All Categories

Coming Soon: New Event - Beacon Massacre!

Coming Soon: New Event - Beacon Massacre!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Nov 15, 2016, 06:4611/15/16
Reaper said:

Why are ingame and forum discription to the same event so different ? Is there a reason for it ? You cant tell it in game like that and in forum like that it make, sure that all lose the trust in the discription if you get from forum this information and the ingame discription Plarium put in game for us are like day and night.
different server so different stats :)
Nov 15, 2016, 07:2311/15/16

djmoody said:

Thanks for bringing it to Stormfall despite all the feedback to the contrary from the players. Nice work.

Hopefully it will generate the PvP you desire, result in lost troops that coiners decide to buy back and increase revenues. That is the only thing that matter right........

From my understanding, seemingly less biased against commerce, it looks like coiners can revive 90% of their units lost against other lords just as everyone else can. The 10% not recovered free are a relatively small portion of total troop strength and I suspect, are within reasonable loss rates to be expected by an active player of small to moderate strength. I see the "devious" intent simply as a way to interest more players in league play in general and fighting for beacons specifically.

Nov 15, 2016, 09:2011/15/16
03/02/14

What about the players that are on vacation?

will they have a time limit to revive there units?

If so then I feel sorry for those who go on vacation then they come home to find out there entire defense has been wiped out and everyone got there troops back but them.

that would really suck I spent so much money on my army. to think what can happen while taking some time off.

I hope there is no time limit to revive your free troops

Nov 15, 2016, 09:4911/15/16

Techway_GrandMarshal said:

If so then I feel sorry for those who go on vacation then they come home to find out there entire defense has been wiped out and everyone got there troops back but them.

that would really suck I spent so much money on my army. to think what can happen while taking some time off.

there is a time limit sorry :(

Nov 15, 2016, 09:5611/15/16
01/12/15
Techway_GrandMarshal said:

Kick the guy out first and send invitation and mail explaining what's going on. The units will go back to the castle and safe in catacomb.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Nov 15, 2016, 10:3111/15/16
09/17/15

Q&A

1. It states that in a league attack, troops will go back to the individuals catacombs. Does this mean the 90% revival doesn't apply to league attacks?

90% revival applies to all PvP losses on Beacons during the Massacre, including League attacks. 

2. It seems we all have different massacre events and different rules there.

Same event and same rules for all servers. You can revive 90% Units with Sapphires DURING the Tournament, and for free - AFTER the Tournament. It's 90% for all servers. I guess the info on a ss was fixed right away.

3. CAN WE REVIVE 90% OF ALL TROOPS FOR FREE OR JUST OFF-TROOPS?

Offensive, Defensive, Spying and Legendary Units. You can revive ALL types of Units for free after the Tournament.

4. CAN WE REVIVE 90% OF THE TROOPS THAT WE SEND IN LEAGUE ATTACKS OR JUST ATTACKS BY SINGLE PLAYERS?

Both: League and Single attacks.

5. HOW MUCH TIME WILL WE HAVE AFTER THE END OF THE EVENT TO REVIVE FOR FREE?

7 days.

6. Why are ingame and forum discription to the same event so different ? Is there a reason for it ? You cant tell it in game like that and in forum like that it make, sure that all lose the trust in the discription if you get from forum this information and the ingame discription Plarium put in game for us are like day and night.

On Forum we have posted the News. Right now you can also check the guide to the Massacre. Ingame information is more detailed than the News. 

7. What about the players that are on vacation? will they have a time limit to revive there units?

They will have 7 days to revive them. However, if League leadership is concerned about their Units, they can kick those players from Leagues and their units will go back to their Catacombs. You have 2 days since the announcement to prepare to this Tournament.

