All Categories

Why are lower ranks allowed to kick members?

Why are lower ranks allowed to kick members?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Feb 2, 2018, 15:5602/02/18
02/29/16
Limad said:

Hi Alina, so can you confirm that you've taken into account our feedback and you've told the Development team in no uncertain terms that everyone is against this proposed change? Cos it kinda looks like you're just ignoring this thread. 
Yes, the feedback was forwarded to devs :)
Feb 2, 2018, 16:3002/02/18
02/29/16

ThatGuy said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Jezebel said:

NON OFFICERS SHOULD NOT HAVE THIS POWER PERIOD.

What is the point in having ranks within a league if you are going to blatantly disregard the structure you created in the game to begin with?

Lady Jezebel, it doesn't disregard the structure in any way. This feature just adds more responsibility for Marshals while ruling their League. They just need to set strict policy regarding players removal.

As others have pointed out, the devs are adding a feature to the game that allows lower ranked players to kick others from the league once they become "inactive" by Plarium standards.  Regardless of policy and rules a Marshall can set, it does not change the fact that anyone in that rank can kick an "inactive" player.  They might catch heck for it later, but by then,the damage is done.

Consider what can cause a player to be inactive.  Vacation is a big one.  Military members play this game and when they're deployed, they don't always have ready access to internet...so the devs want people out serving their country to come back leagueless and with everything they had in the fort destroyed?  How about natural disasters?  As anyone reading the news over the summer knows, that can easily leave those in the most hard hit areas without power for more than 2 weeks.  While I'm sure a game would be the last worry on their minds, it would be the crappy cherry on top of the hell they'd already been through to come back to the game only to discover they're leagueless and all their fort defense was out in the open and destroyed by PvP hunters.

Before this "feature", they could be fairly secure that as long as the Marshall and Captains knew what was going on, their spot was secure.  

While I do believe this change was well intentioned, nobody wants to see the league they've spent their whole game building dismissed, I see the execution of it as not very well thought out.  Of course, I'm also strongly opposed to dismissing "inactive" leagues because its just flat out disrespectful to the players.  

Hello!

Even if some members of your League become inactive (no matter for what reason), it doesn't mean you or anyone else need to remove them. 

1. If the activity doesn't drop below 60%, you can stay the things as they are and don't change anything.

2. If the activity dropped below 60%. The inactive players still have 14 days left to come back to the game.

3. If the activity dropped below 60%, 13 days have passed and the inactive players are still inactive. You can move them to the Neophytes and they still will stay in your League and won't affect the League activity.
BiohazarDModerator
Feb 4, 2018, 05:3102/04/18
10/04/13
Limad said:

If you guys are going to push ahead with the Commanders and Fighters thing, then there's a very simple safeguard that you can put in place. Add a new column in the "Warriors" tab, "Can remove inactive players". This should default to "No" for all ranks below Captain. That way smaller leagues who might have semi-active Marshall or Captains can nominate someone they trust to do the deed if looks like the league will be disbanded. If they haven't logged in in time to nominate someone, then frankly the league deserves to be dismissed so the active players can find a better, more active league. 

Think of it like this, you're kindly giving us the ability to allow two extra ranks to remove players, so each League Marshall / Captain should have the ability to say "Thanks, but no thanks". 

I can't be bothered going back though the various threads, but I don't think it was suggested before. Feel free to kick holes in this, anyone. 

I think that has been suggested before, but it's still a good idea.  
Feb 4, 2018, 09:1502/04/18
08/31/15
Alina Phoenix said:

ThatGuy said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Jezebel said:

What is the point in having ranks within a league if you are going to blatantly disregard the structure you created in the game to begin with?

Lady Jezebel, it doesn't disregard the structure in any way. This feature just adds more responsibility for Marshals while ruling their League. They just need to set strict policy regarding players removal.

As others have pointed out, the devs are adding a feature to the game that allows lower ranked players to kick others from the league once they become "inactive" by Plarium standards.  Regardless of policy and rules a Marshall can set, it does not change the fact that anyone in that rank can kick an "inactive" player.  They might catch heck for it later, but by then,the damage is done.

