All Categories

Why are lower ranks allowed to kick members?

Why are lower ranks allowed to kick members?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
MariusAdmin
Mar 21, 2018, 12:1103/21/18
09/04/17

I would suggest reading the Terms of Use, Arbitration and Refund Policies, as well as remembering that Stormfall is a free-to-play game. You do not pay to play it, you can make specific in-game purchases and if you have issues with those our Support will, of course, do their utmost to assist you once an appropriate ticket has been submitted.

The matter of League Activity has been a hot topic of our Facebook servers before it was implemented. However, once players had a chance to see if live the outrage quickly died down. There are plenty of ways to keep your League afloat even if it is small. Members who have sadly passed away do not count towards League activity, if someone is unable to log in for a while they can be temporarily demoted or the League can rely on other members to create the necessary activity. Keep in mind that it is not disbanded immediately, you would have 14 days to make sure activity goes above 60%. In addition to that, high League activity allows everyone in the League to receive rewards - something that sometimes gets forgotten in the worries about potential issues.
Mar 21, 2018, 23:3503/21/18
Mar 22, 2018, 02:19(edited)
08/21/14

The outrage did not die down because the players liked it.  It died down because there was no longer any point in arguing and it just became an accepted reality if the players wanted to maintain their invested addiction.  Plarium did not listen to the player base before it was implemented, and there was no reason to expect Plarium to listen to the player base after it was implemented.  The bottom line is no league marshal wants Plarium telling them how to run their league anymore than a business owner wants the government telling them how to run their business.  No reward is worth interference.

Many suggestions were given, and ignored, with allowing far more time than 2 weeks before league dismissals, including time for inactive marshals to be replaced with a timer reset.   There is no need for such a rush.  The end result would still have been achieved without the rushed and heavy handed tactics. 

The idea of giving Commanders and Fighters boot capability was absolutely overreaching and has absolutely no justification.  Inactive marshal replacement with adequate time left before dismissal (such as timer reset) would solve the given excuse without forcing marshals to choose between good league organization and league security.  Again, what is the rush?

MariusAdmin
Mar 22, 2018, 09:5703/22/18
09/04/17
Aegon Targaryen said:

The outrage did not die down because the players liked it.  It died down because there was no longer any point in arguing and it just became an accepted reality if the players wanted to maintain their invested addiction.  Plarium did not listen to the player base before it was implemented, and there was no reason to expect Plarium to listen to the player base after it was implemented.  The bottom line is no league marshal wants Plarium telling them how to run their league anymore than a business owner wants the government telling them how to run their business.  No reward is worth interference.

Many suggestions were given, and ignored, with allowing far more time than 2 weeks before league dismissals, including time for inactive marshals to be replaced with a timer reset.   There is no need for such a rush.  The end result would still have been achieved without the rushed and heavy handed tactics. 

The idea of giving Commanders and Fighters boot capability was absolutely overreaching and has absolutely no justification.  Inactive marshal replacement with adequate time left before dismissal (such as timer reset) would solve the given excuse without forcing marshals to choose between good league organization and league security.  Again, what is the rush?

League Activity was voted as one of the best features of the year on our Facebook servers, I doubt that would be possible if people simply decided it is not worth arguing while still disliking the feature just as much. And from experience I can tell, that if players really do not like something, they continue bringing it up frequently - which is not a bad thing, of course, but it serves to illustrate the point. When the League Activity comes to our Plarium Portal servers you will see for yourself that it is not as bad as it may appear from an outside perspective. 
Mar 22, 2018, 13:2403/22/18
01/26/15

OK, so maybe I missed this, but I was getting a headache reading all the same thing throughout this thread. I think it is ludicrous to allow a non-officer to remove a member period. 

So 60% league activity. Is there a place that we as marshals can see that stat for our league?

LW 
MariusAdmin
Mar 22, 2018, 13:4003/22/18
09/04/17
lwonderly said:

OK, so maybe I missed this, but I was getting a headache reading all the same thing throughout this thread. I think it is ludicrous to allow a non-officer to remove a member period. 

