Serious Error In Tournament

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
AlinaCommunity Manager
Dec 29, 2021, 15:2112/29/21
05/21/19

Hello, everyone!

First of all, we would like to thank those players who reported this mistake to us. It was the right thing to do to save the game 🤗

Now, Lords and Ladies, we understand this mistake was a serious one. However, leaving the rewards as they were would have had a considerable impact on the game balance. We cannot risk it and jeopardize the game. We hope you'll understand it in the long run.

In the meantime, we're looking into another solution. I'll keep you updated.

Dec 29, 2021, 16:1412/29/21
01/23/17

Can you please tell me how this would unbalance the game.? I dont see any reason why bigger prizes would do that when its only a one of. It seems to me that this is only a bad excuse. As your cutomer I can tell you I am seriously not happy with the your product and there is many more like me, but first of give us a good explenation why it would unbalance the game.

Dec 29, 2021, 16:1912/29/21
01/23/17

Secondly for a moderator to run around telling us we should have known it was a glitch is simply just bad taste.

Dec 29, 2021, 18:5112/29/21
10/16/17

I'm thinking about playing World of Tanks for 1 year to get rid of the anger about the decision made by Plarium, after which I can check again whether something has changed in the business conduct at Plarium.

It would not have been a loss to leave the announced winnings in full, on the contrary, I think that for some it would even have been an incentive to invest more, because they would then have seen that a more effective game would be guaranteed with more funds.

Sad about the decision and very upset :(

Drago

Dec 29, 2021, 22:1812/29/21
12/22/14
Alina

Hello, everyone!

First of all, we would like to thank those players who reported this mistake to us. It was the right thing to do to save the game 🤗

Now, Lords and Ladies, we understand this mistake was a serious one. However, leaving the rewards as they were would have had a considerable impact on the game balance. We cannot risk it and jeopardize the game. We hope you'll understand it in the long run.

In the meantime, we're looking into another solution. I'll keep you updated.

Hi Alina, obviously someone made a mistake - that's fine. But not honouring the initial rewards is going to be a huge mistake and you need to tell this to your team. The only impact on the game balance that will definitely happen is if your team do not honour the rewards. I was enjoying my Christmas so I wasn't on at the time that leagues decided to band together and do their best for this tourney. But, do their best they did and they nailed it. At the end of the day the sapph rewards won't unbalance the game. 150k sapphs is nice to have. But - having put that particular reward out there, and then taking it away is going to have a huge impact on player confidence and - let's be honest - player enjoyment. The game only exists - and your team are gainfully employed - because people get together to do stuff. 

I had a fairly quiet week, as I said - but maybe some players could show their healer queue to point out how little 150k sapphs would make a dent in it.

At this point, it's just about turning a bad mistake into a good PR exercise. 

Hopefully someone in Plarium will realise that it's just pixels but pixels make people happy if they're applied correctly.

Dec 30, 2021, 00:5112/30/21
Dec 30, 2021, 01:31(edited)
05/03/15

Honouring it now, half way through would make no sense at all. 

There would be little time left to battle it out with the event back to being massively worthwhile, so these overpowered rewards would largely go to whomever went hard on day 1. Such a huge reward for something that ran properly as a compeition for 1 or 2 days would be a giant fail.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to it not being unbalancing...

How could a single event that gives out 75 times more reward than each league PvP event not be unbalancing - one XP event worth more than winning every single league PvP event  over approx 1.5 yrs?

(And the PvP takes troop loss, smashing a load of BG's for 1 days didn't generate huge losses - there was even a good BG event throwing out rewards on day 1)

Not convinved, then just do the maths properly (as opposed to the garg post)...

15bn troop power reward possible for just the number 1 league, let alone all the other league's rewards.

To put that in context Emps captain recently posted their league power at around 175bn. So this single one week event (that would now be just a couple of days if reinstated) would provide a reward that could equate to going on for 10% of what took one of the top leagues 7 years to achieve. 

i

Yes not everyone has maxed bonuses for 26k. But at the same time neither does calculating it in dragons show the max power possible e.g. converted to demons or golems the power would be way more (I am not picking and choosing to show a worst case here. It's a massive number however you calculate it).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Two wrongs won't make a right. Pressurising Plarium into making another knee jerk reaction which is just as flawed will just make things even worse, not better.