Consider what can cause a player to be inactive.  Vacation is a big one.  Military members play this game and when they're deployed, they don't always have ready access to internet...so the devs want people out serving their country to come back leagueless and with everything they had in the fort destroyed?  How about natural disasters?  As anyone reading the news over the summer knows, that can easily leave those in the most hard hit areas without power for more than 2 weeks.  While I'm sure a game would be the last worry on their minds, it would be the crappy cherry on top of the hell they'd already been through to come back to the game only to discover they're leagueless and all their fort defense was out in the open and destroyed by PvP hunters.

Before this "feature", they could be fairly secure that as long as the Marshall and Captains knew what was going on, their spot was secure.  

While I do believe this change was well intentioned, nobody wants to see the league they've spent their whole game building dismissed, I see the execution of it as not very well thought out.  Of course, I'm also strongly opposed to dismissing "inactive" leagues because its just flat out disrespectful to the players.  

Hello!

Even if some members of your League become inactive (no matter for what reason), it doesn't mean you or anyone else need to remove them. 

1. If the activity doesn't drop below 60%, you can stay the things as they are and don't change anything.

2. If the activity dropped below 60%. The inactive players still have 14 days left to come back to the game.

3. If the activity dropped below 60%, 13 days have passed and the inactive players are still inactive. You can move them to the Neophytes and they still will stay in your League and won't affect the League activity.
Doesn't mean anyone HAS to, but the change has made it so that many who are not directly in league leadership CAN kick "inactive" players.  This will likely lead to either a) fewer players getting promoted because Marshall does not want the rank and file able to kick members for any reason or b) People who should not have been kicked getting booted because the Marshall did not know about the "feature" and did not share info about vacation/deployment/etc with those in ranks that could boot the player, and c) Spies intentionally getting promoted to ranks high enough to kick inactives specifically to weaken the league and cause strife among the members.
Feb 4, 2018, 17:1402/04/18
Feb 4, 2018, 17:56(edited)
12/13/14

Alina Phoenix said:

If the League Marshal is active then no changes are needed (nor wanted)

If the League Marshal is inactive then the league is probably doomed anyway, so these changes will not help. Just auto-promote any active officer to Marshal

Plarium just loves to micro-manage everything, and usually makes things worse

Remove all inactive leagues with inactive marshals and level zero fortresses .... then go back to the drawing board
Feb 5, 2018, 13:2702/05/18
02/29/16

ThatGuy said:

Alina Phoenix said:

ThatGuy said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Jezebel said:

Hello!

Doesn't mean anyone HAS to, but the change has made it so that many who are not directly in league leadership CAN kick "inactive" players.  This will likely lead to either a) fewer players getting promoted because Marshall does not want the rank and file able to kick members for any reason or b) People who should not have been kicked getting booted because the Marshall did not know about the "feature" and did not share info about vacation/deployment/etc with those in ranks that could boot the player, and c) Spies intentionally getting promoted to ranks high enough to kick inactives specifically to weaken the league and cause strife among the members.

Thanks for your feedback everyone! :)

I'll forward it to devs once again and will ask whether they consider adding such option.
Mar 14, 2018, 05:5603/14/18
08/21/14

IMO, no league should be dismissed unless it remains below 60% activity for more than 30 days with an active marshal. If a Marshal is inactive for more than 14 days, then the title of Marshal should automatically go to the next highest ranking active member (active meaning in last 14 days) with an in game mail notifying them and the league of this change. If there is more than 1 active member of the next highest rank, then it should go to the player with most consecutive log ins or most log ins in past 14 days. At this point, the 30 day timer should restart with the new Marshal. Should the new marshal become inactive for more than 14 days, then the system should repeat itself. In the meantime, the new marshal now has a month to recruit more players and manage his/her league to greater than 60% activity.

The auto appointment of a new Marshal due to >14 day marshal inactivity would COMPLETELY remove any need to give booting rights to Fighters and Commanders.

I decided a few months ago to return to Plarium.com due to some of the changes in FB. I hope if league dismissal gets implemented in Plarium.com, these suggestions are taken into consideration.  Other than the 50% resource protection FB has, I prefer Plarium.com platform.

Mar 14, 2018, 09:2003/14/18
02/29/16

Aegon Targaryen said:

IMO, no league should be dismissed unless it remains below 60% activity for more than 30 days with an active marshal. If a Marshal is inactive for more than 14 days, then the title of Marshal should automatically go to the next highest ranking active member (active meaning in last 14 days) with an in game mail notifying them and the league of this change. If there is more than 1 active member of the next highest rank, then it should go to the player with most consecutive log ins or most log ins in past 14 days. At this point, the 30 day timer should restart with the new Marshal. Should the new marshal become inactive for more than 14 days, then the system should repeat itself. In the meantime, the new marshal now has a month to recruit more players and manage his/her league to greater than 60% activity.

