All Categories

Why are lower ranks allowed to kick members?

Why are lower ranks allowed to kick members?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 30, 2018, 17:2803/30/18
10/04/13
Alina Phoenix said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Wait a sec....the Devs used feedback from SPARTA?  Seriously?   While I understand they're similar with different themes, they're not the exact same player base.  Some may play both and even more, but the ONLY player base that should affect features on SF are those that play SF and the associated feedback on SF community page.

The poll I saw had league dismissal ranked in the lower 10, but as I said...it had fewer than 500 votes total, so I don't exactly trust it.  I played on FB nearly every day and I do not remember seeing any poll other than the one I mentioned.   If I didn't see it, I'm sure most of the FB community didn't see it, either.

I know of exactly zero people on FB that liked league dismissal.  Most were placated somewhat by the Paragon activation bonus given with league activity bonuses, but when that was taken away, many fell back to 'well, they removed the one thing I actually liked about it" grumbling.

This thread is not about league dismissal, though it has evolved into it.  The thread is about Plarium giving commanders and fighters the right to boot others.  I challenge anyone to show a single player out of the millions that supposedly play FB SF that approve of this 'feature'.

Wait a sec....the Devs used feedback from SPARTA? Seriously? 

No, while gathering the feedback it's done separately for Sparta and Stormfall. As you said these are different games though the features are very similar. 

Dimitri is working as Community Manager on Sparta. So, he took this example from there. Sorry for the confusion :(

As for the rights of Commanders and Fighters to remove inactive players from the League, devs already accepted the suggestion to give Marshal a right to choose who exactly from Commanders and Fighters will have such opportunity. This change will be added to the game in one of the next updates.

Excellent. 
Apr 4, 2018, 01:0504/04/18
02/09/17
Alina Phoenix said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Wait a sec....the Devs used feedback from SPARTA?  Seriously?   While I understand they're similar with different themes, they're not the exact same player base.  Some may play both and even more, but the ONLY player base that should affect features on SF are those that play SF and the associated feedback on SF community page.

The poll I saw had league dismissal ranked in the lower 10, but as I said...it had fewer than 500 votes total, so I don't exactly trust it.  I played on FB nearly every day and I do not remember seeing any poll other than the one I mentioned.   If I didn't see it, I'm sure most of the FB community didn't see it, either.

I know of exactly zero people on FB that liked league dismissal.  Most were placated somewhat by the Paragon activation bonus given with league activity bonuses, but when that was taken away, many fell back to 'well, they removed the one thing I actually liked about it" grumbling.

This thread is not about league dismissal, though it has evolved into it.  The thread is about Plarium giving commanders and fighters the right to boot others.  I challenge anyone to show a single player out of the millions that supposedly play FB SF that approve of this 'feature'.

No, while gathering the feedback it's done separately for Sparta and Stormfall. As you said these are different games though the features are very similar. 

Dimitri is working as Community Manager on Sparta. So, he took this example from there. Sorry for the confusion :(

As for the rights of Commanders and Fighters to remove inactive players from the League, devs already accepted the suggestion to give Marshal a right to choose who exactly from Commanders and Fighters will have such opportunity. This change will be added to the game in one of the next updates.

an actually case of feedback being listen to  ! it is a miracle.. so what about the league inactivity timer  ? is that going to be extended from 14 days  ? or do you consider this one concession a fix... this is after all players telling plarium developers that the fix to game changes is not acceptable.. are you still going to make a random captain the marshal  ? are you still planning to make the imbalance and unfair element to smaller leagues stick  ? because players have raised multiple concerns in this thread.. so do you plan on giving all the required answers  ? because this is a development issue as all players know... so we deserve all concerns answered and feedback on all matters ... we are not facebook players we have not been polled and under 500 poll responses on another server is not going to make anyone happy... when are the deputy marshal roles going to be implemented to compensate for other development issues and do you expect leagues to have holiday rota's in real life to compensate for your 14 day window till a leagues cancelled or we boot anyone with health issues ... are units going to be returned to catacombs if players get booted... or do we just end years of players hard work... because developers came up with a 14 day period what out of thin air  ? because this development has clearly not been thought through.. to adapt you want us to let players get wiped out and end peoples games.. because some have time off... its just going to be some marshals creating castles they have to log into to save real players... to compensate for this silly change... all your development can be bypassed but why should anyone have to do that.... 
Apr 4, 2018, 11:4704/04/18
02/29/16

Han said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

an actually case of feedback being listen to  ! it is a miracle.. so what about the league inactivity timer  ? is that going to be extended from 14 days  ? or do you consider this one concession a fix... this is after all players telling plarium developers that the fix to game changes is not acceptable.. are you still going to make a random captain the marshal  ? are you still planning to make the imbalance and unfair element to smaller leagues stick  ? because players have raised multiple concerns in this thread.. so do you plan on giving all the required answers  ? because this is a development issue as all players know... so we deserve all concerns answered and feedback on all matters ... we are not facebook players we have not been polled and under 500 poll responses on another server is not going to make anyone happy... when are the deputy marshal roles going to be implemented to compensate for other development issues and do you expect leagues to have holiday rota's in real life to compensate for your 14 day window till a leagues cancelled or we boot anyone with health issues ... are units going to be returned to catacombs if players get booted... or do we just end years of players hard work... because developers came up with a 14 day period what out of thin air  ? because this development has clearly not been thought through.. to adapt you want us to let players get wiped out and end peoples games.. because some have time off... its just going to be some marshals creating castles they have to log into to save real players... to compensate for this silly change... all your development can be bypassed but why should anyone have to do that.... 

Hello! Let's proceed with all your questions one-by-one:

1. What about the league inactivity timer ? is that going to be extended from 14 days?

No, devs don't have such plans as they already extended this timer. When the feature was released, it was for 7 days.

2. Are you still going to make a random captain the Marshal?

Yes, if Marshall doesn't login to the game for more than 21 days, his Rank will be granted to randomly selected active Captain. If Marshal returns to the game, he can ask this Captain to return this status to him.

3. Are you still planning to make the imbalance and unfair element to smaller leagues stick?

What features do you consider as giving imbalance to smaller Leagues?

4. When is the deputy Marshal role going to be implemented?

Devs don't have plans to add this Role as there is already Captain rank and it has almost all rights as Marshal does.

5. Do you expect leagues to have holiday rota's in real life to compensate for your 14-day window till leagues canceled or we boot anyone with health issues?

You don't have to remove a player who became inactive at once. If you see that the activity of your League is still above 60%, you can keep this inactive member as long as you wish. Plus, you can change the Rank of this player to Neophyte and then he won't be counted in the activity statistics.

6. Are units going to be returned to catacombs if players get booted?

They already return to Catacombs.

This feature exists on FB servers for quite a long time already and it's not as horrible as might appear at first sight. Those Leagues which were active before adding this feature still remained active. 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.