Browsers, Flash and Plarium's "Solution"

Browsers, Flash and Plarium's "Solution"

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Jan 7, 2021, 08:5801/07/21
11/05/15

tbh you just backed me up in just how a horrfic experience it was for ALL of us 

the only point you made that I dont agree with is that the abuse was well deserved, in my opinion outright abuse is never warrented, someones point can be put across far more eloquently without abuse being involved :)

Jan 7, 2021, 11:2401/07/21
Jan 7, 2021, 11:28(edited)
08/09/15
morteeee

tbh you just backed me up in just how a horrfic experience it was for ALL of us 

the only point you made that I dont agree with is that the abuse was well deserved, in my opinion outright abuse is never warrented, someones point can be put across far more eloquently without abuse being involved :)

And what about the abuse to the game community, the customers ?

That experience was horrific not because of the customers reaction to the abuse directed at them, but because of the behaviour of palarium staff.

We get massive game mechanics changes (things like 75% drops in gem rewards for guardians without any notice or warning after being promised notice of game changes here in forums)

The forced migration we are speaking of that DESTROYED many players and forced them to leave sparta? And absolutly no assistance from staff, or even the simple recognition that it was horribly unfair to half the player base. We were told there was no disbalance ?????

The forum bans and threats of account bans by moderators and community managers, because rightly angry players bring these issues to the game community and give fair warning of things we find.

The closed tickets marked solved by support, our only source of assistance since the ask a dev was ended with broken promises to replace it, lies from support and refusal to help inany way. The dismantlilng of vip agents to assist with bugs and problems in game?

I can go on and on.  Just look at the number of people that have left sparta due to the abuse, compared to the number that remain and put up with it.  

When communication fails - people get angry.   Morteee ... Who do you blame for the communication failure?  The customers?

Jan 8, 2021, 14:4801/08/21
11/05/15

I cant comment on what other mods did at the time, I know the only times I have banned people is for serious and/or repeated breaches of forum rules, it was a horrific time for all mods and players and hopefully lessons have been learned so there is never a repeat 

it is also not my place to comment on what plarium staffers did, however yes there was a break down in communication and yes in my opinion it could have been handled better 

Jan 11, 2021, 12:1001/11/21
05/26/16

Why isn't the option for WebGL showing?  Plarium, you will lose so many of your players if you don't migrate the remainder to WebGL., and quickly too!

Jan 11, 2021, 12:1701/11/21
05/26/16

I have spent a lot of time with members explaining the information you gave in Technical Support, and they have readied themselves for migration to WebGL.  We will get flooded with queries, so some information from you will go some way towards fixing this, but please do not just ignore it.   After all the hard work and hours I have put into this game, I am not willing to limp along without our other players. I personally have moved to the App, but my tight PC security does not like it, so I won't be staying around much longer either unless answers are forthcoming.

Jan 11, 2021, 18:1901/11/21
03/07/16

Taking forever to load app and game has been laggy. Not happy with not being able to run browser.

Jan 11, 2021, 20:4101/11/21
11/29/15

Plariums solution is rubbish. I have players who are running alternative forms of flash rather than adobe, these versions work fine, yet plarium is blocking them from the game. They are using chromebooks which can't run the app. 80% of the population of usa use chromebooks, they could still access the  game if they used the alternatives too flsh, but no, Plarium in their wisdom are blocking them and saying "Download the app" yet they don'y or more importantly, won't support chromebooks for the app. FFS plarium get your act together, allow people to still use browsers with alternatives to adobe flash or create an app which will run on chromebooks. You are cutting off a very large section of your own market, limiting your customer base. That is a very bad business decision and makes absolutely no sense. I think you need people in your company who actually understand business, not the cowboys you currently have. It has taken you god knows how long to create an app which is unstable, too restrictive and removes a very large portion of your customer base. Where is the business sense?

Jan 11, 2021, 20:4301/11/21
11/29/15
Bernice

Why isn't the option for WebGL showing?  Plarium, you will lose so many of your players if you don't migrate the remainder to WebGL., and quickly too!

This is what many chromebook users are using, but plarium is blocking them. 80% of the usa use chromebooks.

