Summer Trials event

Summer Trials event

Search
Comments
Aug 3, 2022, 20:4508/03/22
12/19/19
RoseRoyal

Time to start some conspiracy theories!  A few jumps in the last 24 hours

The first one to call out is Ice Golem, which has jumped up 6.7% since yesterday.  It has gone from 135,000 runs to over 200,000, which is a massive gain for this duration.  To put it another way, it took 15 days for it to reach 135,000, and then in 1 day it gained 65,000.  The bigger question is why.  There's been a 2x Savage event on for Fire Knight these past couple of days which has now finished, so there wasn't a bonus for Ice Golem.  The only thing I can think of is that it is CvC related, but I don't participate in that so cannot tell what rewards are in there.

In any event, I'd be happy if we can get Ice Golem across the line.  Always keen for another 5 star chicken.

The second jump is still Fire Knight, gaining an additional 14% in the last 24 hours.  I assume it is still the Savage Set that just finished which was driving it, but it could also be CvC related.  Will be interesting to see if this continues, and if it does then we can look forward to our 50 XP Brews.

Spider has started to see a surge again, and this I assume is on the back of CvC.  At almost 62% complete, I think Spider will finish quite well before the end of these trials.  CvC will drive it's growth up for the next couple of days, and even if that doesn't finish it then the fragment/fusion event will likely seal the deal

Edit: It is worth noting that there is still the Kael skin tournament on Dragon, for Rares only.  I assume there's some people gunning for this, but as expected it is having no impact on the growth numbers for Dragon in these trails.  

All other events have low growth, which is consistent with previous days.

i

CvC has 2x points for IG. So that should drop back to 0 for IG once cvc ends 😆 

Savage plus CvC  makes sense for fk

Speed farming spider25 is a cvc staple as well. 

Dragon should have stalled dramatically during CvC, apologies i can't open picture to enlarge on my phone with this forum. 

Aug 3, 2022, 20:4808/03/22
02/13/21
Trips

CvC has 2x points for IG. So that should drop back to 0 for IG once cvc ends 😆 

Savage plus CvC  makes sense for fk

Speed farming spider25 is a cvc staple as well. 

Dragon should have stalled dramatically during CvC, apologies i can't open picture to enlarge on my phone with this forum. 

The 2x Points for IG in CvC makes sense, and explains the growth here.  I wonder how far it'll push IG up though before it ends.

Dragon growth has been 0.5% for the last couple of days, so consistently small

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 3, 2022, 21:0708/03/22
02/24/19
RoseRoyal

The 2x Points for IG in CvC makes sense, and explains the growth here.  I wonder how far it'll push IG up though before it ends.

Dragon growth has been 0.5% for the last couple of days, so consistently small

Can only push up so far, you'd think right? Double points only work for a limited number of runs. I can't believe people keep running IG as soon as the double points run out. 

Aug 3, 2022, 23:5608/03/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Can only push up so far, you'd think right? Double points only work for a limited number of runs. I can't believe people keep running IG as soon as the double points run out. 

Yes. The CvC crazies will run IG25 30ish times to max the points then switch to spider25 mostly with some going back to fk25.

Dragon will resume higher activity post CvC.

Aug 4, 2022, 20:3208/04/22
02/13/21

17 days in and HellHades has done a pretty scathing video of the Trials (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5iscz38pdE).  

Progress is comparitive to yesterday, which is expected.  Fire Knight has moved into the green for progress, gaining probably one of the largest jumps I've seen during this event at 14.5%.  The 2x Savage event is finished now though, and the Fire Knight event isn't on for the fragment/fusion until the 16th August, which will be the last couple of days of the Trials.  CvC is still on which may drive some growth.

That said, to me, this means that we will likely not complete this event, as there's not enough to drive the required growth over the coming weeks.

Ice Golem has slowed down to 4.6% growth, compared to the 6.7% from yesterday.  Sounds to me like CvC is trailing off, and the overall event is still woefully behind where it needs to be.  The Ice Golem tournament for the fragment/fusion is on the 12th to the 15th August so there might be a spike during that time, but at 25% right now, it won't be enough to cover the distance.

