Demytha behind a paywall and it's crap

Search
Comments
Oct 13, 2021, 16:0410/13/21
Oct 13, 2021, 16:08(edited)
08/01/21
Warsong

To bad for u and for all of us :(

Confirming Plarium that no matter what they do ... money will continue to flow is just ruining  our game 

You must be a real riot at parties.  

Lighten up!  My twenty bucks isn't going to make or break the game.  I think there's a bunch of Saudi royalty playing.  How else is it that that anybody could get, like, 70,000 points in a Summon Rush?  That's OLD money.  It has to be!

And, of course, if Plarium can't turn a profit on this thing, they'll shut the bastard down. And then we'll have to find something else to do on bathroom breaks.

I want these events to be "fair" in the sense that a very active player (i.e. someone willing to sacrifice his/her home, school, and/or work life to grind day and night) should be able to succeed without spending.   I hope Plarium keeps that in mind in the future.  But I don't have a whole hell of a lot of leverage one way or the other.

Oct 13, 2021, 17:3410/13/21
08/23/21

Concerning winning tournaments being F2P - i am currently at day 45 and won "Champion Training" tournament easily, making like 13k+ points (2nd place made 11k+). I even didn't spend any energy from those "regular daily" gifts. And today i made additional 8k points in "Champions Training" event. 

Was enough for getting Scabrius.

But i try to spend all available daily energy and also between events putting a lot of energy in 3* and 4* chickens...

Oct 13, 2021, 18:2410/13/21
05/12/20
devlin71

You must be a real riot at parties.  

Lighten up!  My twenty bucks isn't going to make or break the game.  I think there's a bunch of Saudi royalty playing.  How else is it that that anybody could get, like, 70,000 points in a Summon Rush?  That's OLD money.  It has to be!

And, of course, if Plarium can't turn a profit on this thing, they'll shut the bastard down. And then we'll have to find something else to do on bathroom breaks.

I want these events to be "fair" in the sense that a very active player (i.e. someone willing to sacrifice his/her home, school, and/or work life to grind day and night) should be able to succeed without spending.   I hope Plarium keeps that in mind in the future.  But I don't have a whole hell of a lot of leverage one way or the other.

I am what i am :)

And actually is your bussnis what you do with your money .

Just short story: i was playng some RTS game and behaviour of developers was not so bad as Plarium but ...

Each year they organize some World Final - and there arabians ( some of them have indians employees with monthly salary to provide support accounts) and russions where spending in such a way that Plarium whales could be considered Nemo :)

And they care about players simmilar as Plarium do - until all players decided to go on strike ( when they where messing up and decide a roll back of server).

After that developers really changing strategy, started to discuss with people representative ( all important national comunities made proposal and many where implemented in the game).

And also that company was not staying on my 20-50 Euro or other player ( considered individually).

If u want name of company and many other details I can provide ( even if I am trying to avoiud any potential reason for BAN)

Oct 13, 2021, 20:4510/13/21
02/13/21
simple_max2006

Concerning winning tournaments being F2P - i am currently at day 45 and won "Champion Training" tournament easily, making like 13k+ points (2nd place made 11k+). I even didn't spend any energy from those "regular daily" gifts. And today i made additional 8k points in "Champions Training" event. 

Was enough for getting Scabrius.

But i try to spend all available daily energy and also between events putting a lot of energy in 3* and 4* chickens...

Winning tournaments largely comes down to luck with who you get in your bracket.  Sometimes you get a whale or two, and sometimes you get some players who don't care or are spending limited resources.  

I've had situations with both and if you get the latter you can usually gun for the top reward without too much difficulty.  

Oct 13, 2021, 21:1910/13/21
08/01/21
RoseRoyal

Winning tournaments largely comes down to luck with who you get in your bracket.  Sometimes you get a whale or two, and sometimes you get some players who don't care or are spending limited resources.  

I've had situations with both and if you get the latter you can usually gun for the top reward without too much difficulty.  

Also, tournaments during fragment events (and fragment-based fusions) tend to be substantially more difficult to win, because people will shoot for the first two spots.

