being cheated by plarium?

being cheated by plarium?

Search
Comments
Jul 4, 2018, 14:3907/04/18
Jul 15, 2018, 17:35(edited)
08/21/14

lancelot2141980 said:

Allow me to explain. Their randomizer, algorithm, or special software is basically as follows.

"First they dangle a carrot on a short stick. If you take a bite they make the stick longer and the carrot smaller. if you ignore it, the stick gets shorter & the carrot gets bigger. If you ignore it all the way, they will stuff a big juicy carrot right in front of your face." PAR1 2018.

The fact that you guys spend money (possibly alot) on the game already give you a huge advantage over free players. Why get jealous over players who spend little money or refuse to spend any money on the game. Plarium only give these free2play guys special deal to try to hook them into spending money. Once they are hooked, it will slowly match with those that spend alot. Stop and think for a second. It's really fair in a way. Beside those that spend little to no money will always play this game at a disadvantage compare to those who spend some or alot. This game is "free 2 play" but it's just llike any other game in the market - "pay 2 win or gain advantage". Alternatively you can spend more time in the game to gain an advantage over peoples who go to work. spending more time is somewhat like spending money. Punch line is in color above.

this is 100% truth,but it dont works the other way around,i dangle juicy carrot,more then a year,but morteee doesnt want to bite :P

Tonaya 
Jul 4, 2018, 14:5907/04/18
10/08/14
Morteee, I have spoken to many players including Dildo Dan who say Tonaya carrot is not so juicy. Be careful too. Tonaya does not use carrot on stick. Just dirty carrot to throw in face. 
Jul 4, 2018, 15:0407/04/18
08/21/14

Mako said:

Morteee, I have spoken to many players including Dildo Dan who say Tonaya carrot is not so juicy. Be careful too. Tonaya does not use carrot on stick. Just dirty carrot to throw in face. 

i'll use 5th amendment 

Jul 4, 2018, 15:1107/04/18
10/08/14
Tonaya carrot is dirtiest carrot in sparta. Tonaya carrot almost as dirty as Dildo Dan's... Well you know... Don't make me say it. Anyway,  whatever you do I recommend not putting Tonaya carrot near you. Give him whatever he wishes for to keep the carrot in its package and far away from you. 
Jul 4, 2018, 15:1607/04/18
11/05/15

lol behave you two :P

lets keep it on topic eh? 

Jul 4, 2018, 15:1807/04/18
08/21/14

morteeee said:

Morteee,you know i am always polite ,i just want to deeper our friendship :)

Tonaya 
Jul 4, 2018, 15:1807/04/18
11/05/15

Jacobite said:

Mortee, oh righteous one. 

Of late and it is more obvious lately, certainly in my experience that you have closed posts and removed many comments that i still see worse open for comment. For example, i "quoted" a response from a certain player and for using that quote the post was deleted and upon repeating the post subsequently closed. There was no additional text that would contravene Plariums bible that you read comprehensively. 

What i read in the above post, if true is totally unacceptable, totally unacceptable however we have to take your word for it given your censorship powers hide the evidence and my experience of your governance i reckon you are protecting some at the expense of others. 

I'd like to know what coalition or federation you are in? 

nah not me, I have been busy working a new job for the last month and havent been around much until now and if I deleted or amend posts I always either PM the person concerned the reason why or post on the thread the reason why 

I am not the only moderator you know :P

as for my coalition? Not gonna tell you, or which alliance, not even my coalition members know I am a forum mod, it means it's easier for me to be unbiased 
Jul 4, 2018, 15:1907/04/18
10/08/14
Do not let Tonaya use any of his "amendments". He will turn 50 shades of Tonaya on you and have dirty carrot party. 
Jul 4, 2018, 15:2007/04/18
11/05/15
Tonaya said:

morteeee said:

Morteee,you know i am always polite ,i just want to deeper our friendship :)

Tonaya 
our friendship is just fine the way it is thanks Tonaya! (yup you just got friendzoned :P) 
Jul 4, 2018, 15:2207/04/18
Jul 4, 2018, 15:26(edited)
08/21/14

morteeee said:

Jacobite said:

Of late and it is more obvious lately, certainly in my experience that you have closed posts and removed many comments that i still see worse open for comment. For example, i "quoted" a response from a certain player and for using that quote the post was deleted and upon repeating the post subsequently closed. There was no additional text that would contravene Plariums bible that you read comprehensively. 

