All Categories

Update Highlights 2.12

Update Highlights 2.12

Search
Comments
Aug 19, 2020, 13:4908/19/20
08/02/20
As a new ftp player seeing all these high level heroes in rank one is ridiculous. Trying to time refresh every 15 min and hoping to get couple of matches with some weaklings was tedious. Than when I jumped to bronze tier 2, I got obliterated, unless I have level 50-60 rare heroes with with rank 4 and up epic gear I wont stand a chance to even smell bronze tier 3.
Aug 19, 2020, 17:5908/19/20
01/25/20

This is what you call an arena fix?

That most likely will make it worse, because ppl are now limited to the amount of progress they can make.

Here is how you actually fix arena, and reward your player base (that spends money) in one easy "fix".

Simply open up plat tier to everyone who can get there a la gold. The catch, those who are not the top 300 don't get rewarded as much.

All players in the newly created Plat Tier can get 2 artifacts, perhaps make it so that 300-1000 can get 4 artifacts. Leave the rest of the rewards for the top spenders as is.

This would reward all players that invest money in your game, and also remove all those players from lower tiers so your whole player base can benefit.
Aug 19, 2020, 18:4008/19/20
04/27/20

So what did actually change in the Classic Arena?

From where I'm standing, I can still see mostly 3/4 lego teams, miscreated monsters etc. in BRONZE 3. So much for the promised fixes.

If the devs are unable to make a somewhat decent fix, at least change the missions which require Silver I etc. ranks. That should be pretty simple right? Well... after seeing these updates even that would prove to be impossible.

Aug 19, 2020, 18:5508/19/20
04/21/20

I'm almost done my 5th month of the game, and I like almost all of it except Arena. I despise the Arena. I despair when I read these forums and see how long it's been an issue for most users. I hate it, and the new tag team arena so badly, that I may quit. One should not pay money only to feel frustration from blatant unfairness.

However, I realize that there is one big, huge reason why I hate the arena so very much: the  Arbiter Missions. The Arena challenges that the game has placed in the Missions are brutally over-amped, compared to most of the other challenges we face. For example, I've been stuck on a silver arena challenge (50 wins) for over 2 months and no end in sight, but the next challenge (upgrade an artifact to 16) I will finish in a blink (I've already got lots of 16 gear). It feels almost as though it was done deliberately, on purpose to slow down everyone's progress. Maybe the game designers felt that it would be too easy to get Arbiter? But the way it is now, it feels like it's simply not possible if you're not end-game. 

So instead of trying to improve Arena can you just improve the challenges, by removing or hugely downgrading the Arena aspect? Or get rid of Arena altogether. There's a thought...

Aug 19, 2020, 19:5708/19/20
05/15/20
Wow. So the fixes officially did nothing. I see no change. I'm still facing full lists of opponents in bronze 4 with almost double my power, and somehow after the update, my team power dropped by almost 10k while i slept. no gear change, nothing. Same composition went from 92k power to 84k. What the actual eff is that all about? 
Aug 19, 2020, 23:0508/19/20
04/11/20
damnedinanylanguage66 said:

Wow. So the fixes officially did nothing. I see no change. I'm still facing full lists of opponents in bronze 4 with almost double my power, and somehow after the update, my team power dropped by almost 10k while i slept. no gear change, nothing. Same composition went from 92k power to 84k. What the actual eff is that all about? 
Are you sure the patch is live? Still seeing all lego groups and 145k plus agains my 70k group. Honestly I was getting closer to silver until this patch
Aug 20, 2020, 08:2008/20/20
05/15/20
Tim Lillis said:

damnedinanylanguage66 said:

Are you sure the patch is live? Still seeing all lego groups and 145k plus agains my 70k group. Honestly I was getting closer to silver until this patch
oh no, it's live and made it way worse. I guess i shouldn't be surprised. Competence isn't Plarium's strong suit. the new matchmaking is worse than it was before the "fix"
Aug 20, 2020, 12:4908/20/20
07/19/20
I'm happy with everything except for progression missions related to Arena. It is difficult for F2P players to progress without grinding for months clearing Arena missions against paying players which lock easier missions coming after them, making stagnant gameplay. If there were some sort of mission cards in daily logins or through grinding to make progression a bit easy for F2P players, that would be a great help.
Aug 20, 2020, 13:4108/20/20
08/20/20

Hi, new around here.