Oct 14, 2021, 16:3110/14/21
02/11/21

Still  if Pay You Advance Quicker . That's  who they cater to.t

to

Oct 15, 2021, 13:2410/15/21
05/03/20

I was a whale, I spoke of my disgust for Plariums tactics by uninstalling.  I shudder when I think of how much money I gave them.

Oct 15, 2021, 18:4710/15/21
11/16/20

I didn't buy anything and managed to get demytha. I even skipped the last frags for her I think it was dungeon divers?

Maybe I was lucky, who knows. I got all the epics and had extra frags for each and skipped a tournament and event even.

Im keeping the epics for once and not fusing the leggo though.

Oct 15, 2021, 19:0110/15/21
01/15/21
evilized6666

I didn't buy anything and managed to get demytha. I even skipped the last frags for her I think it was dungeon divers?

Maybe I was lucky, who knows. I got all the epics and had extra frags for each and skipped a tournament and event even.

Im keeping the epics for once and not fusing the leggo though.

I got them all too, and dont spend, but only got them by burning hoarded resources and winning my fireknight group.

I think the point is that the traditionally 'p2w' aspects of fusions are the champ chase and summon rush. And demy required completion of both- or winning a tournament.

I kept the epics too, i agree they have more value than the lego.

Oct 15, 2021, 19:0210/15/21
01/15/21
RoseRoyal

I think the more active you are, the harder the group they put you in.

Oct 15, 2021, 19:1710/15/21
11/16/20
Trevor Wilson

I got them all too, and dont spend, but only got them by burning hoarded resources and winning my fireknight group.

I think the point is that the traditionally 'p2w' aspects of fusions are the champ chase and summon rush. And demy required completion of both- or winning a tournament.

I kept the epics too, i agree they have more value than the lego.

i

I really just wanted to try this and it works great.My gearing is pretty terrible with everyone having level 8 artifacts and not crit cap as I burned all my silver and glyphs getting the speeds right.

But as to the f2p aspect of this fusion, I used a lot of saved up resources as well. I hoard in-between fusions though. It's what you have to do if you want to do these f2p.

Oct 15, 2021, 19:4810/15/21
08/17/21

Others have said it before but the trick with fusions is that they are really aimed at players who have developed their accounts to the point they are able to win the top chest on nightmare/unm clan boss. If you can do that and you have learned how to manage your resources for fusions they're very achievable. I've been playing just over 2 months and am only now starting to crack brutal clan boss but I managed to stumble my way to getting Roric Wyrmbane. There was no way I was going to fuse High Shield or all 4 epics this time but Demytha was the champion I really wanted and I did get her along with Thylessia because her events lined up pretty well. 

I would have been very disappointed if I didn't get Demytha because I'm trying to put together a nightmare/unm clan boss team and I only like to play champions I think look nice so I totally understand how it sucks to miss out on somebody you really want but honestly if you're struggling with fusions you should really be focussing on clan boss instead. You'll need the skill books to progress your account and you'll need the shards to do fusions. You'll get plenty of good rares and epics by accident as you progress through the game so the fusions leggos aren't as super important as they might seem. I pulled a couple key epics and rares during the champ chase and summon rush that are doing way more for my account than High Shield would.

All in all Raid is actually a pretty F2P friendly game, you just have to set realistic expectations and have a longterm strategy.

Oct 15, 2021, 20:1910/15/21
Oct 15, 2021, 20:20(edited)
01/15/21
evilized6666

i

I really just wanted to try this and it works great.My gearing is pretty terrible with everyone having level 8 artifacts and not crit cap as I burned all my silver and glyphs getting the speeds right.

But as to the f2p aspect of this fusion, I used a lot of saved up resources as well. I hoard in-between fusions though. It's what you have to do if you want to do these f2p.

That is pretty good! i have done demy masteries but i am waiting for a champ training tourny to 6 star her (i dont level champs outside tournaments which i guess is sad)

I will have to decide whether i want to book outside cvc too.

I have a budget unkillable that is a safe 2 key already, i want to try her with brogni in a shields team

Anyway nice score!

Oct 15, 2021, 20:4910/15/21
08/17/21

Nice! I'm not even summoning Demytha till the next champion chase but since I currently lack Seeker and Deacon Armstrong I'm wondering if there's something I could do with Demytha/Renegade/High Katun.

