All Categories

Arena is crap again

Arena is crap again

Search
Comments
Mar 31, 2022, 12:0203/31/22

Nevermind , appeared for me +1 points at PvP.

Maybe next time Plarium set, negative points for wins. This point system started to move to comical direction.

Mar 31, 2022, 12:1803/31/22
02/28/22
bill

I was just trying a different arena team as an experiment

I lost the fight

I lost 17 points

Then I tried my normal team and won

I won 4 points

So I'm now 13 points down from wining 1 and losing 1

That seems real broke to me! 

Yeah happened to me - I'm only S3 and I'm usually getting 3 or 4 teams ranked higher than me,  and they are G4 capable teams, so I have to battle teams ranked below me, which are really good teams, so I fight one and lose, just, and I lose 13 points, I make one change to my team and win - 2 points - so I'm 11 down, it's stupid, demotivating and it is the brainchild of some deluded idiot who thinks they know what they are doing

Mar 31, 2022, 12:2003/31/22
02/14/21

I hope all us complainers understand that when and if we ger a reply it is going to be the same old company BS.

This was WAI, Arena is meant to be the most challenging part of our game, blah blah balh.

Until enough people complain and quit then after 2,3 or 4 months, they will come out and say we understand peoples fustration and are looking at ways to improve the experience.

then 2,3 or 4 months later they will add the bots back in Errrrr I mean expand the pool of players that are drawn from for matching.

I really just once a gaming company would be honest๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š

Mar 31, 2022, 12:4103/31/22
Mar 31, 2022, 12:44(edited)
03/30/21
Minin

I hope all us complainers understand that when and if we ger a reply it is going to be the same old company BS.

This was WAI, Arena is meant to be the most challenging part of our game, blah blah balh.

Until enough people complain and quit then after 2,3 or 4 months, they will come out and say we understand peoples fustration and are looking at ways to improve the experience.

then 2,3 or 4 months later they will add the bots back in Errrrr I mean expand the pool of players that are drawn from for matching.

I really just once a gaming company would be honest๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š

To be honest i understand end game players wanting arena to be really competitive.

The problem is that classic is so entwined with PVE.  People who struggle with tag arena do not really mind because their progress is not stunted as a result.

With classic however if you cant hit G4, no arbiter for you, and if you cant stay in gold... well it will take 40,000 years to do your great hall.  And of course the tier bonus's will be lost.

Give classic a shop and token system, put good stuff in it- remove all the pve missions that are gated by classic pvp progress.

Allow a way to grind medals outside arena (or trade them). Provide a pve route to arbiter.

Problem fixed... players can 'competitively play' in arena if they want to (and i would still play it) or not if it is not their thing.

Mar 31, 2022, 13:0003/31/22
BenHuyAmon

To be honest i understand end game players wanting arena to be really competitive.

The problem is that classic is so entwined with PVE.  People who struggle with tag arena do not really mind because their progress is not stunted as a result.

With classic however if you cant hit G4, no arbiter for you, and if you cant stay in gold... well it will take 40,000 years to do your great hall.  And of course the tier bonus's will be lost.

Give classic a shop and token system, put good stuff in it- remove all the pve missions that are gated by classic pvp progress.

Allow a way to grind medals outside arena (or trade them). Provide a pve route to arbiter.

Problem fixed... players can 'competitively play' in arena if they want to (and i would still play it) or not if it is not their thing.

"To be honest i understand end game players wanting arena to be really competitive. "

Or just Plarium want more Gems burning for more pay. Because this point system result is, hard to move up because instantly lose 17 ponts and need to burn gems for upwarding, because need 4x-5x times more battles for win to move to top places.

Mar 31, 2022, 15:1503/31/22
02/14/21

knocked down to G2 ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Ty all for the interesting conversations we have had but this is not a hill I want to reclimb.

Take care all

Mar 31, 2022, 16:0503/31/22
04/03/19

I agree! How are we supposed to do the great hall?!?!  