Spider continues to make good progress, and with CvC and the Spider tournament for the fragment/fusion event, I suspect it will remain this way for the next couple of days.  At 70%, gaining 7.5% growth per day, we only need 4 more days of this to finish, which sounds achievable.  Part of me thinks Spider is in the bag

All other events are still slow.  It is worth noting that Dragon is from the 8th to the 11th August, so there might be a spike during those days, but I don't think it'll be enough to bring home the reward.

For the remaining events (Arenas, Hydra, CB, Faction) there is nothing that this fragment/fusion event will drive, so the pace they are on now will be the pace they are on for the next 2 weeks I think.  None of these are going to see success either.

i

Aug 5, 2022, 05:5008/05/22

This is a good mensuration for me. The two mostly dont liked gameparts the hydra and 3v3. Third the IG because, he has the worst item sets.

Aug 5, 2022, 07:1608/05/22
02/28/22
Deleted

This is a good mensuration for me. The two mostly dont liked gameparts the hydra and 3v3. Third the IG because, he has the worst item sets.

I agree about the Hydra, I think it's played until the fragments are collected then it's not worth playing

TAG is different, it's in missions and the block is still reach gold one, I have found it's easy enough to get to S3, harder to get to S4 and then it's full of good teams presumably most of whom are struggling to get to G1

The thing is, it's easy to stay in S4 and only play a few matches a week, which means I can stay comfortable until I have a team to get to G1 or I'm fortunate to have a good week and go up - so a lot probably do this in S4 and other tiers, not getting daily rewards but that's a small miss

I quite like TAG but the format, red, yellow, green and a once a week arbitary progress figure is frustrating and stupid when they have a format in classic that works

Aug 5, 2022, 08:1408/05/22
Ratted

I agree about the Hydra, I think it's played until the fragments are collected then it's not worth playing

TAG is different, it's in missions and the block is still reach gold one, I have found it's easy enough to get to S3, harder to get to S4 and then it's full of good teams presumably most of whom are struggling to get to G1

The thing is, it's easy to stay in S4 and only play a few matches a week, which means I can stay comfortable until I have a team to get to G1 or I'm fortunate to have a good week and go up - so a lot probably do this in S4 and other tiers, not getting daily rewards but that's a small miss

I quite like TAG but the format, red, yellow, green and a once a week arbitary progress figure is frustrating and stupid when they have a format in classic that works

I agree. But dont forget TAG bring to CvC nice points. 550 points at S4 without 2x. Just slightly reach over 12%, when in the past days where was a CvC with personal rewards. This is telling everything to me, how dont like the players the 3v3, especially just like me. 

I think peoples just playing with TAG, because mission goals. They are forced to TAG because this, just such as to the Hydra key special mission.

Aug 5, 2022, 15:2508/05/22
06/25/20

@RoseRoyal, from Plarium: 

Summer trials are already past the halftime point, and, as many of you have noticed, the progress seems to be a bit slow to finish most of the milestones on time. However, that might not be the case.

Let me explain in more detail. When creating the milestones, we used our statistical data to make sure that they are attainable, so, having noticed that the progress in the Trials has been kind of sluggish, we started looking into possible issues. We double-checked the numbers on the server, compared them with those on the counter, and discovered a significant difference between the two.

So what actually happened? The system that dispatches points from server data to the page with the counter became overwhelmed by the new data almost right from the start of the activity, so a hefty number of points got stuck in a buffer, waiting to be counted.

What happens next? We are preparing a patch that should greatly increase the amount of data the system can process, so all the points will start counting much faster. Meanwhile, the progress bars on the web-page might freeze for a couple of days or so. After the patch is active, it should help the system to work through all the buffered data in no time before returning to the steady pace of the actual activity speed.

Important note, the number of points might still be insufficient to reach the milestones, we are only increasing the speed of the point calculation process, so hurry up with your contribution to the total tally.

Sorry for the temporary inconvenience. This is a new format for us, and, sadly, technical mishaps can occur. Thank you for your reports on the issue, and suggestions for future events. Let the fog of battle disperse and see how far we are from victory. 

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 5, 2022, 19:0108/05/22
02/24/19

0_0

i

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 5, 2022, 19:0308/05/22
02/24/19

I guess Krama had it here already, but it didn't want to load page 5 until AFTER I had posted. 0_0

Aug 5, 2022, 19:0508/05/22
06/25/20

I claim victory.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 5, 2022, 20:2308/05/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

I claim victory.