The auto appointment of a new Marshal due to >14 day marshal inactivity would COMPLETELY remove any need to give booting rights to Fighters and Commanders.

I decided a few months ago to return to Plarium.com due to some of the changes in FB. I hope if league dismissal gets implemented in Plarium.com, these suggestions are taken into consideration.  Other than the 50% resource protection FB has, I prefer Plarium.com platform.

Hello :)

Thanks for your suggestions! If a Marshal doesn't sign in to the game for more than 14 days and gets status of an inactive member, he has 7 days more before losing his status of Marshal.  If he fails to Sign-In during this 7 days period  Marshal Rank is granted to randomly selected Active League Member of lower Rank.

If the Marshal becomes inactive, it doesn't mean that the whole League will be dismissed. Of course, unless the League activity goes below 60% because of inactivity of this one player.

Mar 15, 2018, 01:3303/15/18
Mar 15, 2018, 01:37(edited)
12/18/14

Alina Phoenix said:

Thanks for your suggestions! If a Marshal doesn't sign in to the game for more than 14 days and gets status of an inactive member, he has 7 days more before losing his status of Marshal.  If he fails to Sign-In during this 7 days period  Marshal Rank is granted to randomly selected Active League Member of lower Rank.

If the Marshal becomes inactive, it doesn't mean that the whole League will be dismissed. Of course, unless the League activity goes below 60% because of inactivity of this one player.

so I could never take a holiday without internet connection for more than 3 weeks or become ill and unable to log in and my league could be given to "just anybody"

Considering I paid to create the league and have invested time and effort for my league that is bogus - what would be better is to make a Deputy Marshall position so that a Marshall can appoint someone they know and trust to take over if something happens where the Marshall becomes ill, goes on holiday for an extended period, has real life issues that prevent him/her from logging or heaven forbid passes away

I would rather choose the person to take over my league than just give it randomly to someone who doesn't care about it or the membership.  I trust my Captains but not all of them would want to be the Marshall and I would rather choose the person best suited for the position (even if its temporary).
Mar 15, 2018, 08:0703/15/18
08/21/14

I suppose random lower rank is better than nothing, but still not a good solution.  It really should be highest active ranking member with a pre-selected Captain (should this ability exist) being given priority. 

While most leagues likely won't drop below 60% with just the marshal, I think a few could.   The smaller the league, the greater the percentage each member represents to the league.   A marshal barely holding on to the 60% activity level that then goes inactive for a month, while 2 or 3 other actives go inactive or leave the league could spell doom for the league.  This is why I suggest resetting the dismissal timer anytime a new marshal is designated.  If league dismissal becomes a reality in Plarium SF, once the system in place, there doesn't need to be any unreasonable rush.  Another 30 days to give the new marshal time to save the league (and/or the old marshal to return) shouldn't really be a problem.

I believe the biggest risk of dismissal most leagues with inactive marshals will face is during the weeks after initial implementation.  If the league is already below 60% activity, there won't be time for a new marshal to be selected to bring the league activity above 60%.  Allowing 30 days below 60% and resetting the timer any time a new marshal is auto selected (not manually selected) should be a good compromise.  What's an extra month or two on a few leagues that were questionable?

Will the 'log in status' of all league members be reset to "today" if and when league dismissal is implemented?

Mar 15, 2018, 10:3603/15/18
02/29/16
djmoody said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Marshal Rank is granted to randomly selected Active League Member of lower Rank.

Surely you meant to say, randomly selected active captain?

If there are active Captains, then yes.
Mar 15, 2018, 10:3803/15/18
02/29/16

Jezebel said:

Alina Phoenix said:

so I could never take a holiday without internet connection for more than 3 weeks or become ill and unable to log in and my league could be given to "just anybody"

Considering I paid to create the league and have invested time and effort for my league that is bogus - what would be better is to make a Deputy Marshall position so that a Marshall can appoint someone they know and trust to take over if something happens where the Marshall becomes ill, goes on holiday for an extended period, has real life issues that prevent him/her from logging or heaven forbid passes away

I would rather choose the person to take over my league than just give it randomly to someone who doesn't care about it or the membership.  I trust my Captains but not all of them would want to be the Marshall and I would rather choose the person best suited for the position (even if its temporary).

