All Categories

Arena is crap again

Arena is crap again

Search
Comments
Mar 29, 2022, 23:1203/29/22
04/10/20

i

Harle,  While there are lots of moans about arena again ( rightfully, but should respect the real world situation in expecting any repair) I was wondering how I can get booted from gold by this? Same player three attacks  in three minutes. 

Mar 29, 2022, 23:3003/29/22
04/10/20

I feel silly, they lost not me  

Mar 29, 2022, 23:3003/29/22
10/11/20
Ratted

The latest changes are bad for the arena 

1.  I'm now nervous attacking anyone in m,y list, the teams ahead of me are mostly out of my league so unless I get lucky I'm not winning, that does not mean I shouldn't be in my tier, I'm getting teams from the tier above, as yet I'm not strong enough for the next tier but I shouldn't be punished for that, I've got to my tier because I am strong enough for this tier and I should fight others in my tier

2.  If I attack someone lower than me (which does not mean I'm picking on lower power teams) if I win I get stupid points - I got two in one battle.  If I lose I get hammered - 16 points in one battle

3.  Swift parry, reaction gear, stoneskin - you can't build teams 'in case' the opposition has some of these sets

4. They are breaking the balance of the game with ridiculously over powered new champs, if you want to keep the balance in games, (and if you don't ultimately players leave and the game dies,) they gave Lydia a 100% block, not even 10% for each dead enemy, ignores block revive, gets an extra turn, is described 'Lydia is an extremely powerful champion for most content in Raid Shadow Legends. Hence, she could not be summoned from a Void Shard else it enables player to complete the game too quickly!  - wheres the balance for that, it just says you can finish the game without Lydia, this is for PVP not PVE and basicallyin PVE you have no defence if you have revivers in your team as attackers will find your defence with revivers and attack, the AI will use revive boom you're dead. Nekhret - again, just why?   Apart from arena why did the game need champs like this, every area was beatable without them

At the moment I don't really care, I've seen all these issues raised and whilst usually well meaning replies are let us help with your roster, some are 'it's how it is deal with it, end gamers usually, Hell Hades has done really good videos on this very subject so nothing I say will make a difference, I'll play till I hit the wall and get bored then find a game that looks after it's player base better

Lydia's passive is easily counted by any champion with a self revive mechanic. Don't forget, her passive has a 7 turn cooldown. I run Cruetraxa if they don't strip buffs, if they do - a void rare Daywalker is enough. Other champions that do the trick, just off of memory, are Torturehelm, Bushi, Brakus, Minaya, Tormin... probably a few others I can't think of right now. 

Mar 30, 2022, 00:0303/30/22
06/25/20
Tyr Anasazi

Lydia's passive is easily counted by any champion with a self revive mechanic. Don't forget, her passive has a 7 turn cooldown. I run Cruetraxa if they don't strip buffs, if they do - a void rare Daywalker is enough. Other champions that do the trick, just off of memory, are Torturehelm, Bushi, Brakus, Minaya, Tormin... probably a few others I can't think of right now. 

That said - I do think the AI should just not revive if it sees a Lydia on the other team. Would be a simple fix and would work in most situations.

Mar 30, 2022, 06:4203/30/22
02/28/22
kramaswamy.kr

That said - I do think the AI should just not revive if it sees a Lydia on the other team. Would be a simple fix and would work in most situations.

Agreed, that's one option, but to run a rare in a team of four isn't giving much of an advantage, if the other team has Lydia they have completed FW, so they are going to be strong - however my real point is that bringing in OP champs that aren't needed imo they are breaking the game

Mar 30, 2022, 09:4103/30/22
03/30/21
Tyr Anasazi

It is, and lydia alone will not put me off hitting a team.

To me it is about building up headaches for the attacking team.

Opposing team got a tormin?...ok you can counter that (dark elhain seems popular or siphi blocking debuffs).

Opposing team got leorius? again it can be countered with a block buffs, and lydia can be dealt with too.

Put enough of those headaches on the same team however and it becomes a team i do not need the hassle of trying to attack.

