Not getting ultimate Deathknight as new player feels awful

Not getting ultimate Deathknight as new player feels awful

Search
Comments
Oct 24, 2022, 23:5010/24/22
Oct 24, 2022, 23:53(edited)
06/20/19
kramaswamy.kr

The one thing which I will say is - it is really unfortunate that these champs cannot be pulled from shards. Missing them is one thing. Never being able to get them is another - especially for Ninja, given how useful he is.

The only unobtainable champs are ninja and aleks.   Every thing else is obtainable through shards or through content.

Oct 25, 2022, 13:3510/25/22
04/19/20

try promo code for new player

WINDKNIGHT 

Oct 25, 2022, 19:2710/25/22
06/05/19
Zed

Yeah, no, thanks. This experience is awful. I wouldn't mind can't getting him because i'm too late for the event. But this "reward" above is clearly BLOCKING the udk event which is just a big middlefinger.

There are much better champions than UDK to be honest with you. If I see a group in arena with UDK I always target them first. If you really want him I can help you out 

Oct 26, 2022, 00:4610/26/22
10/22/22
harleQuinn

From Plarium: The Ultimate Deathknight Hunt won't be available to those who start playing after October 18th UTC. For those who start playing before that, the Ultimate Deathknight Hunt will be live until October 27.

Sorry you missed it! :(

All four of these events have had players logging in a bit late from info on non-Plarium websites. And those sites def do not make it clear that the events need to be started in time to finish before the until/before date, and on UTC time too. 

I'll pass that bit of feedback onto Plarium though.

Oct 18th reset. 

Pretty sure that means I missed him becuse of my terrible download speed.

Big oof.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 26, 2022, 12:2710/26/22
02/24/19
TheVanguardKing

Oct 18th reset. 

Pretty sure that means I missed him becuse of my terrible download speed.

Big oof.

Sorry to hear! :(

Hopefully you'll snag someone good soon though. 👍

Nov 21, 2022, 18:1411/21/22
09/26/22

I would stop playing if you want to play this game a lot, it's stunted you account growth massively. My account would be nowhere without udk, probably took off a months worth of grinding everyday. 

I suggest you stop playing anyway if you find this unfair because at the end of the day - this is a pay to win game and unless you got plenty of money to waste - the whole game will seem unfair.

Nov 21, 2022, 21:1811/21/22
01/15/21

I don't understand the fuss about UDK to be honest, still haven't masteried or booked mine . Ninja however is amazing and it's a shame he cannot be pulled.

Nov 21, 2022, 22:3211/21/22
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

I don't understand the fuss about UDK to be honest, still haven't masteried or booked mine . Ninja however is amazing and it's a shame he cannot be pulled.

That's actually one of the reasons UDK is so good.  I have not booked or done even level 1 masteries and UDK is still very usable in G3/G4 tag arena.  Not many legos as useful without either of those.

Nov 21, 2022, 22:3511/21/22
04/12/21

I am not a new player but there were times I took a hiatus from the game and ended up finding out about champs I missed during those times, notably Ninja and Delianna.  I did get Aleks and UDK.  To both of those I have applied only moderate resources, both are still only L50.  On game freebies I have spent huge time on Drexthar and Scyl, mainly FTP so investments are limited.

Many of the Plarium freebies are mediocre and I tossed them in the food bin. They seem to have a whole company of designers making nothing but junk (C/F-class). I generally cannot afford to make much of legos so I am happy with some good rares and epics.

That is my game and I am sticking to it lol.  Everyday I play, this game presents huge disappointments, so missing out on a Ninja is par for the course.  But really as many times as I encounter Ninja somewhere I usually kill him off so not really missing him.

Still waiting for a Gorgo and Dutchess and Witch, after several years of play.

Nov 23, 2022, 07:3711/23/22
03/12/21
Balltazer

1. What do you have to "carry"? I don't know how well you understand the game, but you don't need UDK in the least at this moment. For the next several months, the content you'll be grinding can be completed wth farmable champs. UDK's claim to fame is shutting down Rotos and Head of Mischief......you don't have to worry about that for a while. 

2. At your stage, you will be struggling for speed, and Khatun is one of the best there is for f2p players. You calling HK a "D-tier garbo champ" reeks of entitlement. I have clanmates who still use her, and they are ages ahead of you, so chill out with the whale attitude. Not to mention, she can fit into every team, from Clanboss to Campaign to Arena.

3. There will be more. Like somebody mentioned, it takes a while before you get the first legendary, unless you are very lucky. So curb your expectations about champions and stick around until the next leggo. Also, start keeping a mercy counter and save shards, if getting good champions means so much to you. 

I'm genuinely curious where you got the idea that Khatun is a garbage champ. I don't know a single content creator who would rate her as D-tier. We're talking about a turn-based game, turn meter and speed are kind of a big deal. Imagine playing a game of chess, but you're allowed to make more moves than your opponent....it's that kind of important. 

If you play in arena you absolutely do have to worry about him, lol.

