All Categories

Update Highlights 2.12

Update Highlights 2.12

Search
Comments
Aug 13, 2020, 01:1408/13/20
Aug 13, 2020, 01:15(edited)
01/18/20

At one point months ago, classic arena had pretty good opponents. Then you guys changed something on the back-end and it became really easy. Every few refreshes I could clear an entire list. Then you guys changed something again and it became stupidly hard and since then its stayed that way. So just revert the logic back to a few months ago because just not showing inactive players is not gonna be the fix.

Between how long it takes to make food for 6*, your guys constant inability to deliver content or anything useful to your player base and people being stuck on arena missions because it's damn near impossible, you keep bleeding players.

Pretty soon they'll be no one left to play your game. There's too many mobile games out there with developers that actually have plan and listen to their community and there's even better PC and console games that blow this out of the water. Game has a good base but y'all just keep ruining it and I'm tired.
Aug 13, 2020, 07:5408/13/20
07/21/20

All the fixes sound great and are needed. :)

However there is one slight concern... The AI improvement that's supposed to favor powerful skills over finishing of a single enemy... Won't it result in our AOE farmers and attackers finishing the last, barely alive enemy, with a powerful skill and thus moving on to another stage with their AOE skills on cooldown?

So far the finishing off prefference does cause some issues while fighting a large team, but is safer for auto-battle and farming that way. You don't want to fix one thing to break another. Just sayin'. ;)

Aug 13, 2020, 07:5808/13/20
06/11/20
When will be the update available?
Aug 13, 2020, 08:5208/13/20
Aug 13, 2020, 08:53(edited)
05/10/19
You must be already passed the Milestone missions to have X amount at level 4 and later on higher. But the problem is when you're on the cusp between transferring from what's a bronze to Silver and then later on silver to gold. You can waste 30 Arena tokens in one day get barely two fights in Sioux the next tier. Enter a fight in said tear come out and be back down in bronze four or silver for when you are just in Gold because you lost a defensive match you didn't even know you were in. Making it to where when you need 900 tokens of said quality or more earning them one at a time you might get a Max of five a day if Lucky. So all I'm asking is if I make it to Silver one don't drop me back down to bronze
Aug 13, 2020, 14:0308/13/20
09/10/19
h
GreenKnightCommunity Manager
Aug 13, 2020, 14:4008/13/20
04/06/20

Hi!

I am here to answer some of the more pressing questions about this patch and the nearest updates.

And is there a date for this patch? 
That's all good and great but when you're going to give us that? 

Sadly, I cannot say a specific date for the patch, but it should be released a bit closer to the end of the month.

Could be nice theoretically, but so far the strength value is not even closely related to the actual strength of a team in any conceivable way.

In Tag Team Arena, placement on the Progress Bar is the main criteria, and we are improving the system to minimize the chances of much weaker or much stronger adversaries in the opponent lists. Hopefully, we will achieve matchmaking with challenging opponents, without a direct connection to the team's Strength stat.

At one point months ago, classic arena had pretty good opponents. Then you guys changed something on the back-end and it became really easy. Every few refreshes I could clear an entire list. Then you guys changed something again and it became stupidly hard and since then its stayed that way. So just revert the logic back to a few months ago because just not showing inactive players is not gonna be the fix.

Difficulty spike in the current Arena is not a bug, but a result of the increase in competition on the Classic Arena. Sadly, there is no bug to fix, but changes have to be made to improve Arena matchmaking overall. Such changes need time and careful planning.

Facing OP teams in the lowest tiers of bronze in classic arena is the problem and add most new players are not able to realistically benefit from the rewards i.e. progress missions, medals for great hall bonus.

We are working on improvement in matchmaking on the Classic Arena. Changes in this patch will improve the current situation, and there will be further changes to flatten recent spike in difficulty.

How about fixing the bug with Tormin ignoring Block Debuffs and freezing right through it, which you have already claimed is fixed?

Tormin's interaction with buffs and debuffs was generally improved, but if you run into this problem after 2.12, please make a video and post it here, we look into this problem further.

However there is one slight concern... The AI improvement that's supposed to favor powerful skills over finishing of a single enemy... Won't it result in our AOE farmers and attackers finishing the last, barely alive enemy, with a powerful skill and thus moving on to another stage with their AOE skills on cooldown?

This improvement should mainly be for the Arena interactions, but if you encounter such issues, please send a video or screenshots of such occurrences.

You must be already passed the Milestone missions to have X amount at level 4 and later on higher. But the problem is when you're on the cusp between transferring from what's a bronze to Silver and then later on silver to gold. You can waste 30 Arena tokens in one day get barely two fights in Sioux the next tier. Enter a fight in said tear come out and be back down in bronze four or silver for when you are just in Gold because you lost a defensive match you didn't even know you were in. Making it to where when you need 900 tokens of said quality or more earning them one at a time you might get a Max of five a day if Lucky. So all I'm asking is if I make it to Silver one don't drop me back down to bronze

Thank you for this suggestion, we discussed the inclusion of the milestone system in the Arena. The thing with such systems is that you might enter a higher Arena tier in many ways. If the player is ready for it, his defense should not be easy to overcome. However, if the player's current team can't compete in this Arena tier, he will not be able to leave if we use the Milestone system. We do not want anyone to be stuck in such a predicament.

