Все Категории

Ultimate Deathknight bores everyone to death

Ultimate Deathknight bores everyone to death

Поиск
Комментарии
harleQuinnModerator
11 апр. 2023, 20:3211.04.23
kramaswamy.kr

Honestly - I think can summarize my response to this quite simply as, the game generally is asking for too much of my time. And I fully understand that may just be an issue with where I am in the game. Maybe if you'd asked me a year ago, I would have said that I didn't mind spending 2-3 hours a day in tag. But that's just not where I'm at right now - especially in the context of everything else the game is asking me to spend time on.

Whether I change my teams or not, there's almost no world in which I'd be able to finish a full tag fight in under 15 minutes. The meta just isn't there. It worked back in the day, because the name of the game was "smash the other guy before they smash you". And, sure, my particular teams are slower than most. But can you honestly tell me that you're able to finish your fights in under 10 minutes apiece?

My suggestion of changing the game to restrict the number of fights is an attempt to reign in that time commitment. But I'm just as happy to make that change to any number of other parts of the game instead. Ultimately, I just think having this game designed around the idea of needing to spend 5+ hours a day to remain competitive, is simply bad design. I played WoW for years, and it was that exact problem which ultimately led me to quit.

I don't disagree in wanting more time saving. Not in the least. But I definitely don't spend 2-3 hours a day in tag.

I finish many to most of my fights at or under 10 minutes, yes. Here's a representative sample for you taken from the last images I posted in our discord:

i

i

i

i

i

i

And the couple of longer ones I found:

i

i

12 апр. 2023, 15:5212.04.23

i

Sub 3 minutes, by far one of my faster.  But I've switch from slower high probability wins to faster roll the sheep dice.  Wins/minute > win rate.  Most often is 2 of 3.  Wednesday is much easier teams at top of course.  But non PR cvc, I go full defense early. 

harleQuinnModerator
12 апр. 2023, 21:3012.04.23
Trips

i

Sub 3 minutes, by far one of my faster.  But I've switch from slower high probability wins to faster roll the sheep dice.  Wins/minute > win rate.  Most often is 2 of 3.  Wednesday is much easier teams at top of course.  But non PR cvc, I go full defense early. 

I shoot for teams that I think I have a good shot of 3-0ing in 10 minutes or less.

One 10 minute 3-0 is the same point value as three 5 minute 2-1s. And ofc, less fights overall mean less chances to run into that rando 15-20 minute fight.

In other news, I see you're finally using Nek. And you aren't running into sheep issues with that Sheepmantu/Kimi team there?

13 апр. 2023, 11:1013.04.23
harleQuinn

I shoot for teams that I think I have a good shot of 3-0ing in 10 minutes or less.

One 10 minute 3-0 is the same point value as three 5 minute 2-1s. And ofc, less fights overall mean less chances to run into that rando 15-20 minute fight.

In other news, I see you're finally using Nek. And you aren't running into sheep issues with that Sheepmantu/Kimi team there?

3 2-1 is way better than 1 3-0... guessing my gold bar reserves are a bit higher than yours  😉

Ramantu team gets sheeped a bit, but that team wins 80pct and is fun :) plus it's fast either way.  And if I lose, I can almost always win the rematch and often 3 0 now that I have 10x the data points to adjust my offense.

I still haven't built a bomb team... gaius and rat booked, masteries, 60... all done.  Naked....

Nehkret is only reason I can hang in g4 half the time. My defense is ridiculously bad.

harleQuinnModerator
13 апр. 2023, 15:0013.04.23
Trips

3 2-1 is way better than 1 3-0... guessing my gold bar reserves are a bit higher than yours  😉

Ramantu team gets sheeped a bit, but that team wins 80pct and is fun :) plus it's fast either way.  And if I lose, I can almost always win the rematch and often 3 0 now that I have 10x the data points to adjust my offense.

I still haven't built a bomb team... gaius and rat booked, masteries, 60... all done.  Naked....

Nehkret is only reason I can hang in g4 half the time. My defense is ridiculously bad.

What do you need reserves for? Can't buy extra stuff...