Does anyone know, since the answer to my ticket was worthless, that if I finish in Gold 1 why I would receive silver 4 rewards??  I could not get an answer other than "working as designed" which might as well say "we don't care about you."

Mar 31, 2022, 17:1603/31/22
11/15/20

I cant believe this conversation is still going. Lol people just love to continue to complain about the obvious. :) if this is what you guys want to waste your time on my guest but its pretty pointless.

Mar 31, 2022, 17:5203/31/22
Mar 31, 2022, 18:04(edited)
02/11/22

I'll try to rephrase this so maybe the devs start getting the picture.

Imagine you go to the store, and you buy yourself an old Nintendo, and you buy --, i dont know, like Zelda Ocarina of Time, and since its been out for like 2 decades, you end up being the 1,454,326th player to buy it. So literally, at this very moment, you are the LAST person to start playing.

Well guess what? You can still FINISH the game!!!! It doesnt matter that the 1,454,325 players before you finished it ahead of you, your game is not tied to theirs.

But this game? because of arena/progress missions being tied, is exactly like if in the example above, you would need to beat up all the players who finished level 10 but only with level 5 items, so you can move up to the next dungeon, It would make no sense. 

There's only one solution as far as i'm concerned. Make arena point gains permanent. And then have different plateaux to separate the players. Like, win 1 arena, gain x points, This goes in your bank. Once you reach like 1000 points, you move up, then 5000, then 10000, then 50000 then 200000 or whatever. No more yo-yo, only up, up, up, up, and everyone's mood is up, up, up, up as a result. And now everyone gets Arbiter when they reach X points, but it's still on them to do all the runs to get there. Problem solved for everyone :P

Oh... and as an edit:

You can now have a real "look at my big account" leaderboard, so whales can show off and be happy because their name is on top. And whats more, someone could actually dislodge them from their position with a weaker team, by paying gems non-stop... because now the leaderboard is purely tied to number of wins. More runs, more wins, more points. See? even Plarium wins in this scenario :P

Mar 31, 2022, 18:1003/31/22
11/15/20
Swiftblade

I'll try to rephrase this so maybe the devs start getting the picture.

Imagine you go to the store, and you buy yourself an old Nintendo, and you buy --, i dont know, like Zelda Ocarina of Time, and since its been out for like 2 decades, you end up being the 1,454,326th player to buy it. So literally, at this very moment, you are the LAST person to start playing.

Well guess what? You can still FINISH the game!!!! It doesnt matter that the 1,454,325 players before you finished it ahead of you, your game is not tied to theirs.

But this game? because of arena/progress missions being tied, is exactly like if in the example above, you would need to beat up all the players who finished level 10 but only with level 5 items, so you can move up to the next dungeon, It would make no sense. 

There's only one solution as far as i'm concerned. Make arena point gains permanent. And then have different plateaux to separate the players. Like, win 1 arena, gain x points, This goes in your bank. Once you reach like 1000 points, you move up, then 5000, then 10000, then 50000 then 200000 or whatever. No more yo-yo, only up, up, up, up, and everyone's mood is up, up, up, up as a result. And now everyone gets Arbiter when they reach X points, but it's still on them to do all the runs to get there. Problem solved for everyone :P

Oh... and as an edit:

You can now have a real "look at my big account" leaderboard, so whales can show off and be happy because their name is on top. And whats more, someone could actually dislodge them from their position with a weaker team, by paying gems non-stop... because now the leaderboard is purely tied to number of wins. More runs, more wins, more points. See? even Plarium wins in this scenario :P

ok that fixes the arbiter prob but causes another. Thats not right. arena is meant to be a pvp winner takes all kinda battle. sure its hard but if the game was always easy thered be no point in paying it. i thin a better solution is coming up with a more realistic goal to get arbiter maybe something that has nothing to do with arena

Mar 31, 2022, 18:4003/31/22
02/14/21
Ophelia Later

ok that fixes the arbiter prob but causes another. Thats not right. arena is meant to be a pvp winner takes all kinda battle. sure its hard but if the game was always easy thered be no point in paying it. i thin a better solution is coming up with a more realistic goal to get arbiter maybe something that has nothing to do with arena

First you tell us that we should stop posting about this.

