Plarium's plans for its strategy games once browsers stop supporting Flash

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 13, 2019, 13:0909/13/19
05/21/19

Blizz71 AOC said:

Can you make plarium pay work on chromium. I like to use my chrome tablet and i dont want to lose my ability to use it when they stop supporting flash.

Hello!

Plarium Play is a desktop app that you need to install on your PC. Just press "Download the Plarium Play app now" here: https://plarium.com/ and follow the instructions.

Thanks!

AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 13, 2019, 13:1009/13/19
05/21/19

Merlin22 said:

You could use html5 instead of flash ?

Hello!

Thanks for your question!

We refused this idea after deep consideration. We do believe that solutions given in the announcement above will work out.

Cheers!

AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 13, 2019, 13:1409/13/19
05/21/19

griffondor said:

Hi

just not find stormfall (nor pirates) where i play on FB from past 9 years (and paid for play) on "FB gameroom" . ;(

the new strategy will envolve to begin our game to 0 ? 

In such case = i consider that is a complete "roberry" enforcing players to pay (by sendind commercial offer every 30 seconds) on the game?

thx for your further answers

regards

Hello!

If you've been playing on Facebook and you install Facebook Gameroom, your progress will be transferred.

Why cannot you find the games? I checked it and I managed to find both games if you search for them by typing the full names in the Search line.

Thanks!
AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 13, 2019, 13:1709/13/19
05/21/19

Tony IC said:

the formats will not work for me. i only have a chromebook. can you add a way to play it on a chromebook

Hello!

Thanks for your question!

At the moment, Chromebook is not on our immediate roadmap, but we will consider it based on player demand.

Thanks for your understanding!

AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 13, 2019, 13:1909/13/19
05/21/19

Bodobull said:

Will I be able to play my multiple castles on Plarium Play ? I can do it on Chrome, but not on Microsoft.

Hello!

Yes, you can have multiple castles on different servers if you're playing via Plarium Play app, too.

Good luck!
AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 13, 2019, 13:2109/13/19
05/21/19

Captain J.Rabbit said:

I use the browser version. I use chrome. I have looked into using the download but there's a "hidden" kernal  that my security will not allow!! This would be the same component that is NOT allowed to be uninstalled as mentioned above. Why is it necessary to infiltrate my  mainframe? Could ya possibly consider removing the many unnecessary components that take up space and require extreme measures from both our ends to have me "game" here?! You're right to address the issues of easy access to keep your faithful followers, but seem to fall short of solving any real problems for your followers!  

Hello!

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us. The team is currently working really hard on the app. We have reasons to believe it will be significantly improved in future. 

Good luck on the battlefield!

AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 13, 2019, 13:2309/13/19
05/21/19

NAUG 2203 said:

Many players have alternate (paying) accounts. The Plarium app is single threaded and will not allow multiple players to be active at the same time, this will eliminate those players who have multiple browsers open actively playing their accounts.

Very short sighted.

But, you do have a year or so to allow multi-threading on the plarium app. I suggest that your staff commit to that.

As for the players using Chromebooks and Linux OS, oh well & I hope Plarium's business model can handle a drop of, what, 5% of revenue instantly.

Respectfully...

PS. One of the reasons that Flash is disappearing is that it was (and still is) a security nightmare. And Adobe Corp was always about the money starting with Tru-Type fonts.

Hello!

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us. 

You will still be able to have different castles on different servers. 

Regarding Chromebook and Linux, everything depends on player demand here. 

Cheers!
AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 13, 2019, 13:2509/13/19
05/21/19

Samson said:

Problem with the latest plarium play app: it now requires admin privileges to install on a PC. That was not the case before. So now my only option is to use a browser. What about making it work as an android or IOS app so it can be used on tablets/IPads?

Hello!

I'm sorry, I am not sure if I got right what you meant. Could you please specify your problem? Thanks!
AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 13, 2019, 13:2609/13/19
05/21/19

Montecristo said:

Hey plarium mega problems whit plarium play  my computer freeze up  dowloaded a version at the begenning and it worked but now does not help please like your game but cannot fonction whit plarum play at the moment 

Hello!

