Lonatharil, new fusion champ, updated with schedule

Lonatharil, new fusion champ, updated with schedule

Search
Comments
Aug 17, 2022, 16:4808/17/22
Aug 17, 2022, 16:49(edited)
07/15/20

I got him yesterday. 

I wonder why i did it.... i double wonder why....

well, lets make him 60 full booked so i can complain even harder next month!

Aug 19, 2022, 02:5808/19/22
04/15/22
Swiftblade

Epic fail for me already, literally LOL. I ended up with 2847 points in Dungeon Divers, goodbye Anchorite!

Somehow i was sure i was right on target since in my Spider tourney i went well above the last milestone. I came back like 10min too late to try and rush the last 200 i needed. Damn slow Spider runs. Blame it on the spider!

Pretty much did the same thing.  "How did I miscalculate delving pts/run so badly?", I thought, as I sat about 700 pts short with an hour to go...

Then, I noticed that the Arena Tourney was still ongoing.  And the 5 frags were indeed for Anchorite.  That would give me 100 exactly. I still had all Sunday to visit Arena.  But I'm at about 350pts, after securing the 15 frags for Anchorite.  Could I really push hard all day, and break into the 900ish pts that the top two spots were at?  I was already at Gold 2's apex, which was a high-watermark for my teams as it was...

So, we do the thing, and push and push, pretty much all day on-and-off.  I had just gotten Dark Elhain, and my main team is Bivald, Helicath, Deliana, Dreng.  Yes, I'm a newbie and I don't want to break the string of fusions plus I'm charmingly bullheaded.

Once I take Gold III, life takes a turn for the worse.  There's a hotlist of champs I keep that, if I see them on a team, I avoid that team.  Well there's nowhere to hide now.  Those champs are out, in force, in multiples.  So we reach into the stock of supplies and pull out all the Bolster resources we've been hoarding.  I need a miracle.  I get one in a 6-star epic helmet that snags the Speed roll thrice, then attaches HP%.  I roll up more tasty armor, then summon Deliana to the armory and strip her of her beloved but molasses-slow Retaliation and re-upholster her in Bolster.  "I look silly in this", she moans.  "Your buddies will love it.  It's got a baby-regen too; it'll grow on ya", I tell her.  She shakes her head and trudges back to the Arena.  She passes Helicath, who looks at me and grunts, "WTF is THAT garbage?"  "You'll see, my fiend."

So they go battle all day, now augmented in shiny, new, un-mutable shielding.  After the first expletive from an opposing Serris, Deliana gets into the groove.  She's now able to block-buffs entire teams before they go, and is loving life.  An OP Ninja freeze-fries my team, but the Bolster shield ensures that no-one dies just yet, Helicath tosses up the obligatory Block Damage, and we are able to mount a furious counterattack.  NOW the team catches fire, and we start actually denting up Gold-III.  We still die like toothless rats to any Ma'Shalled, and Scyl is just as much a thorn in our side as ever, but our win %age is increasing and we near 900 points in the Tourney.

Of course, the two top-spot-holders weren't sitting on their arses either, but they, too, were finding traction rare and slipping away as the hours dragged on and the ladders were scaled higher.  We finally catch 2nd place, and soldier on.  We finally tie, then pass first place.  With renewed resolve, we push harder, trying to crush any thought of victory in the former leaders.  On this went until 4am CST, when apparently my two former leaders felt resigned to fight each other for the last 5 frags.  We finally claim our victory, and summon Anchorite forthwith... and then I realized CvC was to occur tomorrow...  Oops.

Today I finally ranked up, then leveled up all 4 Epics and finally summoned Lonatharil.

"I'm here, I'm here, let the bells ring out and the banners fly!  Yes, it's too good to be true, but I'm here!", he proudly bellows.

"Your A1 overwrites your unkillable shield, Lonny."

"It's just a slight glitch in my magic; it'll be sorted soon, I assure you.  Besides, the new Bolster armor fixes the issue... for at least the first 3 turns!"

"You sure of that, Lonny?"

"Let's go test it out! Heh, heh..."  We do so, "There, see! The Bolster shield stays put, as Elbereth intended.  Now, assemble your best AoE-A1 champions and let's go conquer!"

When the only Lego you've ever summoned from shards is a Yannica, when you have amassed 75 Yannica frags already from Clan-Shop, you grab all the IKEA-Legos you can.  Even Lonny.  Now every day starts with a prayer for his eventual buffing.

Aug 19, 2022, 03:0908/19/22
06/25/20
Banshee

Pretty much did the same thing.  "How did I miscalculate delving pts/run so badly?", I thought, as I sat about 700 pts short with an hour to go...

Then, I noticed that the Arena Tourney was still ongoing.  And the 5 frags were indeed for Anchorite.  That would give me 100 exactly. I still had all Sunday to visit Arena.  But I'm at about 350pts, after securing the 15 frags for Anchorite.  Could I really push hard all day, and break into the 900ish pts that the top two spots were at?  I was already at Gold 2's apex, which was a high-watermark for my teams as it was...