I have recently tried lydia in 3 v 3 (i built her in perception, 550 accuracy, but only 270 resistance as i struggled to get both)... so far she is far from overpowered. I am a bit underwhelmed.

Mar 30, 2022, 09:5703/30/22
10/11/20
BenHuyAmon

It is, and lydia alone will not put me off hitting a team.

To me it is about building up headaches for the attacking team.

Opposing team got a tormin?...ok you can counter that (dark elhain seems popular or siphi blocking debuffs).

Opposing team got leorius? again it can be countered with a block buffs, and lydia can be dealt with too.

Put enough of those headaches on the same team however and it becomes a team i do not need the hassle of trying to attack.

I have recently tried lydia in 3 v 3 (i built her in perception, 550 accuracy, but only 270 resistance as i struggled to get both)... so far she is far from overpowered. I am a bit underwhelmed.

It is better to opt for either one or the other, ACC or RES. Otherwise, she ends up doing both her roles poorly. I originally built her as a hybrid too, but she proved much better with full on accuracy, 624 in my case, full Perception. That way she can lock out most RES Dutchess' and Siphis no problem. 

Mar 30, 2022, 11:1503/30/22
03/30/21
Tyr Anasazi

It is better to opt for either one or the other, ACC or RES. Otherwise, she ends up doing both her roles poorly. I originally built her as a hybrid too, but she proved much better with full on accuracy, 624 in my case, full Perception. That way she can lock out most RES Dutchess' and Siphis no problem. 

Makes sense although i do not have the accuracy banner needed unless i strip another champ so it will have to wait.

My point was mostly that i do not think lydia overpowered, i think there are number of better champs for arena and general content.

Mar 30, 2022, 11:4503/30/22
02/28/22
BenHuyAmon

Makes sense although i do not have the accuracy banner needed unless i strip another champ so it will have to wait.

My point was mostly that i do not think lydia overpowered, i think there are number of better champs for arena and general content.

I'm sorry if you think that then you're not using her correctly

This is part of her description on ayumilove  'Lydia is an extremely powerful champion for most content in Raid Shadow Legends. Hence, she could not be summoned from a Void Shard else it enables player to complete the game too quickly! '

She has 5 star content in everything apart from Spider and Fae

If you have her and use her in offensive 3x3, or classic and battle defensive teams with revivers you should win, simple as that because the AI will always use revive, you can't build defensive teams 'in case' of a Lydia attack so no balance

When Booked Has a 100% chance of placing a [Fear] debuff for 1 turn. Has a 100% chance of increasing the duration of any [Poison Sensitivity] debuffs by 1 turn. 

[Passive Effect] Attacks enemy Champions with this Skill whenever they place a [Freeze], [Stun], [Fear], or [True Fear] debuff on an ally. The number of attacks increases according to how many debuffs are placed at that time: 1 attack for each [Freeze]. [Stun]. [Fear], or [True Fear] debuff placed. The first attack will target the attacker, while all extra hits will attack random enemies. Can only attack each enemy once. 

When Booked  Attacks all enemies. Has a 100% chance of placing a 60% [Decrease DEF] debuff and a 25% [Weaken] debuff for 2 turns Also places a 25% [Strengthen] buff and a 30% [Increase SPD] buff on all allies for 2 turns. 

When Booked Attacks 1 enemy 2 times. The first hit has a 100% chance of placing a 25% [Poison Sensitivity] debuff for 2 turns. The second hit has a 100% chance of placing a [Block Buffs] and [Block Active Skills] debuff or 2 turns. 

Denies enemy revive attempts. This works even if this Champion is dead. If this Champion is alive when an enemy revives is denied, revives all dead allies with 50% HP and 50% Turn Meter. Grants an Extra Turn instead if there are no dead allies. If this Champion is dead when enemy revive is denied, revives this Champion with 50% HP and 50% Turn Meter. This skill will ignore [Block Revive]. 

If you are seriously saying that isn't overpowered then I despair - just what area in the game needed a champ like this?