I'm sorry to hear you're having these issues. What exactly is happening? Could you please provide me with more details? Thanks!

AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 13, 2019, 13:3109/13/19
05/21/19

Vanessa Gen said:

You will continue to use Flash on the desktop app even though it is not supported by Adobe?

Like someone said, a security nightmare and the Plarium app a large target.

Hello!

Not really. Plarium Play doesn't use Flash. We've developed it as an alternative for our players from Plarium.com.

Cheers!
AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 13, 2019, 13:3209/13/19
05/21/19

Montecristo said:

we need a login logout button also please provide 

Hello! 

Could you please specify where would you like to see this button? Thanks!
AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 13, 2019, 13:3509/13/19
05/21/19

Apollo said:

I tried you APP and was not happy.  My Desktop runs on Windows 7 and my Laptop runs on Windows 8.  I have tlred Windows 10 on a barrowed computor and did not like it.  so kept my older Windows programs. 

I do not like your APP.  I can only see one haven at a time and can not inlarge or schrink the Game Maps in Stormfall or Pirates.  This makes it hard to search around for Raids.  Makes it hard to find enemy Blockades and Seiges.  Game runs Faster in Chrome.  I can Hunt for attacks.  Building open faster in Chrome also.   Will the APP improve?  If not then in 2020 when Chrome stops supporting Flash, you will loose a lot of us players on older machines and programs.  

I Lost the ability to send notes to friends across servers.  These Notes are very helpful for those of us playing on other servers.  It also lets us chat with friends who have quit the servers we play and changed to another game servers.  Is the APP going to get that back?

Many of us would switch to the APP IF it worked on our older Computors and Laptops. 

Hello!

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. 

Plarium Play works on Windows 7 and later. Also, we have a team dedicated to improving the app. We do have reason to believe that it will be significantly improved in future. 

We do hope for your patience.

Sep 13, 2019, 13:5509/13/19
05/21/14
I will join users who are telling you that your idea to continue use flash, which will be unsupported, will make security issue on every single pc running it.
Sep 13, 2019, 21:5109/13/19
08/17/16
I play at work , as many do, and the security protocols in the work place and any public institution ( Libraries)  prevent Plarium play from being downloaded so that will be another percentage of players lost. I think the total will be larger than you expect of everyone who has issues trying to downlaod plarium play and you will go under then try and restart the game with better ground work. So  I am planning my own, 2020 end game scenario. Literally, stop playing and go do something else:) Good luck, you'll need it.
Sep 15, 2019, 15:3909/15/19
09/11/15
Alina said:

Bodobull said:

Will I be able to play my multiple castles on Plarium Play ? I can do it on Chrome, but not on Microsoft.

Hello!

Yes, you can have multiple castles on different servers if you're playing via Plarium Play app, too.

Good luck!

Sep 17, 2019, 07:2909/17/19
09/17/19

Alina said:

It took 2 years, and the results were disappointing. The WebGL engine was not as powerful as Flash: the minimum system requirements went up, the visual quality went down, the load times were 5-7 times longer, and the game was much less responsive. 

That is a bombshell. All of the sudden you drop this on us. 

Lots of games did manage to make WebGL work, I have no idea why it didn't work. I am a aware of issues that come with WebGL, like the memory issue, that results in crushes and the picture quality.

have you tried to integrate WebgL with something like Eletrom or Apache. 

Alina said:

While Flash is available on browsers, we will do everything we can to help you play our games on your format of choice. Once that’s no longer an option, you can still keep playing on Plarium Play or your platform’s desktop application.

You're kidding me right. . How in heaven hells are you going to manage to deal with all the security issues that come with using flash. The only reason why flash survived for as long as it did, was because of Adobe. It was adobe's timely dedication that allowed flash to survive. Adobe, nor browsers are dropping flash. They are going to leave a bottomless pit of security issues that will be impossible to fix. How in heaven hell are you a small time company, ever going to manage to deal with all the security issues. 

