Все Категории

When is this type of message acceptable?

When is this type of message acceptable?

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Комментарии
10 сент. 2019, 10:5210.09.19
10 сент. 2019, 10:57(отредактировано)

The player concerned, Yabbs, has now left the game but not before sending me another beautifully worded message. And this, ladies and gentlemen, underlines an important point. If a player is allowed to send such nasty messages once to others in this game they will do it twice, thrice etc. etc.

We do now know to whom we speak. Children get messages of this type...I know, I have seen them. When  a complaint is lodged Plarium need to take ownership and sort it out. Just telling any given player to "blacklist" someone merely allows that player to continue with the same behaviour against others.

Now I wish to be clear, once again, I did NOT make a huge deal out of the siege, Yabbs did and underlined it with the choice of words sent to me...

His Heg focussed on the siege rather than the words. 

I have not f****** over players in this game as is claimed. I have fought many wars with players and lost huge troop numbers. I coin. I kill. I coin again. I do not use nuclear missiles as most of Sparta now does. I still use my troops and my brain to play by strategy (what this game used to be like long ago before the entitled came along). This player did not know me and does not know the many players I have historically killed 100's of millions of my troops defending as I am currently still doing. So this generalised comment of his is a sign of the true nature of the person and how THEY thought what they said was 100% acceptable in a game played by children.

Let me be very clear, I know others in my own coalition sent some nasty messages in the past, not just the one I spoke of. They are RL friends of mine and thought that allowed them to "get away with it". It didn't. They have been told if they EVER send untoward messages again, and I find out, I will kick them out and destroy their cities.

NancyAdmin
10 сент. 2019, 11:1910.09.19

The Resurrected said:

In this game we play many of us have lost people we care about to the Grim Reaper. They may have been game friends, real life friends or family. The people we lose, including pseudo people we have got to know as though they are our family or friends from real life, leave a hole in our lives. We can sit and remember them and the things they have done in the game or the chats we have had with them, the time we have spent with them, and we remember the pain of the loss.

I have lost 2 x real life friends who played this game who were also Veterans, 1 had been sent a message in game before he died which I will NEVER forget. It wished him to die.

At times we find others in this game with honour who understand our losses and are supportive. Many of you will remember the late Jim Keefe, a vet of the highest order who won the Bronze Star and Purple Heart. When he died a coa called Retribution, led by Mako, were honourable to the highest order and protected Jim’s coa for me whilst I allowed his members, and myself, time to grieve. I did not know Mako, but this was a standout thing from this game I will never forget, a stranger understanding what loss is and helping a bunch of people he did not know.

Since then, when I have became aware of players who have suffered loss, I have taken a lead from that time and will do what I can to help those who suffer loss in RL or game, even contacting enemies of theirs and asking those enemies, because this is only a game and in truth we are not real enemies, to leave the players city alone for a while. I know many others in this game do the same thing.

I, personally, suffer from the following:-

Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM)

Leaking Valve

Murmur

Diseased arteries (only 1 able to take a stent)

High blood pressure

Silent heart attacks (frequently)

Those are just the main points, I am not listing all but basically my heart is extremely deformed, and you would not recognise it in a picture as a heart, see, I am not actually heartless.

I know my days are numbered and I am not likely to reach retirement age. At some point I will just disappear from the game. People will try and contact me via PM or Skype or Discord and there will be no response as I just will not be there as, when my time comes it will be sudden and I will not even know about it. Some will suffer pain and loss whilst others will celebrate because there are seriously sick people who are happy when people die.

So, I ask you, when is it acceptable to wish real life serious illness or death to someone in this pseudo world we occupy?

We do not know the people we speak to in this game 99.9% of the time and so do not know their circumstances. Last week I received a message, a copy is there for you to see, wishing me serious illness of a degree it stops me playing this game. Any serious illness I contract now will kill me, so this player is wishing to hasten my death and leave my wife widowed and children without a father as soon as possible.