What i read in the above post, if true is totally unacceptable, totally unacceptable however we have to take your word for it given your censorship powers hide the evidence and my experience of your governance i reckon you are protecting some at the expense of others. 

nah not me, I have been busy working a new job for the last month and havent been around much until now and if I deleted or amend posts I always either PM the person concerned the reason why or post on the thread the reason why 

as for my coalition? Not gonna tell you, or which alliance, not even my coalition members know I am a forum mod, it means it's easier for me to be unbiased 

but,you are the only girl moderator i like ^^

Jacobite,morteee is player from fb server,i havent find her city,yet,but i will,just like i founded 2 moderators cities on fb server i will kill with smile on my face :)

ps i'll kill other 2 moderators,not you mortee

Tonaya  

Jul 4, 2018, 15:2607/04/18
11/05/15
Tonaya said:

morteeee said:

Jacobite said:

Jacobite,morteee is player from fb server,i havent find her city,yet,but i will,just like i founded 2 moderators cities on fb server i will kill with smile on my face :)

Tonaya  

feel free to drop me an in game message when you think you have found me, I will get the canapes ready and light the BBQ ready to grill all the dead ponies you will leave at my walls :P 
Jul 4, 2018, 15:3007/04/18
Jul 4, 2018, 15:43(edited)
08/21/14

morteeee said:

Tonaya said:

morteeee said:

Jacobite said:

sorry,my bad english,i thought it was rope :P

Tonaya  

feel free to drop me an in game message when you think you have found me, I will get the canapes ready and light the BBQ ready to grill all the dead ponies you will leave at my walls :P 

Tonaya have different things on mind,killing you is not one of them.wut you think to do with canapes? ^^

sorry,my bad english,i thought it was rope :P
Tonaya 
Jul 4, 2018, 16:4007/04/18
11/05/15
LOL! 
Jul 5, 2018, 10:2607/05/18
02/29/16

Archons, you went out of topic here :)

Let's avoid posting comments that have nothing to do with the initial post :)

Thanks in advance!

Jul 5, 2018, 13:3807/05/18
08/21/14
Alina Phoenix said:

Archons, you went out of topic here :)

Let's avoid posting comments that have nothing to do with the initial post :)

Thanks in advance!

Jul 8, 2018, 06:0507/08/18
01/10/15
Drag-Theseus said:

Tonaya said:

you cheating us from day 1,you said "free to play" you didnt said "pay to play"

Tonaya 

Pay to play? For real? 
Did you play anything at the begining when you first time signed up??

I have at least 100 friends (most of them in my coalition) who are playing and they never spent a dollar on this game and neither have i ..... 

Of course you do not need to spend as you are given thousands of free drachmas for being  a mod...
Jul 9, 2018, 11:5207/09/18
02/29/16
Sasha said:

Drag-Theseus said:

Tonaya said:

you cheating us from day 1,you said "free to play" you didnt said "pay to play"

Tonaya 

Pay to play? For real? 
Did you play anything at the begining when you first time signed up??

I have at least 100 friends (most of them in my coalition) who are playing and they never spent a dollar on this game and neither have i ..... 