Jan 11, 2021, 22:1401/11/21
11/29/15
ghost-buster

Stop crying. Players like you destroyed this game. Why do you need more then 10 accounts? dont you have life?

I don't have more than 10 accounts, but I have a friend who is a hegemon who has had cities donated to him by players who leave, he has 10 accounts.. Get your facts straight please.

Jan 13, 2021, 07:2501/13/21
03/07/16

Plarium. why is it taking forever for app to load game?? I thought this was the solution, seems to be more of a problem. I used to go right in on browser.  smh

Jan 13, 2021, 13:3901/13/21
05/26/16

Would someone from support please advise if or when the game is/was migrated to WebGL?  Many players are unable to get into the game and I, myself, would much prefer to play on a browser, although I am using the App at the moment, but my PC security certainly doesn't like it.

I am still being inundated with emails from members who I think will give up soon and just disappear.  They have followed your instructions precisely and their computers are ready, but still they cannot access the game.  I am doing half of your job for you!  I will not be doing it much longer, nor staying in the game if the browser version is not working!

Please give an answer.  Thank you

Jan 13, 2021, 14:2901/13/21
05/26/16

Further question, and some answers would be appreciated, as many players asking me this, so I tried it out myself.

I play on the App, but would prefer to play on a browser.  I have downloaded latest versions of Chrome and Opera, per your instructions, and meet requirements in every way.  

When trying to get into the browser version, the only option I am given is to use the App.  Do I have to uninstall the App before I can revert to the browser version?

Jan 13, 2021, 14:3101/13/21
05/26/16

Hmm, guess all the support staff are either ignoring all these questions or have fallen asleep

Jan 13, 2021, 15:1901/13/21
11/29/15
Bernice

Hmm, guess all the support staff are either ignoring all these questions or have fallen asleep

Hi Bernice, I think that Plarium are deliberately ignoring questions and queries that they don't want to be honest about.

Jan 13, 2021, 17:1601/13/21
05/26/16

Well, Plarium do not seem to be bothered they will lose players without some quick responses.  Sad, as I have enjoyed this game over the years and made many friends from all over the world.  I will give Plarium one more day to answer some of these questions, as their headaches should have improved a bit.  Shame our headaches haven't gone though.

NancyAdmin
Jan 15, 2021, 12:2101/15/21
07/09/19
Jim Amos Jr.

What, exactly, is the process of terminating my account?

Do you want to delete your in-game account and some personal information related to it? 

NancyAdmin
Jan 15, 2021, 12:2501/15/21
Jan 15, 2021, 12:25(edited)
07/09/19
Bracus

Plarium. why is it taking forever for app to load game?? I thought this was the solution, seems to be more of a problem. I used to go right in on browser.  smh

Are there any error messages while trying to load the game? 

NancyAdmin
Jan 15, 2021, 12:4101/15/21
07/09/19
Bernice

Would someone from support please advise if or when the game is/was migrated to WebGL?  Many players are unable to get into the game and I, myself, would much prefer to play on a browser, although I am using the App at the moment, but my PC security certainly doesn't like it.

I am still being inundated with emails from members who I think will give up soon and just disappear.  They have followed your instructions precisely and their computers are ready, but still they cannot access the game.  I am doing half of your job for you!  I will not be doing it much longer, nor staying in the game if the browser version is not working!

Please give an answer.  Thank you

We tested Sparta on the WebGL engine more than 2 years ago. Unfortunately, it didn't show the desired performance results. 

As for PC security, please rest assured that Plarium Play is a secure application. We shared our replies to the frequently asked questions about its security here

NancyAdmin
Jan 15, 2021, 12:5301/15/21
07/09/19
Bernice

Further question, and some answers would be appreciated, as many players asking me this, so I tried it out myself.

I play on the App, but would prefer to play on a browser.  I have downloaded latest versions of Chrome and Opera, per your instructions, and meet requirements in every way.  

When trying to get into the browser version, the only option I am given is to use the App.  Do I have to uninstall the App before I can revert to the browser version?

I'm afraid it's no longer possible to launch the game via a web browser from a PC. Players need to install Plarium Play to continue playing.