All Categories

State of Arena (05.05.2021)

State of Arena (05.05.2021)

Hello, Raiders!

We have been receiving quite a number of questions concerning the current state of affairs in the Classic Arena, and would like to elaborate on what we’re planning to do to improve the situation. The ultimate goal is to make the progression in the Bronze and Silver easier so that the Arena in these Tiers becomes less of a head-against-wall bashing exercise.

Matchmaking adjustments. The changes will only concern tweaking the matchmaking in Bronze and Silver Tiers. We’ll still be filtering the opponents in these Tiers by the player’s account power and level as before, but the pairing in Bronze will be configured in such a way that newbies won’t meet the teams way too much out of their depth, and will be able to steadily progress to Silver. As for Silver, naturally, this Tier will be more challenging than Bronze, but the opponent selection will also be not so harsh. 

As for Gold, where we do not filter opponents by their account power here, and use only the current Arena placement as the main criteria when picking up the opponents, this Tier will remain challenging. Be ready to fight strong opponents here to remain competitive.

Defensive battles. We’ll implement a flexible system to prevent players from being demoted to the lower Tiers too quickly by losing defensive battles in Bronze and Silver Tiers. It is logical to assume, the higher your Tier the greater is the number of points that you can potentially lose in the defensive battles. 

And last but not least. 

While the changes will make the Arena easier in terms of progression, remember that it is still one of the most competitive game elements: keep improving your team, explore different strategies, watch videos dedicated to Arena tactics on YouTube created by enthusiastic players and content creators to increase your knowledge, and you’ll be able to reach higher Tiers, eventually. 

While we cannot reveal the exact date when the Arena adjustments will come to live, we are ready to tell you at least the approximate time of their release. It will happen shortly after the release of version 4.20, but definitely not on the same day. The Arena-oriented update is planned for the first half of May, and the changes will take effect only after server reload.

Guys, we'll continue to closely monitor the situation in the Classic Arena after the upcoming fix goes live, and will make all the additional changes needed to ensure our players have fun in the Arena and enjoy the game.  

That's it for today! Have a wonderful day ahead!  

Views
Comments
May 5, 2021, 14:4505/05/21
May 11, 2021, 18:4705/11/21
09/14/19

Different point of view - if you are dropping from G4 to G2 and you can't get back to G4, you should never have been in G4.

That being said - yeah, Arena matchmaking is broken..but bluntly, Plarium has has over 2yrs to fix it, it's not a priority - no matter that anyone from Plarium says.

May 13, 2021, 18:2705/13/21
09/21/20

So when's this fix coming? Wasn't going to be the day after 4.20 - that ws over a week ago now.

Becuase it's actually getting worse just getting through bronze 1 and into 2.

May 14, 2021, 20:5705/14/21
May 14, 2021, 22:24(edited)
04/13/21

When you play the game actively, you get an easy level in a short time. Our level increases in a short time, but we cannot gain heroes. That's why we match up with players who are at the same level as us in the arena but much stronger than us.

The level is not decisive in the game. There are accounts that have completed 300 daily login missions at low levels.
There are 3-5 legendary heroes.
They rise to the silver league with 30k team power. But I am fighting players with 60-120k team power with my 45k team power. İn bronze arena

Another is player power.
Food heroes are  majority of my player power
I'm having difficulty leveling up fast and keeping food heroes

Topluluk Tarafından Doğrulandı simgesi 

May 15, 2021, 19:5905/15/21
01/03/21

Ok, let's talk about mission progress.

I'm in Missions Part 2 and stuck at "reach silver 1" mission. Let's check this:

After that mission, there are 64 missions and 32 of them completed already!

Other half is easy too. Like "clear stage 5 or higher of the Minataur's Labyrinth 10 times"

I need to complete this missions because of rewards. Part 2 reward is a Sacred Shard, Part 3 reward is 2 legendary books. 

Right now, i only have one legendary with half booked. How can i fight against well equipped and full booked 4 legendary teams???

May 18, 2021, 00:4805/18/21
04/29/20

...so many new content, just inaccessible because of one bugged quest...183 New Progress Missions and no way to get to them, because first we must take Gold 4 Arena - impossible because Arena is Bugged and even with that so waited patch you will fix only bronze and silver...great i must say just great....may i go back after 2 more years and then mission will be accomplishable if in this time Arena is fixed....when you stuck your players on this for, in my case near a half a YEAR, well, they stop even trying....and lose interest....remove that BROKEN thing from Mission line for a God sake, it broke gameplay of all your players from Years...are you dont see that so little part of people can progress in Your New Content because of just one little removable impossible crapy bug...