And pretending this couldn't be massively unbalancing handled incorrectly (which most ppl here seem to be claiming) is simply not true.

Yeah, Plarium probably fixed the rewards due to the lost revenue (no hobby spenders in 10-20 winning leagues will spend any more for 2/3 months after this event). I don't think anyone is buying that they suddenly care about game balance.

But done wrong this issue can massively skew the game. We can damage ourselves not just Plarium with this. 

We can't have progress in 2021 largely determined by who randomly benefited from the messed up, stop/start event that happened in the last couple of days of the year!!! 

(and btw my league was in the top 10 and on for a good reward)

Dec 30, 2021, 01:2612/30/21
01/23/17
King Kong

Honouring it now, half way through would make no sense at all. 

There would be little time left to battle it out with the event back to being massively worthwhile, so these overpowered rewards would largely go to whomever went hard on day 1. Such a huge reward for something that ran properly as a compeition for 1 or 2 days would be a giant fail.

As to it not being unbalancing...

How could a single event that gives out 75 times more reward than each league PvP event not be unbalancing - one XP event worth more than winning every single league PvP event  over approx 1.5 yrs?

(And the PvP takes troop loss, smashing a load of BG's for 1 days didn't generate huge losses - there was even a good BG event throwing out rewards on day 1)

Not convinved, then just do the maths properly (as opposed to the garg post)...

15bn troop power reward possible for just the number 1 league, let alone all the other league's rewards.

To put that in context Emps captain recently posted their league power at around 175bn. So this single one week event (that would now be just a couple of days if reinstated) would provide a reward that could equate to going on for 10% of what took one of the top leagues 7 years to achieve. 

i

Yes not everyone has maxed bonuses for 26k. But at the same time neither does calculating it in dragons show the max power possible e.g. converted to demons or golems the power would be way more (I am not picking and choosing to show a worst case here. It's a massive number however you calculate it).

Two wrongs won't make a right. Pressurising Plarium into making another knee jerk reaction which is just as flawed will just make things even worse, not better.

And pretending this couldn't be massively unbalancing handled incorrectly (which most ppl here seem to be claiming) is simply not true.

Yeah, Plarium probably fixed the rewards due to the lost revenue (no hobby spenders in 10-20 winning leagues will spend any more for 2/3 months after this event). I don't think anyone is buying that they suddenly care about game balance.

But done wrong this issue can massively skew the game. We can damage ourselves not just Plarium with this. 

We can't have progress in 2021 largely determined by who randomly benefited from the messed up, stop/start event that happened in the last couple of days of the year!!! 

(and btw my league was in the top 10 and on for a good reward)

if you think a 150k is gonna make or breake anybody I think you need to learn a little bit more about the game. notihg you said explains why the game gets unbalaced. As Plarium you just say it will without saying why. The leagues on the different servers that are currently top 3 spent alot more than a 150k can by back. Im sure your agenda will get rewardedby Plarium LOL

Dec 30, 2021, 01:3912/30/21
Dec 30, 2021, 01:40(edited)
05/03/15

"Nothing I said....".

- One single messed up PvP event yielding more than a league winning EVERY PvP event for 1.5 yrs.

- or leagues potentially picking up rewards that equal 10% of 7 yrs progress of the top leagues.

I think I proved the point pretty flawlessly tbh.

I expect that as you have little to no actually comeback to the facts, is why you switched to personally insulting me by throwing shade on motives for posting (even though I quite clearly posted I was set to benefit and have no self interest in the reward nefting).

And talking of self interest you wouldn't be in the league that was no1 on sever 3 and set to benefit by 150k sapphires by any chance would you?

Dec 30, 2021, 01:4112/30/21
01/23/17

This is actually really simple. We as players are buying a product by playing and spending on the game. If we are not happy with the product we dont buy it and the game shuts down. 