Now it is a  veiled GET GUD!

Player J is that you?

Mar 31, 2022, 18:4903/31/22
11/16/20
Minin

Player J is that you?

This is a very new player that has not been through the swings of arena or even cleared dungeons yet, they have a lot to learn. I believe they do not even have a full team of 60s yet.

I'm sure bots will come back in a couple months because this seems to be the progression of the game. Arena becomes unbearable for the average non whale, there is massive community outrage, in come the bots. Then slowly things come back full circle.

Give this poster a few months to actually have a real account and some game time/knowledge and they will be tossing up the pitchforks like the rest of the community that have been around.

As too arena there is definitely a problem again(hellhades just put out a 40 min video about arena today). At the same time there are people again that are clueless and ride the artificial wave up and are mad they are dropping.

Don't get me wrong as there are plenty of good players with justified anger about the current state of arena. My team speeds are 339>281>250>235 and I'm struggling myself in lower G4 this week.

Mar 31, 2022, 18:5003/31/22
12/19/19
Minin

Player J is that you?

Brutal 12.3 :)

Mar 31, 2022, 18:5703/31/22
02/14/21
Trips

Brutal 12.3 :)

Nope 

ACE and smile more as it is not such a drudge as Raid has become.

Mar 31, 2022, 20:2703/31/22
Mar 31, 2022, 20:31(edited)
03/30/21
evilized6666

This is a very new player that has not been through the swings of arena or even cleared dungeons yet, they have a lot to learn. I believe they do not even have a full team of 60s yet.

I'm sure bots will come back in a couple months because this seems to be the progression of the game. Arena becomes unbearable for the average non whale, there is massive community outrage, in come the bots. Then slowly things come back full circle.

Give this poster a few months to actually have a real account and some game time/knowledge and they will be tossing up the pitchforks like the rest of the community that have been around.

As too arena there is definitely a problem again(hellhades just put out a 40 min video about arena today). At the same time there are people again that are clueless and ride the artificial wave up and are mad they are dropping.

Don't get me wrong as there are plenty of good players with justified anger about the current state of arena. My team speeds are 339>281>250>235 and I'm struggling myself in lower G4 this week.

I dont think speed is enough right now, i think you have the cat which helps you on attack?

I tend to go looking for basic speed nuke teams to pick on (no tormin/hedgemon/siphi/leorius etc) ....but the classic speed nuke teams (such as arbiter/lyssandra/serris/trunda) seem to be disappearing into G3 and below.

When i refresh i usually get a page of hedge/warlord/siphi & rotos/ tormin now.

Mar 31, 2022, 20:3903/31/22
09/29/16

Don't give a damn where I am in the arena, mostly 'cause I already have Arbiter. But I do get pissed when I have to buy gems for wasting arena chips. When I won't make Arena tournament for fragments summon I will stop playing. As arena is now, this might be soon

Mar 31, 2022, 20:4603/31/22
11/16/20
BenHuyAmon

I dont think speed is enough right now, i think you have the cat which helps you on attack?

I tend to go looking for basic speed nuke teams to pick on (no tormin/hedgemon/siphi/leorius etc) ....but the classic speed nuke teams (such as arbiter/lyssandra/serris/trunda) seem to be disappearing into G3 and below.

When i refresh i usually get a page of hedge/warlord/siphi & rotos/ tormin now.

Yes I kind of agree speed alone isn't enough. This is my standard go to speed nuke team I currently use. I have other options to slot in depending on what I'm fighting. It brings buff strips, speed and acc decrease, buff blocks, fears, and of course big boy cat to cheat if things go bad.

