A Brand New Feature Has Come To Darkshine Explore Your Stoneheart Castle Today

A Brand New Feature Has Come To Darkshine Explore Your Stoneheart Castle Today

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Sep 25, 2018, 12:0909/25/18
02/29/16

peterdunne257 said:

So which of you really smart developers thought it was a good idea to merge a phone game with a server game. It wasn't you know.

They're not merged at all.

Stormfall: Rise of Balur and Stormfall: Age of War still have many different aspects in terms of mechanics.
Sep 25, 2018, 12:1009/25/18
02/29/16

Limad said:

Snowgoon said:

First Bug

Resources from new quests are not being sent to Black Market - http://prntscr.com/ky5aw1

I think the resources are being directly applied when you complete the quest. This makes sense because...

That's right :) 

Thanks for your help :)
Sep 25, 2018, 12:1509/25/18
02/29/16

gogo tyrant god said:

the best thing i found out about this feature was this http://prntscr.com/kyes1f and this  http://prntscr.com/kyeu9v it must be a bug but i think Oberon in for a nasty surprise when he login to his account today he gotten exactly what Oberon deserves for this update he and Developers gave us only wish i could join in the fight With balur in attacking Oberon castle  bhahahaha 

Not a bug, but an example of the battle report to show how the Stoneheart units look like                      

And you're right, Oberon should be shocked now 

Sep 25, 2018, 14:2809/25/18
Sep 25, 2018, 14:55(edited)
05/20/16

Alina Phoenix said:

gogo tyrant god said:

well stoneheart Castle is no benefit to non coiners and is pointless to New players and non coiners for what takes and requires to use and Upgrade building just another coining feature by the way if Wondering i'am a coiner and a big spender and plarium vip but even i as all those Things won't be spending any Money or Sapphires on this anytime soon not that i can't just that i dont want too bad move plarium bad update even worser if you are a New player and non coiner and worse of all they don't have catacombs as well meaning that troops can be killed easily by big hammers that not problem for me i can defeat big hammers but new players and non coiners can't by the way it is pointless to add this update anyway as the Death of this game Draw ever closer to imploding as this game is basically at Death door so this update was pointless at this stage of the game as where it is now and where it is going and heading  as i said bad move plarium bad update this is

All players have Catacombs no matter whether they're new or not, using the in-game purchases or not.

And Stoneherat Castle doesn't give you the opportunity to kill Units in Catacombs. Raid Resources - yes, but don't kill Units.

I get conflicting information yet again. So with my level 26 catacombs (that I paid dearly for) my resources are not safe (and one perk being(up too 70.000 gold,iron and food))? or is it like my VIP rep said and I quote "In case of "Catacomb Raid" ability the resources will be provided by the game."

I need to know who is right in this matter.

Sep 25, 2018, 23:2009/25/18
08/21/14

Alina Phoenix said:

Nameless Namesake WoH said:

Guys

you are making this game way too much complicated, to  such an extent  that now we cant enjoy it

Best wishes

Hello :) 

There is quite a long list of requirements you need to fill in before getting access to the Stoneheart Castle: https://www.screencast.com/t/33BsIFRO

It means that this feature is for experienced players who already did major updates in their main Castles. 

Actually, Stoneheart Castle doesn't add smth new in terms of mechanics but gave more opportunities for old players to develop and upgrade in the game, receiving Bonuses in exchange. 

So, I don't think that the game became too complicated because of this update.

creating additional work for the craftsmen and sage just to give players who have completed their development a way to participate in tournaments is a very poor way to manage a game.  Without a cap on development (or at least a very, very slow add rate), the road to the real 'game' (i.e. actual gameplay) keeps getting longer, severely restricting attracting potential new players/stayers.    Players leaving begin to exceed players who enter and stay.   Eventually, the exodus surpasses those who enter altogether.  At that point, the game is likely beyond saving without a major change to gameplay.

SF does not need more levels or bonuses.  It needs balance and a reason to play the 'endgame'.   I remember when I couldn't wait to complete my castle so I could provide full strength to the beacon game.  The beacon game...and therefore the endgame...is dead.  There is NO reason to spend RWC here.   There is no point.  There is no reason to pvp, as it means nothing.  There is no reason to do anything here.  The only thing left to do is just to log in and click a few things to keep strength increasing...in HOPE that one day...gameplay will return.

