All Categories

State of Arena (05.05.2021)

State of Arena (05.05.2021)

Hello, Raiders!

We have been receiving quite a number of questions concerning the current state of affairs in the Classic Arena, and would like to elaborate on what we’re planning to do to improve the situation. The ultimate goal is to make the progression in the Bronze and Silver easier so that the Arena in these Tiers becomes less of a head-against-wall bashing exercise.

Matchmaking adjustments. The changes will only concern tweaking the matchmaking in Bronze and Silver Tiers. We’ll still be filtering the opponents in these Tiers by the player’s account power and level as before, but the pairing in Bronze will be configured in such a way that newbies won’t meet the teams way too much out of their depth, and will be able to steadily progress to Silver. As for Silver, naturally, this Tier will be more challenging than Bronze, but the opponent selection will also be not so harsh. 

As for Gold, where we do not filter opponents by their account power here, and use only the current Arena placement as the main criteria when picking up the opponents, this Tier will remain challenging. Be ready to fight strong opponents here to remain competitive.

Defensive battles. We’ll implement a flexible system to prevent players from being demoted to the lower Tiers too quickly by losing defensive battles in Bronze and Silver Tiers. It is logical to assume, the higher your Tier the greater is the number of points that you can potentially lose in the defensive battles. 

And last but not least. 

While the changes will make the Arena easier in terms of progression, remember that it is still one of the most competitive game elements: keep improving your team, explore different strategies, watch videos dedicated to Arena tactics on YouTube created by enthusiastic players and content creators to increase your knowledge, and you’ll be able to reach higher Tiers, eventually. 

While we cannot reveal the exact date when the Arena adjustments will come to live, we are ready to tell you at least the approximate time of their release. It will happen shortly after the release of version 4.20, but definitely not on the same day. The Arena-oriented update is planned for the first half of May, and the changes will take effect only after server reload.

Guys, we'll continue to closely monitor the situation in the Classic Arena after the upcoming fix goes live, and will make all the additional changes needed to ensure our players have fun in the Arena and enjoy the game.  

That's it for today! Have a wonderful day ahead!  

Views
Comments
May 5, 2021, 14:4505/05/21
May 21, 2021, 04:3505/21/21
08/09/20

Please realize that Gold is broken more than Silver and Bronze. Below Gold you can tweak player power manually – Gold is hopeless. I started a second acc recently and easily got into Silver I by reducing my team power and having a good comp. On the main acc I've been stuck in Gold 1-2 for 3 months.

Gold 4 is not achievable without an Arbiter-level champion. Even by Gold II you are facing almost exclusively teams led by an Arbiter that you cannot outrun (Gorgo is my fastest champ). 

The reward progression has to make sense. You cannot require players to have an Arbiter in order to get an Arbiter. It's not a reward then. By that point in your progression you either don't need her at all, or she's surplus to requirement.

May 21, 2021, 06:3705/21/21
May 21, 2021, 06:41(edited)
05/24/20

Let classic arena how it is...... players they should read and lern the game better.... i am in gold 4 over 4 months now and almost in platimum... Plarium stop listen to fake and stupid chipe people....

May 21, 2021, 06:4305/21/21
08/09/20
costas15434

Let classic arena how it is...... players they should read and lern the game better.... i am in gold 4 over 4 months now and almost in platimum... Plarium stop listen to fake and stupid chipe people....

four months ago I also was in Gold 4. They changed something to matchmaking since then and I was relegated to Gold 1. I assume you acquired Arbiter before the change, so you don't care and therefore think the game is easy. It is not so for anyone without her. 

The entirety of community backlash that is boiling now with respect to Bronze and Silver will in a couple of months move to Gold and reheat again.

