All Categories

Plarium's plans for its strategy games once browsers stop supporting Flash

Plarium's plans for its strategy games once browsers stop supporting Flash

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Sep 20, 2019, 14:1509/20/19
01/31/17

Here is how I got plarium play to completely uninstall so that I could reinstall and update it.

Windows 8 right click the windows icon bottom left of the task bar select Run type in regedit click OK . Now you have to find the plarium play folder delete the files in it and then delete the plarium play folder. mine is located under this path. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PlariumPlayInstaller you will have to open the keys in the registry to get to this folder. delete all the files you can in the folder for example version language installfolder and default it will not want to delete the default file do it last then delete the plarium install folder. now reinstall plarium play from the plarium play exe download file if you get a new installation screen and it all loads and asks you to update to play do so. don't delete anything else in your registry keys.

Hope this helps it worked for me. 

Sep 20, 2019, 14:2209/20/19
Sep 20, 2019, 14:45(edited)
05/20/16

Alina said:

Vanessa Gen said:

You will continue to use Flash on the desktop app even though it is not supported by Adobe?

Like someone said, a security nightmare and the Plarium app a large target.

Hello!

Not really. Plarium Play doesn't use Flash. We've developed it as an alternative for our players from Plarium.com.

Cheers!

You should reconsider that answer and check with your devs.

Plarium Play still runs with PepperFlash, which means its a Flash Player by the same company Adobe.

Like its been said it will become a security risk past 2020. I take that in to consideration and planning ahead. Ultimatly it means spending less than I have until then. At the end of 2020, stop using any service Plarium offers that require Flash to operate. This cash cow is finally dry.

If it is as you say, then there wouldn't be any reason to have a PepperFlashPlayer extension in Plarium Plays sub folders. Please remove it and prove to us that it works without.

AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 23, 2019, 09:3209/23/19
05/21/19

Monarch said:

Alina said:

Vanessa Gen said:

You will continue to use Flash on the desktop app even though it is not supported by Adobe?

Hello!

Not really. Plarium Play doesn't use Flash. We've developed it as an alternative for our players from Plarium.com.

Cheers!

Plarium Play still runs with PepperFlash, which means its a Flash Player by the same company Adobe.

Like its been said it will become a security risk past 2020. I take that in to consideration and planning ahead. Ultimatly it means spending less than I have until then. At the end of 2020, stop using any service Plarium offers that require Flash to operate. This cash cow is finally dry.

If it is as you say, then there wouldn't be any reason to have a PepperFlashPlayer extension in Plarium Plays sub folders. Please remove it and prove to us that it works without.

Hello!

Thanks for sharing this info. Yes, you're right. I'm sorry that my previous reply was confusing. Plarium Play is using Flash, but it's totally supported by us now and it will be supported in future, so it's a bit different. And there shouldn't be any difficulties or security risks here. 

Cheers!
Sep 23, 2019, 10:5109/23/19
05/20/16

Alina said:

Monarch said:

Alina said:

Vanessa Gen said:

Hello!

Cheers!

Hello!

Thanks for sharing this info. Yes, you're right. I'm sorry that my previous reply was confusing. Plarium Play is using Flash, but it's totally supported by us now and it will be supported in future, so it's a bit different. And there shouldn't be any difficulties or security risks here. 

Cheers!

Does that mean Plarium acquired the license to carry on the Flash Player and development of Flash from Adobe after 2020?

AlinaCommunity Manager
Oct 7, 2019, 08:1910/07/19
05/21/19

Monarch said:

Alina said:

Monarch said:

Alina said:

Vanessa Gen said:

Hello!

Cheers!

Hello!

Cheers!

Does that mean Plarium acquired the license to carry on the Flash Player and development of Flash from Adobe after 2020?

Hello!

Plarium Play (as well as Facebook Gameroom) has built-in support for Web Games built in Flash, working independently from the browser. Players will be able to continue playing their games without any problem.

Oct 7, 2019, 21:0510/07/19
08/21/14

Alina said:

Monarch said:

Alina said:

Monarch said:

Alina said:

Vanessa Gen said:

Hello!

