All Categories

Can we talk about Fortus

Can we talk about Fortus

Search
Comments
Aug 26, 2023, 09:4108/26/23
07/31/20
kramaswamy.kr

Why? Because, quite frankly, the community doesn't really understand arena, for the most part.

I mean, look - I'm not going to say he's the best arena champ in the game. My only point is that, in the right situation, he can have value. For example, a team of UDK + Pythion + Ukko + Fortus, I think, could be quite strong on defense. It's hard to kill, has a buff strip + block buffs to enable Fortus, and scales forever.

Is it beatable? Of course it is. But, crucially, it satisfies one of the two primary objectives of a defense team - it *looks* beatable, but is deceptively strong.

And, as to what level of arena I play in? Well, right now, I basically don't play the game anymore, outside of just farming CB and Hydra. But, when I did care, I was G3 tag, and if I'd bothered to spend the effort, could easily be G4.

Fortus is bugged, Plarium tell 10% for each fear to scale but it isn't real. If in your team Fortus has Acc, which base defense can get, 2k? This champ need to be revisited.

E.G.: Fears placed cannot be resisted, or fix his moltiplier.

This champ is a shit and Plarium has lied theirs players, remember 80 Void shards. Plarim He said to fix it, but it didn't

Aug 26, 2023, 13:4808/26/23
08/18/20

Hey kramaswamy - yur spot on man.  I loved the idea behind the kit of fortus.  Was bummed when they changed his concept from infinite scalar build up.  He is one of the most interesting champs out there.  I pulled the guarantee.  And just got a dupe... only my 6th ever lego pull from a void shard and dupe fortus.  Also have a dupe visix... lol.  But would love some more knowledge on fortus comp posabilities.  Can you direct message me?  Or discord? 

also - mods keep up the great work.  Would like to put in a +1 for fortus reworked to being an infinite scaling monster that he should be again, fwiw.  This champ deserves much better.

Aug 26, 2023, 14:4408/26/23
07/31/20
dm.cloudfang

Hey kramaswamy - yur spot on man.  I loved the idea behind the kit of fortus.  Was bummed when they changed his concept from infinite scalar build up.  He is one of the most interesting champs out there.  I pulled the guarantee.  And just got a dupe... only my 6th ever lego pull from a void shard and dupe fortus.  Also have a dupe visix... lol.  But would love some more knowledge on fortus comp posabilities.  Can you direct message me?  Or discord? 

also - mods keep up the great work.  Would like to put in a +1 for fortus reworked to being an infinite scaling monster that he should be again, fwiw.  This champ deserves much better.

Mah, i never see any Fortus in arena. Maybe one time, but it lose. I've tried my Fortus and is a trash champ.

Oct 9, 2023, 17:2110/09/23
Oct 9, 2023, 17:21(edited)
07/31/20

I've heared Cirilla who say about Fortus's rebalance. So, this is the way, THANKS.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Oct 9, 2023, 20:5410/09/23
06/24/19

Fortus and Angar reworks.  Hallelujah 

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 10, 2023, 18:0910/10/23
02/24/19

Yay! The feedback works! :D

Oct 11, 2023, 07:2810/11/23
07/31/20
ShortOnSkillz

Fortus and Angar reworks.  Hallelujah 

Thanks for all

Oct 11, 2023, 07:2910/11/23
07/31/20
harleQuinn

Thanks for all

Oct 11, 2023, 12:3010/11/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

😆 

Jan 29, 2024, 22:4801/29/24
Jan 29, 2024, 22:49(edited)
04/12/21

Well over a year since this post started and Raid has announced this Fortus re-balance:

"1. Fortus

[Astral Terrors]

Damage increased."

I came back here to get caught up on the tread and saw some shenanigans that were spouted lol.

I guess an attemp was made to spin putting a sentence in capital letters on the Discord bugs chat which inquired about the Fortus issue (not mentioning any individual person and after a lengthy time went by that the issue wasn't adequately addressed) was aggressive lol.

Asking if there are updates on an issue regarding a champ that was in an 80 Void shard (approx $200 value) guaranteed event and a lengthy amount of time since it was first reported, isn't unreasonable.

Here's the thing, the Fortus skill was not performing how described and was straight up misleading players. It was talked about in depth here and in a competent CC's video in length. 

At one point it was even on the known bugs list on the Discord, before it was taken down and the phrase working as intended was thrown out by the mods.

Mods regurgitating the phrase (working as intended) and getting sideways, doesn't change the matter that the skill wasn't working as described and was very much misleading. Raid's statements doesn't change facts.

Raid very much mishandled this issue along the way, on a champ that was in a guaranteed 80 Void Shard Event. 

Let's see how this Fortus re-balance goes and hope some learned some things along the way.

Don't worry, I didn't capitalize more than 1 letter at a time here, don't want anyone flipping out lol.

Continue with the shenanigans or not lol.

I'm out, have a good one.

IMO