Все Категории

Live arena sucks

Live arena sucks

Поиск
Комментарии
dthorne04Moderator
18 июль 2023, 15:4918.07.23
oblivion01332

tried again today, finally for the first time in probably 15 arena battles iv been pitched against someone on a fair level, hell yes, i beat him in the first 2 mins but he has UDK left standing, i still have 3 champs left, problem is he block revived my fenax with his mortu, so now im stuck in a 20 min loop to lose a battle i should win, what great content.

plarium really need to think of away around the shitty system they have, there has to be another factor calculated into winning(only if both teams are left standing of course) and not just letting crap like this happen constantly. really plarium, this is the 3rd arena you created now, maybe you should ensure it actually turns into a success instead of dead content?

i was also told an update happened over a week ago now that cuts the time down from 30 mins to 15 mins? total bullshit iv been in this fight i should win for 18 mins now(ya thats right the other guy being salty and wont surrender, but who can blame him when plarium give him the power to do this)

i

Going to need a source on this one 

18 июль 2023, 16:5018.07.23
Shibb

So, when you see UDK you either need to make sure you have the power to bring him down or ban him. I occasionally run into defense teams in Live Arena but not many. For those, if I have time, I put the match on auto and let it run the full 30 minutes. I don't want to reward players running these sorts of teams. 

If you don't want to do that just pass and move on. Don't take it personally when you lose. Look at it like everything else. A path to getting to assets to upgrading your champions. Do it in the most efficient way possible. Long match -- drop and go onto the next one. 

yes as i said i took fenax who would one shot him, but the other guys mortu macabb managed to peril out my fenax first and block revived him , this isnt one of those i hate udk posts , this could happen in multiple scenarios with other champions.

and again u justt said it ur self u dont want to reward other players etc etc, but a lot of scenarios people can end in a 30 min loop where the other guy has 1 champ left standing and everyone(even if their the technical winner or loser) has a salt war until someone gives up, this is where the problem is, why are plarium even allowing 30 min never ending wars between players happen are they completely blind to all the negative vibes it brings? this is where all the damn hate for live arena comes from combined with some guy being given an overly long time to select each individual champion and take every single move with his champion 1 by 1 on auto mode, and the unbalanced system that matches people up on an a coinflip.

18 июль 2023, 19:4818.07.23

Successfully reached Gold 1 (not so successful in those matches lol) simply by using all 10 tokens every day, not using much if any strategy most days(same team every time) and quitting many matches immediately.  Most won't get that far doing that, as I've been playing almost 4 years.... But I guarantee anyone with 900+ Live Battles would be in Silver by now, and likely S2-S4 depending on level of investment (time and/or money).

I can further guarantee those with <50 battles are still in bronze :)

You can play the game and move up, or sit and whine about fairness/balance and stagnate.  I have over 20,000 area bonus medals to use, haven't spent any yet.  Thats the only metric you should be looking at with live arena, and it can only go up every day you particpate.   They are frigging participation trophies for $@#$$%^ sake! 

dthorne04Moderator
18 июль 2023, 19:5418.07.23
Trips

Successfully reached Gold 1 (not so successful in those matches lol) simply by using all 10 tokens every day, not using much if any strategy most days(same team every time) and quitting many matches immediately.  Most won't get that far doing that, as I've been playing almost 4 years.... But I guarantee anyone with 900+ Live Battles would be in Silver by now, and likely S2-S4 depending on level of investment (time and/or money).

You can play the game and move up, or sit and whine about fairness/balance and stagnate.  I have over 20,000 area bonus medals to use, haven't spent any yet.  Thats the only metric you should be looking at with live arena, and it can only go up every day you particpate.   They are frigging participation trophies for $@#$$%^ sake! 

I haven't had as much time to play due to it being summer but I would say the past few weeks when I do play, it seemed like I was seeing fights I'd expect after losing 3x in a row rather than just people who've climbed doing what you're doing

19 июль 2023, 01:2019.07.23
19 июль 2023, 01:58(отредактировано)
Trips

im not saying anything u just said is not true, but it doesnt change any of the points i made which make live arena more unenjoyable than most areas of the game for very obvious factors for people to engage in, u certainly dont sound like ur really enjoying doing it and sounds like a coinflip factor for u and if i remember rightly u said u played for 4 years lol. 