If players have maxed their development and have nothing to do, adding more development is NOT the answer.   Adding 'gameplay' is the answer.  Development and Gameplay are not the same thing.  The former is a way to fully access the latter.

Sep 25, 2018, 23:2509/25/18
08/21/14
Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

Stormfall said:

Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

- 40hr SH boost priced at 93,400 sapphires. ...

Its actually 40d. boost. Which makes it "only" twice as expensive as regular boosts.

My bad on the typo, I knew it was days. What is that one high level of 1 building or lost art for like £50. Absolute bargain, really sensible pricing.
I don't know what it is, but nothing here should need 25d, 40d, or 60d boosts.  No game in the history of gaming should have such a boost, as no game should ever require that amount of time to complete ANYTHING.
Sep 26, 2018, 00:1809/26/18
07/26/15

I am still getting used to it but find Stoneheart easy with the building construction, I saw many players complain endlessly on the facebook cp page over time that it wasn't fair they couldn't get any rewards for the development tourneys which always had sketches in them to win because they had upgraded all of their buildings and lost arts

now I see many players complain about having new buildings to upgrade and lost arts to discover and upgrade on the facebook cp page, the irony of it 

Sorry to disagree with many but I find Stoneheart easy to have all the buildings built as they are super cheap to build instantly with just the 1 master craftman, after that I have 1 at a time upgrading at their own pace and did not have to go and spend any saph on the master craftsmen or upgrading the buildings themselves and can build the Pergators as I want but I am more waiting on Plarium to release new battlground levels because they stop at level 5 for now 
Sep 26, 2018, 11:4109/26/18
Sep 26, 2018, 11:44(edited)
12/13/14

The only problem with this update, as with all previous updates, is that Stormfall players have forgotten that this is supposed to be a long term strategy game.

Freddie Mercury said:

I Want it All, and I Want it NOW!    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE

Sep 26, 2018, 19:1809/26/18
10/18/14
Waste of Developer resources.  Give me stronger spells.
Sep 27, 2018, 19:2309/27/18
08/03/14

Snowgoon said:

The only problem with this update, as with all previous updates, is that Stormfall players have forgotten that this is supposed to be a long term strategy game.

long term is fine. im even good with grinding...if it lets me keep up with coiners. 

but all these new features has my pastime starting to feel like work, and in the end, i still have to coin if i want to compete. 
Sep 27, 2018, 21:2209/27/18
08/21/14

Ditto with Ironplex.   When coiners can be completely maxed out in a single day if they choose to do so, then its not a long term strategy game....even if there was actually any strategy left in this so called 'game'.

Long term means everyone.   There is no strategy in SF.   Maybe there was once....years ago....but if so, its been gone so long that even evidence of its existence is gone.
Sep 27, 2018, 23:4109/27/18
07/25/15

IronApex said:

Snowgoon said:

long term is fine. im even good with grinding...if it lets me keep up with coiners. 

but all these new features has my pastime starting to feel like work, and in the end, i still have to coin if i want to compete. 

There is long term and there is long term. If you look at most mmo's out there... your activity in the game and time you spend on it, is the deciding factor for your progression and skill/level up.. You as a player get a sense of achievement and progression. If all there had been in Stormfall was progression based on you level up , fine.. but it isn't..  First you have the abysmal long time it take to train lost arts, not to forget the time it can take to get the scrolls to do so as well. Then you can try play carefully and safeguard to best your ability not lose to much troops by mistake or at least not intentional by take a chance. If you get wiped out, its a punch to the gut and you watch weeks, months worth of work go down the drain. We asked for faster unit training times many times over so players can bounce back faster, but the answer is always the same. In name of balance that is not possible. But it is if you willing to spend enough, because then balance is not a issue. No wonder why so few stays around in this game. 

