All Categories

State of Arena (05.05.2021)

State of Arena (05.05.2021)

Hello, Raiders!

We have been receiving quite a number of questions concerning the current state of affairs in the Classic Arena, and would like to elaborate on what we’re planning to do to improve the situation. The ultimate goal is to make the progression in the Bronze and Silver easier so that the Arena in these Tiers becomes less of a head-against-wall bashing exercise.

Matchmaking adjustments. The changes will only concern tweaking the matchmaking in Bronze and Silver Tiers. We’ll still be filtering the opponents in these Tiers by the player’s account power and level as before, but the pairing in Bronze will be configured in such a way that newbies won’t meet the teams way too much out of their depth, and will be able to steadily progress to Silver. As for Silver, naturally, this Tier will be more challenging than Bronze, but the opponent selection will also be not so harsh. 

As for Gold, where we do not filter opponents by their account power here, and use only the current Arena placement as the main criteria when picking up the opponents, this Tier will remain challenging. Be ready to fight strong opponents here to remain competitive.

Defensive battles. We’ll implement a flexible system to prevent players from being demoted to the lower Tiers too quickly by losing defensive battles in Bronze and Silver Tiers. It is logical to assume, the higher your Tier the greater is the number of points that you can potentially lose in the defensive battles. 

And last but not least. 

While the changes will make the Arena easier in terms of progression, remember that it is still one of the most competitive game elements: keep improving your team, explore different strategies, watch videos dedicated to Arena tactics on YouTube created by enthusiastic players and content creators to increase your knowledge, and you’ll be able to reach higher Tiers, eventually. 

While we cannot reveal the exact date when the Arena adjustments will come to live, we are ready to tell you at least the approximate time of their release. It will happen shortly after the release of version 4.20, but definitely not on the same day. The Arena-oriented update is planned for the first half of May, and the changes will take effect only after server reload.

Guys, we'll continue to closely monitor the situation in the Classic Arena after the upcoming fix goes live, and will make all the additional changes needed to ensure our players have fun in the Arena and enjoy the game.  

That's it for today! Have a wonderful day ahead!  

Views
Comments
May 5, 2021, 14:4505/05/21
May 20, 2021, 15:0005/20/21
03/21/21

There no changes to arena at all- same as before patch, and its was same MM before too - acc power and lvl, so useless, but whatever

May 20, 2021, 15:0205/20/21
May 20, 2021, 15:03(edited)
07/23/20
manga0309

Just release platinum 2, 3 and 4 and increase number of players in those tiers-problem solved. All strong players will be in high tiers and will release place for weaker players in lower tiers. So simple. 

That will temporarily solve the problem. If the player base increases we will eventually face the same problems sooner or later.

May 20, 2021, 15:1105/20/21
02/25/21

Is this live now? I didn't notice a change in Bronze 3, 500k player power.

May 20, 2021, 15:3205/20/21
08/08/19

maybe change arena to  uncommon vs uncommon , rare vs rare ,epic vs epic,legends vs legends (with all Tiers right now) of cuz in rare arena player can use uncommon. in epic arena  players can use rare/uncommon) so it work the same for legends, that is how players can use all their champ and dont use those lower  champ as FOOD

May 20, 2021, 15:3905/20/21
09/15/19

I don't really get ppl who's constantly crying about Arena. It is the way it was meant to be - tough challenging part of the game. Literally anyone can build speed team whitch would lead to mid Silver Tier consisting of rare champs, just by spending a few weeks on Dragon and thats all. And I bet all of you who have played this game more than 3 months have pretty good champs in roster. E.g. the most default preset is Khatun Kael Warmaiden and another DD or Apoth, every of which champs can be switched for more powerful version you could have. The only thing you can do if you don't have strong defence champs is outspeed the enemy and the key to it is grind D20 as much as you need. Hope you get the point, I had 3 accounts so far and on each of them got to Gold pretty easilly after I watched some videos about it and actually tried to think that out with my roster.

May 20, 2021, 15:5105/20/21
12/25/20

I still dont understand what do your level and player power has to do with your arena performance. it disadvantages everyone who gained xp from multiple tasks rather than from arena related upgrades from the beginning. also dont understand why it is important to give new players the chance to get to silver with level 40 characters whilst others at higher levels are struggling to get on with their missions due to being unable to complete the most basic arena tasks. pvp should be about your team's performance there and then, not about your activities in the past. if you want to give a chance to lower level players to show what they could do if they were bigger, u should open a lower level competition for them separately imo. 