Have a nice day and stay safe.

Aug 13, 2020, 23:1908/13/20
Aug 13, 2020, 23:27(edited)
06/21/19
BadBichShaquonda said:

Valkyrie said: 

To ensure an active and competitive playing field, players that are inactive in Classic Arena Offense Battles will no longer show up in other players' Opponents Lists. This change will be implemented as soon as the list of your Opponents is refreshed - either manually or automatically.

Why does everyone keep commenting about fixing the arena, when it literally says in these patch notes that they are fixing the arena? Did you guys even read the patch notes before commenting? Look at these two comments:

Avendling said:

Facing OP teams in the lowest tiers of bronze in classic arena is the problem, when this will be resolve.?

Jenkins2110 said:

Tag team arena isn't really the issue. Facing OP teams in the lowest tiers of bronze in classic arena is the problem and add most new players are not able to realistically benefit from the rewards i.e. progress missions, medals for great hall bonus.

Please read the patch notes

Sorry but I can’t se anything that address the OP teams in lower tiers of classic arena. They will just remove the inactive players. I remember a post on Discord in which they said this specific problem would have been fixed.
Aug 14, 2020, 08:3908/14/20
04/27/19
Maybe you should start sending keys to inbox instead of giving them, so they are more usefull to people. Clans could plan to take down NM or UNM with the extra keys if they need a little extra to do it, and also people actually get the gift of for example 3 keys. Today I auto picked 3 keys from daily login, that is all fine, but It happened just before I would get a key daily refill, and therefor I now have 4 keys instead of 5 which kinda sucks. It cant be that hard to implement, and I get it, Plarium is greedy and wants to make money, so they try to make people buy it instead etc etc. But it makes no sense to give gifts that isnt fully a gift imo :)
Aug 14, 2020, 08:3908/14/20
01/01/20
Since the last update i cant see the level of my gears anymore when i scroll in my gears only the arrow that i enhance them. Can you fix it please?
Aug 16, 2020, 10:2008/16/20
08/16/20

Hi,

Why don't you increase arena size - too few players in silver and gold means legendary teams are pushed down to silver and bronze butchering and laughing into the face of new players. New players quit this game because of your slow reaction to fix arena, and its very painful now to play that part. Silver 3 and 4 arena is filled with teams that are in gold 3 and 4 1-2 months ago. Players sticking around has gear advantage further making sure new players feel they dont have a chance. Why do you punish new players in arena?

Aug 17, 2020, 13:5708/17/20
07/22/20
I’ve been playing the game just about everyday since August 12th I can confirm the arena issue is not fix although it is ever so slightly better. I went from finding maybe one team within 20-30k power of me per refresh to one guaranteed every time and possibly 2-3 max 
Aug 17, 2020, 14:0308/17/20
07/22/20

Concerning the mile stone suggestion, I’m sure almost everyone playing your game would prefer that instead of constantly dropping tiers. What if you implement the same thing you do in tag team arena. Make players gain a certain number of points in order to advance at the end of the week. This way players aren’t losing or gaining tiers too fast, it’s a nice middle ground as opposed to walking up and have lossed over 60 arena points in one night 

GreenKnight said:

Hi!

I am here to answer some of the more pressing questions about this patch and the nearest updates.

And is there a date for this patch? 
That's all good and great but when you're going to give us that? 

Sadly, I cannot say a specific date for the patch, but it should be released a bit closer to the end of the month.

Could be nice theoretically, but so far the strength value is not even closely related to the actual strength of a team in any conceivable way.

In Tag Team Arena, placement on the Progress Bar is the main criteria, and we are improving the system to minimize the chances of much weaker or much stronger adversaries in the opponent lists. Hopefully, we will achieve matchmaking with challenging opponents, without a direct connection to the team's Strength stat.

Difficulty spike in the current Arena is not a bug, but a result of the increase in competition on the Classic Arena. Sadly, there is no bug to fix, but changes have to be made to improve Arena matchmaking overall. Such changes need time and careful planning.

Facing OP teams in the lowest tiers of bronze in classic arena is the problem and add most new players are not able to realistically benefit from the rewards i.e. progress missions, medals for great hall bonus.

We are working on improvement in matchmaking on the Classic Arena. Changes in this patch will improve the current situation, and there will be further changes to flatten recent spike in difficulty.

How about fixing the bug with Tormin ignoring Block Debuffs and freezing right through it, which you have already claimed is fixed?

Tormin's interaction with buffs and debuffs was generally improved, but if you run into this problem after 2.12, please make a video and post it here, we look into this problem further.

This improvement should mainly be for the Arena interactions, but if you encounter such issues, please send a video or screenshots of such occurrences.