Started playing 4 months ago, so I'm still relatively new.

Never paid too much attention to Arena, just the basic 5 battles. Then I started to notice the missions, and frankly, I thought "well shuck, that will be impossible".

Bought LOTS of packs, and never got anything worthy (I mean it. A fellow player offered help by looking what I had -around 150 heros- and after a while, he said "man... the only thing I can offer is a gamer's hug and my condolences", and we had a blast laughing at my AWFUL luck in the chat).Opening by dozens, summoning boosts... nothing. No legendaries, and a handful of the worst Epics (and repeated. x3 Maeve, x3 Teshada, x2 Luthiea...). So yeah, basically my best heros are the ones we get for free.

Anyways, I just went for strategy instead of luck (weak and simple, but still small strategy). Slowly started to actually win battles, either by finding someone even weaker than me (not honorable, but hey, it's the rules of the game), or facing a team whose my strategy could actually win. 

A bit hard, considering there's always the usual 60/60/60/50 epic/legendary teams, but the cool side was that refresh isn't limited, just a matter of patience.

Finally, two days ago, managed to start climbing, and reached Bronze II (yeah, doesn't sounds glorious, but it is and advance for me), and thought "hey, might actually start making progress!".

Then... BOOM, patch.
Now all I see is purple, gold and 60es. Today I haven't been able yet to do 3 wins. Which means not only not being able to complete missions, and/or get tokens to get better, but worse, I'm not even able to complete the daily quests.

What it was a somewhat doable arena (yes, there were problems apparently, but still) unlike most other games, now is the usual broken Arena, with the usual broken "matching by power" system that never works.

It doesn't works, because players can manipulate the team power. A superbuffed Epic, at full ascension, with 5-6 legendary equipment, and a handful of other Epics/Legendary guys not so buffed. The classic bait teams. And as somebody above said, power is not really a measure of anything. 

What's worst, something else changed, and the game, in my case, barely runs. All laggy, seems like the game is stuttering, and when I could play at 60 FPS/Ultra before, now I'm running at 30FPS/medium, and it's still a pain.

Sorry for the wall-text.

But I was really enjoying the game, and now I'm completely underwhelmed, to the point of considering not playing anymore if it stays like this...

Aug 20, 2020, 16:1408/20/20
09/29/19

Maybe enough this bull shit that you fixed something in the arena? As it was dull shit, it remained the same.

Dou you conscience was enough to lie to people.

Disrespect.

In general, you think of nerfing imbalance heroes, or do you even bang in your eyes and don't see and don't understand that the problem is in your stupid heads?

Just for example, fucking Duchess Lilitu, I am alone think she has too many opportunities?!

Aug 20, 2020, 16:2808/20/20
09/29/19

I just don't understand the cynicism of the developers.

I was relatively recently at 4 gold, although not for long, I was stable at 3 gold. But after some patch, I can't go above 2 silver ...

Are you seriously?

I am already quite seriously aware of the mistake that I spent a lot of money and time in this game, and in return I received only a spit in the face from Plarium.

Freaks.

Aug 20, 2020, 16:4608/20/20
09/29/19

I have 272 gold medals, but stucked....

Stucked on this mission:

Because

What you think about my team and heroes?

I know it is sux... But I doestn't have others....

I belive game became a sux....
Aug 20, 2020, 17:0008/20/20
09/29/19

It should be easy....

But...

16 seconds later....

Of Course it is speed pack, but... somethind went wrong, because almost enemies are same

Aug 20, 2020, 17:4708/20/20
08/04/20

I am a new player (15 days) and I realize that the game is already dead ....

progression quests are impossible to complete which kills the urge to continue: /

( google trad )
Aug 20, 2020, 18:4908/20/20
02/08/20

Valkyrie said:

We'll adjust the matchmaking logic for generating your Opponents List in Tag Team Arena. It will now be more balanced, and you should see as Opponents list populated with Defenses closer to your strength.

To ensure an active and competitive playing field, players that are inactive in Classic Arena Offense Battles will no longer show up in other players' Opponents Lists. This change will be implemented as soon as the list of your Opponents is refreshed - either manually or automatically.

This!!  I do not see it!!!   Tag team Arena WAS pretty balanced for me before the change. Now I ONLY see higher power enemies. And some by a lot (50-100k+).  