May 20, 2021, 16:1005/20/21
01/30/20

Guys and girls! :) 

Let me put it this way - how much resources (gems/energy/silver/real life money) precentage wise are you spending to pull new champions and then level them up? Time and time again, I always grin about players who have so much "strong and good" champions, but can't compete (get in silver or gold Arena)...  Now - and this is the most IMPORTANT note - I bet that most of you (who are whining about arena being too hard) spend way too many resources on shards and leveling up your new "good" champions, but.. it's not about champions, it's about the gear you have farmed in dungeons. Why nobody here is writing about how much effort they put in dungeons farming gear? Yeah, that's right, "zero effort'. Gear is and always will be the defying factor on who wins and who lose. Formula for being successful in Arena is = use 25 % of your resources in leveling up your champions and doing masteries, rest (75 %) should go in dungeons farming gear. And, on top of that, I've seen many people who don't know how to build Greater Hall anyways + they don't know what accuracy in this game does + they haven't speed tuned their arena team, so they fail and fail again. Final verdict - concentrate on farming gear (instead of pulling shards) and simply get good by reasearching what to do and not do in Raid to not ruin your account.

May 20, 2021, 16:1205/20/21
04/18/21

it makes no sense to me, if you're going to have "tiers", why do matchmaking by a different parameter, I don't think it's right, if new accounts are in bronze 1, then I can beat those accounts and should move forward, not be matched with accounts of similar power I have... that makes no sense at all, personally I find no satisfaction at all on fighting arena, I do it because there's a mission there blocking all my other missions and the great hall needs me to do it, that's not great content... 

I think you could replace this with a real time pvp where you don't get to choose your opponent, remove the arena missions and find some other way of getting medals for the hall. If you get to choose your opponent from a list it feels to me like you're cheesing people.

I'm also not sure I understand, what if I move to silver, I start getting silver medals and I cannot complete the bronze medals I need for the hall? I'm either not understanding it or it's even more rubbish than it's designed to be.

May 20, 2021, 16:1405/20/21
06/03/20

You don't have an exact date because you are too busy hiding the mercy counter from the player base. 

May 20, 2021, 16:3305/20/21
04/14/21
SebastiancanesLLC

You don't have an exact date because you are too busy hiding the mercy counter from the player base. 

Nah mate, they already did that real quick.

May 20, 2021, 17:0005/20/21
12/31/20

Going to call it a success, made it to Bronze III - had tried before & never could. 1.5mil power now 145 days in. Was not super easy. Had to pick my battles & such. 

May 20, 2021, 17:3605/20/21
04/29/21

The normal challenges that come from writing a matchmaking algorithm don't apply to a game like this. The entire WEEKLY player base is available for match making with 100% up time. There is absolutely zero reason not to just define the tiers and perform matchmaking by the same rating. A smurf account with 10k power shouldn't have an easier time getting out of bronze than someone three-keying UNM every week.

As long as the rewards from PvP apply to PvE content, but PvE content progression outright inhibits PvP progression, I won't spend again. Nothing sucks more than jumping into a new game and realizing that all spending money did was cripple my account. Should've finished my great hall first, I guess. 

May 20, 2021, 17:4205/20/21
01/27/21
Razorface77

Guys and girls! :) 

Let me put it this way - how much resources (gems/energy/silver/real life money) precentage wise are you spending to pull new champions and then level them up? Time and time again, I always grin about players who have so much "strong and good" champions, but can't compete (get in silver or gold Arena)...  Now - and this is the most IMPORTANT note - I bet that most of you (who are whining about arena being too hard) spend way too many resources on shards and leveling up your new "good" champions, but.. it's not about champions, it's about the gear you have farmed in dungeons. Why nobody here is writing about how much effort they put in dungeons farming gear? Yeah, that's right, "zero effort'. Gear is and always will be the defying factor on who wins and who lose. Formula for being successful in Arena is = use 25 % of your resources in leveling up your champions and doing masteries, rest (75 %) should go in dungeons farming gear. And, on top of that, I've seen many people who don't know how to build Greater Hall anyways + they don't know what accuracy in this game does + they haven't speed tuned their arena team, so they fail and fail again. Final verdict - concentrate on farming gear (instead of pulling shards) and simply get good by reasearching what to do and not do in Raid to not ruin your account.

Yes! You should just build your great hall correctly you n00bs!  Oh wait, how is it you level your great hall again?  Oh, whoops, turns out that this was an insanely ignorant statement made from a "knowledgeable" player.  I'm f2p, I assure you that I haven't concentrated on "pulling shards".  I've been as speed tuned as I could be from very early on (perfectly speed tuned after getting high khatun and Jorrg within a week of each other 1 month into the game).  The issue for the players who have learned everything they could is that the arena matchmaking is based on player power which is a horrendous matchmaker.  Anybody who uses champs to get lower level glyphs in faction wars is making their arena matchmaking harder which makes no sense whatsoever.  The way to have easy matchups in the arena is to do what iamsteamin is doing and get rid of every single champion in the game who doesn't directly benefit the arena team.  Is that a way to play the game?  Yes.  Is that a fun way to play a champion collection GAME (games are supposed to be fun and the work is supposed to lead to something)?  No, not for the vast majority of human beings.

May 20, 2021, 18:0005/20/21
03/31/19

Personally I dont understand why it is needed to make arena an easy content.