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 30, 2022, 11:5203/30/22
02/24/19
QuBear

I feel silly, they lost not me  

I was gonna say..... :D :D

(This USED to be an issue a long time ago, someone hitting YOUR team and your team alone over and over again to knock you down....or purposely losing to someone else's team over and over again to help them win or make Plat. Seems we've come a long way since then, tbh)

Mar 30, 2022, 12:4703/30/22
02/14/21

I do not know what they changed when they added G5, but is has made a part of the game i did not enjoy down right unpleasant now.

I was in G4 with a soild team, and would be in lower G4 NP with around 50 to 100 points in.

This week I have been hit so much I am almost into G2, and after CVC I most likely will be uninstalling because of this.

Mar 30, 2022, 12:5303/30/22
03/30/21
Ratted

I'm sorry if you think that then you're not using her correctly

This is part of her description on ayumilove  'Lydia is an extremely powerful champion for most content in Raid Shadow Legends. Hence, she could not be summoned from a Void Shard else it enables player to complete the game too quickly! '

She has 5 star content in everything apart from Spider and Fae

If you have her and use her in offensive 3x3, or classic and battle defensive teams with revivers you should win, simple as that because the AI will always use revive, you can't build defensive teams 'in case' of a Lydia attack so no balance

When Booked Has a 100% chance of placing a [Fear] debuff for 1 turn. Has a 100% chance of increasing the duration of any [Poison Sensitivity] debuffs by 1 turn. 

[Passive Effect] Attacks enemy Champions with this Skill whenever they place a [Freeze], [Stun], [Fear], or [True Fear] debuff on an ally. The number of attacks increases according to how many debuffs are placed at that time: 1 attack for each [Freeze]. [Stun]. [Fear], or [True Fear] debuff placed. The first attack will target the attacker, while all extra hits will attack random enemies. Can only attack each enemy once. 

When Booked  Attacks all enemies. Has a 100% chance of placing a 60% [Decrease DEF] debuff and a 25% [Weaken] debuff for 2 turns Also places a 25% [Strengthen] buff and a 30% [Increase SPD] buff on all allies for 2 turns. 

When Booked Attacks 1 enemy 2 times. The first hit has a 100% chance of placing a 25% [Poison Sensitivity] debuff for 2 turns. The second hit has a 100% chance of placing a [Block Buffs] and [Block Active Skills] debuff or 2 turns. 

Denies enemy revive attempts. This works even if this Champion is dead. If this Champion is alive when an enemy revives is denied, revives all dead allies with 50% HP and 50% Turn Meter. Grants an Extra Turn instead if there are no dead allies. If this Champion is dead when enemy revive is denied, revives this Champion with 50% HP and 50% Turn Meter. This skill will ignore [Block Revive]. 

If you are seriously saying that isn't overpowered then I despair - just what area in the game needed a champ like this?

How is your lydia geared differently to mine? i have high accuracy and speed and as much res as i can get.

She is good, but there are champs that have a bigger or at least an equal effect on arena than lydia- warlord, duchess, siphi, hedgemon, nekhret all massively icrease your options, and i guess you could include kymar too.

Leorious makes attacking teams on offence trivial (not so good on defence)

She is one of many champs that can improve your options in arena, and not really the best one.

Mar 30, 2022, 12:5503/30/22
03/30/21
Minin

I do not know what they changed when they added G5, but is has made a part of the game i did not enjoy down right unpleasant now.

I was in G4 with a soild team, and would be in lower G4 NP with around 50 to 100 points in.

This week I have been hit so much I am almost into G2, and after CVC I most likely will be uninstalling because of this.

I am feeling you, i am in G4 but only just- and i was comfortably finishing on 3.7k before they added G5.

I have never seen so many clan mates drop into G3 in all the time ihave played.

Mar 30, 2022, 13:0603/30/22
02/28/22
BenHuyAmon

I am feeling you, i am in G4 but only just- and i was comfortably finishing on 3.7k before they added G5.