Google, a multibillion dollar company could have chosen to adopt the role that Adobe play, and keep flash. But even they are dropping flash. Microsoft could have taken that role. But they don't even want to touch flash with a stick. 

Even if you manage to keep the hackers away, BY SOME MIRACLE. its highly improbable that you will, but lets say you do. With the speed that technology is developing at right now, it will be economically inviable for you to keep all the hackers out when the likes of Quantum networking and Quantum computing becomes affordable to a basement hacker. How will you keep the North Koreans and the Nigerians out then. And how many years we have until that happen. I say 5 years. 

even if you were to team up with all 'Flash' game developers, you simply can't replace Adobe. 

Its Adobe that is dropping flash, and browsers are reacting to that by also dropping flash. 

Sep 17, 2019, 07:4809/17/19
09/17/19

All the players on Linux, Ubuntu and Chromebook will have to switch to Microsoft. All players like me on Microsoft Windows 10 will have to downgrade to 7 or 8. Because the game just doesn't work on windows 10. 

Then there is an issue of the game play requiring Admin privilege to be installed. I don't see how you're going to solve it. knowing that most of the coiners play this game on their work PC during the day, that means that they will have to drop the game altogether or find a way to play it while at work. I don't see how players l know will manage that. The majority of players I KNOW coin a lot, play these game while at work. They can't install Plarium Play because of the privilege requirement. How are you going to solve that. 

How long does the game have. Flash can't survive without Adobe. Even if it does, by some miracle, technological growth will make it too expensive to run flash. Then 5 year from 2020, then the game will all die. because it will be too expensive to maintain. 

I have a suggestion. Export the game to mobile. You already have mobile games with similar feel on mobile. Yes a lot of things will have to go. But it beat robbing players blind and lying to us that you can do something you won't be able to do. On mobile you will also have a NEW huge market available to you. About 60% of the emerging economies are in countries that have over 70% mobile use. Exporting the game to mobile make a lot of sense. 

Sep 20, 2019, 01:1209/20/19
Oct 9, 2019, 21:53(edited)
09/03/16

There doesn't seem to be a Plarium Play app for IOS in North America.

I use the Plarium Play app on my desktop, but can't get it on my iPhone, nor can iPad users get it. This despite the fact that we're often prompted  (by banners in the game) to download it from the App Store. When I try to do that I get a version for Stormfall: Rise of Balur, but not Stormfall: Age of War.

With Flash packing it in next year, and the Puffin Browser no longer available for iPhone, the need for an IOS version of Plarium Play grows.

What are your plans? 

AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 20, 2019, 09:3709/20/19
05/21/19

Oracle The Graeat said:

All the players on Linux, Ubuntu and Chromebook will have to switch to Microsoft. All players like me on Microsoft Windows 10 will have to downgrade to 7 or 8. Because the game just doesn't work on windows 10. 

Then there is an issue of the game play requiring Admin privilege to be installed. I don't see how you're going to solve it. knowing that most of the coiners play this game on their work PC during the day, that means that they will have to drop the game altogether or find a way to play it while at work. I don't see how players l know will manage that. The majority of players I KNOW coin a lot, play these game while at work. They can't install Plarium Play because of the privilege requirement. How are you going to solve that. 

How long does the game have. Flash can't survive without Adobe. Even if it does, by some miracle, technological growth will make it too expensive to run flash. Then 5 year from 2020, then the game will all die. because it will be too expensive to maintain. 

I have a suggestion. Export the game to mobile. You already have mobile games with similar feel on mobile. Yes a lot of things will have to go. But it beat robbing players blind and lying to us that you can do something you won't be able to do. On mobile you will also have a NEW huge market available to you. About 60% of the emerging economies are in countries that have over 70% mobile use. Exporting the game to mobile make a lot of sense. 

Hello!

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

Could you please specify why you'll be forced to downgrade to Windows 10? Plarium Play app is available for Windows 7 and above.

Also, we don't have plans to transfer Stormfall: Age of War to mobile because we already have Stormfall: Rise of Balur, which was designed for mobile devices whereas Stormfall: Age of War wasn't.