I'm proud of you buddy. Gold ⭐ for sure. Hahaha 

Aug 5, 2022, 21:5208/05/22
Aug 5, 2022, 21:53(edited)
02/13/21
kramaswamy.kr

@RoseRoyal, from Plarium: 

Summer trials are already past the halftime point, and, as many of you have noticed, the progress seems to be a bit slow to finish most of the milestones on time. However, that might not be the case.

Let me explain in more detail. When creating the milestones, we used our statistical data to make sure that they are attainable, so, having noticed that the progress in the Trials has been kind of sluggish, we started looking into possible issues. We double-checked the numbers on the server, compared them with those on the counter, and discovered a significant difference between the two.

So what actually happened? The system that dispatches points from server data to the page with the counter became overwhelmed by the new data almost right from the start of the activity, so a hefty number of points got stuck in a buffer, waiting to be counted.

What happens next? We are preparing a patch that should greatly increase the amount of data the system can process, so all the points will start counting much faster. Meanwhile, the progress bars on the web-page might freeze for a couple of days or so. After the patch is active, it should help the system to work through all the buffered data in no time before returning to the steady pace of the actual activity speed.

Important note, the number of points might still be insufficient to reach the milestones, we are only increasing the speed of the point calculation process, so hurry up with your contribution to the total tally.

Sorry for the temporary inconvenience. This is a new format for us, and, sadly, technical mishaps can occur. Thank you for your reports on the issue, and suggestions for future events. Let the fog of battle disperse and see how far we are from victory. 

Well that is frustrating.  So it's not that the milestones were too high, it's that the server couldn't handle the volume of data being sent to it...

I'll be honest that I find this a massive stretch to believe from Plarium.  There's a couple of reasons for this:

• The event has been running for 2 weeks, and assumed to be rather significant as it's the first time this type of event has taken place.  As a result, I assume Plarium has invested some time and energy towards getting it operational.  To say that no-one has noticed that the data wasn't flowing through at all during this time is to imply that no-one was monitoring the event at all, even for the first couple of days after launch.  This is akin to deploying something to production, and then going on holidays.  It is mind boggling to say the least, and if it is correct then I actually think worse of Plarium than if they were to say that they had overestimated the goals.
  • In a similar vein to the above, it also means that this wasn't actually tested prior to launch.  Prior to the trials starting, I assumed they would have had a soft launch to test that the data collation processes would have been working with production data, or volumes equivilent to it.  I would have expected this soft launch would have ran behind the scenes for a couple of weeks, prior to resetting the numbers and giving it to the public.  Any issues would have been identified behind the scenes without any player knowing.  This is basic development 101.
  • The issue with points being stuck in the buffer doesn't really explain why there were noticable spikes in certain events at key moments.  Fire Knight has a slow incremental growth right until the 2x Savage event is on, after which the daily runs in it spikes, and then drops back down once CvC is finished.  When the 2x Ice Golem points were on, there was a spike in that.  If the server was struggling with processing the volume of data then there should have either been some consistency with the amount of data being processed each day, or even potentially random spikes that don't make sense, but not targetted spikes.  
  • It also doesn't really explain Spider's continual growth which is expected, given the high silver benefit and CvC points.  If points processing was being stuck in the buffer then I would have expected random growths in events as they started to catch up.
  • The method that they mentioned to identify the problem is so simple, that it sounds like it could have been done with minimal effort, which makes it even more confusing as to why 2 weeks had passed without any review.  They said that they double checked the numbers on the server with the numbers on the counter and saw a difference.  Why wasn't this check process taking place 24 hours in, or 48 hours?  

None of this is  making sense.  As mentioned, if this really is the case then personally I actually think less of Plarium than if they had said it was an overestimation of the goals.  It just reeks of sloppy processes and poor planning.  

The pessimist in me suggests that other alternative is that they are using this as an opportunity to re-align some numbers with some creative accounting, because they want to avoid having a result whereby we only get 1 reward in the follow-up event, or having to figure out a different solution.  

I'm still going to capture the figures each day just so I have the data for historical purposes, even if the points are likely "meaningless" right now.  

i

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 6, 2022, 02:4808/06/22
02/24/19
I'm still going to capture the figures each day just so I have the data for historical purposes, even if the points are likely "meaningless" right now.   