Cheers!

Hello!

Cheers!

Hello!

Plarium Play (as well as Facebook Gameroom) has built-in support for Web Games built in Flash, working independently from the browser. Players will be able to continue playing their games without any problem.

I believe you're confusing 'built-in support' with 'security support'.  Browsers and apps are simply platforms that the Flash player can ride upon.  Hackers create new vulnerabilities in Flash.  Adobe then fixes those vulnerabilities and provides the updates to the platforms.

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jan 10, 2020, 12:1401/10/20
05/21/19

Limad said:

Now that 2020 is here, any update on how we will be able to continue to play the game post Adobe Flash Player EOL?

Hello!

Thanks for your question! The solution is still the same. We encourage all Plarium.com players to switch to our Plarium Play app. Cheers!
AlinaCommunity Manager
Jan 13, 2020, 11:3501/13/20
05/21/19
Limad said:

So still no solution then. The game will end. Cheers. 
Hello! I understand that people don't usually like changes  However, could you please specify why you're so frustrated about switching to the app? Thanks in advance! 
Jan 15, 2020, 15:4701/15/20
Jan 15, 2020, 15:55(edited)
01/14/20
hello
Jan 15, 2020, 15:5401/15/20
01/14/20
Silverhand said:

disappointing...

Jan 16, 2020, 18:0601/16/20
01/14/20

hey

Jan 16, 2020, 18:0701/16/20
01/16/20
hey
AlinaCommunity Manager
Jan 17, 2020, 11:5501/17/20
05/21/19

Limad said:

Alina said:

Limad said:

So still no solution then. The game will end. Cheers. 
Hello! I understand that people don't usually like changes  However, could you please specify why you're so frustrated about switching to the app? Thanks in advance! 

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/51_game-discussion/105941_flash-player-6/2/

I use the app - it works fine for now - it just won't work fine in 2021. It won't work at all. 

Hello!

Good to hear that it's working well for you! I'm sure it will be totally fine in 2021, too. Cheers!
AlinaCommunity Manager
Jan 17, 2020, 11:5501/17/20
05/21/19
mj123cat3 said:

hey
Hello and welcome! 
AlinaCommunity Manager
Jan 17, 2020, 11:5601/17/20
05/21/19
mj44 said:

hey

Hello! Welcome to our forum! 
Jan 22, 2020, 19:5401/22/20
Jan 24, 2020, 11:00(edited)
03/07/19

If the game continues, I'll just be glad :]

I already play through Plarium Play and say that it’s not bad.

I would like to ask plarium to improve the entry to the game so that the application supports autocompletion of login and password. So that several users living in the same house and playing through the same computer, and, of course, all family members could enter in turn through this application, so that each time do not re-enter their username and a very complex and long password. Thanks!

Alina said:

While Flash is available on browsers, we will do everything we can to help you play our games on your format of choice. Once that’s no longer an option, you can still keep playing on Plarium Play or your platform’s desktop application.

We want to assure you that our strategy games will keep using Flash. Our best developers will continue working on improving the game quality, adding new content, and implementing new features to provide you with the best game experience. We will also continue collecting feedback from our gaming community so we can create a perfect game together.

Thank you for sticking with us. We will keep you updated!

Plarium Team

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jan 24, 2020, 11:0301/24/20
05/21/19

Marshal-XXIV said:

If the game continues, I'll just be glad :]

I already play through Plarium Play and say that it’s not bad.

I would like to ask plarium to improve the entry to the game so that the application supports autocompletion of login and password. So that several users living in the same house and playing through the same computer, and, of course, all family members could enter in turn through this application, so that each time do not re-enter their username and a very complex and long password. Thanks!

Alina said:

While Flash is available on browsers, we will do everything we can to help you play our games on your format of choice. Once that’s no longer an option, you can still keep playing on Plarium Play or your platform’s desktop application.

We want to assure you that our strategy games will keep using Flash. Our best developers will continue working on improving the game quality, adding new content, and implementing new features to provide you with the best game experience. We will also continue collecting feedback from our gaming community so we can create a perfect game together.