You nerfed FW to a complete joke so everyone can have Lydia. No sign of recognising/rewarding players who did it on the original dificulty in the Spring of last year ( except Cartman who cryed about Dracomorph long enough that he was simply given one)...

Not too long ago Arena was getting bots so everyone can be Gold4 and farm gold medals to have full GH in 3month time,.... 

Now I assume DT nerf is next. We just need enough players to cry on Reddit ( most toxic platform of all) that they demand access to the rewards and fragments for new champions... sad...

May 20, 2021, 18:3305/20/21
09/29/20

Why you daft, Plarium?

Every single person is telling you that basing Arena matchamking on how good players Faction Wars teams are is complete and utter nonsense.

Literally every other game you look at... PvP matchmaking is based on PvP performance not by PvE performance. Just fire whoever in your dev teams thinks doing that makes a shred of sense, because it fregin doesn't.

May 20, 2021, 19:4505/20/21
May 20, 2021, 19:45(edited)
02/10/21

Did the changes go threw or will they go threw after arena reset , because i am still getting my butt handed to me in early bronze . Can not expect me to go further and hit silver when theres ton of arbiters and powers pver 130 in bronxe 3 

May 20, 2021, 20:1405/20/21
12/23/19

lie me again that everything is ok with arena...

i

May 20, 2021, 21:4905/20/21
05/30/20

Not a fan of any of the changes that have been made or are currently being implemented.  The community has said the problems with the fixes now and in the past and it all falls on deaf ears.  It's like Plarium only listens after a whole bunch of bad reviews and people leave....but even then they only listen internally.  You know it's bad when even top players in platinum are complaining about the state of the arena.  But yet we see Plarium yet again listening to internal data rather than the community.  The game is head down a steep slope and it's picking up steam.

Doubt me look at the complaints about Arena and the supposed fixes we have had that not once took into account community feedback.  What are we on fix 4 or 5 at this point?

Next look at community outcry about Clan V Clan the mass exodus in the game over that.  I hear from friends in top guilds every day about people getting kicked for not getting enough points only for them to quit the game.  We see other clans not participating due to feeling it's such a whale fest.  And then players falling behind others due to the trinkets and such that the Clan v clan stuff offers....all of which affect the arena.  The arena has become an RNG spotfest every day and those who have swift parry and these trinkets are the only ones able to compete (I use compete loosely as these sets make it an RNG as to whether you win or lose).

Then you have the announcement (I use that loosely as it was on Reddit) the dupe system.  The dupe system is so similar to another game that did the same thing.  What happened to that game....well no one plays it anymore.  Non-spenders quit as they could not hope to compete with whales.  Only for whales to quit also as they had no one to play with anymore.  This is making the divide between whales and everyone else bigger and will also likely greatly affect the arena.  Yet the community speaks up and does Plarium listen....sadly yet again nope.  They listen to their pocketbooks and it's only a matter of time this methodology kills the game we love.  If this dupe system is similar to what I have seen in other games (that all died out) well then I will walk away.  Cause there will be no balancing in the game at all and the game will no longer be fun.  As it stands arena, Clan v Clan and 3 v 3 arena are hands down the worst parts of the game.  These are also the parts that it seems like Plarium likes messing up more and more for the players.

Get mad at me if you like....troll me whatever at this point. But this is my opinion and all of this I wrote on is first hand experience with other games that did the same stuff only to die shortly after.  I don't want this game to die but Plarium is heading down a path that could kill the game if they do not at least start listening to the community and not just their internal data.  People are people and no data you have will accurately show how people feel or express what people are expressing in videos, on discord, on reddit or here.  So please take out the earplugs and listen to us we want to help.

May 20, 2021, 23:1905/20/21
05/29/19

when will you finally acknowledge that POWER MEANS NOTHING

for example, I'm 100% f2p with ~3.5m power and 300-350k arena comps. I've been playing for more than two years and I face whales in gold4 and platinum who appeared only months ago and have less power than me, but are already sporting multi OP legos with 400spd and 1000acc (fully booked of course..). NOTHING in their power numbers reflects even the slightest of their actual strength and money spent. N-O-T-H-I-N-G

I know that the new arena changes don't include gold and platinum, but I'm writing the above as an absolute proof of how fundamentally wrong it is to base anything arena related on power. this isn't the way to truly solve the inherent pvp issues. this will be just a band-aid..

May 21, 2021, 01:5005/21/21
12/07/19

My  idea  is  a  team  should  have  a  chance  to  move  (a  turn)  if  not  wiped out  in  the  first  run.  So  often  the  champions stand  still  to  see  the  enemy  move  and  move  again  until it  is  totally wiped  out.  That  is  very  poor  player experience. Some  of the  friends I  have  invited quit  because of  that.

I  know  that  is  mainly because of  the  turn  meter, (provoke,  freeze,  daze  etc) but  should  not  be  so  bad.