So, we do the thing, and push and push, pretty much all day on-and-off.  I had just gotten Dark Elhain, and my main team is Bivald, Helicath, Deliana, Dreng.  Yes, I'm a newbie and I don't want to break the string of fusions plus I'm charmingly bullheaded.

Once I take Gold III, life takes a turn for the worse.  There's a hotlist of champs I keep that, if I see them on a team, I avoid that team.  Well there's nowhere to hide now.  Those champs are out, in force, in multiples.  So we reach into the stock of supplies and pull out all the Bolster resources we've been hoarding.  I need a miracle.  I get one in a 6-star epic helmet that snags the Speed roll thrice, then attaches HP%.  I roll up more tasty armor, then summon Deliana to the armory and strip her of her beloved but molasses-slow Retaliation and re-upholster her in Bolster.  "I look silly in this", she moans.  "Your buddies will love it.  It's got a baby-regen too; it'll grow on ya", I tell her.  She shakes her head and trudges back to the Arena.  She passes Helicath, who looks at me and grunts, "WTF is THAT garbage?"  "You'll see, my fiend."

So they go battle all day, now augmented in shiny, new, un-mutable shielding.  After the first expletive from an opposing Serris, Deliana gets into the groove.  She's now able to block-buffs entire teams before they go, and is loving life.  An OP Ninja freeze-fries my team, but the Bolster shield ensures that no-one dies just yet, Helicath tosses up the obligatory Block Damage, and we are able to mount a furious counterattack.  NOW the team catches fire, and we start actually denting up Gold-III.  We still die like toothless rats to any Ma'Shalled, and Scyl is just as much a thorn in our side as ever, but our win %age is increasing and we near 900 points in the Tourney.

Of course, the two top-spot-holders weren't sitting on their arses either, but they, too, were finding traction rare and slipping away as the hours dragged on and the ladders were scaled higher.  We finally catch 2nd place, and soldier on.  We finally tie, then pass first place.  With renewed resolve, we push harder, trying to crush any thought of victory in the former leaders.  On this went until 4am CST, when apparently my two former leaders felt resigned to fight each other for the last 5 frags.  We finally claim our victory, and summon Anchorite forthwith... and then I realized CvC was to occur tomorrow...  Oops.

Today I finally ranked up, then leveled up all 4 Epics and finally summoned Lonatharil.

"I'm here, I'm here, let the bells ring out and the banners fly!  Yes, it's too good to be true, but I'm here!", he proudly bellows.

"It's just a slight glitch in my magic; it'll be sorted soon, I assure you.  Besides, the new Bolster armor fixes the issue... for at least the first 3 turns!"

"Let's go test it out! Heh, heh..."  We do so, "There, see! The Bolster shield stays put, as Elbereth intended.  Now, assemble your best AoE-A1 champions and let's go conquer!"

When the only Lego you've ever summoned from shards is a Yannica, when you have amassed 75 Yannica frags already from Clan-Shop, you grab all the IKEA-Legos you can.  Even Lonny.  Now every day starts with a prayer for his eventual buffing.

If it makes you feel any better - if you don't already have someone else with Ally Attack, this guy could very well be one of the best champs for your CB team you could get.

Aug 19, 2022, 03:2008/19/22
04/15/22

kramaswamy.kr

If it makes you feel any better - if you don't already have someone else with Ally Attack, this guy could very well be one of the best champs for your CB team you could get.

-------------------

When the only Ally-Attack champion you've ever seen is Hyria, and Bivald and Helicath are starting a "You need shield abilities to join our Arena team" charter, well, I kinda had to go after Lonnie.  Besides, while I absolutely detest Hydra, getting those free gems in Advanced Quests doesn't hurt, and Lonnie is better than most of my 2nd/3rd crews...

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 19, 2022, 03:3008/19/22
02/24/19
Banshee

lol I love this.

Congrats on snagging that tourney and getting yourself a brand new Lotha! That Ally Attack is gonna be so huge for you in an eventual Helicath unkillable clan boss team. :)

Aug 19, 2022, 20:5608/19/22
08/15/21

So what does Plarium intend to do for people who now have 95/100 fragments because they made the last 5 frags prizes for #1 and #2 event winners only?  They're literally punishing players with jobs (seems like a dumb move for a business that wants people to pay to play).

Aug 20, 2022, 09:4408/20/22
02/11/22

Don't you worry, they'll sort you out real soon after the event ends. They will never sell you a champion just like that, but with these limited -end-of-events offers, they have no compunction about sellling you 15% of a champion LOL, for about 30 bucks. In other words, in their mind, one champion is worth like 200 bucks.... You decide if that offer has merit or not.

