All Categories

Tomb Lord - Are you kidding me?!

Tomb Lord - Are you kidding me?!

Search
Comments
Sep 19, 2019, 19:2309/19/19
06/03/19

AscendantGod said:

"Plarium ignored every single issue we brought up with Tomb Lord as to why he is broken, and instead completely changed things to STILL have him be worthless, just in a different way.  Can’t say it’s a surprise.  No idea why I ever thought anything different would’ve happened. Another example of Plarium ignoring its players."

On the good side the DEVS are still fixing & patching. Though, admittedly, limiting it to 4v4 or 5v5 without any cooperation making it ANY real multiplayer... I dislike MP games and arena, and still know plenty of games doing it better. Some teamwork with bonuses to EXP and silver, like they had them in 'Shadow Bound from r2games' would be cute.

They made 'dungeon maps' playable solo, or in teamwork, plus boss-fights, which needed teamwork. 

And given  that clans are a: useless beyond bonus loot and b: ignoring that all clans belong to one of the 4 major factions... It is, as if the one expert for roleplaying & strategy was kicked from the team of DEVS? 

My ideas include special maps, upon which factions (and their clans) can fight each other for clear benefits. Like conquer the mage tower yields a 5% bonus to research, or controlling the mine yields extra red gems. That way players would have a sense of belonging.

Tombs, do you mean vaults? Again nothing, but repetition of the known. For me the game works, as I daydream, contemplate, and meditate on what ideas I would make of it with my pen & paper fantasy roleplaying group, or a miniature skirmish.

My own best undead were Skellag and Dhampir, maybe Sorceress. Those are easy to get (3rd map in campaign, random shard draw, or market purchase) and up to 4 star, or maybe 5 star with some expensive equipment, they can be wonderful blasters. Skellag level 25 (with the freeze) made already a minor difference in fighting the clan-boss-demon.  
Sep 21, 2019, 23:3209/21/19
Sep 21, 2019, 23:37(edited)
05/13/19

ThrobbingCerk said:

What "videos" do you have showing defense builds beating EQUAL POWER LEVEL speed builds in arena?  Where are these "videos"?  A-god already called you out on the fact that the only video we have seen you post is one where speed teams were BEATING the defense team.  

And again like he said, you're cherry-picking to try to make yourself right rather than observing the facts.  I actually looked up the definition of "cherry picking" after he mentioned it as far as a logical fallacy.  It's amazing how much you do it J-lo.  You are also doing something called "projecting."  You are extremely ignorant of the reality around you.  Meanwhile you project that ignorance on others.  It's not the rest of the world who is ignorant J-lo.  Wake up Neo.  The Matrix isn't real. ;)

You still don’t get it!

“Power” is based off points.

Resistance has been shown to give you more “Power” points vs. Attack or Speed.

This means if both teams are equally matched the team running Defense + Resistance will have higher power vs. teams running Attack + Speed.

For example:

You have 100 Attack + 100 Speed.

Your opponent trades 100 Attack for 100 Defense.

Your opponent trades 100 Speed for 100 Resistance.

Both players have a total of 200 Assessments Points.

They are distributing them evenly among 2 different attributes.

So now you have 2 players:

Player 1 - 100 Attack + 100 Speed

Player 2 - 100 Defense + 100 Resist

They are equal in terms of strength, but not in terms of power!

The reason why is because of how the game measures power.

So I will give you another example.

Let’s say 1 Attack = 1 point

Let’s say 1 Defense = 1 point

Let’s say 1 Speed = 1 point

Let’s say 1 Resistance = 5 points

When you do the addition for both players respectively

Player 1 will have 200 total power (100 points for his attack + 100 points for his speed)

Player 2 will have 600 total power (100 points for his defense + 500 points for his resistance)

Player 2 seems stronger, but in fact they are of equal strength!

The “Assessment Points” are even.

The “Power” measurements for those Assessment Points are different.

Player 1 has a very real chance of beating Player 2 because there strength is even.

This is why you see people saying power doesn’t matter in Arena!

It is because the game weighs certain things higher vs. other things.

In particular, Resist has been shown to give higher power amounts.

So when you tell me to show you a video of Attacking Players Fighting Defense Players with the “EQUAL POWER LEVEL”

WHAT YOUR ASKING FOR IS A MISMATCH!

This is why A-Gods video is horse shugar

A-God Attack/Speed Team had 110k Power Fighting vs. Defense/Resist Teams with around 110k Power.

The fight is a mismatch.

For the fight to be even, A-God should be Fighting vs. teams with like 180k power.

Sep 22, 2019, 05:1509/22/19
07/11/19

You shouldn't be surprised, really.

They almost never buff anything in any significant way. They are so afraid of making any champion stronger, it's hilarious.