalize why, the best way I could for those who feel this way but can't quite put it into words. Instead of just complaining or attempting to tell you how to do your job.  

This is all my opinion from my perspective. Hopefully, this helps, and if not now before it is too late. 

I would LOVE to elaborate more but this is already pretty long, and honestly, nobody knows if you even care.

But you can find me in the discord with the same name if you would like to hear more. The first one is free, but the really valuable info that you want is in tiers 4, 5, and 8 XD   

If you made it this far, Thank You

8 апр. 2023, 14:0008.04.23

Let's see! I think it's a very good idea to improve weapons and robots! but my question is: what do we robots and weapons that we do not use? Why don't you get another hargar, where we can give life to others? Or if not, the robots and atmas that can be sold!

8 апр. 2023, 14:5108.04.23

Is this update really good for users?