May 21, 2021, 06:4405/21/21
May 21, 2021, 06:44(edited)
05/24/20

let me come down to bronse and i will show you if is broken

May 21, 2021, 06:4705/21/21
May 21, 2021, 06:47(edited)
05/24/20

Kiwi ... four months ago I also was in Gold 4. They changed something to matchmaking since then and I was relegated to Gold 1. I assume you acquired Arbiter before the change, so you don't care and therefore think the game is easy. It is not so for anyone without her. 

The entirety of community backlash that is boiling now with respect to Bronze and Silver will in a couple of months move to Gold and reheat again. 

i am still here in gold 4 and i am better..... so what is the proplem here.... your team is not good any more for gold 4..... 

May 21, 2021, 06:5005/21/21
05/24/20

i

May 21, 2021, 06:5105/21/21
05/24/20

i

May 21, 2021, 07:4205/21/21
May 21, 2021, 10:10(edited)
08/28/20

No Changes in Silver after Arena Patch,playing all day,same truble with 3 accounts so what they fixed? Dissapointed again,wrost now i am in bronze

May 22, 2021, 13:0105/22/21
11/27/19

Dieses Arenaupdate war genau so sinnvoll wie der Sack Reis der in China umgefallen ist. Man verliert trotzdem immer noch gegen Teams mit einer KR, die 40k niedriger ist als die eigene. Wenn ihr das Update und Vereinfachung nennt kann man euch nur nen Trauerkloß schenken, Effekt und Effizienz gleich 0, was aber zu erwarten war. Man will hier ja keine neuen Spieler haben sondern diejenigen die länger dabei sind vollfüttern. So ein Schrottupdate habe ich Gott sei Dank erwartet, wollte euch nur meine Meinung dazu schreiben!!!

May 22, 2021, 22:1405/22/21
12/23/19

This is me.

I play somewhere around year and a half.   As you probably already guessed, i'm one of the players who focused of collecting champions much more than using them. And i have quite impressing collection.

i

And this is my great hall 

i

I reached gold4 only at this winter

And thats my Arbiter. I get her just few days before the final antipatch. 

i

I was lucky to be on time, because if I was even a few days late, I would never have been able to get this character at all. I feel that i'm one of the last players, who ever get this champoin.
And thats my Arena.

i

Thats not the absolute max i can get, i could move to the begining of gold2, but shold i? Anyway, i will not find any team i can defeat, and i will drop down to gold1. 

I know that gold4 is imposible for my account. Most likely the gold3 too. No grinding, no donating will help me. The only way i can do it - by feeding most of my champions leaving only arena team. Baisically, this means complete demolition of my account and making last year useless spent of time. 

I dont think that i will have will to play this game if that hapened.

May 23, 2021, 05:3705/23/21
02/14/19

learn the mechanics and build your team 

i

May 24, 2021, 19:5505/24/21
07/16/20

WTF?. Was 2650 (gold 3...threshhold is 2600 )at close of play...lost no defensive battles according to log and after the reset/patch suddenly at bottom of gold 2 with NO games played or lost

So a loss of over 350 points and dragged out of tier qualifying score to bottom of lower tier

thats over 35 uninterupted wins to get back where I was?

a massive FU ....zero spending on this buls....t  and uselessly managed money pit that cares nothing for our time

May 24, 2021, 20:0105/24/21
12/25/20

well guys, i had sold a good amount of my artifacts and accessories, and that helped me a bit to finally get back to silver, and get on with my missions. but... one of my oldest and best clanies left the game today as he got fed up with struggling with matchmaking in gold. and he was not a silly nob who wouldnt know how to speed tune a team, im telling u. so... something is not right here. just saying. 