So yeah I guess to the extent you do need more than just being the fastest in some cases, bringing a lot of utility helps fill in some gaps.

i

Apr 1, 2022, 03:1004/01/22
10/11/20

Last reset i dropped out of G5, which was mostly my fault, i dabbled with my defense presets thinking it will make it better - ended up making it worse. No biggie, you live and learn, right?

So just now i made a huge push to see if i can get back up there, seeing how in G5 i got attacked maybe 5-8 times a day and in g4 i get attacked so many times in an hour. Like every day is D-Day.

On the way up i've beaten god-knows-how-many teams from accounts over three (3) times more powerful than mine, including one player that was once first in plat, based on the avatar.

And i'm still not there. Got up to 3490 points, lost two fights in a row and said "You know wat? F. this, i'm out!" Too much work for too little reward!

I"m a relatively new player, but i can say that in my 1.5 years of playing i haven't had a harder time in the arena, and less rewarding. THe gist of the problem as i see it, and as was mentioned before, is that you get attacked by players with few points, but whose teams are not only not weaker, but often more powerful. So you lose 2, 3, 4 times a day to such teams, and drop down like 100 points. To get back up, you basically have to do the same thing they did to you: attack those with more points, try to even out the loss.

The problem being, like i said, there's like 2-3 such teams per page - sometimes just ONE - and you basically either have to spend gems refreshing or stand guard at your phone or computer until the page refreshes. On top of all that, when you attack those teams with fewer points, you are heavily penalized for a loss. And whoever thought to justify such system by saying ''ok, they have less points, therefore they are weaker, therefore you need to be punished for losing to them!"

No, my dear ladies and gentlemen, they are NOT weaker! Most definitely not! They just didn't play as much. One guy went to take a long dump, but it took him most of the day because he was severely constipated, and didn't have time to play Raid. Some other got his member stuck in a beer bottle, and between rushing to the ER and answering some very awkward questions to his family and friends, also didn't have time to play Raid.

THere's a myriad of reasons why someone is lower on the rankings than you. Being severely penalized for a loss and getting virtually nothing for a win against a team at or above your "power level'' - actively disincentivizes you from participating.

i

Apr 1, 2022, 03:2704/01/22
06/25/20

There's one other problem with the way they have the system set up, as far as defense is concerned. Arena is, largely speaking, a game of rock-paper-scissors. It doesn't quite boil down that simply, but broadly speaking, it's like you're playing that rock-paper-scissors except you get to see a glimpse of their hand before you make your decision.

Defense is always playing at a disadvantage. That's not a huge deal when you are evenly matched, as far as points are concerned, because you'll eventually settle into your "deserved" rank. What happens, though, is that despite being lower ranked, you're not actually significantly weaker. Combine that with the advantage of knowing your opponent's team, and you can usually craft a team to beat that much better geared opponent.

I don't know what the right solution is. The old system wasn't fun for me, because it was basically just "use my tokens up on autobattle because I don't need to think at all about how to win". The new system I prefer, but I can also see how it creates a quagmire that is impossible to get out of.

My current framework that I haven't really fully fleshed out is - maybe if every reset, there was a point multiplier applied to victories, that decayed over the course of the week. So, at the start of the week, your wins would be worth, say, 4 times the number of arena points. By the end of the week, that drops down to just the normal amount. This'd let some teams rise up faster than others, and create a healthier spread of teams.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 1, 2022, 04:3404/01/22
02/24/19

Quick note, I'm with you guys on this 100%. Arena is the most difficult I have ever seen it. 

I spoke, at length, with our Community Managers on Monday about why this could be, and what the G5 matchmaking is doing to the rest of us non-super whales. About how it is pushing down on G4 and G3 and below, about how it is super silly to match you against people that are only 0 or 1 points for a victory. About how half your slate is basically useless, cause it doesn't even make up for a single defense loss. We talked about how basically Plat is now only half populated, showing how difficult it has become for even Plat players.

We continue to discuss it now, and I am reading all yoru feedback and passing it on. <3

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.