A game need to be fun and entertaining, keep your ass in the seat and in front of the screen. Log in for 15 mins a day and queue up some troops and whatever rudimental tasks. Jay, great value.... Long waiting times before something happen is the worst you can put on a player. Then pay wall it so you can spend to make things happen just about instant as long as you spend ludacris amount of cash. Yeah great selling argument for a game that. 

Belittle the players that can't afford to take part in the spending race. Plarium sucker punch us with lines such as "oh you can make the same, by spending time and effort and grinding in game and winning in tournament and so on"... yeah, kinda SOL on that, as most tournaments the people at top spent their way to get there. The end game of this game is to compete in spending. Nothing long term in that. 

I'm all for Plarium to give us something to do when you maxed lost arts and most of your building levels. But at the cost of climbing pay wall after pay wall and watching progress timers snail ahead unless you spend even more. That is not great game play or value. 

Also there is no strategy when cash trumps all... To throw out a quote "a strange game" in which "the only winning move is not to play.". And you can see this by players just build units and throw them in their catacombs, not willing to take much risks. 

And before people throw at me for just want everything for free. I'm not. I'm for sensible spending and cost. I don't like a sandbox that is influences of real world spending. It should been govern by the time and effort the players put it. imho spending belongs to vanity and quality of life which people who put in the time and effort should be able to compete with. Heck I wouldn't mind it became a sub model and paid like 10 a month or so for it if all the pay 2 win crap got removed. 

It's not lack of watching progress bars for a few more years that keep old players to leave this game. Its lack of actual things to do in the game 

Sep 29, 2018, 00:1509/29/18
07/26/15

I've noticed that stoneheart bg work slightly different to the normal bg in how they pay, I'm just upgrading my buildings slowly and still finishing off the last of my upgrades for my normal lost arts, yeah I'm probably a bit behind some of the players here but I survive and do well in the game. 

Probably the 1 thing might need to be changed in Stoneheart is the part where the gargoyle can give a chance take away 75% bonuses of the enemy's defense force points, as it makes the game even more unbalanced in the favour of offense but apart from that  I'm enjoying having buildings to upgrade again finally 

Oct 1, 2018, 09:1810/01/18
02/29/16

Futrikelv said:

Alina Phoenix said:

gogo tyrant god said:

well stoneheart Castle is no benefit to non coiners and is pointless to New players and non coiners for what takes and requires to use and Upgrade building just another coining feature by the way if Wondering i'am a coiner and a big spender and plarium vip but even i as all those Things won't be spending any Money or Sapphires on this anytime soon not that i can't just that i dont want too bad move plarium bad update even worser if you are a New player and non coiner and worse of all they don't have catacombs as well meaning that troops can be killed easily by big hammers that not problem for me i can defeat big hammers but new players and non coiners can't by the way it is pointless to add this update anyway as the Death of this game Draw ever closer to imploding as this game is basically at Death door so this update was pointless at this stage of the game as where it is now and where it is going and heading  as i said bad move plarium bad update this is

All players have Catacombs no matter whether they're new or not, using the in-game purchases or not.

And Stoneherat Castle doesn't give you the opportunity to kill Units in Catacombs. Raid Resources - yes, but don't kill Units.

I get conflicting information yet again. So with my level 26 catacombs (that I paid dearly for) my resources are not safe (and one perk being(up too 70.000 gold,iron and food))? or is it like my VIP rep said and I quote "In case of "Catacomb Raid" ability the resources will be provided by the game."

Hello!

I'm sorry for a confusing information you received from your VIP agent (I already discussed it with VIP team).

But when an enemy raids Catacombs, your Resources are lost, they're not provided by the game.

Still, you always can Raid Resources from your enemies as well
Oct 1, 2018, 09:2410/01/18
02/29/16

Christine Hare said:

I've noticed that stoneheart bg work slightly different to the normal bg in how they pay, I'm just upgrading my buildings slowly and still finishing off the last of my upgrades for my normal lost arts, yeah I'm probably a bit behind some of the players here but I survive and do well in the game. 

Probably the 1 thing might need to be changed in Stoneheart is the part where the gargoyle can give a chance take away 75% bonuses of the enemy's defense force points, as it makes the game even more unbalanced in the favour of offense but apart from that  I'm enjoying having buildings to upgrade again finally 

Hello, Christine!