So 60% league activity. Is there a place that we as marshals can see that stat for our league?

LW 
Yes, you will be able to see League Activity. And if it falls below 60% there will be a warning sign with a countdown of 14 days.
Mar 22, 2018, 17:1703/22/18
Mar 22, 2018, 17:43(edited)
12/13/14

hwellshan said:

What complete idiot came up with these updates  ? 

you cannot randomly give a marshal role to anyone.. they paid they decide who gets a league. 

dismiss a league.. a bought and paid for league... 100 % inactive leagues that i understand. some players have a league and play alone.. they do not get a holiday cannot have a break come back .. leagues gone as you did not leave a  % of one person playing 

This is a great way for a main account to transfer sapphires from alt accounts

Get your alts to spend 2000 sapphires creating new leagues, then step in and take the marshal's job
(We have seen that stepping in as temporary league marshal is also a great way to get VIP status)

Wait until the league is dismissed, then when you join another league plarium will refund the 2000 sapphires to you - dont forget to demote your alts to neophyte

Money for nothing and chicks for free :)

Mar 22, 2018, 22:0303/22/18
Mar 23, 2018, 19:22(edited)
12/13/14

Been playing since 2013 and just discovered that we have been doing it all wrong

Logging in every day is a mug's game

Take a break

The rewards for inactivity are so much better than anything we get for playing lol
Professor Falken was right

https://prnt.sc/iuyc68

https://prnt.sc/iuye0s

https://prnt.sc/iuyvmk

https://prnt.sc/iuydgu

Edit: Maybe I didn't make this clear, but these are the rewards for loggin in after a break  ... just keep taking breaks and then login to a new bucketful of rewards

It helps if you google "Professor Falken"  LOL

Mar 23, 2018, 14:0603/23/18
Mar 23, 2018, 14:14(edited)
09/29/16

Dimitri Molchanov said:

I would suggest reading the Terms of Use, Arbitration and Refund Policies, as well as remembering that Stormfall is a free-to-play game. You do not pay to play it, you can make specific in-game purchases and if you have issues with those our Support will, of course, do their utmost to assist you once an appropriate ticket has been submitted.

The matter of League Activity has been a hot topic of our Facebook servers before it was implemented. However, once players had a chance to see if live the outrage quickly died down. There are plenty of ways to keep your League afloat even if it is small. Members who have sadly passed away do not count towards League activity, if someone is unable to log in for a while they can be temporarily demoted or the League can rely on other members to create the necessary activity. Keep in mind that it is not disbanded immediately, you would have 14 days to make sure activity goes above 60%. In addition to that, high League activity allows everyone in the League to receive rewards - something that sometimes gets forgotten in the worries about potential issues.

Dimitri,

I understand the legalesgue you had to post in response to the very valid rants of someone who said what many of us feel so very often.

But then I ask you read my post a couple of spots above and have a good think on it.

Everything a decent league marshal does across all platforms and servers, day in and day out, is to get all his members to support each other. As someone I very much respect said a coupla days ago "get everyone to play for the team, rather than the individual". 

Unfortunately, said teamwork means that eventually some members still do go inactive. Maybe they will come back one day. Maybe they got frustrated. Maybe they had too much Wyvern doos in their yard. Maybe they found someone nice and decided to go play mini golf every night together instead. 

But the TEAM helped build that castle - and the accompanying friendship - NOT Plarium.

I am responsible for my team. They will eat my donkey if I fook up. Only I and my trusted captains should decide who gets booted cause they have been out playing "mini golf" for 44 days in a  row.
NeversmilexCommunity Manager
Mar 23, 2018, 14:1003/23/18
10/24/16

Snowgoon said:

Been playing since 2013 and just discovered that we have been doing it all wrong

Take a break

The rewards for inactivity are so much better than anything we get for playing lol

Hi, Snowgoon!

Thanks for finding time and providing the screenshots! I'm glad to hear that you like the rewards for the in-game activity.