May 18, 2021, 01:3605/18/21
05/14/19

The biggest problem is the unanounced changes.  A few weeks ago I was living in low G4 or high G3.  Now I'm struggling in S2/S3/S4.  It honestly probably where I belong but now I'm being Cock blocked on the mission progress while facing Trunda/Mountain King/Arbiter teams in Silver.  I'm getting rofl stomped. And it's just frustrating, especially for me because there is nothing that I could have done to prepare for the unanounced change.  Like I said, I'm probably where I belong (so please don't even try with the  "get good" replies), but having to do 5 dailies in arena nearly drive me to quit every time I have to do them.

Lets not forget how this has absolutely stalled all great hall progress.......

May 18, 2021, 10:5305/18/21
04/14/21

Matching players against the correct opponents should be so simple, I don't know why they're trying to over complicate it by looking at a ridiculous metrics such a player power.

Look at the Elo rating system for chess, implement that and you're golden.

Account power, player power, whatever other power you can think of literally doesn't matter. Wins and loses is all that matters.

May 19, 2021, 03:2205/19/21
11/04/20

Pls cofixing mmengamet fix  Bix 

May 20, 2021, 13:2805/20/21
10/17/20

Hello All. Raid est a very great play.

So, It's a problem on Arena. I was on Gold 4 two month ago and now it's very very difficult to evolve on rank Silver 3 or 4. 

The problem is, it's too late to complete Arbiter quest. I'm blocked because it is impossible to climb to Gold 3. All people has still Arbitrer and I loose very often against teams with arbitrer. Arbitrer is a big allie to evolve on Arena.

Maybe could you level down the quest for Arbitrer ? Or equilibrate Arena ?

Best Regards,

May 20, 2021, 13:3005/20/21
01/28/21
Vashtanerada

Matching players against the correct opponents should be so simple, I don't know why they're trying to over complicate it by looking at a ridiculous metrics such a player power.

Look at the Elo rating system for chess, implement that and you're golden.

Account power, player power, whatever other power you can think of literally doesn't matter. Wins and loses is all that matters.

This, 1000000x times. Just implement a simple ELO like system. You'll still earn loads of $$$ (which is the only reason you do the stupid player power matchmaking, lets be real) because people would then hit ELO hell somewhere in Silver and try to spend their ways out of it.

Right now the only option any early/mid game player has is to simply not pull any shards, not get any new champs and strip all their champs off gear to have any chance of progressing in the arena. And thats a fact you can't deny or weasle out of.

I can literally demonstrate it as i've created a dummy account a while back that easily got into Silver III because he had 28k player power total.

May 20, 2021, 13:3305/20/21
02/14/20

Hey!!! What the heck is going on with this new update???

Has not finished downloading yet!!!! hours & Hours!!!!

May 20, 2021, 13:4605/20/21
03/13/20

my question is why not extend the Arena ranks ... Platinum I II III IV and then Dimond or Predator or what ever .... why arent they doing that seems like the proper SOLUTION to this shit show . 

Like if you agree or comment ... idk 

May 20, 2021, 14:0405/20/21
May 20, 2021, 14:04(edited)
01/06/20

Well  see  you  in 10  years  with  the  fix  to  arena  fix

Good  luck  getting  your  arbiter  to  reach  gold  4  to  get  your  arbiter!

May 20, 2021, 14:2005/20/21
06/24/14

this is bigest lie i read last few days!!!!!!!!!! This arena is f shit i give up to play any more. How you fix this problem when in bronse II have teams like this 80k+ power???????????????????????????????

i

i

May 20, 2021, 14:2505/20/21
May 20, 2021, 14:33(edited)
08/08/19

this is how Plarium could do to fix the arena under this follow.

1. the great hall upgrade  should be not to much different :like some1  stil in bronze  shouldnt against some1 in silver or gold

2. the account power:  like some1  with 200k power shouldnt against some1 with 1M power

3. how many epic/ legends of the account: like some1 has only rare and epic champ shouldnt against some1 with  alots legends in their account

OR take off the arena missions for abiter 

May 20, 2021, 14:3005/20/21
May 20, 2021, 14:31(edited)
03/13/20

i

Bronze IV ? 

May 20, 2021, 14:3005/20/21
03/06/21
Oracle

We rely on account power for matchmaking because it is the most flexible parameter, useful to match roughly compatible players from the pool of a wide range of opponents with varying activity and experience. Many other criteria are less reliable in that regard. For instance, though the status of the Great Hall gives a good idea of what a player has achieved at some point, it doesn't imply that at the present moment, the Great Hall reflects the status of the account - it may be that the player just neglected to upgrade the Great Hall for some time. Thus, being a very formidable player, they will show up for much weaker opponents. 