May 25, 2021, 13:1405/25/21
07/23/20

Dear Green knight,

I would agree if Plarium would not require great result (large number of victories on top tier) to progress in the game. For example. I now have a mission which requires me to have 3 tier 10 slots in great hall. Currently I a able to stay in gold 1 or Gold 2 if I am lucky. I already have 2 of those ready from more lucky times when you "fix" the issue by activating bot accounty. To complete the missing I now need 2700 gold medals. Even if I will win every single try that game offers me. I will be able to finish this asigment in about three month - I as its as you said by your self most competetive place in the game. I will most likely not be able to finish it this year. Which in return highly compels me to quit the game.  And I am not mentioning even tournaments which needs me to compete there. Its most frustration part of the game and I even do not have choice if I want to participate. If I want to progress I have to play it extensively and be frustrated every day - Sorry but its realy stupid marketing decision on your side.

May 25, 2021, 19:1505/25/21
01/04/20
Worldowner

This is me.

I play somewhere around year and a half.   As you probably already guessed, i'm one of the players who focused of collecting champions much more than using them. And i have quite impressing collection.

i

And this is my great hall 

i

I reached gold4 only at this winter

And thats my Arbiter. I get her just few days before the final antipatch. 

i

I was lucky to be on time, because if I was even a few days late, I would never have been able to get this character at all. I feel that i'm one of the last players, who ever get this champoin.
And thats my Arena.

i

Thats not the absolute max i can get, i could move to the begining of gold2, but shold i? Anyway, i will not find any team i can defeat, and i will drop down to gold1. 

I know that gold4 is imposible for my account. Most likely the gold3 too. No grinding, no donating will help me. The only way i can do it - by feeding most of my champions leaving only arena team. Baisically, this means complete demolition of my account and making last year useless spent of time. 

I dont think that i will have will to play this game if that hapened.

Account power does not affect  gold or plat. You  have plenty of champs that can hit g4. You  just  need  to  take  the  time  to  get  the  proper  gear. I  hit  g4  several  months  ago  before  I  finished  Arbiter  missions  and  before  I  pulled  Tormin. It's  possible,  trust  me.

May 27, 2021, 05:2305/27/21
May 27, 2021, 05:24(edited)
06/20/20

In another topic I posted an screenshoot of how my arena looks like. Im bouncing in S4/G1 and I see ton of Arbiters starting from S3.

This needs to be corrected somehow, if ppl with worse team were able to stay in G4 more time, enough to complete Arbiter missions not because bots as Plarium has already said but some hearthbreaking generous ppl that put a common champ as defense, and they organized in groups, so players were able to see pages and pages of other players generosity. Now that this ppl left the game and went to help childs in Africa and this made G4 more competitive I think its reasonable that missions that requires Arbiter should adjust to the tier difficulty they were meant.

It does not have sense that to obtain Arbiter one have to obtain any other leggo with 33% spe aura, when most of the ppl that got Arbiter just obtained it with 19% aura. Senseless.

I think you just need to use your data, see in which rank Arbiter starts to be predominant and adjust great hall medals and arena rank to this.

May 27, 2021, 13:2505/27/21
May 27, 2021, 13:28(edited)
01/04/20
Alezz

In another topic I posted an screenshoot of how my arena looks like. Im bouncing in S4/G1 and I see ton of Arbiters starting from S3.

This needs to be corrected somehow, if ppl with worse team were able to stay in G4 more time, enough to complete Arbiter missions not because bots as Plarium has already said but some hearthbreaking generous ppl that put a common champ as defense, and they organized in groups, so players were able to see pages and pages of other players generosity. Now that this ppl left the game and went to help childs in Africa and this made G4 more competitive I think its reasonable that missions that requires Arbiter should adjust to the tier difficulty they were meant.

It does not have sense that to obtain Arbiter one have to obtain any other leggo with 33% spe aura, when most of the ppl that got Arbiter just obtained it with 19% aura. Senseless.

I think you just need to use your data, see in which rank Arbiter starts to be predominant and adjust great hall medals and arena rank to this.

I  know  how  you  feel, I  only  got  my  arbiter  2  months  ago.  But  it  is  very  possible  to  get  to  g4  and  stay  in  g4  without  her.  

