How does he look?

Update: Now with schedule

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 29, 2022, 14:3607/29/22
06/25/20

Definitely a scarab killer for anyone who doesn't have a team yet. Personally, looks like a vault guardian for me. 

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 29, 2022, 14:3707/29/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Definitely a scarab killer for anyone who doesn't have a team yet. Personally, looks like a vault guardian for me. 

I heard Brogni style fusion. 0_0

Jul 29, 2022, 15:2807/29/22
01/19/21

Seems okay, but if it's a Borgni fusion, it's a skip for me. Hopefully there are some decent epics to pick up.

Jul 29, 2022, 15:3407/29/22
07/08/19

agree with krama, seems like a solid choice for scarab. also strikes me as one of the better ally attack champions so he could definitely see play in any setup that called for one. beyond that, nothing particularly stands out thus far.

however i will, as per usual, be complaining about plarium's choice of faction.

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 29, 2022, 15:3507/29/22
02/24/19
Carpe_Piscis

agree with krama, seems like a solid choice for scarab. also strikes me as one of the better ally attack champions so he could definitely see play in any setup that called for one. beyond that, nothing particularly stands out thus far.

however i will, as per usual, be complaining about plarium's choice of faction.

What faction SHOULD we have gotten a champ in, in your opinion?

Jul 29, 2022, 15:4907/29/22
06/16/22

How's this champion for someone with a fairly early account? I was able to get Walking Dreng and was planning on trying each fusion event afterwards - should I be skipping this one? Is this the same fragment type fusion or is it similar to how Helicath's was? 

Jul 29, 2022, 15:5907/29/22
07/08/19
harleQuinn

What faction SHOULD we have gotten a champ in, in your opinion?

well skinwalkers is always my first choice, since they're the smallest faction, the weakest faction, and their last (and only) fusion was almost 3 years ago. banner lords wouldn't be amiss; they're tied with the skinwalkers for the fewest reliable* lego champions. if not for the current guaranteed summon, i'd have said lizardmen; most of their in-game reward champions are behind pretty high achievements and they've not had a fusion since vergumkaar. ogryn would be another solid choice as their legendary lineup is lacking in both quantity and (imo) quality.

but given that the high elves have had 2 champions just dropped onto every account in the last 8 months, i don't think they were in any particular need to be bolstered.

*any legendary champion available from a method beyond blind shard pulls i.e. a limited time fusion, in-game reward, or guaranteed champion summon

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 29, 2022, 16:1507/29/22
Jul 29, 2022, 16:20(edited)
02/24/19
kmanmott

How's this champion for someone with a fairly early account? I was able to get Walking Dreng and was planning on trying each fusion event afterwards - should I be skipping this one? Is this the same fragment type fusion or is it similar to how Helicath's was? 

Likely will be harder, from what we are hearing around the office, so to speak. People are comparing it to Brogni, who was very hard to get.

Now that said, he looks pretty darn good for an early account. If you can get him, I would try and do so. 

Ally Attack is a great ability, especially when paired with team buffs, and especially if the champ directing the ally attack also attacks (unlike Farhakin), and teams up with ALL allies (unlike Kreela).

AoE attacks that also shield your team? Also very very good. I like the extra protection buff on those shields if you have someone down. That shield is also 3 turns, so would be amazing in Scarab.

I think his passive is nice in a lot of places too, or at least is interesting, especially when paired with the shield piercing mastery.

Jul 29, 2022, 16:1507/29/22
07/08/19
kmanmott

quinn mentioned this is supposed to be a brogni-style fusion, which combines the worst elements of both the classic and fragment style fusions into an ordeal that is generally despised by the playerbase. in one, players have to collect fragments for four different epic champions, summon them, and then rank and level them up in order to fuse the legendary in the manner of a classic fusion.

were i you, i might consider skipping this one. even disregarding the difficulty of the fusion itself (if it does end up being brogniesque), he seems like a champion that might be good, but never great. there's not much here that other champions don't do as well if not better. if you want to try hitting every fusion, you could go for it, but my impression is that you're not yet at a point where you pull in enough resources  to do every single one (u nless you're willing to drop some $$$, in which case go wild) and he definitely seems skippable.

if you do decide to skip this fusion, you could still aim to grab one or two of the epics. depending on what they are, they could end up being more beneficial to you than lonatharil.

Jul 29, 2022, 17:2307/29/22
12/19/19

I am skipping... never been so happy to see a subpar champ released combined with the crappy format. see you all in September!!!