I contacted the Heg of this Blacksheep Pride player expecting him to take action. What I got was a lecture about sieges and the player concerned saying he does not owe any apology to me for what he said. Therefore, it is clear, Blacksheep Pride’s Heg condones this type of message. To be clear about something, the player concerned has not been attacked by me at any stage but feels it is okay to send this type of message and his Heg feels it is more important to lecture me about sieges than to take action against a player in his coa sending this type of message.

Please note, the player concerned does not feel any need to apologise for his / her comments and completely ignores, in their last message to me, that they even, basically, wished me dead. He / she is more focussed on what they feel is important, the fact I warned him / her off of a siege he / she raided when empty and during a time, not last week but the week before, when I was in hospital for 6 days after a series of silent heart attacks allies of mine kicked him off the same siege. What he is unaware of is that the one who kicked him off a shared siege is 14 years old and needs help, which I give, to survive in this game. Those who truly know me from my 4 years of playing know whether I am a bully or not. Apparently protecting others and ensuring their access to resources via sieges I hold and fighting to ensure there is res for a significant number of these kids and low-level players is bullying.

This player, and obviously the Heg of his / her coa, are part of what I call “the entitled” who now play this game. Because they play this game they are “entitled” to get the benefit from the work of others without having to do any work themselves. Lazy players who look only for cities which are sieged to raid and ignore the thousands available to raid which are not, and never have been, sieged as THEIR time is too precious.

So now I ask Sparta to judge these messages, not the history of why they were sent, sent to me and the reaction of the Heg. Is this acceptable? Do we agree these players have a place in the game and can send such messages with immunity, potentially to children? Is the fact the Heg has ignored that his player wishes people to suffer extremely in real life and focuses only on the game aspect acceptable?

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Harassment is something we take seriously at Plarium.

The game is very competitive, and players often get very emotionally invested in the gameplay, but this is no excuse for abuse or harassment. Could you please specify the actual coordinates of this player for me to take the appropriate measures? I would also suggest that you add such people to the blacklist. 

10 сент. 2019, 12:5210.09.19

I don’t have a problem with you reporting the statements of Yabbs to Sparta. However, I do have a problem with your intentional and selective omissions of my messages that I sent to you so you may further victimize yourself and take aim on me in your pursuit to Sparta to have “these players” removed from the game.

I also take strong offense of your omissions and how you contort the facts to conclude that the “Blacksheep Pride’s Heg condones this type of message”.

While it is clear that you have an absurd outlook on sieges in general that resulted in a dialogue exchange with Yabbs, it does not justify his statements that he made. I clearly advised you that “I agree what he said is wrong” which you conveniently omitted in your complaint to Sparta.

The statements of Yabbs and my disagreeing with your obtuse perspective on sieges does not give you justification to attack my character. My two sentences to you on sieges hardly constitute a lecture. Moreover your 6, 7, or 8 messages may be construed that way.

You asked what actions I took and I will advise you.

After you messaged me and I saw what Yabbs wrote I issued an immediate cease fire of all Tenacious Coalition so cooler heads of all members could prevail.

I messaged Yabbs in game and advised that we need to talk on Skype and that an apology for the statements was necessary. I also messaged Yabbs on Skype so we could talk. We did not have a talk as you incorrectly stated.

Last night, I received a message on Skype from Yabbs advising of the decision to leave the coalition and the game.

I stand behind my actions and I am a person of integrity and have not and do not condone or allow personal attacks. Everyone in my coalition and those of other coalitions that I have interacted with know this well.

10 сент. 2019, 18:5810.09.19

The Resurrected said:

I, too, wish you had kept them as it is easy to make an accusation without evidence.

And before you decided to do Jackanory corner maybe you should have unfriended me? As you know, anyone I take as a friend is allowed without fear of retribution to attack my single Jav sieges. I have so many friends only because of the number of kids and low level players I do FR with so I remember I said they should go to my sieges for res...

Don't worry, I have cancelled it after your post...