19 июль 2023, 07:2319.07.23
Trips

Do you farming the very important CB RES bonuses ? :DDD

19 июль 2023, 09:0119.07.23
Trips

TL:DR: "I invested lots of time doing unpopular and difficult content for rewards I don't care about!" :D

19 июль 2023, 14:0819.07.23
oblivion01332

yes as i said i took fenax who would one shot him, but the other guys mortu macabb managed to peril out my fenax first and block revived him , this isnt one of those i hate udk posts , this could happen in multiple scenarios with other champions.

and again u justt said it ur self u dont want to reward other players etc etc, but a lot of scenarios people can end in a 30 min loop where the other guy has 1 champ left standing and everyone(even if their the technical winner or loser) has a salt war until someone gives up, this is where the problem is, why are plarium even allowing 30 min never ending wars between players happen are they completely blind to all the negative vibes it brings? this is where all the damn hate for live arena comes from combined with some guy being given an overly long time to select each individual champion and take every single move with his champion 1 by 1 on auto mode, and the unbalanced system that matches people up on an a coinflip.

I am interrested in what you have on Fenax that can one shot UDK? At least not without someone decreasing his defense. 

It sounds to me that he got you first as you also are looking to block revives on his team. I run Fenax also and I will regularly ban UDK for the simple reason that my double hit will land on the same champion vs. one on the champion I am trying to kill and one on UDK. 

Depending on when you started you should have Ronda. She is an UDK killer with her ability to block active and passive skills and just an all-around PvP beast. 

19 июль 2023, 17:0219.07.23
oblivion01332

im not saying anything u just said is not true, but it doesnt change any of the points i made which make live arena more unenjoyable than most areas of the game for very obvious factors for people to engage in, u certainly dont sound like ur really enjoying doing it and sounds like a coinflip factor for u and if i remember rightly u said u played for 4 years lol. 

I actually enjoy it, the time availability is just so restricted and inconvenient.  But the few matches I actually "play" are much more fun than auto farming a dungeon. And the rewards are fine, I just don't know whether to invest in hydra or fk bonus yet. No rush on using them. And yes it is a coin flip whether I win or lose each individual match, bit like I said the losses don't matter.

Your frustration is understandable as an early game, f2p or low spender I assume? But your expectation that you should be able to do end game content is where the problem lies. It's not designed to be fair for you. It will become fair when all n00bs participate. 

That falls on both the player and Plarium.   Plarium, I feel has done their part by providing a no lose path to G1 with the point inflation and bot matches. It feels like many have decided to play, you and others decided its still not worth the effort.  I just find that to be nonsensical if you are f2p.  Anything not requiring energy that provides even small rewards seems like a must do daily. 

dthorne04Moderator
19 июль 2023, 17:1919.07.23
Trips

I actually enjoy it, the time availability is just so restricted and inconvenient.  But the few matches I actually "play" are much more fun than auto farming a dungeon. And the rewards are fine, I just don't know whether to invest in hydra or fk bonus yet. No rush on using them. And yes it is a coin flip whether I win or lose each individual match, bit like I said the losses don't matter.

Your frustration is understandable as an early game, f2p or low spender I assume? But your expectation that you should be able to do end game content is where the problem lies. It's not designed to be fair for you. It will become fair when all n00bs participate. 

That falls on both the player and Plarium.   Plarium, I feel has done their part by providing a no lose path to G1 with the point inflation and bot matches. It feels like many have decided to play, you and others decided its still not worth the effort.  I just find that to be nonsensical if you are f2p.  Anything not requiring energy that provides even small rewards seems like a must do daily. 

good post, agreed on time being restrictive (especially in summer where I'm not around my house/devices as much as I usually am)

I do think that not everyone will share your sentiment as a (nearly) F2P min max style approach as you're clearly in to wring out almost all the value you can, where you can

that said, if I were starting again I'd be trying to cram GH/Area Bonuses as much as I could to just make gearing that much easier across the board, but that's not going to be everyone's approach for sure. 

and for some - even if they don't enjoy the arena meta as much as they have in the past - arena is still their favorite part of the game. 

perhaps a bit off topic but something I've been thinking about lately is the knowledge gap leading to frustration in live arena/arena in general, not understanding the value of certain free nukers. (Ronda, even Arix) I just see so many complaints centered around the rosters other people have and wonder from time to time how much this all plays into that

19 июль 2023, 17:3219.07.23
dthorne04

good post, agreed on time being restrictive (especially in summer where I'm not around my house/devices as much as I usually am)

I do think that not everyone will share your sentiment as a (nearly) F2P min max style approach as you're clearly in to wring out almost all the value you can, where you can

that said, if I were starting again I'd be trying to cram GH/Area Bonuses as much as I could to just make gearing that much easier across the board, but that's not going to be everyone's approach for sure. 

and for some - even if they don't enjoy the arena meta as much as they have in the past - arena is still their favorite part of the game. 

perhaps a bit off topic but something I've been thinking about lately is the knowledge gap leading to frustration in live arena/arena in general, not understanding the value of certain free nukers. (Ronda, even Arix) I just see so many complaints centered around the rosters other people have and wonder from time to time how much this all plays into that

Too oversimplify:

1. The new f2p just is not a concern of plarium at all.  

2. The new player expects to be able to do everything now for free.

A lack of alignment is somewhat apparent...

