Все Категории

Plarium's plans for its strategy games once browsers stop supporting Flash

Plarium's plans for its strategy games once browsers stop supporting Flash

Поиск
How to join our moderation team?
Комментарии
23 июнь 2020, 05:4523.06.20
Starting from today (23 june 2020) I cannot find the button to start playing the game on the website. Where did that button go? I also don't see any login/logout button.
CrowbarModerator
23 июнь 2020, 08:5423.06.20

Looks fine to me. Please, provide these two things:

1. The URL at which you are looking for this button.

2. A screenshot of what the page looks like to you.

8 июль 2020, 23:0608.07.20
The plarium play app is a good solution for those on windows based computers, however many players such as myself are playing the game on both mac and linux based pc's. this app is not compatible with these platforms. If your app is not made to work directly with these platforms plarium is still going to loose alot of players. Has any steps been takin to develop the desktop app to work on these alternative platforms?
CrowbarModerator
9 июль 2020, 14:0809.07.20

Linux users are being left to hang (being one myself, I know this for a fact). But Mac is supposed to be supported. What happens when you try to download the app here?

21 июль 2020, 03:1021.07.20
Ahoy crowbar, unfortunately from what i understand many mac users are having issues with the mac version of the app. I myself am on Linux and recently came across some info that may help with the app, it does require the use of a program called codeweavers and there has to be an additional download from them that is specially built for the wine bottle to work correctly. I received video capture directly from codeweaver on how to install and set up everything however you know probably just as well as I that packages break on occasion from updates. Crowbar said:

Linux users are being left to hang (being one myself, I know this for a fact). But Mac is supposed to be supported. What happens when you try to download the app here?

CrowbarModerator
21 июль 2020, 10:3721.07.20

Problems with the Mac app should be reported, so Plarium can fix them on time.

As for Linux, I am yet to see a stable solution based on Wine for anything. I haven't had the time to do deal with this, but I'll likely go with VirtualBox + some minimal Linux with no auto-updates + the latest pre-2021 Chrome.

29 июль 2020, 01:5529.07.20
Ahoy Crowbar, your definately right about wine never really working out at least on the long run, I did manage to lock down my chrome and chromium browsers from updating any further, that should prove to be effective at least for now for getting into the game after december. Only time will tell at this point but i am still looking for a long term solution to the flash issue, I do hope that at some point someone will figure out how to embed flash into a universal desktop app that functions for all users across all the OS types.
CrowbarModerator
29 июль 2020, 12:1529.07.20

The Chrome approach will work for you if you use it only for this game (maybe other Flash games too). But if you use it for other browsing, it'll only be a temporary solution, because other sites will start requesting newer versions, with newer technologies,... Usually, only the current and the previous two versions are "supported", which is quite a short time span when it comes to Chrome.

I have no hopes that Plarium will make a universal app. Linux users are on their own, which might actually be an advantage, as we'll make it work somehow, while others will rely on Plarium Play which seems to have issues quite often (or so I'm told).

30 июль 2020, 01:1830.07.20
yes of coarse your right about using chrome solely for the games purpose, I myself have 5 browsers and each is set up for different uses. Old habit from my windows days but still useful today. It is my hope that the linux community figures out a work around as many sites still depend on the use of flash for most game sites.