Oct 15, 2021, 22:0310/15/21
11/16/20
Trevor Wilson

That is pretty good! i have done demy masteries but i am waiting for a champ training tourny to 6 star her (i dont level champs outside tournaments which i guess is sad)

I have a budget unkillable that is a safe 2 key already, i want to try her with brogni in a shields team

Anyway nice score!

Thanks

I finished her frags during a champ training tourney, so I had the food and instant six star her. Cvc was going too so instant full booking as well. Had to wait a day or 2 for the artifact enhancement event to start gearing her though. As well as the rest of the team.

I agree with your point of spending resources during events/tournaments so you can double dip and get some rewards. I've gotten much better at being patient and doing this the last few months. Anyone trying to do these f2p need to be patient and manage resources like this in order to get fusions done.

Cvc is another annoying thing making me wait to do things, it lined up nice during this fusion at least. Being able to summon all the epics for a little point boost didn't hurt either.

I have another 2 key team but it only works on void and does less damage, so this epic was a game changer for my account. I'm hoping in the next few weeks to get closer to 1 key damage as it is possible with this comp in good gear.

Oct 15, 2021, 22:0610/15/21
11/16/20
WastelandKnight

Nice! I'm not even summoning Demytha till the next champion chase but since I currently lack Seeker and Deacon Armstrong I'm wondering if there's something I could do with Demytha/Renegade/High Katun.

Deadwoodjedi and a lot of the other content creators have put out a lot of videos of different comps to run her in. I think they all need 2x speed boosts or another block damage/unkillable champ. But if you got demytha you are close to being able to put together a team at least.

Oct 16, 2021, 15:5910/16/21
04/22/21

I was going to make a thread but since this one is already here I will just post it here. These fusion events are completely set up to make you spend money, and lots of it if you want to complete the event. I don't mind spending some money on the game but when you feel forced to in order to get a champion you really need to progress, it leaves a bad taste. 

I know it's possible to not ignore events and save up resources to complete these fusions. It takes the fun out of the progression and the game when you save all your resources for some unknown fusion, or event in the future where you may not be able to complete if you miss or fail to complete an event. All these fusion rewards should be more accessible or at least give us a way to continue to farm shards after the events.

My first thought and post about this game were that it is p2w and there is no way I can play this game very long. These events justify these feelings. 

Oct 16, 2021, 23:3310/16/21
01/15/21
stoned

I was going to make a thread but since this one is already here I will just post it here. These fusion events are completely set up to make you spend money, and lots of it if you want to complete the event. I don't mind spending some money on the game but when you feel forced to in order to get a champion you really need to progress, it leaves a bad taste. 

I know it's possible to not ignore events and save up resources to complete these fusions. It takes the fun out of the progression and the game when you save all your resources for some unknown fusion, or event in the future where you may not be able to complete if you miss or fail to complete an event. All these fusion rewards should be more accessible or at least give us a way to continue to farm shards after the events.

My first thought and post about this game were that it is p2w and there is no way I can play this game very long. These events justify these feelings. 

I understand the frustration, but it is how the game is.

If you are ftp and want to compete in a reasonable time frame then you need to be efficient, that means not wasting any resources, only pulling during guaranteed events or maybe x2 events, saving resources for fusions. Personally i use downtime between events to do masteries.

I agree it constrains 'freedom' in how to play, you can play how you want of course and progress more slowly.

At the end of the day, the company is a business and they want to make money. Some games such as WOW produce a tonne of content and gamble on keeping millions of players interested.

Others have shorter term goals and want to get players to spend a lot up front- and they dont care if it is tough for ftp as long as marketing brings in more ftp players.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 17, 2021, 18:2110/17/21
02/24/19
Trevor Wilson

Anyway nice score!

That's the smart way to do it, leveling only in tourneys. I leveled her during champ training/CvC that just happened. Maybe I should have actually saved for next fusion. I also booked her during the CvC, had enough epic ones saved. :)

I need to get to be a better saver on the whole, like Rose is. I skip every other fusion or so, but think I can start getting them all with Rose's advice.

Oct 18, 2021, 07:4210/18/21
10/18/21

Green > Red > Orange.