The suggestion for such Rank as Deputy Marshal was forwarded to devs already. 

For now, if you know you're going to the long vacation and you won't be able to enter the game for a long period of time, you can give Marshal position to the Captain you trust by yourself and then he will appoint you as a Marshal again once you're back.

Mar 15, 2018, 10:5803/15/18
02/29/16

Aegon Targaryen said:

I suppose random lower rank is better than nothing, but still not a good solution.  It really should be highest active ranking member with a pre-selected Captain (should this ability exist) being given priority. 

While most leagues likely won't drop below 60% with just the marshal, I think a few could.   The smaller the league, the greater the percentage each member represents to the league.   A marshal barely holding on to the 60% activity level that then goes inactive for a month, while 2 or 3 other actives go inactive or leave the league could spell doom for the league.  This is why I suggest resetting the dismissal timer anytime a new marshal is designated.  If league dismissal becomes a reality in Plarium SF, once the system in place, there doesn't need to be any unreasonable rush.  Another 30 days to give the new marshal time to save the league (and/or the old marshal to return) shouldn't really be a problem.

I believe the biggest risk of dismissal most leagues with inactive marshals will face is during the weeks after initial implementation.  If the league is already below 60% activity, there won't be time for a new marshal to be selected to bring the league activity above 60%.  Allowing 30 days below 60% and resetting the timer any time a new marshal is auto selected (not manually selected) should be a good compromise.  What's an extra month or two on a few leagues that were questionable?

Will the 'log in status' of all league members be reset to "today" if and when league dismissal is implemented?

The Status of Marshal is already shifted based on priority:

Rank Priority for Marshal Replacement: Captain > Commander  > Fighter  > Ambassador  > Knight  > Ranger > Guardian  > Soldier > Recruit.

This is why I suggest resetting the dismissal timer anytime a new marshal is designated.

Unfortunately, this suggestion can't be implemented. If the League activity went below 60% because of the inactive Marshal, once the new active Marshal is assigned, it will go above 60% and the timer will disappear.

Devs won't remove the timer when the new Marshall is assigned,, but the activity is still below 60% as in this way League members can just postpone the dismissal of the League. 

If an inactive player logs in to the game, his Status will be changed to "Today".

Mar 15, 2018, 20:2003/15/18
08/03/14

most of my players are only ranked soldier anyway.  that was to combat another plarium fail of allowing alts and spys.  so now to keep spies from peeking into fortresses and beacons, everyone is a soldier. 

Hasnt seemed to bother the members much. 

just another way us marshals have to learn to unscrew plariums screw ups. 
Mar 16, 2018, 03:1703/16/18
12/31/14
Alina Phoenix said:

Jezebel said:

Alina Phoenix said:

For now, if you know you're going to the long vacation and you won't be able to enter the game for a long period of time, you can give Marshal position to the Captain you trust by yourself and then he will appoint you as a Marshal again once you're back.

and if the Marshall has some type of real life emergency and cannot log into the game to do this?
Mar 16, 2018, 11:3003/16/18
02/29/16
Callum said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Jezebel said:

Alina Phoenix said:

and if the Marshall has some type of real life emergency and cannot log into the game to do this?
Then his status will be moved to the randomly chosen active Captain and once back Marshal can ask this Captain to give him his rights back :)
Mar 18, 2018, 15:0503/18/18
Mar 18, 2018, 15:07(edited)
09/29/16

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

This feature was added in terms of the League Activity feature that is not added to plarium.com servers yet.

Even with this change, not anyone can delete anyone. Only Commanders and Fighters received a new previlege of deleting the inactive players of the lower Ranks. 

It was done in case Marshal or Captains are not in time to delete the inactive players and save the League from being dismissed.

To prevent the situation when inactive player is deleted and Marshal doesn't know who did it, devs plan to start adding this information to the Heralds reports. So, it will be clear who did what he shouldn't.

As for the League Chests, they won't be added back as before, but at least devs added them to some Special offers again

Alina, 

Please do not add this feature to Plarium.com ever!!