You  need  to  get  champs  with  turn  meter  manipulation,  speed  boost,  defense  down  and  a  buff  stripper.  Buff  strippers  are  a  MUST  especially  if  you're  going  second.

You  also  NEED  to  farm  Dragon  for  better  speed  gear.  I  have  run  dragon  ~10,000  times  and  my  arbiter  is  only  at  312  speed.  I'm in  G4  and  I  am  constantly going  second.

Not  only  do  you  need  a  fast  lead,  you  need  enough  speed  gear  to  get  the  rest  of  your  team  fast  enough  too.  It  does  no  good  if  your  speed  booster/turn  manipulator  goes  first  and  the  rest  of  your  team  is  too  slow  to  follow.  

May 28, 2021, 04:0905/28/21
06/20/20
Harbby

I  know  how  you  feel, I  only  got  my  arbiter  2  months  ago.  But  it  is  very  possible  to  get  to  g4  and  stay  in  g4  without  her.  

You  need  to  get  champs  with  turn  meter  manipulation,  speed  boost,  defense  down  and  a  buff  stripper.  Buff  strippers  are  a  MUST  especially  if  you're  going  second.

You  also  NEED  to  farm  Dragon  for  better  speed  gear.  I  have  run  dragon  ~10,000  times  and  my  arbiter  is  only  at  312  speed.  I'm in  G4  and  I  am  constantly going  second.

Not  only  do  you  need  a  fast  lead,  you  need  enough  speed  gear  to  get  the  rest  of  your  team  fast  enough  too.  It  does  no  good  if  your  speed  booster/turn  manipulator  goes  first  and  the  rest  of  your  team  is  too  slow  to  follow.  

I have 291 seeker, deacon too, my team is pretty close to be speed tuned. Indeed at S4/G1 I often go first in the turn and when I do its almost 100% sure I win. And if I lose vs a team which I consider its ok for G1 I dont complain at all.

My complain is only because of the incredible amount of Arbiters that are in G1 and even lower tiers, when Arbiter is meant as a trophy for reaching G4.

This punished the new players (I myself just got the reward of 180 days playing) in two ways:

- They forbid to farm arbiter (and GH medals) in the same easy way others did.

- They force us to have better gear to fight vs ppl who have been given +12% aura speed for free, if we want to progress.

Im not calling for free G4 for everyone, but its so obvious that if the G4 reward is now predominant aura starting from S4 something needs to be done. I think one good solution would be Arbiter dynamic aura, if it is under G4 their aura is lowered to 19% and at G4, which is where it should be, its aura gets full unlocked and becomes 33%.

Another solution could be just do an analysis of where Arbiters starts to be the predominant leader and adjust the missions to be completed at that level.

May 28, 2021, 04:2705/28/21
01/04/20
Alezz

I have 291 seeker, deacon too, my team is pretty close to be speed tuned. Indeed at S4/G1 I often go first in the turn and when I do its almost 100% sure I win. And if I lose vs a team which I consider its ok for G1 I dont complain at all.

My complain is only because of the incredible amount of Arbiters that are in G1 and even lower tiers, when Arbiter is meant as a trophy for reaching G4.

This punished the new players (I myself just got the reward of 180 days playing) in two ways:

- They forbid to farm arbiter (and GH medals) in the same easy way others did.

- They force us to have better gear to fight vs ppl who have been given +12% aura speed for free, if we want to progress.

Im not calling for free G4 for everyone, but its so obvious that if the G4 reward is now predominant aura starting from S4 something needs to be done. I think one good solution would be Arbiter dynamic aura, if it is under G4 their aura is lowered to 19% and at G4, which is where it should be, its aura gets full unlocked and becomes 33%.

Another solution could be just do an analysis of where Arbiters starts to be the predominant leader and adjust the missions to be completed at that level.

Those  solutions  are  actually  pretty  interesting.  I'll  pass  them  up,  though  I  can't  see  the  second  one  being  very  appealing  to  Plarium.