I'm not sure about the plans to rework the Daily Loyalty Roll as well, however, I think that it might happen as well in future.

We'll do our best to keep you posted on this, so stay tuned!

Mar 23, 2018, 14:1603/23/18
Mar 23, 2018, 14:22(edited)
09/29/16

Paul Gladkiy said:

Snowgoon said:

Take a break

Hi, Snowgoon!

Thanks for finding time and providing the screenshots! I'm glad to hear that you like the rewards for the in-game activity.

I'm not sure about the plans to rework the Daily Loyalty Roll as well, however, I think that it might happen as well in future.

We'll do our best to keep you posted on this, so stay tuned!

Did that just happen? Or am I daydreaming?

You might want to read OP and your response again, Paul. lol
Mar 23, 2018, 19:1003/23/18
Mar 23, 2018, 19:55(edited)
12/13/14

Dimitri Molchanov said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

The outrage did not die down because the players liked it.

League Activity was voted as one of the best features of the year on our Facebook servers, I doubt that would be possible if people simply decided it is not worth arguing while still disliking the feature just as much. And from experience I can tell, that if players really do not like something, they continue bringing it up frequently - which is not a bad thing, of course, but it serves to illustrate the point. When the League Activity comes to our Plarium Portal servers you will see for yourself that it is not as bad as it may appear from an outside perspective. 

Big leagues will have liked this because the penalties did not apply to them, and they were getting FREE paragon/prestige activation every day - simple bribery
They also hoped that their enemy's beacon and fort defense would be severely weakened as inactives were booted, but this never happened

Ask them again now and you could get a very different answer, when all they get is a few resources and prestige points, because you NERFED the rewards

These are the BEST rewards now, 3 paragon points - http://prntscr.com/ivgxhs

But this will always be a terrible idea for all smaller (non-coiner) leagues ... especially on plarium.com servers where the gap between coiners and non-coiners has been exploited to the full
Big leagues will get bigger, and ALL smaller leagues will get much smaller ... or simply get disbanded

Mar 24, 2018, 01:5803/24/18
05/14/16
Dimitri Molchanov said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Was it real voting or Russian voting?
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 24, 2018, 04:2703/24/18
10/04/13
Knightmare said:

Dimitri Molchanov said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Was it real voting or Russian voting?
Maybe all the bots voted for it, I hear they're real good about logging in every day :P
Mar 26, 2018, 05:0503/26/18
08/21/14

Dimitri said, "When the League Activity comes to our Plarium Portal servers you will see for yourself that it is not as bad as it may appear from an outside perspective".

I played on FB for most of the past 3 years.  I returned to Plarium late last year to get away from all the crapola on FB.  The ONLY thing I like on FB over Plarium is the 50% resource protection.

I don't mind the result of the league dismissal so much as I hate the short timing used and principal behind it.  The end result does not always justify the means.

Maybe that was overshadowed somewhat by giving booting rights to Commanders and Fighters.   There is seriously something wrong in the head of whoever thought this was reasonable or a good idea.  League management is the job of the League Marshal, NOT Plarium.

Mar 26, 2018, 05:1603/26/18
08/21/14
I also cannot find anything about League dismissal being voted the best feature of 2017.  I'm not saying it wasn't.  I just couldn't find it, but then I'm not really sure where that information is. I'll keep looking, though.  I did find an admin poll in the FB community page that showed league chests were the best feature, though they were later removed, then replaced with junk.  Next was unit experience and ability to trade items for resources, followed by Mar'eth Quests and Hero Abilites.   That poll had few votes (<500), so i wouldn't trust its results.>
Mar 27, 2018, 14:1203/27/18
02/29/16

Aegon Targaryen said:

I also cannot find anything about League dismissal being voted the best feature of 2017.  I'm not saying it wasn't.  I just couldn't find it, but then I'm not really sure where that information is. I'll keep looking, though.  I did find an admin poll in the FB community page that showed league chests were the best feature, though they were later removed, then replaced with junk.  Next was unit experience and ability to trade items for resources, followed by Mar'eth Quests and Hero Abilites.   That poll had few votes (<500),>

Hello. 

