All Categories

Not getting ultimate Deathknight as new player feels awful

Search
Oct 24, 2022, 11:3210/24/22
10/19/22

In Arena you only see teams with ultimate Deathknight while i can't get him.

I started this game 6 Days ago and i can't participate for the Ultimate Deathknight cause it's replaced by this here:

i

No i don't want her. She is total crap compared to him. It just feels awful and makes me not wanna play this aymore tbh.

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 12:0610/24/22
02/24/19

There have been 4 free legendaries over the past year or so. Ninja, Aleks. Deliana. UDK.

So you've missed four of them based on your start date, which stinks, sure. But these have all been limited time free offers only.

However, based on that we're seeing a new Login Legendary every few months, I would strongly suspect you'll get another shot at one soon.  :)

Oct 24, 2022, 12:0710/24/22
10/19/22

Yeah, no, thanks. This experience is awful. I wouldn't mind can't getting him because i'm too late for the event. But this "reward" above is clearly BLOCKING the udk event which is just a big middlefinger.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 12:1510/24/22
02/24/19
Zed

Yeah, no, thanks. This experience is awful. I wouldn't mind can't getting him because i'm too late for the event. But this "reward" above is clearly BLOCKING the udk event which is just a big middlefinger.

The initial 7 day reward has been Shaman for years btw. This is what everyone has gotten outside of the legendary events, and it isn't blocking anything.

A limited time offer is just that. Sorry you missed it though. :(

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 12:3010/24/22
Oct 24, 2022, 12:33(edited)
02/24/19
Zed

I didn't missed it :). The Event is untill the 27th of October. Source: https://metawar.co.uk/new-login-champion-reward-ultimate-deathknight/

So while today is the 24th - i can't participate. And i started 6 days ago - so i could have participated for 7 days.

From Plarium: The Ultimate Deathknight Hunt won't be available to those who start playing after October 18th UTC. For those who start playing before that, the Ultimate Deathknight Hunt will be live until October 27.

Sorry you missed it! :(

All four of these events have had players logging in a bit late from info on non-Plarium websites. And those sites def do not make it clear that the events need to be started in time to finish before the until/before date, and on UTC time too. 

I'll pass that bit of feedback onto Plarium though.

Oct 24, 2022, 12:3810/24/22
10/19/22
harleQuinn

From Plarium: The Ultimate Deathknight Hunt won't be available to those who start playing after October 18th UTC. For those who start playing before that, the Ultimate Deathknight Hunt will be live until October 27.

Sorry you missed it! :(

All four of these events have had players logging in a bit late from info on non-Plarium websites. And those sites def do not make it clear that the events need to be started in time to finish before the until/before date, and on UTC time too. 

I'll pass that bit of feedback onto Plarium though.

Well thanks, then it is what it is. I like the game but this just feels horrible. I knew about this game 6 days ago from a Twitch stream presented by Granny and Deathknight. They also showed the ultimate deathknight and such and i started 1 day later just to find out now i'm too late.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 12:4310/24/22
02/24/19
Zed

Well thanks, then it is what it is. I like the game but this just feels horrible. I knew about this game 6 days ago from a Twitch stream presented by Granny and Deathknight. They also showed the ultimate deathknight and such and i started 1 day later just to find out now i'm too late.

I really am sorry you missed it, actually.

If I may though, I will say, from my own experience, I was hitting Nightmare Clan Boss before I saw even a hint of a legendary. You're only a couple weeks away from High Khatun. You're only a few months away from Scyl, who is a top tier champ. And with all the rewards around in the game now, it won't be over a half year before you pull a legendary naturally, like it was for me.

And I feel there will be a future free legendary event to participate in, and not too far in the future based on the schedule of the last four.

Oct 24, 2022, 12:4910/24/22
Oct 24, 2022, 12:49(edited)
10/19/22
harleQuinn

I really am sorry you missed it, actually.

If I may though, I will say, from my own experience, I was hitting Nightmare Clan Boss before I saw even a hint of a legendary. You're only a couple weeks away from High Khatun. You're only a few months away from Scyl, who is a top tier champ. And with all the rewards around in the game now, it won't be over a half year before you pull a legendary naturally, like it was for me.

And I feel there will be a future free legendary event to participate in, and not too far in the future based on the schedule of the last four.

High Khatun? You can't be serious. I'm missing already 4 non obtainable free legendarys and i should be "ok" with having a "free" D-Tier garbo champ? No thanks i stick with mine.

Thanks for your sympathy but no - a person who started just 1 week ahead of me got a huge advantage over me. And this game was even promoted with a udk which was non-obtainable anymore.

Oct 24, 2022, 13:0610/24/22
09/21/20

If you're reacting like this at this stage I'd give up playing - this game is a long haul not a quick hit and plenty of peole managed without free legendaries and will manage now. I still meet teams led by HK in silver 2 level tag team so not sure where you get the idea she's that bad. 

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 13:0610/24/22
02/24/19
Zed

High Khatun? You can't be serious. I'm missing already 4 non obtainable free legendarys and i should be "ok" with having a "free" D-Tier garbo champ? No thanks i stick with mine.

