All Categories

Arena. Considering to quit now

Arena. Considering to quit now

Search
Comments
Jan 28, 2022, 18:4501/28/22
06/20/19
trevor.wilson

If you are playing regularly it should not become harder to keep your current tier, because you should naturally increase in capability though playing?

I totally understand why people who have been in G4 but now find themselves in G1 are extremely frustrated, i would be.

I think this is a good point.  Arena should not be stagnant.  As longer term players get more/new goodies (stone skin etc.) ans as newer term players move up, obviously the compettion will increase.

But if you grow your game, why aren't you stepping up?  I think that's a qood question.

The argument that arena should be stagnant is a non starter.   Other wise why not just remove all PvP interaction and make arena just another dungeon?

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 28, 2022, 18:5701/28/22
02/24/19
Minin

ROFLOL

I have already had to do some house cleaning for more gear room if an item did not roll a double Speed or % stat it got sold.

This is a good place to be! (Annoying to have to be cleansing all the time though.... lol)

Jan 28, 2022, 19:1101/28/22
02/14/21
Angwil

I think this is a good point.  Arena should not be stagnant.  As longer term players get more/new goodies (stone skin etc.) ans as newer term players move up, obviously the compettion will increase.

But if you grow your game, why aren't you stepping up?  I think that's a qood question.

The argument that arena should be stagnant is a non starter.   Other wise why not just remove all PvP interaction and make arena just another dungeon?

I agree and disagree.

While I understand Arena should be constantly changing, I like to remember that this is a game not a job and if  farming Dragon, dragon dragon and more dragon just to hold on to what people already have the game becomes Unfun for many IMO

Jan 28, 2022, 20:0401/28/22
10/15/20
Minin

Very well said.

I am in G4 and since listening to people on these fourms, I have been abe to stay there pretty easy last couple resets.

But the biggest factor IMO is I farmed Dragon so much that i wanted to quit and finially got  some good rolls on my speed gear that I can compete  speed wise more often than not.

I really do not buy the whole skill thing, even for Plat as i watch the vids and all people do is auto battle, there is no skill involved IMO.

The only skill involved is experience in knowing what champs does what .

Yeh, the thing with plat is that as whales they all seem to have multiple copies of the top champs in different sets, so they  have to be able to read how the opponent is going to be geared etc

So it looks a bit more tactical 

It was watching plat vids that got me to try the game, i didnt realise at the time that with one or two exceptions it is only whales that have the choice that you see in plat

Jan 28, 2022, 20:0701/28/22
06/25/20

When you see screenshots like this, you'll understand why plat is only for whales

i

Jan 28, 2022, 20:3101/28/22
Jan 28, 2022, 20:31(edited)
10/15/20
kramaswamy.kr

When you see screenshots like this, you'll understand why plat is only for whales

i

I saw a team in G4 today with +4 siphi and two +4 rotos... and it made me wonder just how much that person had spent

I dont get the whaling mindset, but know whales are needed for these games to exist :)

EDIT - 415 speed!!

Jan 28, 2022, 21:3601/28/22
07/20/20

Arena's matching system suck, doesn't matter how much good gear I get, as soon as I make enough points, I get impossible teams (not harder, just impossible) to fight against, and what ends up happening is I lose the points (just lost -72 points), then I start getting one or two teams on my level. And the worse part is I'm still in G1. 

I do understand higher levels, like G4 or plat to have these impossible teams, but I'm getting them in G1!!! 

These teams are NOT G1 level, I guarantee it. 

Whatever bunch of idiots is coding this area of the game don't know what they're doing... 

Jan 29, 2022, 16:2701/29/22
Jan 29, 2022, 16:28(edited)
05/22/21
MrFloyd

Arena's matching system suck, doesn't matter how much good gear I get, as soon as I make enough points, I get impossible teams (not harder, just impossible) to fight against, and what ends up happening is I lose the points (just lost -72 points), then I start getting one or two teams on my level. And the worse part is I'm still in G1. 

I do understand higher levels, like G4 or plat to have these impossible teams, but I'm getting them in G1!!! 

These teams are NOT G1 level, I guarantee it. 

Whatever bunch of idiots is coding this area of the game don't know what they're doing... 

It's not the coding problem, it is the in game shop and it being overwhelmingly P2W while quite popular at same time.

Jan 29, 2022, 18:2301/29/22
10/15/20

Highlights how ridiculous matchmaking can be, B1 (CREDIT utuber)

i

Jan 29, 2022, 20:4001/29/22
02/14/21
trevor.wilson

i

Nothing to see here move along.

Those are hoird teams any noob should beat.

Farm more dragon!

GET GUD!

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 29, 2022, 20:5701/29/22
Jan 29, 2022, 20:58(edited)
02/24/19
trevor.wilson

i

I assume he is also a high level account/player that has fallen back on purpose? If so, he is being matched against similar accts to his. Arena DOES matchmake, and it prevents new accounts from seeing many pages like these, if any at all. It matchmakes MORE in Bronze and Silver than it does in Gold even....