Nov 15, 2016, 12:3611/15/16
08/03/14
what are the rewards for this event?
Nov 15, 2016, 15:0111/15/16
Fame my lord...
Nov 15, 2016, 15:1411/15/16
01/12/15
IronApex Turok said:

From what I've heard there is no reward whatsoever. I could be wrong though.
Nov 15, 2016, 16:2111/15/16
05/01/15

reward is 90%  revival :) 

Nov 15, 2016, 16:5211/15/16
03/22/16
This is a chance for people to destroy hard work for fame and defenders to be severely damaged by enemies who would normally fear retaliation. This is going to be a destructive contest for gain only by event planner. I disagree with the intent of the event regardless of it's length. 
Nov 15, 2016, 17:1111/15/16
Nov 15, 2016, 17:37(edited)
11/04/15

jssamp2003 said:

djmoody said:

Thanks for bringing it to Stormfall despite all the feedback to the contrary from the players. Nice work.

Hopefully it will generate the PvP you desire, result in lost troops that coiners decide to buy back and increase revenues. That is the only thing that matter right........

From my understanding, seemingly less biased against commerce, it looks like coiners can revive 90% of their units lost against other lords just as everyone else can. The 10% not recovered free are a relatively small portion of total troop strength and I suspect, are within reasonable loss rates to be expected by an active player of small to moderate strength. I see the "devious" intent simply as a way to interest more players in league play in general and fighting for beacons specifically.  

The mega-coiners (especially on Untamed) are just insane enough to revive 90% for sapphires during the event and revive them again (after dying many times) at the end for free

There are no rewards for this tournament (according to research on Total Dom servers and forums) so why would normal players wish to compete?
I don't fancy losing over 10% of my beacon defense and most others would agree, but we are a captive audience, unable to recall our units. Don't forget that revives are always rounded down so you will never get 90% of total losses. Also losses from beacons, forts and fireballs are often random. They ignore the normal combat algorithm because plarium cannot be bothered to do the basic arithmetic

What we need is a 12 hour Beacon Protection spell :)

Nov 15, 2016, 17:2111/15/16
08/03/14
will diplomatic status prevent an attack on a beacon or will that be removed?
Nov 15, 2016, 18:2111/15/16

IronApex Turok said:

there are no rewards (if it is going to be the same one as in TD)

the only benefits are the 90% reward and the fame you will get :)
Nov 15, 2016, 18:3011/15/16
Nov 15, 2016, 20:25(edited)

exxxe said:

IronApex Turok said:

there are no rewards (if it is going to be the same one as in TD)

the only benefits are the 90% reward and the fame you will get :)

But fame dont give you the lost 10% back or give you instant recallers, auto hiders or saphires...

Fame is right now nothing worth in the game, sorry there i must say its a bad deal
Nov 15, 2016, 20:1011/15/16
12/18/14

http://prntscr.com/d7ps7b

so we can kick people out who are on vacation or due to personal reasons cannot be in the game

nice - we get to leave them without our league banner so they can be preyed upon and deconstruct our league membership at the same time

Nov 15, 2016, 20:3111/15/16
Jezebel said:

so we can kick people out who are on vacation or due to personal reasons cannot be in the game

nice - we get to leave them without our league banner so they can be preyed upon and deconstruct our league membership at the same time

Do the troops stay in keep if you do this ? If yes it would mean they would lose their troops coming home from beacon in the next PvP too. Seems we have to ruin our members, our leagues and the last bit honor for $$$
Nov 15, 2016, 21:1511/15/16
Reaper said:

Jezebel said:

Do the troops stay in keep if you do this ? If yes it would mean they would lose their troops coming home from beacon in the next PvP too. Seems we have to ruin our members, our leagues and the last bit honor for $$$
no the troops go back safely in catacombs (see the screenshot )
Nov 15, 2016, 21:3511/15/16

ok ty...

but hard it is too to kick members that their troops are away from beacons. But you have the limit of 2 days to tell the players it would hit, is that right ?
BiohazarDModerator
Nov 16, 2016, 08:3611/16/16
10/04/13

Reaper said:

ok ty...

but hard it is too to kick members that their troops are away from beacons. But you have the limit of 2 days to tell the players it would hit, is that right ?

I'm not sure what you're asking, but I'll try to answer anyways.

You have 7 days from the time the tournament ends to revive 90% of your losses.  After 7 days the troops disappear from the infirmary and are gone forever.  So if people have been gone for months but come back a day after the tournament ends and heal their troops they'll be fine. But if they leave now, their troops die in the beacons, and they log on again in 8 days, they won't be able to use the free revive.