All Categories

Plarium's plans for its strategy games once browsers stop supporting Flash

Plarium's plans for its strategy games once browsers stop supporting Flash

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
May 11, 2020, 20:4905/11/20
04/23/20

Let's see what Plarium come back with. Plarium need a licence from Adobe to run Flash. They won't get one after 31/12/2020. 

May 12, 2020, 20:3105/12/20
07/11/19
I cannot keep playing once flash is cut unless you make a version of plarium play that can work on chromebooks, not just  windows or apple devices.  can you figure a way to solve this issue by the end of the year?
May 12, 2020, 23:3405/12/20
May 12, 2020, 23:35(edited)
09/22/16

Tony IC 2 said:

I cannot keep playing once flash is cut unless you make a version of plarium play that can work on chromebooks, not just  windows or apple devices.  can you figure a way to solve this issue by the end of the year?

Hello Tony

Chrome OS - the operating system used on Chromebooks - is just a modified linux OS. Therefore you will be able to continue to access Stormfall via a browser - although NOT Google Chrome as updates to this after Dec 2020 will make flash unuseable.

I would suggest either the Mozilla Firefox or Chromium browsers. If you are interested I did post a how to guide for firefox recently.. you can check it out..

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/51_game-discussion/196350_linux-users-guide-to-stormfall/

In any case I will re-post with full step-by-step instructions in Oct / Nov this year for both Firefox and Chromium (as the instructions are different) .

Of course - this will be completely unnecessary if Plarium releases the Play App for linux - please

May 12, 2020, 23:4205/12/20
09/22/16

Reverse Midas said:

Let's see what Plarium come back with. Plarium need a licence from Adobe to run Flash. They won't get one after 31/12/2020. 

Actually - that is not correct. Flash is owned by Adobe - but is made available for use free provided end-user agreement is in effect. Installation and use of Flash assumes opt-in to end-user agreement.

Flash will no longer be available after dec 2020 from Adobe - but anyone who already has it can continue to use it (at their own risk) so long as they continue to abide by the end-user agreement
Jul 21, 2020, 17:3207/21/20
10/20/15
Can we please be Told what the Hell is going on, WHAT IS Plarium plan for December? Are we moving to the App and do we get to keep our FB castles?  Give us some INFO PLEASE.
AlinaCommunity Manager
Jul 22, 2020, 10:2007/22/20
05/21/19

Graham said:

Can we please be Told what the Hell is going on, WHAT IS Plarium plan for December? Are we moving to the App and do we get to keep our FB castles?  Give us some INFO PLEASE.

Hello, Graham!

Thanks for your question! Unfortunately, I cannot disclose all the details now. However, soon you'll get an update post. Thanks for your patience! Cheers! 
Aug 22, 2020, 18:1208/22/20
08/09/15

Alina said:

Graham said:

Hello, Graham!

Thanks for your question! Unfortunately, I cannot disclose all the details now. However, soon you'll get an update post. Thanks for your patience! Cheers! 

thats great

seems like u guys are working on something.this is good.this itself might let people stop worrying

Aug 22, 2020, 18:1808/22/20
08/09/15

Tids said:

Tony IC 2 said:

i dnt think this will wok.but if it does it would just be so great to be able to use it... would solve so many players problems
Oct 22, 2020, 13:2910/22/20
Oct 22, 2020, 13:38(edited)
07/10/14

Tids said:

Actually - that is not correct. Flash is owned by Adobe - but is made available for use free provided end-user agreement is in effect. Installation and use of Flash assumes opt-in to end-user agreement.

Flash will no longer be available after dec 2020 from Adobe - but anyone who already has it can continue to use it (at their own risk) so long as they continue to abide by the end-user agreement

It's worth understanding what Freeware is (Flash is freeware btw). Google or Wikiepedia it. it is not for example the same thing as "open-source".

The main idea of freeware is to prevent people from trying to charge you for it (the owners wants it to be distributed used by end-users for free). It's doesn't mean that the publisher gives up their proprietary rights to the intellectual property.

Adobe maintain significant rights to the Flash, both in your end user agreement and in distributor agreements (both available on the Adobe website)

For instance. You need a distributor license to distribute or embed Flash in a product. You are also not allowed to tamper, edit the code for yourself either. And you are certainly not allowed to modify the code for your own profit.

So it would not be legal for a company to edit the Flash source code and provide that code as updates and then distribute them to their customers (given Adobe aren't giving out distributor licenses post EoL, for obvious reasons).

I strongly suggest people do their own research rather than take Plarium's / my / or anyone else's word for anything regarding this topic.

Dec 16, 2020, 17:4512/16/20
12/15/20

unfortunatly I have played on my chromebook for the past few years and do not have the pc option anymore I got this chromebook to play this game I have played for 7 years and am not going to buy a pc just to play this game please fix or I will have to find a new game to play.

Jan 12, 2021, 20:3501/12/21
10/10/16
Alina

Tony IC said:

the formats will not work for me. i only have a chromebook. can you add a way to play it on a chromebook

Hello!

Thanks for your question!

At the moment, Chromebook is not on our immediate roadmap, but we will consider it based on player demand.

Thanks for your understanding!

find a way !!