Perhaps I just value my time more than you value yours, and place a higher value on having extra time over having excess gold bars. 😂 😂

A bomb team really speeds things up, if you're looking for faster matchups it's worth a build. You see a team without a cleanser, drop in your 1+ turn Stoneskin team, the match is over in 30 seconds. Usually a nice win, occasionally sheepsville. Lol

Nek is so good still. I'm more than a bit jealous.

14 апр. 2023, 07:1414.04.23

I don't want UDK to be useless, but I feel incredibly bored with this game, seeing UDK in 9 out of 10 arena matches because anyone can stack regen on him and have the fight last 20+ minutes?  It's just not a fun mechanic and I think it's been clear that most people hate it. Why defend it? This game wasn't nearly this unfun and boring until UDK came out, making every match up the same. 

14 апр. 2023, 16:0814.04.23

In live arena I just won two battles against teams that I had no buisness defeating using UKD. I saw that they were 20+ levels above me so I just stacked my team as an undying team and then in the fights I took as long as I could to do my turns. After about 15-20 minutes they both quit. Live arena probably should have ramping damage. 

14 апр. 2023, 16:5814.04.23
harleQuinn

What do you need reserves for? Can't buy extra stuff...

Perhaps I just value my time more than you value yours, and place a higher value on having extra time over having excess gold bars. 😂 😂

A bomb team really speeds things up, if you're looking for faster matchups it's worth a build. You see a team without a cleanser, drop in your 1+ turn Stoneskin team, the match is over in 30 seconds. Usually a nice win, occasionally sheepsville. Lol

Nek is so good still. I'm more than a bit jealous.

i

😆 using up keys for gold 

harleQuinnModerator
14 апр. 2023, 18:1314.04.23
Trips

i

😆 using up keys for gold 

Whomever that is spends enough IRL gold, it seems by the avatar. lol

14 апр. 2023, 18:2214.04.23
harleQuinn

Whomever that is spends enough IRL gold, it seems by the avatar. lol

What is the avatar?

dthorne04Moderator
14 апр. 2023, 18:3214.04.23
Shibb

In live arena I just won two battles against teams that I had no buisness defeating using UKD. I saw that they were 20+ levels above me so I just stacked my team as an undying team and then in the fights I took as long as I could to do my turns. After about 15-20 minutes they both quit. Live arena probably should have ramping damage. 

Sounds like he was just a part of the reason you won, on top of you annoying the ever loving hell out of your opponents by tanking each turn :)

Account level is one part of the equation, and as people get smarter I'd expect to see 2-3 DPS/damage sources brought to beat stallers and griefers.

14 апр. 2023, 19:4814.04.23
dthorne04

Sounds like he was just a part of the reason you won, on top of you annoying the ever loving hell out of your opponents by tanking each turn :)

Account level is one part of the equation, and as people get smarter I'd expect to see 2-3 DPS/damage sources brought to beat stallers and griefers.

They should cut max time to 10 or 15 minutes, reduce everything by 50%. Time to draft, time to select skill...

dthorne04Moderator
14 апр. 2023, 23:0714.04.23
Trips

They should cut max time to 10 or 15 minutes, reduce everything by 50%. Time to draft, time to select skill...

I can certainly see an argument for finding places to cut down on the length of the matches. I'm enjoying myself now, but given that we know there are going to be serial tankers on top of the meta being what it is, I think I'd like to see some sort of adjustment. 

Not quite sure what that would be, yet. Maybe even some of the timers would be a start.

27 апр. 2023, 22:2027.04.23

Ok, I am pretty new(30 days of solid playing, daily) and I also am having a difficult time with UDK. BUT, BIIIG BUT, I am willing to listen to advice, from anyone PLEASE!! I am stuck in Silver 3 and cannot get past 1700 for more than few hours. When I wake up after sleeping for the night, I am sometimes in the 1400's(Silver 2). I have Ronda Level 6 equipped with 4ea 6* savage, the other 2 i forget atm, Kael maxed out 5* and ascenion levels(Ronda is as well) and Kael is equipped with the recommended artifacts, Shaman 5* maxed..".....", equipped with lifesteal, Sanguinia(spelling??)5 * maxed out .."...", dont recall her artifacts atm, Norog 5* maxed out, Tolf The Maimer(spelling??) Maxed 5* ".....", High Katun 4* maxed "...." Will someone please tell me why I cannot beat a team with half of my power, which is 60k with my best 4 champs in arena if they have a maxed out 5 * UDK and, lets say, a maxed out 5 * Ronda? The other 2 champs on their team dont even have to be there and Im screwed anyway!! I even tried to start a new game and typed in GETUDK in promo code, if u cant beat em' join em' mentality lol, but it said only gor new players.  I AM A NEW PLAYER, its why i started a new game!!! But, i just logged back into my account i just broke down in this comment since it said i couldnt get UDK for some unknown reason!! Please help! im 5aking all advise and applying it, just need someone to point me in the direction of what I should be doing, because obviously Im plataeued out. Thanks ahead of time, anybody??