Dec 30, 2021, 01:4712/30/21
Dec 30, 2021, 01:47(edited)
05/03/15

This is actually really simple.

If Plarium don't make any money they shut the server down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think losing 2/3 months of revenue from pretty much ALL casual hobby level spenders is going to help or hinder our chances that this game survives another year. 

Come on, from their actions Plarium already treat this game as end of product life cycle. No meaningful updates other than pay to win stuff to drive next months revenue at the expense of game balance/ damaging the medium to long term. I spend the whole time wondering if revenue/profit is sufficient to keep the games running.

Dec 30, 2021, 01:4712/30/21
Dec 30, 2021, 01:49(edited)
01/23/17
King Kong

"Nothing I said....".

- One single messed up PvP event yielding more than a league winning EVERY PvP event for 1.5 yrs.

- or leagues potentially picking up rewards that equal 10% of 7 yrs progress of the top leagues.

I think I proved the point pretty flawlessly tbh.

I expect that as you have little to no actually comeback to the facts, is why you switched to personally insulting me by throwing shade on motives for posting (even though I quite clearly posted I was set to benefit and have no self interest in the reward nefting).

And talking of self interest you wouldn't be in the league that was no1 on sever 3 and set to benefit by 150k sapphires by any chance would you?

well the league you are reffering to I am marshal and did 20 mill points in order to help my league out so yes I do have self interest in that. Im guessing your a none coiner since you obviously think that a 150k is a tremendous amount. If I would buy back what I spent on getting those 20mil points I would probably need closer to 5mill shapps, not 150k lol. but enough of this. I will wait and see what Plarium will do before I decide what I will do.

Dec 30, 2021, 01:5612/30/21
Dec 30, 2021, 02:03(edited)
05/03/15
Jonar

well the league you are reffering to I am marshal and did 20 mill points in order to help my league out so yes I do have self interest in that. Im guessing your a none coiner since you obviously think that a 150k is a tremendous amount. If I would buy back what I spent on getting those 20mil points I would probably need closer to 5mill shapps, not 150k lol. but enough of this. I will wait and see what Plarium will do before I decide what I will do.

Well I respect you are wiling to adimit your self interest.

I get your pain. That could have been me too. I have multiple accounts and could have sunk a ton of effort into this event. I was still away with family most of that first day. I got back late at night. I did see red flags that it was a mistake and would get fixed but given the size of the rewards might have still gone for it hard (I ended up doing 7/8 accounts thru to maxing the BG event - some effort but not a lvl that super annoys me).

I think largely people are whinging cause they just want their big reward for nothing (it was only up and broken for 21hrs). 

But I appreciate a small number of people will multiple accounts will have played this event for hours, or smahsed a single account through every BG in that 24hrs.

I don't know how you should/could be compensated for that. I doubt they have a quick way of being able to measure total effort across multiple accounts (or even trying multiple account to one person). Total number of BG's done by the same IP? The datebase strucutre may simple not allow an analysis like that.

You only lose 3/4% tax in the BG's - so you wouldn't need to buy back your entire losses - you got payouts too. - just the difference So it wouldn't be 5m sapphires. But like I say, I get your pain.

If it was possible to find a way I would support some additional compensation for the ppl that truely lost significant time and effort to this (it would only be a handful of ppl though). 

Dec 30, 2021, 02:0312/30/21
01/23/17
King Kong

Well I respect you are wiling to adimit your self interest.

I get your pain. That could have been me too. I have multiple accounts and could have sunk a ton of effort into this event. I was still away with family most of that first day. I got back late at night. I did see red flags that it was a mistake and would get fixed but given the size of the rewards might have still gone for it hard (I ended up doing 7/8 accounts thru to maxing the BG event - some effort but not a lvl that super annoys me).

I think largely people are whinging cause they just want their big reward for nothing (it was only up and broken for 21hrs). 

But I appreciate a small number of people will multiple accounts will have played this event for hours, or smahsed a single account through every BG in that 24hrs.