Smaller leagues keep inactive members around for eventual league achievements. We need the league membership count.

I spent resources on those inactives. I sent them scrolls to build their castles. We looked after them till the day they went inactive.

It was an investment on them and our league. 

Seriously a bad update to the game. Only the marshal and trusted captains know how much we did for those castles in the past.

Mar 19, 2018, 10:3403/19/18
07/25/15
Jaywalker SC said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

This feature was added in terms of the League Activity feature that is not added to plarium.com servers yet.

Even with this change, not anyone can delete anyone. Only Commanders and Fighters received a new previlege of deleting the inactive players of the lower Ranks. 

It was done in case Marshal or Captains are not in time to delete the inactive players and save the League from being dismissed.

To prevent the situation when inactive player is deleted and Marshal doesn't know who did it, devs plan to start adding this information to the Heralds reports. So, it will be clear who did what he shouldn't.

As for the League Chests, they won't be added back as before, but at least devs added them to some Special offers again

Alina, 

Please do not add this feature to Plarium.com ever!!

Smaller leagues keep inactive members around for eventual league achievements. We need the league membership count.

I spent resources on those inactives. I sent them scrolls to build their castles. We looked after them till the day they went inactive.

It was an investment on them and our league. 

Seriously a bad update to the game. Only the marshal and trusted captains know how much we did for those castles in the past.

They keep every "inactive" castle around on the map as raid content, why they absolutely want to kick inactives from a league is beyond me tbh. Should be the choice of the league to keep an inactive around or not. Not Plarium...
Mar 20, 2018, 02:5403/20/18
02/09/17

What complete idiot came up with these updates  ? 

the command of a league know what is happening in  RL we have talks with the real players... we know who is in the armed forces... who has health issues and needs time off... and so what do plarium do to small leagues... because the smaller the league less players you can have with real life. demote them  !   lets advertise to everyone in the war game who is not around for a while.... 

lets give away a marshals league  ! they only paid for it.... give it to a random person not of there choice and hope they give it back after a marshal had a car accident .. was having to deal with a natural disaster .. was kidnapped who knows  !!! life happens ...  

you cannot randomly give a marshal role to anyone.. they paid they decide who gets a league. 

dismiss a league.. a bought and paid for league... 100 % inactive leagues that i understand. some players have a league and play alone.. they do not get a holiday cannot have a break come back .. leagues gone as you did not leave a  % of one person playing 

we are real humans  !! do your developers get that  ??  Humans with lives not a cash cow you can ignore and just milk... we do not want these silly changes  !!! fix beacons put a force limit in  !! and do it now  !!! change the defence / offence mechanics .. you were told that  off/def balance was an issue... and what do you do ... new units in packs cannot build any... buy this buy that 

you just cannot listen  ! we tell you fix things .. and sticking your heads up your rears and playing a server which gives you zero comprehension of the game we play daily.. you will never learn  ! you are paid to turn up to stormfall daily.. we pay your wages and not the other way round ... do your employers sound happy  ?? impressed with your work... or do we all sound ready to throw our shares in your company to the fire and go find a company that does not ignore us when every 20 seconds another pop up asks for  MORE MONEY  and you ignore us... sickening 
Mar 20, 2018, 03:2003/20/18
02/09/17

we can always try this another way 

this is a product a game ... and its a game with serious faults. you advertise an sell this game worldwide and in the  UK.  The consumer rights act 2015 requires all products to be fit for purpose. clearly  stormfall is not fit for purpose so unless a developer gets on this forum and gives me a date when the faulty product i have purchased will be repaired. i intend to go to  Trading  standards with screen shots of years of customers telling you that your product is faulty and needs to be fixed.  Alternatively a representative can tell every  UK customer when a full and complete refund of every penny we have invested in your faulty not fit for purpose product will be made. 

i am sure consumer protection in various countries can prosecute you also with the overwhelming body of evidence available of your customers repeatedly telling you that the product... and it is a product you sell is faulty

i advise you not to delete my post and attempt to conceal it... 

i do not want a response from a community manager who has never used the product we use... because a test server is not the same product

you tell me how demanding after a long period of paying for a product and service you dare demand we have it removed from us if we do not use it for a short period of time.. resulting in a loss of product / service and breaching consumer law. 

i do expect you have a legal department and they may want to check the legality of your services in every country in the world 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.