Jul 29, 2022, 18:4807/29/22
04/24/22

Im gonna be watching how this one works(only seen trad and frag fusions , not this brogni style kind)

May grab one of the epic if its good enough but not the legendary , too much ressources involved in those fusion that its best for me to use it on the s-tier ones .

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 29, 2022, 19:2107/29/22
12/30/20

Would really like to see multipliers and cooldowns. Good chance enough I go for it just because Force DPS is something I lack, and the kit is at least interesting enough to me. Should be fairly easy to build out and slot in a few places, I think. 

Also +1 to Lonatharil really, really needing to be in another faction. 

Jul 29, 2022, 20:5607/29/22
06/16/22
harleQuinn

Likely will be harder, from what we are hearing around the office, so to speak. People are comparing it to Brogni, who was very hard to get.

Now that said, he looks pretty darn good for an early account. If you can get him, I would try and do so. 

Ally Attack is a great ability, especially when paired with team buffs, and especially if the champ directing the ally attack also attacks (unlike Farhakin), and teams up with ALL allies (unlike Kreela).

AoE attacks that also shield your team? Also very very good. I like the extra protection buff on those shields if you have someone down. That shield is also 3 turns, so would be amazing in Scarab.

I think his passive is nice in a lot of places too, or at least is interesting, especially when paired with the shield piercing mastery.

Can you help me understand why that is harder? With Walking Tomb (the only one I could do since I'm new), there was a total of I believe 155 fragments available, with I think 45 coming from top place tournament? 

Are you saying this is the exact same, but each fusion takes something like 25 fragments per epic, and then you have to fuse all 4 epics into the final legendary? 

Why would people be so off put from this? Just leveling up 4 four stars to level 40? That's a big deal? 

Jul 29, 2022, 21:0407/29/22
Jul 29, 2022, 21:05(edited)
06/25/20

It's more that brogni had probably the most difficult fusion requirements to date, and people are worried this one will be the same.  Leveling the champs is the easy part. The fragment requirements were such that you couldn't miss a single one. You had to get literally all of them, unless you were lucky enough to get an epic from a shard. Each epic will require 100 frags, and each event / tournament will give some for one or two of them. 

Jul 29, 2022, 21:1307/29/22
12/19/19
kmanmott

Can you help me understand why that is harder? With Walking Tomb (the only one I could do since I'm new), there was a total of I believe 155 fragments available, with I think 45 coming from top place tournament? 

Are you saying this is the exact same, but each fusion takes something like 25 fragments per epic, and then you have to fuse all 4 epics into the final legendary? 

Why would people be so off put from this? Just leveling up 4 four stars to level 40? That's a big deal? 

4 epics to 50

Jul 29, 2022, 21:2807/29/22
06/16/22

Wait...do you receive them at 4 star, you need to level them to 5 star and get them to 50? 

Jul 29, 2022, 21:3207/29/22
07/08/19
kmanmott

Wait...do you receive them at 4 star, you need to level them to 5 star and get them to 50? 

that is correct. you will need to ascend them as well.

Jul 29, 2022, 21:4607/29/22
07/08/19
kmanmott

to build off of what krama said, plarium did make it slightly easier during the sigmund fusion (the only other brogniesque fusion to date) by offering 120 fragments per epic. however, they did so in such a way that you still had to complete all of the difficult milestones to complete each fragment summon. you might be able to skip the spider tournament or an arena tournament because they only dropped 15 fragments, but you had to get 3500 points in the summon rush because the prize for that was 25.

the reason they're so unpopular is mostly due to the lack of flexibility offered. during a standard fragment summon, you can skip 15 fragments from whatever tournament or event you want and get even more leeway by winning extra fragments from topping the tournament leaderboards. with these, you can't miss any of the difficult milestones people tend to skip over (10-12k points in champion training, top reward in summon rush and champion chase) because its impossible to complete the fusion without them. tournament leaderboards can still help, but its also more restrictive since each one drops different fragments. there's no benefit winning the spider tournament if it's dropping duhr fragments and the champion you're short on is demythia.

Jul 29, 2022, 22:4207/29/22
09/14/20
kmanmott

Each epic takes 100 fragments that you have to collect. 

Those 4 epics have to be brought to 5*/50 fully ascended to be fused into the legendary...

Jul 30, 2022, 01:5507/30/22
04/24/22

I think the problem is the mix of both type of fusion , making it more unfriendly to complete . 

If its a trad fusion , you know ahead to grind stuff ahead of time 

If its a frag fusion , you know to get rdy for events with no pre prep stuff like trad fusion 

These half n half fusion , seems like to put a bigger stress on the player over both frag and trad fusions ...but thats just my random opinion from a 94 days in player !