I don't know how you should/could be compensated for that. I doubt they have a quick way of being able to measure total effort across multiple accounts (or even trying multiple account to one person). Total number of BG's done by the same IP? The datebase strucutre may simple not allow an analysis like that.

You only lose 3/4% tax in the BG's - so you wouldn't need to buy back your entire losses - you got payouts too. - just the difference So it wouldn't be 5m sapphires. But like I say, I get your pain.

If it was possible to find a way I would support some additional compensation for the ppl that truely lost significant time and effort to this (it would only be a handful of ppl though). 

I am not to concerned about my own comp. here. What concerns me is that we play a partial pay and play game. That means there are NO ROM for mistakes from Plarium. If they make a mistake like they did, they need to understand that they have to face the music and give us what they put ut. It is totally unexceptable to change the prizes 24h after they put on a tourney because they made a mistake and give everybody a small gift that basicly just a slap in the face. This is not how you run a business and if this is how plarium or aristocat or what ever the ovner tend to do in the future. I fear this game will die pretty fast.

Dec 30, 2021, 16:1212/30/21
08/20/14

Moderators are the rewards for the current New Year PVP event correct?

Also please let the rest of the server know when the Argentine Peso goes on sale!   

Dec 30, 2021, 16:5312/30/21
02/22/16

Hello all! This is a follow-up update regarding the situation with the incorrect rewards in the XP Tournament. 

Seeing that, indeed, the whole issue has turned out to be quite acute, we have decided to return the troops lost in the battles within the period the wrong numbers were being displayed as a reward in the Tournament (that is, 12:00 PM UTC, December 27 through 10:00 AM UTC, December 28). The troops will be returned to your Catacombs in the nearest future. 

Once again, we apologize for making this mistake and taking a lot longer than we should have to correct it. Hopefully, this additional remedy step will help you to get back on your feet. 

Dec 30, 2021, 16:5512/30/21
02/22/16

That is the Facebook release as to what Plarium has decided 

Dec 30, 2021, 17:3612/30/21
07/11/13

So lets say hypothecially.. I did some Bgs during that time period and lost 100 million troop power to the BGS.. but got payouts totaling 95 million troop power.

If this remedy is implemented, I will get my 100 million of troops back... on top of the 95 million troop power that was payouts. 

Now multiply this by a few hundred people... with some doing a lot more than 100 mil through the BGs in that time period.

This "remedy" might want to be re-thought.

Dec 30, 2021, 18:1212/30/21
05/03/15
Wesley Pringle

Hello all! This is a follow-up update regarding the situation with the incorrect rewards in the XP Tournament. 

Seeing that, indeed, the whole issue has turned out to be quite acute, we have decided to return the troops lost in the battles within the period the wrong numbers were being displayed as a reward in the Tournament (that is, 12:00 PM UTC, December 27 through 10:00 AM UTC, December 28). The troops will be returned to your Catacombs in the nearest future. 

Once again, we apologize for making this mistake and taking a lot longer than we should have to correct it. Hopefully, this additional remedy step will help you to get back on your feet. 

OMG I can see this "fix" - is going to totally break the game.

Giving people all their losses back, as well as the rewards they got out of BG's is going to be like printing troops for a handful of people. Giving people back approx 30 times more than they actually lost. Do Plarium staff have no idea how this game works at all?

Only Plarium can make bigger mistakes in trying to fix the original mistakes. Crazy. Hope this doesn't actually happen and they wake up and realise how stupid this is before they do it.

Utterly ridiclous and incompetent (and literally as I predicted above - the silly over reaction from players now leading to a bigger mess because Plarium are about as useful as a chocoloate teapot - knew this would happen).

Dec 30, 2021, 18:1512/30/21
01/23/17
Wesley Pringle

Very good to see that Plarium made the right choise in the end. 

Dec 30, 2021, 18:1612/30/21
05/03/15
Jonar

Very good to see that Plarium made the right choise in the end. 

Bet you are loving that you are about to get free billions of troops added to your accounts.

You must be laughing so hard.