Thanks for your sympathy but no - a person who started just 1 week ahead of me got a huge advantage over me. And this game was even promoted with a udk which was non-obtainable anymore.

High Khatun is quite good. But okay, you do you. Bin at your own risk though... lol

i

i

Oct 24, 2022, 13:0810/24/22
10/19/22

KH can never carry like a udk can. And please stay at the topic.

And the main reason she gets used is that most people just don't have anything better.

Oct 24, 2022, 13:1410/24/22
10/19/22
Drambuie

If you're reacting like this at this stage I'd give up playing - this game is a long haul not a quick hit and plenty of peole managed without free legendaries and will manage now. I still meet teams led by HK in silver 2 level tag team so not sure where you get the idea she's that bad. 

I honestly think you are right. If Plarium decides to welcome new players like this i shouldn't stay.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 13:1410/24/22
02/24/19
Zed

KH can never carry like a udk can. And please stay at the topic.

And the main reason she gets used is that most people just don't have anything better.

What topic? The topic is that you missed the UDK event and are upset and are lamenting how you should quit over it.

Cool. You've been heard.

Oct 24, 2022, 13:5310/24/22
10/19/22
harleQuinn

What topic? The topic is that you missed the UDK event and are upset and are lamenting how you should quit over it.

Cool. You've been heard.

I didn't wanted to sound rude to you, if i did i apologize.

Oct 24, 2022, 13:5810/24/22
06/25/20

The one thing which I will say is - it is really unfortunate that these champs cannot be pulled from shards. Missing them is one thing. Never being able to get them is another - especially for Ninja, given how useful he is.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 14:0210/24/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

The one thing which I will say is - it is really unfortunate that these champs cannot be pulled from shards. Missing them is one thing. Never being able to get them is another - especially for Ninja, given how useful he is.

Ultimate DK and Deliana CAN in fact be pulled from shards.

Oct 24, 2022, 15:1210/24/22
02/11/21

1. What do you have to "carry"? I don't know how well you understand the game, but you don't need UDK in the least at this moment. For the next several months, the content you'll be grinding can be completed wth farmable champs. UDK's claim to fame is shutting down Rotos and Head of Mischief......you don't have to worry about that for a while. 

2. At your stage, you will be struggling for speed, and Khatun is one of the best there is for f2p players. You calling HK a "D-tier garbo champ" reeks of entitlement. I have clanmates who still use her, and they are ages ahead of you, so chill out with the whale attitude. Not to mention, she can fit into every team, from Clanboss to Campaign to Arena.

3. There will be more. Like somebody mentioned, it takes a while before you get the first legendary, unless you are very lucky. So curb your expectations about champions and stick around until the next leggo. Also, start keeping a mercy counter and save shards, if getting good champions means so much to you. 

I'm genuinely curious where you got the idea that Khatun is a garbage champ. I don't know a single content creator who would rate her as D-tier. We're talking about a turn-based game, turn meter and speed are kind of a big deal. Imagine playing a game of chess, but you're allowed to make more moves than your opponent....it's that kind of important. 

Oct 24, 2022, 22:1910/24/22
09/22/22

If it helps, I started playing two months ago. While I did get UDK, I feel like the ability of him carrying has been too much and allowed me to progress almost too easily.  Without udk, the grind would have felt too slow however. Realistically this game, with or without free log in champs, is a serious game for the long haul. 

I can easily see myself starting a new account in the future and grinding without him and focusing more on strategy. Yes udk has been an incredible tank for me in my early game, but this could easily be done with time and effort and a focus on strategy. 

My best advice after being two months in, stay low spend or no spend, don't overplay it, calculate your decisions on where you utilise your energy and don't think about it too much. If there's days where you don't feel like grinding, log in and get your reward, do your dailies if you feel like it and then log off ☺️

Oct 24, 2022, 22:5510/24/22
06/05/22

The way I think about this game is that I don't really measure myself against others. There are whales who have all the OP champs. Many players have Ninja while I had to complete a fusion to get my first HP burner. People spend 10's of thousands and I will never be able to catch up to them.

But it turns out that the struggle and how to allocate resources is the game. Covering your needs with a very flawed champion pool. It feels like playing a draft in a card game like mtg. Making progress against the odds feels good. Making "bad" legendaries work for you because they complement your team feels great. I'm proud of my wonky clan boss team featuring opardin. Sure, I could have bought shards to complete the helicath fusion and then looked up the best unkillable comp, just mindlessly copying the speeds. But I did it my own way and had fun while doing it.

There's always momentary excitement when you get a new champ that trivializes content that had you stumped. But to enjoy the game long-term, you have to love the struggle.

Oct 24, 2022, 23:1210/24/22
11/16/20

Little dramatic, these seven day log in champions are relatively new things and all those who have been playing for a long time did just fine without them. The only part that sucks is people who weren't around for ninja will never be able to get him. You can still get deliana or udk from shards. I don't know about the Alex guy...I hope he can't be pulled from shards.

You have been playing for a week? This game is a long term grind, even if you spend a moderate amount of money it is still a long term grind. Part of it is utilizing the champions you pull everyone did this just fine before the few free Lego login champs and I'm sure they will do just fine after them.

Look at it this way you can get the next welfare Lego and by then you probably won't care or need them.