It's not just G5, it's the points award now - if you get attacked by a lower ranked team you can lose up to 16 points - this will be why players across the board are complaining, just because a team is currently below you in points does not make them weaker.  In fact a good strategy would be to stay near the bottom of your tier till near reset so everyone is above you and you can shoot  up the tier

I got 3 points for a win earlier, after losing 14 points to the same team and making one team change, two battles one win each I'm 11 points down

Mar 30, 2022, 13:3903/30/22
11/16/20
BenHuyAmon

They def changed something with their algorithm. It does get worse each week. The empowerment of champions that "wasn't going to effect" the average player is a straight up lie. The bottom of G4 this week is littered with +2 and +4 champions and not just one per team.

I used to also finish around 3.8k each week pre g5, now each week I normally sit around 3.2-3.3k, this week I am having trouble even staying at 3.1k.

No idea why there is not just a ladder or true elo system, oh I know why it's so they can try to milk more money lol.

50$ for a skin is absurd BTW, why can league of legends sell skins for 3$-10$ yet this game is beyond greedy with everything and everything is a trap to try to get more money out of the player base. This is the first and last mobile game I will ever play. As much as I enjoy this game some of the underhanded practices are very souring.

Mar 30, 2022, 14:3903/30/22
03/30/21
evilized6666

They def changed something with their algorithm. It does get worse each week. The empowerment of champions that "wasn't going to effect" the average player is a straight up lie. The bottom of G4 this week is littered with +2 and +4 champions and not just one per team.

I used to also finish around 3.8k each week pre g5, now each week I normally sit around 3.2-3.3k, this week I am having trouble even staying at 3.1k.

No idea why there is not just a ladder or true elo system, oh I know why it's so they can try to milk more money lol.

50$ for a skin is absurd BTW, why can league of legends sell skins for 3$-10$ yet this game is beyond greedy with everything and everything is a trap to try to get more money out of the player base. This is the first and last mobile game I will ever play. As much as I enjoy this game some of the underhanded practices are very souring.

I am ftp, i have paid for a wow subsciption in the past, but the prices on raid just don't feel reasonable so i spend nothing.

But yes 50 dollars for a skin is just insane, people will buy it though so if people buy it then they will keep offering things at a ridiculous price.

Mar 30, 2022, 16:1203/30/22
03/30/21

Can someone answer a quick query?

This is from my defence log, for once i got a net positive as he was ranked higher than me, but he had 3 goes and eventually found a winning combo, i see this quite often.

so i ended up +7 up.

I am correct that the player who tried 3 times will have lost a net of 19 points? (2 losses at 14 points and gained 7 back)...so why do i not get those points?.  Or am i wrong and he would have only lost a net of 7 points? .  I never bother attacking someone again when i lose so am not sure. It seems a mechanism where both the attacher and defender lose if so- designed to take points from the system,

i

Mar 30, 2022, 16:1603/30/22
04/19/20

put gold 1  for arbiter    or bots  the can fix it because people are not progressing for months maybe years 

arena is most boring thing in  raid of shadow

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 30, 2022, 16:1803/30/22
02/24/19
BenHuyAmon

Can someone answer a quick query?

This is from my defence log, for once i got a net positive as he was ranked higher than me, but he had 3 goes and eventually found a winning combo, i see this quite often.

so i ended up +7 up.

I am correct that the player who tried 3 times will have lost a net of 19 points? (2 losses at 14 points and gained 7 back)...so why do i not get those points?.  Or am i wrong and he would have only lost a net of 7 points? .  I never bother attacking someone again when i lose so am not sure. It seems a mechanism where both the attacher and defender lose if so- designed to take points from the system,

i

He hit you once and you won, gaining you +14. He hit you again and you won again, gaining you nothing. (This prevents people purposely loosing to a known opponent over and over again to boost their ranking) He would have lost points from each one of those two losses.

Then he hit you again and finally won, causing you to lose 7 points while he won back some of the points he lost from each of his two losses.

Mar 30, 2022, 16:2403/30/22
03/30/21

Thanks thats how i thought it worked, i hadnt realised it was intended to stop boosting.

Unfortunately it means that one side effect is points are lost from the system and gained by no-one, and quite often i will get hit by someone and get 3 points, they will hit me three more times or even four more times and eventually get a win and i will lose 16

Its quite frustrating

Anyway thanks for confirming.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.