Thank you for sticking with us. We will keep you updated!

Plarium Team

Hello!

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us! I'm glad that you like Plarium Play. To be honest, I like it very much, too. Also, I agree that autologin would be a good improvement. I've forwarded it to the game team. Thanks!
Feb 26, 2020, 18:3302/26/20
04/04/16

I place a copy of my comments made in the Play App feedback forum here as it is also relevant to discussion in this area. What will happen after Browser Flash support finishes at the end of the year?

Its great to see that the Play App has become more usable over time.

However a big feature that is missing is the ability to use Play App to do multiple logons on one PC.

Using Chrome, Chrome Incognito, Opera GX Browser, Opera GX Browser, etc etc and Play App and atm each allows one Stormfall logon per active session.

When Flash is no longer supported at the end of the year, as far as I am aware atm there will be Play App that can be used to logon to Stormfall. Thats one game session only at a time per pc.

QQQ Has Plarium taken a SERIOUS look at how many people, especially those who spend some large money in this game, have multiple logon ids?

I suspect the answer would tend to shock Plarium. Far as I can tell by talking to a number of very active players, if there is no longer a way to do multiple logons per pc when Flash support stops, they will either stop playing the game or seriously slow their game activity and so drop their expenditure on the game.

QQQ Has Plarium any intention to add multiple logon at the same time ability to Play App before the end of the year when Flash Support stops?

=> To coordinate response on this particular area, I suggest people provide any comment on the matter of multiple logons on on one pc, in only one forum area. PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO PROVIDE ANY COMMENT ON PLAY APP SUPPORTING MULTIPLE LOGONS ON A SINGLE PC. Thanks.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/54_-news-and-announcements/128446_plarium-play-app--we-need-your-feedback-/?post=755322

AlinaCommunity Manager
Feb 28, 2020, 12:4802/28/20
05/21/19

Ozi UW said:

I place a copy of my comments made in the Play App feedback forum here as it is also relevant to discussion in this area. What will happen after Browser Flash support finishes at the end of the year?

Its great to see that the Play App has become more usable over time.

However a big feature that is missing is the ability to use Play App to do multiple logons on one PC.

Using Chrome, Chrome Incognito, Opera GX Browser, Opera GX Browser, etc etc and Play App and atm each allows one Stormfall logon per active session.

When Flash is no longer supported at the end of the year, as far as I am aware atm there will be Play App that can be used to logon to Stormfall. Thats one game session only at a time per pc.

QQQ Has Plarium taken a SERIOUS look at how many people, especially those who spend some large money in this game, have multiple logon ids?

I suspect the answer would tend to shock Plarium. Far as I can tell by talking to a number of very active players, if there is no longer a way to do multiple logons per pc when Flash support stops, they will either stop playing the game or seriously slow their game activity and so drop their expenditure on the game.

QQQ Has Plarium any intention to add multiple logon at the same time ability to Play App before the end of the year when Flash Support stops?

=> To coordinate response on this particular area, I suggest people provide any comment on the matter of multiple logons on on one pc, in only one forum area. PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO PROVIDE ANY COMMENT ON PLAY APP SUPPORTING MULTIPLE LOGONS ON A SINGLE PC. Thanks.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/54_-news-and-announcements/128446_plarium-play-app--we-need-your-feedback-/?post=755322

Hello, Ozi! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I'll forward your question to the game team. Cheers!

May 11, 2020, 16:3105/11/20
08/09/15

huh i found it at long last              

few things to note here about security and other concerns 

game is going to end ? who says that ? people who said they will leave the game ? well theyr still here arnt they ? 

there wont be any problems when flash stops working,at least big ones . if u have concerns about purchasing a pack with a credit card,well just buy a gift card           

my only concern is about multiple accounts,good and/or bad  

1.people who have 100s of accounts wont be able to log into em all.i mean they could but not as fast as they can now

2. i have 2 more accounts too  in browsers i can log into all 3 in a min ,yea,no not possible with plarium app