Of course, as many of you pointed out, our current approach to the matchmaking (with account power being an important but not the only factor) has some limitations and drawbacks. That's why we keep monitoring data concerning this area of the game. 

Thank you for the feedback! Let's see how things change after the changes described are activated: there are reasons to believe that things will get a little bit less harsh on the Arena. 

This is so wrong on so many levels.

Why should I choose between going for faction wars and arena/main missions?

Why should I be punished in arena by getting hard/impossible matchmakings just because I have different teams for Clan Boss, Tower, Dungeons and Arena?

This doesn't make sense at all, now I'm being punished for buying shards? I was so dumb to buy shards in this game and now I'm at 500k account power, locked in bronze III because I have only PVE champs, and weak PVP ones.

For two months I'm stuck at the "Get silver medals" mission and you basically tell me that if I want to progress in this game I should delete all my unsued epics from the vault, items and everything that increases account power. No, that's what I've grinded for, I rather delete the game.

May 20, 2021, 14:3205/20/21
03/13/20

i

i

so in Silver I i have to beat ppl from Silver II .... is that how it works now ?

May 20, 2021, 14:4505/20/21
May 20, 2021, 15:07(edited)
07/23/20
Oracle

We rely on account power for matchmaking because it is the most flexible parameter, useful to match roughly compatible players from the pool of a wide range of opponents with varying activity and experience. Many other criteria are less reliable in that regard. For instance, though the status of the Great Hall gives a good idea of what a player has achieved at some point, it doesn't imply that at the present moment, the Great Hall reflects the status of the account - it may be that the player just neglected to upgrade the Great Hall for some time. Thus, being a very formidable player, they will show up for much weaker opponents. 

Of course, as many of you pointed out, our current approach to the matchmaking (with account power being an important but not the only factor) has some limitations and drawbacks. That's why we keep monitoring data concerning this area of the game. 

Thank you for the feedback! Let's see how things change after the changes described are activated: there are reasons to believe that things will get a little bit less harsh on the Arena. 

Flexible is another word for "highly inaccurate". If you really wanted to fix arena " flexible" is not what you should look for. "Accurate" or "as accurate as possible" is.

You don't really want to fix the problem. You just want to convince us that you want. If you indeed wanted, the solution is right there, in front of your eyes!  

There is a very simple match-making parameter and I am not sure why Plarium keeps ignoring the elephant in the room. Well, that was rhetorical, I actually know why. Plarium wants arena to be the championship of the "whales". That's it! You know it and we know it. You won't do anything(I mean anything meaningful) that will change that.

If you want to fix the problem and make the game even more interesting and enjoyable here is the solution:

Matchmaking based on arena composition and arena results ONLY!

Force the player to define his attacking team(as you force him to define his defensive team) and do the matchmaking based on the arena power. What would be simpler than that? That means that when I improve my arena team, I improve on tiers too. 

A more sophisticated system could take into consideration even the number of legendaries, epics, rares, or uncommons in the team. So a player with 2 epics and 2 rares and power team 120k must face(if possible) teams of 120k that also have 1-2 epics and 1-2 rares and not teams that have 4 legendaries. Again very easy and very simple. Players could progress with uncommon champs on their teams. It could encourage new strategies and the use of champs that are not used. It could become "tiers into tiers". Uncommon, common, rare, epic, legendary sub-tier in Bronze and Silver plus the arena power would instantly solve the problem and make the game enjoyable for everyone, and uncommon champ sub-tier in silver 4 or even gold 4 would be extremely interesting but who cares what is interesting, right?

Finally, you could also take into consideration the results of the player as a parameter. A player with 10 wins must face players that from the same "sub-tier" that had 8-12 straight wins if possible. If there isn't any or if there aren't enough then he takes higher sub-tier opponents too.

If you do that, no one will have any reason to complain anymore and the arena problem will be fixed instantly and permanently! 

EDIT: The above have been employed in chess tournaments and have created tournament results that are undeniable(ELO defines a player's strength and it is the equivalent of arena power). Chess at its core is a game too(for chessplayers it's much more than a game but that's another story) so if it works so well in chess why it can't work in Raid? 

May 20, 2021, 14:4705/20/21
11/25/19

Just release platinum 2, 3 and 4 and increase number of players in those tiers-problem solved. All strong players will be in high tiers and will release place for weaker players in lower tiers. So simple.