Aug 20, 2022, 15:4208/20/22
04/15/22

Price-point psychology.  You won't buy Lonny for $200, but you just might flinch and toss $30 for him after expending time, resources and energy trying in vain to get him, falling short, and going thru a slight grief cycle.  Had no problems coughing up similar cayshe for Serris' platinum blonde skin, because it goes well with Masquerade Kael, Battlesage and High Khatun, which was the speed team that got me into Gold-I, and Serris is hands-down my favorite champ in this game.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 22, 2022, 03:2608/22/22
02/24/19
ericfooledyou

So what does Plarium intend to do for people who now have 95/100 fragments because they made the last 5 frags prizes for #1 and #2 event winners only?  They're literally punishing players with jobs (seems like a dumb move for a business that wants people to pay to play).

Which Epic or Epics did you end up short on? It can certainly be tough to get any of the 15 tourney victory fragments.... but looked like Wuji and Carlinia were the toughest to get the full 115 basic fragments since they had both Summon Rush and Champ chase as part of their frags.

Aug 22, 2022, 19:0608/22/22
08/15/21

95/100 Anchorite...they put up the event schedule showing '20 frags' on the final event.  Then they spam the News tab twice daily so by the time the event is half over the schedule has been pushed past the News window.  When they post the revised schedule that last event is no longer a 20 frag event, it's a 15/5 frag event and it's too late to make changes (short of skipping work and/or staying up all night to ensure you're online for the last fifteen minutes before the Arena tournament ends when the top five scramble to claw past one another for the last frag).  Now they charge $6.99 for those last five frags but it's too late to complete the fusion if you wanted to.

Aug 22, 2022, 19:5208/22/22
06/25/20
ericfooledyou

95/100 Anchorite...they put up the event schedule showing '20 frags' on the final event.  Then they spam the News tab twice daily so by the time the event is half over the schedule has been pushed past the News window.  When they post the revised schedule that last event is no longer a 20 frag event, it's a 15/5 frag event and it's too late to make changes (short of skipping work and/or staying up all night to ensure you're online for the last fifteen minutes before the Arena tournament ends when the top five scramble to claw past one another for the last frag).  Now they charge $6.99 for those last five frags but it's too late to complete the fusion if you wanted to.

The event schedule hasn't changed. What final event are you referring to? Here's Anchorite, as per the original  announcement:

i

Aug 24, 2022, 11:3008/24/22
Aug 24, 2022, 11:31(edited)
01/27/20
Carpe_Piscis

pretty much the same as any other fusion, only with more shards since you'll need to hit the top rewards in both summon rush and champion chase. beyond that, you'll want to make sure you have the potions you'll need to ascend the four epics on hand. i believe the required amount is 60 greater and 12 superior arcane potions total as well as 20 greater and 6 superior affinity potions per champion (so most likely 20 and 6 of each affinity). you'll also need 16 rank 4 chickens to rank them up, but you can make those during the training events.

Aren't there shards Plarium can place in Team Arena one can buy for the gold won at the arena? That would be an easier way to get it.

Aug 24, 2022, 11:3408/24/22
01/27/20
harleQuinn

Krama said it best, let me expand a little here:

The fragment requirements on Brogni were such that you couldn't miss a single event.. You had to get literally every fragment across every event in your effort to collect the fragments for the four epic champs. You had to get every summon rush fragment, every event frag, every tourney fragment. Unlike Dreng, where there were 55 extra fragments, Brogni had none.

Imagine that to get Dreng you need 150 of those 155 fragments to have gotten him. That ratchets up the pressure significantly. That is what Brogni style fusions are like. You need 100 fragments for each epic, and they are epic specific as you earn them. You need 400 total and there is something like 420 available. You don't get to pick and choose tourneys to push, you don't get extra of them, you can't skip the top summon rush thing because you win some tourneys or something.

Then on TOP of that, you have to take 4 Epics and level them to 50 and ascend them to 5 purples, and ALL of this within the limited 2.5 week time frame. 

Sounds like I should retire and dedicate myself to getting these shards lmao

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 24, 2022, 11:5908/24/22
02/24/19
Crossman

Sounds like I should retire and dedicate myself to getting these shards lmao

Too late now, this is over. Next one though, make sure you put your two weeks in before the next one :D

Aug 24, 2022, 13:2708/24/22
Aug 24, 2022, 13:28(edited)
01/27/20
harleQuinn

Too late now, this is over. Next one though, make sure you put your two weeks in before the next one :D

LMAO :

Aug 26, 2022, 00:2108/26/22
Aug 26, 2022, 00:24(edited)
04/15/22

Epilogue: Lonny is actually entertaining, able to take Dreng's place in arena and often stay in the #2 damage-total spot, like Dreng or Deliana usually does for my Lego team.  Yes, I have him in Bolster, too, just like Deliana.
His A2 shields aren't Helicath-worthy, but they do resemble Bivald shields.  Once I saw him start leading charges against un-veiled Ninja and Foli champs and completing it from shielded to dead in one skill, slowly but surely all that angst of acquisition dissipated.  The cherry on top is the MAX-HP shaving, which is convenient when you are in protracted battles with an Apothecary or Wythir built to annoy and torment. Mind you this is for Gold II, which is probably near the height that he can be useful, but around there, he indeed is... sometimes snickeringly so.