19 июль 2023, 20:4619.07.23
20 июль 2023, 07:18(отредактировано)
Trips

Then you haven't seen that the new CB world record was pumped up by using these participation trophies.

The stats make a difference to run times and levels.

19 июль 2023, 21:0919.07.23
ozkfid

Then you haven't seen that the new CB world record was pumped up by using these participation trophies.

The stats make a difference to run times and levels.

What does the CB world record get you?

Answer: absolutely nothing  😀

But I agree, these participation trophies are freebies for n00bs to help progress.  Yet most are ignoring the content. 

And yes, they will help me too.  I just don't "need" them anywhere at the moment. 

20 июль 2023, 07:2420.07.23
Trips

What does the CB world record get you?

Answer: absolutely nothing  😀

But I agree, these participation trophies are freebies for n00bs to help progress.  Yet most are ignoring the content. 

And yes, they will help me too.  I just don't "need" them anywhere at the moment. 

Sigh it was an example that the paticipation trophies make a difference in game content.  

If you think about the mechanics of it it equates to speed of runs, more runs and efficient use of energy, completing the more difficult content for better rewards for better gear.  Better gear better rewards, stronger Arena teams, and on it goes........

20 июль 2023, 07:2420.07.23
Trips

i feel ur misunderstanding some of my points because im not saying its hard content or anything along those lines, im saying there are many factors with it which iv pointed out above that need to change with it not because i want to be number 1 in gold arena in a day on live arena, but because we simply dont need 30+ min long fights, and they need to do something about looped fights, you cant just sit there and let that crap loop forever or even x period of time and think its ok something needs to be implemented. its actually terribly designed in that aspect. and u saying the game is not designed to be fair and saying pvp content should not be available for early/mid game players is just simply untrue, this is like going into classic arena and expecting every tier from bronze to plat to be filled with nothing but level 100s, there is actually a noticable difference in ranked on classic between tiers and even more noticable on tag arena, on live arena there seems to be literally no difference at all which rank ur in which tells us after this many months that whatever they are doing (which is nothing) to ease ranking is not working.

again if plarium address the obvious problems with arena they would see "noobs" want to participate in it more, i really cant blame the majority of people not wanting to take part in a literal coinflip, sure u get some arena medals but enjoyment is a big part of why people play this game, and with all the things wrong with live arena its hard to enjoy it and take part in it.

20 июль 2023, 11:0020.07.23

I still havent played it since the initial day, my first fights took forever and even in bronze i got whale opponents with their +4 taras +4 marichka (presmeably because the matchmaking is hard onto power matching and i have a fair bit of player power)

I know the bonuses are worth it, but not doing an extra hour or two a day for one event.

20 июль 2023, 17:5220.07.23
Trevor Wilson

I still havent played it since the initial day, my first fights took forever and even in bronze i got whale opponents with their +4 taras +4 marichka (presmeably because the matchmaking is hard onto power matching and i have a fair bit of player power)

I know the bonuses are worth it, but not doing an extra hour or two a day for one event.

😆 

That one day sample size...

It's gotten better, I knock out 10 in 20 minutes usually.  

20 июль 2023, 18:5820.07.23
Trevor Wilson

The match making is much better now as the whales have floated to the top. In Silver III, I still run into 1 or 2 matches where I ask, "What the hell are you doing here." I assume that is because they rarely play Live Arena and have not moved up the charts yet. You essentially get match up against people with the same win loss percentage as yourself. 

You really shouldn't be spending more that 30 minutes doing it unless you want to do so. I think for the time vested the rewards are pretty good. How much time and effort is spent trying to get the next best piece of gear that makes you a little faster, or has more defense, or accuracy to use in CB? This is no different with the exception that instead of one piece of gear you are giving all of your CB champions a boost to defense, or speed, etc. It is way more worth your time than Iron Fortress IMHO.