Of course you do not need to spend as you are given thousands of free drachmas for being  a mod...
Taking into account moderators spend their spare time to help players with their questions on Forum, I think it's fair they receive Bonus for it :)
Jul 12, 2018, 14:3707/12/18
08/21/14

i think it is not fair

Tonaya
Jul 14, 2018, 07:1707/14/18
Jul 14, 2018, 07:39(edited)
02/13/16
Alina Phoenix. Even though some people are not thrilled with your first response on this thread, I have to say that was the most honest and straightforward thing I have ever heard by a representative of any game.... Ever.

Yes guys we pay to win and I knew that from the start, as I can imagine most of you did too. I don't spend a fortune here but I do spend a few dollars here and a few dollars there when I want to. I enjoy the game and I choose to spend some of my expendable-leisure income in this virtual world. Also as started before, nobody forces us to do that. 

Having non-paying players can be great if they are organized among each other or along side some big players in a decent coalition. 30 or 40 extra guys dropping their daily build into a pan or cap makes a difference for sure. Everybody can have fun at whatever level they choose to play at. 

Can they challenge the biggest and baddest guys in the game? No. Those guys put in the funds needed to keep the servers up, the game in development, and the marketing active. They are the reason the game is even online at all.

You want a totally fair to play game? Try Fortnite or something else completely skill / hardware based to win. Personally I play more interactive games like that on my gaming PC, and I leave Sparta up on my laptop beside me. I can also log onto here for a quick gaming fix when I am at work or otherwise away from home. Sparta is my chill game. 

Plarium has a direct-payment for additional services business model, which allows us to get ahead of the curve, but it also keeps the game functioning. The skill based games rely totally on advertising, and if they are not incredibly popular they go under quickly. These guys have been rolling along for several years now, so they obviously got something right.

Now the real question. Is the payment system totally fair? Well take it into perspective... 

The best deals I have been given resulted from taking massive losses, or from being inactive with purchasing and just generally logging in. Those good deals are designed to get players back on their feet from one of the above situations. They are not meant to be a fixed price model. 

Yet does that still seem fair? Probably not, but it creates a development curve that keeps things at least somewhat balanced compared to regular / heavy spenders. If those top players had been getting the best deals possible at all times they would be exponentially stronger than they are currently. Thus making any advantages you purchase as a infrequent / moderate spender much less valuable. 

If it still bothers you, just do what I do. If I don't like the offers then I simply don't buy them. If you wait a while they will eventually send you the better deals if you can't justify paying a bigger price for instant gratification. Holidays and other special events are also a great time to take advantage of some of the better offers they have.

Lastly, I will give a bit of advice for people who do choose to pay into the game. Budget your Drach! Spend it on things that will have long term value. Some examples would be your resource generation buildings, artisans for faster construction, upgrade sketches, walls and towers, ect... Focus on permanent things that will reward you over time and develop a city that can build and sustain a large army.

If you choose to spend your coin in a more fleeting manner then don't blame the payment system for being broke. Some people can afford to play that way and others will make mistakes while they are inexperienced. Either way this game is designed for long term play and how you choose to do that is the real strategy in this game. 
Jul 15, 2018, 17:4207/15/18
Jul 15, 2018, 17:43(edited)
11/05/15
in response to the claims that posts had been deleted without there being a breach of forum rules, I have just been through them all (plot twist, we mods can still see deleted posts) and there was only one that might have been deleted in error so I have reinstated it, the others that were deleted did have a forum rules contravention in them and therefore will stay deleted 

Guardians is a new feature and as such it will take time for us mere mortals to figure out how the gods of sparta hand out the extra good goodies (however I have total faith that we will do it!) 

As for there possibly being a difference in drop rates for holy and epic bonds between the .com and FB servers I have asked the question and will feedback the response when I get it 

Honestly us mods DO fight your corners for you, we really do, we are first and foremost players of the game ourselves who have volunteered to give up extra time to help others and keep the forums a nice place to be and we are just as affected by game changes as everyone else, especially as we not even we get given an idea of the game mechanics, yes we do get a "thank you" from Plarium for this however the hours we all spend working stuff out and writing things like the Wikki, guides, hints, tips is unreal