It is pretty easy to create low level arena teams that use UDK that are either unkillable of very difficult to kill for early players. The team might not win, but it won't lose either, the fight just goes on for hours or until the real player quits out (ie takes a loss). And there is no way around it, just about every low level arena team has UDK in it.

Nov 23, 2022, 07:3911/23/22
03/12/21
RSL6577

There are much better champions than UDK to be honest with you. If I see a group in arena with UDK I always target them first. If you really want him I can help you out 

Almost every team in bronze and silver arena has UDK in it.

Nov 23, 2022, 14:2911/23/22
Nov 23, 2022, 14:29(edited)
02/11/21
yellamokara

If you play in arena you absolutely do have to worry about him, lol.

It is pretty easy to create low level arena teams that use UDK that are either unkillable of very difficult to kill for early players. The team might not win, but it won't lose either, the fight just goes on for hours or until the real player quits out (ie takes a loss). And there is no way around it, just about every low level arena team has UDK in it.

I have yet to see a properly built arena team (even for early game) that struggles with UDK. What we do see a lot here are people who throw their 4 "best" champs in arena and expect them to perform. 

Nov 23, 2022, 15:5811/23/22
09/29/16

HK pulled my arena team up to G1, I still use her in my second speed team. Garbo champ? After playing a week? I play for about 18 months, never got Rotos, or Leorius... 

Maybe I will, maybe I won't, I just play the game, hope to progress and try to enjoy it.

Nov 24, 2022, 15:2911/24/22
11/10/22

Yeah, i'm a new player and i will stop playing because of this. I have played for 2 weeks now and hit a wall in PvP because of the Death Knights. 1 Ascended UDK on it's own, can kill my whole squad, this is just unfair.

I understand i missed the mark, but starting 1 month later then others, and getting a mediocre epic and trying to battle against an S-tier legendary, that could probably kill 10 of these epics, no thank you. I don't like hitting my head against the wall. 

For new players, don't start now, you shoul wait, it's better start later, when you might get an legendary of your own.

Nov 24, 2022, 16:0811/24/22
02/28/22
Grey

Yeah, i'm a new player and i will stop playing because of this. I have played for 2 weeks now and hit a wall in PvP because of the Death Knights. 1 Ascended UDK on it's own, can kill my whole squad, this is just unfair.

I understand i missed the mark, but starting 1 month later then others, and getting a mediocre epic and trying to battle against an S-tier legendary, that could probably kill 10 of these epics, no thank you. I don't like hitting my head against the wall. 

For new players, don't start now, you shoul wait, it's better start later, when you might get an legendary of your own.

Yep, that's the real issue - new players should not have to come up against teams with UDK - yes some Arena teams in the past have Legendaries but for the most part new players learn in the low Arena, they don't have the resource or firepower to beat an UDK, because it was a log on reward they are unfair on new players who started after the event, even players who have him are getting stuck because they have UDK in defence but thats not much use going against defensive teams to progress

They should make Arena below silver epics and below, this would let players build teams, try strategies, not hit a wall of UDK

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 24, 2022, 17:3011/24/22
02/24/19
Ratted

Yep, that's the real issue - new players should not have to come up against teams with UDK - yes some Arena teams in the past have Legendaries but for the most part new players learn in the low Arena, they don't have the resource or firepower to beat an UDK, because it was a log on reward they are unfair on new players who started after the event, even players who have him are getting stuck because they have UDK in defence but thats not much use going against defensive teams to progress

They should make Arena below silver epics and below, this would let players build teams, try strategies, not hit a wall of UDK

Pulling a brand new legendary and then having to build a bunch of rares and epics to move into Gold to be allowed to even use your new champ in Arena, that just sounds terrible.

Completely count me out on that one. Better to teach people how to build an effective arena team. That is a skill they can use regardless of their champ pool.

Nov 24, 2022, 17:3811/24/22
06/20/19

So if I had a brand new account and had the awesome luck to pull duchess or Krisk the first week on my very first ancient, I wouldn't be allowed to use them until i struggle through silver with my crap epic or two?  Why bother opening shards until you get to gold?  Screw that!

Nov 25, 2022, 07:5011/25/22
02/28/22
Angwil

So if I had a brand new account and had the awesome luck to pull duchess or Krisk the first week on my very first ancient, I wouldn't be allowed to use them until i struggle through silver with my crap epic or two?  Why bother opening shards until you get to gold?  Screw that!

OK not my best suggestion 🙁

Nov 25, 2022, 08:3611/25/22
06/10/19

dude I missed out on Ninja and Aleks, but those I can live without.

Trying to rank up in arena without a UDK now though is going to be tough, but thats the game.

get some heal reduction, high accuracy and get over it.

Nov 25, 2022, 08:3911/25/22
Angwil

But see other side too. In low lvl leagues who dont have awesome luck always face against huge disadvantage ??? What about if players in low lvl (bronze) leagues can use just rare heroes ? Silver just max epics ? How about If even the odds a little equalized?