28 апр. 2023, 04:4828.04.23

That gold girl with the funny crown thing is worse. She puts a double heal on all people and never dies. Udk is a blessing conoared to that <

28 апр. 2023, 05:0228.04.23
stday1981

Ok, I am pretty new(30 days of solid playing, daily) and I also am having a difficult time with UDK. BUT, BIIIG BUT, I am willing to listen to advice, from anyone PLEASE!! I am stuck in Silver 3 and cannot get past 1700 for more than few hours. When I wake up after sleeping for the night, I am sometimes in the 1400's(Silver 2). I have Ronda Level 6 equipped with 4ea 6* savage, the other 2 i forget atm, Kael maxed out 5* and ascenion levels(Ronda is as well) and Kael is equipped with the recommended artifacts, Shaman 5* maxed..".....", equipped with lifesteal, Sanguinia(spelling??)5 * maxed out .."...", dont recall her artifacts atm, Norog 5* maxed out, Tolf The Maimer(spelling??) Maxed 5* ".....", High Katun 4* maxed "...." Will someone please tell me why I cannot beat a team with half of my power, which is 60k with my best 4 champs in arena if they have a maxed out 5 * UDK and, lets say, a maxed out 5 * Ronda? The other 2 champs on their team dont even have to be there and Im screwed anyway!! I even tried to start a new game and typed in GETUDK in promo code, if u cant beat em' join em' mentality lol, but it said only gor new players.  I AM A NEW PLAYER, its why i started a new game!!! But, i just logged back into my account i just broke down in this comment since it said i couldnt get UDK for some unknown reason!! Please help! im 5aking all advise and applying it, just need someone to point me in the direction of what I should be doing, because obviously Im plataeued out. Thanks ahead of time, anybody??

If you are a new player you shouldn't be trying to rank high in arena - just farm whatever level you are comfortable with. You only need to start farming gold arena is when you start getting close to getting Arbiter, in order to complete one of the missions. Aside from that, just take it easy in arena.

As for new player promo codes - I think they have to be used within 72 hours of starting your account, and you can only use one new player promo code. If you didn't get UDK, though, don't sweat it - quite a few of us don't have him. :)

harleQuinnModerator
28 апр. 2023, 07:3428.04.23
Fathertron

If you are a new player you shouldn't be trying to rank high in arena - just farm whatever level you are comfortable with. You only need to start farming gold arena is when you start getting close to getting Arbiter, in order to complete one of the missions. Aside from that, just take it easy in arena.

As for new player promo codes - I think they have to be used within 72 hours of starting your account, and you can only use one new player promo code. If you didn't get UDK, though, don't sweat it - quite a few of us don't have him. :)

This is great advice right here.

@stday1981, if you want to try and get some recommendations for Arena, or at least get the framework for a team, please start a new thread and we'll help you design a team. We are going to want to change up the champs you are using to get a solid strategy in place, with a good lead, an AoE dec def champ, AND we're gonna want to rank up and fully build them.

Likely you have CB and and your Dragon 20 team to get in place first, to start farming the things you need to compete longer term in Arena, and we can help with that too. Just start  a new thread and the folks here will chime in.

29 апр. 2023, 10:3829.04.23

So i started a new thread harlequinn. Labeled "new player looking for guidance"...thx for your advise and you too fathert9n!!

1 май 2023, 02:3901.05.23

if his passive isnt op why didnt they make it a little bit rng and allow him 85% of hits to block. why didnt they keep 100% for pve aswell???? so tell me again its not op. i dont say there is a way around. but tell me its fair to run him at base speed and sit there like an idiot laughing because this works.

1 май 2023, 03:2301.05.23

Sure, I'll tell you again - it's not OP. Git gud :)