Thanks for sharing your experience on playing Stoneheart Castle 

As for your feedback on Gargoyles, I will forward it to devs.  

Oct 1, 2018, 10:0910/01/18
Oct 6, 2018, 19:49(edited)
05/20/16

Alina Phoenix said:

Futrikelv said:

Alina Phoenix said:

gogo tyrant god said:

Hello!

I'm sorry for a confusing information you received from your VIP agent (I already discussed it with VIP team).

But when an enemy raids Catacombs, your Resources are lost, they're not provided by the game.

Still, you always can Raid Resources from your enemies as well

Great, one perk less for the Catacombs, what will be the next?? Not even sure what I paid for anymore.

While we're on the subject, change the wording of this text? Will for sure avoid confusion in the future. Word "safely" for resources, I don't think so.

Oct 1, 2018, 13:1110/01/18
07/26/15

Hmmmmmm as I said before, many many long term players complained over and over about how they can't compete in any of the tourneys that involve building upgrades and lost arts upgrades because they already have everything upgraded, now here we have a new inner castle, with lost arts and buildings to upgrade in these tourneys and some still arn't happy

If your not happy about aspects of the new castle, instead of being so down and negative about it in how your trying to get your point across to the CM and Plarium, why not give constructive thoughts on what you would like to see changed with the new castle. 

Plarium listens to constructive postive ideas, I know for 2 things I would like to be able to raid castles for this new resource not just the standard gold, iron and food, also I would like to see a 2nd sage dedicated to only upgrading of the stoneheart lost arts, and 3rd as ive seen mentioned on this forum, being able to trade Adamantine on the market

Oct 1, 2018, 13:1710/01/18
Oct 1, 2018, 13:18(edited)
05/20/16
Christine Hare said:

Hmmmmmm as I said before, many many long term players complained over and over about how they can't compete in any of the tourneys that involve building upgrades and lost arts upgrades because they already have everything upgraded, now here we have a new inner castle, with lost arts and buildings to upgrade in these tourneys and some still arn't happy

If your not happy about aspects of the new castle, instead of being so down and negative about it in how your trying to get your point across to the CM and Plarium, why not give constructive thoughts on what you would like to see changed with the new castle. 

Plarium listens to constructive postive ideas, I know for 2 things I would like to be able to raid castles for this new resource not just the standard gold, iron and food, also I would like to see a 2nd sage dedicated to only upgrading of the stoneheart lost arts, and 3rd as ive seen mentioned on this forum, being able to trade Adamantine on the market

Hard to be constructive when things you paid for getting stripped down to a bare minimum. Maybe this will be a lesson for me, stop spending.
Oct 1, 2018, 13:3210/01/18
07/26/15
I know it can be tough to be constructive in a positive manner on changes we do not like, but it really is the only way any of us have a chance to get things changed in the game that we do not like with any of their new features, I think on the road map the next 1 is improvement to beacons so it makes them more lucrative to keep, I have no idea what is in store here and I am very sure there will be aspects of that update that many of us will not like or want so it really is important to think of how to word it in a constructive positive way so we have a chance of Plarium listening to us and make the necessary changes
Oct 1, 2018, 14:2310/01/18
Oct 1, 2018, 14:26(edited)
05/20/16

Christine Hare said:

I know it can be tough to be constructive in a positive manner on changes we do not like, but it really is the only way any of us have a chance to get things changed in the game that we do not like with any of their new features, I think on the road map the next 1 is improvement to beacons so it makes them more lucrative to keep, I have no idea what is in store here and I am very sure there will be aspects of that update that many of us will not like or want so it really is important to think of how to word it in a constructive positive way so we have a chance of Plarium listening to us and make the necessary changes

Don't get me wrong, Stoneheart is nice addition. Changes of older mechanics (without notice/patch notes) that you paid up too 6.000 sketches for, that is something else. Not to mention other free stuff they removed.Here is one, free recall (except for resources) is gone. Now you have to use Instant Recall scrolls, even during the first minute of a recall.

I haven't put my troops, but a few key troops to lvl 32 in Lost Arts. I fear, one day they will increase that again for a new stream of cash.