I would also take this opportunity to point something out. Whilst I can potty mouth with the best of you the accusation from this player is entirely false because of 2 specific points he make: -

1) I would never say anything about someone's mother as mine died from a heart attack on an operating table in South Africa before she got to retirement age

2) I would never comment on sexuality because if I did and it was made public I have a friend who stays not more than 1 mile from my house who is officially a giant (stands 2.2m tall) who would come over with his husband (stands 2m tall and is also a giant officially) and have "words" with me

BULLSHIT  you most certainly did say those things about my mother AND my sexuality  you are trash! frankly I wont shed a tear at your impending demise

10 сент. 2019, 20:0210.09.19

The Resurrected said:

The player concerned, Yabbs, has now left the game but not before sending me another beautifully worded message. And this, ladies and gentlemen, underlines an important point. If a player is allowed to send such nasty messages once to others in this game they will do it twice, thrice etc. etc.

We do now know to whom we speak. Children get messages of this type...I know, I have seen them. When  a complaint is lodged Plarium need to take ownership and sort it out. Just telling any given player to "blacklist" someone merely allows that player to continue with the same behaviour against others.

Now I wish to be clear, once again, I did NOT make a huge deal out of the siege, Yabbs did and underlined it with the choice of words sent to me...

His Heg focussed on the siege rather than the words. 

I have not f****** over players in this game as is claimed. I have fought many wars with players and lost huge troop numbers. I coin. I kill. I coin again. I do not use nuclear missiles as most of Sparta now does. I still use my troops and my brain to play by strategy (what this game used to be like long ago before the entitled came along). This player did not know me and does not know the many players I have historically killed 100's of millions of my troops defending as I am currently still doing. So this generalised comment of his is a sign of the true nature of the person and how THEY thought what they said was 100% acceptable in a game played by children.

Let me be very clear, I know others in my own coalition sent some nasty messages in the past, not just the one I spoke of. They are RL friends of mine and thought that allowed them to "get away with it". It didn't. They have been told if they EVER send untoward messages again, and I find out, I will kick them out and destroy their cities.

if yabbs sended that kind of msg to me,the 1st msg and the 2nd msg..."we all hope you just die"...i would give him my home address and ask for his home address to came to his house and beat the hell out of everything he have in his house,his parents included who raised and educated him!

Tonaya
KatiaModerator
10 сент. 2019, 21:4010.09.19

Vaea said:

Dear all

I d like to share my gratitude to plarium, Katerina, Euskadi and a warrior on RoyalFoedusKrypteia for the protection of one of my warrior who joined angels. My condoleances for yours too. Namaste.

Vaea 

Hello Vaea  sorry for your loss !! would you please send me in PM the coordinates of the fallen warrior and the server ?

11 сент. 2019, 01:3111.09.19

Gloone said:

Hi The Resurrected, 

Haven't talked to you in awhile. Hope all is good. Don't let this game stress you out. 

I remember defending your right to your sieges versus HoB. Then we went to war and set Sparta on fire. 

I also remember when you said you would make my city your personal farm by raiding me. I'm level 135 going on 136 now. When you coming? :)

Gloone

I am NOT a big fan of yours but this reply just mad me effing LOL!  SAVAGE

Also to the OP... I hope you recover quickly and remember 100000000% of all sieges in spart are 1000000000% free for all.  I don't get why some of you are so protective of cities you don't own?
11 сент. 2019, 02:4111.09.19
hello old friend, I hope that you are well and enjoying the good life. This is only a game, but we do make friends here and enjoy our time together. If I have sent anyone here a message that upset you in anyway...…I am sorry.......but really, this is a game...LOL...let's have fun!
11 сент. 2019, 17:3411.09.19
Kinda slow, Res, some of us are already fighting them.....;+)
13 сент. 2019, 06:1713.09.19
I was there first Elu and have been protecting this girl for some 8 months or so but the Heg who hit the player when she was only L51 and put a huge siege on her does not like fighting higher level players so does not respond to my attacks on his city...