And Arena is just as unfair as it has been for a long while. Still see most enemies closer to my own power, but with beefed stats and mostly the same 10 God tier Legendaries or those epics that are just like the best lego's (Serris, Micreated etc..).  Teams like this would obviously be higher tier if they tried, so it basically means they are inactive whale accounts. When will they be set Inactive?   It is still impossible to advance and progress! 
Aug 21, 2020, 10:1608/21/20
04/10/20

I have to say Arena actually seems worse for me now

Used to be in Gold III / IV before the 'change' (Plarium please stop denying you broke something and its player behaviour that has changed)

After the 'change' I rapidly descended and ended up in Silver II

Where I now seem to be stuck

I used to be able to get about halfway towards silver III

Post 2.12 I'm stuck in the bottom quarter

YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!

GreenKnightCommunity Manager
Aug 21, 2020, 15:2408/21/20
04/06/20

Hello!

Guys, I want to address Arena changes that were made to the game and affect they have on the current situation. 

Wow. So the fixes officially did nothing. I see no change. I'm still facing full lists of opponents in bronze 4 with almost double my power, and somehow after the update, my team power dropped by almost 10k while i slept. no gear change, nothing. 
I have to say Arena actually seems worse for me now
Used to be in Gold III / IV before the 'change' (Plarium please stop denying you broke something and its player behaviour that has changed) 

We changed the time and procedure around inactive players, but we did not alter players' current placement in their tiers. Right now, all the players you see on your list are active. The issue with inactive players resulted in a situation were inactive team could lose or gain points but do not actually affect rankings. With time and active play, this change will alleviate some of the difficulty, but this will not be an instant effect.

We are working on changes to the current matchmaking algorithm and will add them to the game over the next couple of patches. This is only the starting point.

Can you explain how this is different from what is currently implemented in the game? Currently accounts are removed from arena after 30 days of inactivity in arena offense, then placed in bronze I if they resume arena activity.

Now inactive players a removed from competitors lists much faster, around 14 days, but if they remain inactive for 30+ days, they will start from the Bronze 1 tier upon return. This way, they will not impact the competition for the remaining time before removal from the ranking.

It will take a bit of time for everyone to adjust their placements in rankings. 

Have a nice day and stay safe.

Aug 22, 2020, 09:0308/22/20
08/20/20

Still impossible to win anything.

"more fair and balanced" yeah sure... every single opponent is 10-20k higher than me, and half of them are actually more than twice (80-90k) on Bronze I. It's ridiculous.
I'm struggling to rank up a mediocre team with what I have, when my opponents have teams of fully ranked/ascended pro teams (Miscreated monster, Bad-El, etc).

It doesn't gives us new players, a slightest chance of anything, neither from raw power, strategy or luck.

Maybe devs could make some random bot-teams.
Either with an RNG taking into account the player power, or simply a bunch of generic pre-made bot-teams with different levels. That way at least, newer/low level players have a chance to face those bots and actually win some points, instead of facing hordes of purple/gold teams, with the most deadly combinations possible.

For example, I'm 40k power, so the RNG runs a team around that power (along all the real players teams). While they'll be similar in power, the RNG just picks random heros, so at least they don't have killer strategies. Up to me if I choose to face a bot-team, or a real player.

Thing is, there were a lot of abandoned low-level accounts. These were actually good as opponents for newer players.And they also filled spots.
Now, without those extras, it's only small guys like me, and the big guys that got demoted and belong to a whole different level.

Aug 22, 2020, 15:0808/22/20
06/22/20
Jenkins2110 said:

Tag team arena isn't really the issue. Facing OP teams in the lowest tiers of bronze in classic arena is the problem and add most new players are not able to realistically benefit from the rewards i.e. progress missions, medals for great hall bonus. 
I completely agree. An awful lot of the teams in Bronze IV seem to be ridiculously OP. I've yet to get into Silver 1 but when I do there will be a cascade of about 30 rewards from stuff I've otherwise already done. Seems to me the progress mission should be to get into Bronze II or III.
Aug 23, 2020, 19:0408/23/20
07/06/20
i think most people fail the kreela event. hopefully it will happen again one day. she will be my first legos, maybe not this time tho. level 50 without lego at all. give me one please :)