@RoseRoyal A lot of feedback there. XD XD Tracking is still useful I think, some people might want to see the uptick from day to day playing, and the jump is when the numbers are manually added.

Aug 6, 2022, 05:1608/06/22
02/11/22

That reads so much like one of those White House press releases LOL. So there's the rabbit out of the hat someone predicted they would pull :P

Aug 6, 2022, 08:1008/06/22
09/14/20
RoseRoyal

Well that is frustrating.  So it's not that the milestones were too high, it's that the server couldn't handle the volume of data being sent to it...

I'll be honest that I find this a massive stretch to believe from Plarium.  There's a couple of reasons for this:

• The event has been running for 2 weeks, and assumed to be rather significant as it's the first time this type of event has taken place.  As a result, I assume Plarium has invested some time and energy towards getting it operational.  To say that no-one has noticed that the data wasn't flowing through at all during this time is to imply that no-one was monitoring the event at all, even for the first couple of days after launch.  This is akin to deploying something to production, and then going on holidays.  It is mind boggling to say the least, and if it is correct then I actually think worse of Plarium than if they were to say that they had overestimated the goals.
  • In a similar vein to the above, it also means that this wasn't actually tested prior to launch.  Prior to the trials starting, I assumed they would have had a soft launch to test that the data collation processes would have been working with production data, or volumes equivilent to it.  I would have expected this soft launch would have ran behind the scenes for a couple of weeks, prior to resetting the numbers and giving it to the public.  Any issues would have been identified behind the scenes without any player knowing.  This is basic development 101.
  • The issue with points being stuck in the buffer doesn't really explain why there were noticable spikes in certain events at key moments.  Fire Knight has a slow incremental growth right until the 2x Savage event is on, after which the daily runs in it spikes, and then drops back down once CvC is finished.  When the 2x Ice Golem points were on, there was a spike in that.  If the server was struggling with processing the volume of data then there should have either been some consistency with the amount of data being processed each day, or even potentially random spikes that don't make sense, but not targetted spikes.  
  • It also doesn't really explain Spider's continual growth which is expected, given the high silver benefit and CvC points.  If points processing was being stuck in the buffer then I would have expected random growths in events as they started to catch up.
  • The method that they mentioned to identify the problem is so simple, that it sounds like it could have been done with minimal effort, which makes it even more confusing as to why 2 weeks had passed without any review.  They said that they double checked the numbers on the server with the numbers on the counter and saw a difference.  Why wasn't this check process taking place 24 hours in, or 48 hours?  

None of this is  making sense.  As mentioned, if this really is the case then personally I actually think less of Plarium than if they had said it was an overestimation of the goals.  It just reeks of sloppy processes and poor planning.  

The pessimist in me suggests that other alternative is that they are using this as an opportunity to re-align some numbers with some creative accounting, because they want to avoid having a result whereby we only get 1 reward in the follow-up event, or having to figure out a different solution.  

i

Total agreement....it is hard to believe what Plarium is offering us...

Aug 6, 2022, 21:4608/06/22
Aug 6, 2022, 21:54(edited)
02/13/21

19 day update and it is a quick one, as the progress since yesterday is 0%.  The server has stopped as Alan Jones, er... I mean, Plarium, indicated to "fix" the issue.

Fire Knight has only changed to red becuase the expected completion has increased with the incremental days

i

Aug 7, 2022, 11:1508/07/22
10/08/17

What Plarium in a nut shell are saying is they 'under estimated' the player base again :/

Meaning they never thought we could  do it or produce such activity and overwhelmed the calculator

I think we (player base) needs  more respect from Plarium going forward. We can indeed achieve great things  in the most popular game Plarium has :)

Aug 7, 2022, 14:2508/07/22
12/19/19
PriestGuardian

What Plarium in a nut shell are saying is they 'under estimated' the player base again :/

Meaning they never thought we could  do it or produce such activity and overwhelmed the calculator

I think we (player base) needs  more respect from Plarium going forward. We can indeed achieve great things  in the most popular game Plarium has :)

PG, always with an optimistic view... 😆 

I am going to stick with creative accounting  / cover-up / oops by Plarium.