This feature was voted as the second best feature on Sparta Facebook servers and it took the 4th place on Stormfall Facebook vote.
Mar 28, 2018, 10:2103/28/18
02/29/16
roadstar Pitbull said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

I also cannot find anything about League dismissal being voted the best feature of 2017.  I'm not saying it wasn't.  I just couldn't find it, but then I'm not really sure where that information is. I'll keep looking, though.  I did find an admin poll in the FB community page that showed league chests were the best feature, though they were later removed, then replaced with junk.  Next was unit experience and ability to trade items for resources, followed by Mar'eth Quests and Hero Abilites.   That poll had few votes (<500),>

Hello. 

This feature was voted as the second best feature on Sparta Facebook servers and it took the 4th place on Stormfall Facebook vote.

So yet again,, something that has nothing to do with this server, or should ever have anything to do with this server.

And yet, polling brought up again,,, within other servers/forums... hummmmm
Taking into account this feature is not added to plarium.com servers yet, it's logical that the feedback about it was gathered from the servers where League activity feature is already present :)
Mar 29, 2018, 03:1403/29/18
08/21/14

Wait a sec....the Devs used feedback from SPARTA?  Seriously?   While I understand they're similar with different themes, they're not the exact same player base.  Some may play both and even more, but the ONLY player base that should affect features on SF are those that play SF and the associated feedback on SF community page.

The poll I saw had league dismissal ranked in the lower 10, but as I said...it had fewer than 500 votes total, so I don't exactly trust it.  I played on FB nearly every day and I do not remember seeing any poll other than the one I mentioned.   If I didn't see it, I'm sure most of the FB community didn't see it, either.

I know of exactly zero people on FB that liked league dismissal.  Most were placated somewhat by the Paragon activation bonus given with league activity bonuses, but when that was taken away, many fell back to 'well, they removed the one thing I actually liked about it" grumbling.

This thread is not about league dismissal, though it has evolved into it.  The thread is about Plarium giving commanders and fighters the right to boot others.  I challenge anyone to show a single player out of the millions that supposedly play FB SF that approve of this 'feature'.

BiohazarDModerator
Mar 29, 2018, 09:3603/29/18
10/04/13
Aegon Targaryen said:

Wait a sec....the Devs used feedback from SPARTA?  Seriously?   While I understand they're similar with different themes, they're not the exact same player base.  Some may play both and even more, but the ONLY player base that should affect features on SF are those that play SF and the associated feedback on SF community page.

The poll I saw had league dismissal ranked in the lower 10, but as I said...it had fewer than 500 votes total, so I don't exactly trust it.  I played on FB nearly every day and I do not remember seeing any poll other than the one I mentioned.   If I didn't see it, I'm sure most of the FB community didn't see it, either.

I know of exactly zero people on FB that liked league dismissal.  Most were placated somewhat by the Paragon activation bonus given with league activity bonuses, but when that was taken away, many fell back to 'well, they removed the one thing I actually liked about it" grumbling.

This thread is not about league dismissal, though it has evolved into it.  The thread is about Plarium giving commanders and fighters the right to boot others.  I challenge anyone to show a single player out of the millions that supposedly play FB SF that approve of this 'feature'.

I'm sure some of the people who like sneaking into leagues and booting everybody approve of it :P
Mar 29, 2018, 10:0003/29/18
02/29/16

Aegon Targaryen said:

Wait a sec....the Devs used feedback from SPARTA? Seriously? 

No, while gathering the feedback it's done separately for Sparta and Stormfall. As you said these are different games though the features are very similar. 

Dimitri is working as Community Manager on Sparta. So, he took this example from there. Sorry for the confusion :(

As for the rights of Commanders and Fighters to remove inactive players from the League, devs already accepted the suggestion to give Marshal a right to choose who exactly from Commanders and Fighters will have such opportunity. This change will be added to the game in one of the next updates.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.