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 29, 2022, 20:5801/29/22
02/24/19
Minin

Farm more dragon!

GET GUD!

Didn't you make it to Gold 4 and stay there by farming more Dragon? lol :P

Jan 29, 2022, 21:2701/29/22
Jan 29, 2022, 21:53(edited)
02/14/21
harleQuinn

Didn't you make it to Gold 4 and stay there by farming more Dragon? lol :P

Why do you feel the need to defend something that for many is a point of fustration.

To answer your question yes and no

I have been in G4 since about April of last year.

Last time I checked there is more than 1 dugeon in this game and the fact to compete in 1 aera of the game you have to farm 1 dugeon until you feel like quitting comes off as an issue to me.

Just my thoughts not that Plarium listens to it player base 😁

PS

Sorry crabby as pulling the 1K shards i need to get the frag 😈

But on the plus side I am going to be loaded to bear come CVC might be able to do 3 new 60s😎

Jan 29, 2022, 22:2001/29/22
12/19/19
Minin

Farm more dragon!

GET GUD!

I was gonna say get gud and not be joking, but the real answer is just fight the 4th team in the list and come back later  :)

The only acceptable arena for most is every refresh having mostly teams that they will beat, 😆 

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 29, 2022, 22:2901/29/22
02/24/19
Trips

I was gonna say get gud and not be joking, but the real answer is just fight the 4th team in the list and come back later  :)

The only acceptable arena for most is every refresh having mostly teams that they will beat, 😆 

But if YOU can beat all the teams on a page, who are THOSE people playing when they are on offense? Surely SOMEONE must have to get a page they can't win the majority of matches on?? :D

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 29, 2022, 22:3501/29/22
02/24/19
Minin

Why do you feel the need to defend something that for many is a point of fustration.

To answer your question yes and no

I have been in G4 since about April of last year.

Last time I checked there is more than 1 dugeon in this game and the fact to compete in 1 aera of the game you have to farm 1 dugeon until you feel like quitting comes off as an issue to me.

Just my thoughts not that Plarium listens to it player base 😁

PS

Sorry crabby as pulling the 1K shards i need to get the frag 😈

But on the plus side I am going to be loaded to bear come CVC might be able to do 3 new 60s😎

It's not about defending, it is about trying to get people to do the thing that works. Or at least the thing that worked for me.

I REPORT to Plarium that Arena is frustrating us every single week, when I do my report, and point out many threads like this. But saying that I do so in every thread doesn't help. "There's Quinn again, saying she reported this." 

Instead, I recommend what I know works, from personal experience.

Sorry you had to open 1000 shards. I am going to have to do that later myself and I am NOT looking forward to it at all. Not a bit.

Jan 29, 2022, 22:4401/29/22
02/14/21
harleQuinn

But if YOU can beat all the teams on a page, who are THOSE people playing when they are on offense? Surely SOMEONE must have to get a page they can't win the majority of matches on?? :D

No at least for me each page has 2 or 3 fights I can win the rest, most times I can tell will be auto lose and this is for my main account in G4.

My second account in S4/G4 I get maybe 1 fight a page if I am lucky.

IMO it really sucks to not be able to progress in other areas of the game because it seems to screw you over for Arena.

Jan 29, 2022, 23:2701/29/22
Jan 29, 2022, 23:44(edited)
10/15/20

The teams in that screenshot are clearly vets/whales that havent bothered with arena for an awfully long time.

They should not be in the arena matchmaking system at all. 

If someone doesnt fight in arena for a month, they should drop out of the matchmaking system completely. Logging on for ten mins to chat with clanmates should not keep players in arena.

Jan 29, 2022, 23:4901/29/22
10/15/20
Trips

Yes, that is true, and that is because most people consider this game to be pve, and view arena as a frustrating but necessary evil to progress in the game.

Personally i think its fine to have a competitive part of the game like arena, but it needs to be decoupled from progress in other areas of the game. In other words missions adjusted and alternative methods provided to advance great hall. 

I am in a stable position, i stay in G4 easily nowadays, but remember well the extreme frustration months ago and we are back to that level of difficulty now that bots/not-bots are gone from the game.

Jan 30, 2022, 00:3401/30/22
12/19/19
trevor.wilson

Yes, that is true, and that is because most people consider this game to be pve, and view arena as a frustrating but necessary evil to progress in the game.

Personally i think its fine to have a competitive part of the game like arena, but it needs to be decoupled from progress in other areas of the game. In other words missions adjusted and alternative methods provided to advance great hall. 

I am in a stable position, i stay in G4 easily nowadays, but remember well the extreme frustration months ago and we are back to that level of difficulty now that bots/not-bots are gone from the game.

I disagree that PvP needs to be decoupled from PvE.

So f2p can progress to arbiter?

To discourage low spenders from spending more?

Do I think new players should have to compete with us veterans to get Arbiter? No, and I think plarium with whatever matchmaking shenanigans or bots understands that. 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.