Thank you for this suggestion, we discussed the inclusion of the milestone system in the Arena. The thing with such systems is that you might enter a higher Arena tier in many ways. If the player is ready for it, his defense should not be easy to overcome. However, if the player's current team can't compete in this Arena tier, he will not be able to leave if we use the Milestone system. We do not want anyone to be stuck in such a predicament.

Have a nice day and stay safe.

Aug 18, 2020, 01:1108/18/20
03/18/20
Shawn12 said:

I’ve been playing the game just about everyday since August 12th I can confirm the arena issue is not fix although it is ever so slightly better. I went from finding maybe one team within 20-30k power of me per refresh to one guaranteed every time and possibly 2-3 max 
patch due this week to address this as it hasn't been dropped yet
Aug 18, 2020, 14:1608/18/20
05/05/20

Valkyrie said:

To ensure an active and competitive playing field, players that are inactive in Classic Arena Offense Battles will no longer show up in other players' Opponents Lists. This change will be implemented as soon as the list of your Opponents is refreshed - either manually or automatically.

Can you explain how this is different from what is currently implemented in the game? Currently accounts are removed from arena after 30 days of inactivity in arena offense, then placed in bronze I if they resume arena activity.

The post by Valkyrie is echo of what is currently in the game...Removing from arena and not showing up in the list seem to be the same thing.

Please let us know what is actually different in this patch for arena.

Aug 18, 2020, 15:2008/18/20
10/15/19
how about removing the Arena Tier from the missions, and just make a single currency for classic arena, so even if you're stuck at bronze/silver you can get those 7-10 great hall upgrades, even if it takes longer ?
Aug 19, 2020, 01:2708/19/20
05/15/20
Hippocampus said:

Valkyrie said:

Can you explain how this is different from what is currently implemented in the game? Currently accounts are removed from arena after 30 days of inactivity in arena offense, then placed in bronze I if they resume arena activity.

The post by Valkyrie is echo of what is currently in the game...Removing from arena and not showing up in the list seem to be the same thing.

Please let us know what is actually different in this patch for arena.

No, it's not the same thing at all. With this, they will be removed from arena completely. As it was, they were just dropped ranks each week, but continued to show up in bronze tier, causing havoc for new players. Now, those teams will not be there at all. GONE. 
Aug 19, 2020, 06:0708/19/20
10/19/19
I see a lot criticism about removing inactive players from active players arena list, but none for the reason I am worried about this change. It is already a struggle to advance to higher tiers and stay there for any useful amount of time. Unless my logic is flawed or I am misunderstanding this change, won't this just mean I will be attacked more often? Won't this just make it harder to stay in any tier, much less advance? If there are no inactive players to pad the list, I'll show up on more active players list right? If this is the case, shouldn't the penalty for losing a defensive match be significantly lowered? It's already bad enough when I come back after not playing for about 12 hours and I am 100 points lower than when I last fought, now I might as well give up on ever finishing the missions... 
Aug 19, 2020, 07:4108/19/20
05/15/20

deewo3434 said:

I see a lot criticism about removing inactive players from active players arena list, but none for the reason I am worried about this change. It is already a struggle to advance to higher tiers and stay there for any useful amount of time. Unless my logic is flawed or I am misunderstanding this change, won't this just mean I will be attacked more often? Won't this just make it harder to stay in any tier, much less advance? If there are no inactive players to pad the list, I'll show up on more active players list right? If this is the case, shouldn't the penalty for losing a defensive match be significantly lowered? It's already bad enough when I come back after not playing for about 12 hours and I am 100 points lower than when I last fought, now I might as well give up on ever finishing the missions... 
No, it shouldn't be as bad as you say at all. As well as removing innactives, the matchmaking is supposed to be improved. But now, you won't be seeing the ghosts of whales that nobody was really hitting anyway, other than other veterans or whales that purposely lowered themselves to bronze or silver

Aug 19, 2020, 09:3208/19/20
Aug 19, 2020, 09:34(edited)
04/10/20

This patch has done nothing for me in terms of Classic Arena.

I'm stuck in Silver II and cannot progress any further.

I was just about able to hold out in Gold IV / III before what ever changes were made that sent me rapidly down to Silver II. I've read lots of other players reporting the same thing. Apparently these changes are not a bug but player behaviour. I'm not convinced as after the 1.15 patch I rapidly fell down the tiers. Surely a change in player behaviour would mean I noticed a gradual sinking not the rapid one I and lots of other players reported.

I don't know how I am supposed to complete the Arbiter missions or make meaningful upgrades to my Great Hall.

Unfortunately it might be a telling sign that Plarium have, taken this long, to do this little.

The Classic Arena is a massive source of frustration to the majority of players in what is otherwise a great game.

You need to get your entire development team focused on and fixing this for our and your own good.

Aug 19, 2020, 12:4608/19/20
05/05/20

damnedinanylanguage66 said:

No, it's not the same thing at all. With this, they will be removed from arena completely. As it was, they were just dropped ranks each week, but continued to show up in bronze tier, causing havoc for new players. Now, those teams will not be there at all. GONE. 

I don't think you understand the issue :) As it was, they were removing them from your list after 30 days of inactivity. GONE. This is already happening in the game and has been for at least 6 months.