All Categories

DoomieUK - Beacons to level 5 - Is it possible??

DoomieUK - Beacons to level 5 - Is it possible??

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Mar 17, 2018, 15:3003/17/18
08/03/14
Alina posted a picutre of the dev team "hard at work" in the news and announcements section.....

This is the dev team trying to figure out how to fix the game. 

no notebooks, no one even has the game pulled up. half arent even paying attention. 

my favorite is the guy fidgeting with the feather duster, everyone else is just standing around with their hands in their pockets. 

look at everyones faces.  they have no clue how to fix the game. 

Mar 17, 2018, 19:5703/17/18
08/21/14

True, cat troops do not, but it is still limiting.   However, that loophole would need to be removed as well.  No troop, no matter its location, should be immune to leaving.   There should be priorities, however.   I would think troops in the catacombs should be last to leave.

I would also end another loophole I had forgot about.   Regardless of how much food a player has in their barns...even if its 1.5 million units of food, that player can NOT train or buy a single troop if their food production is not positive.   If there are no more bonuses left to create positive food production, then a player will be forced to destroy their current troops prior to training, reviving, or buying more troops.

Granted, I'd love to see sketches removed and Farm levels restored to 20 max as well (either that or sketches became as easy to obtain for non-coiners as eldritch units).

The only fix is to eliminate unlimited troop count and to minimize the difference between max coiner troops and max non coiner troops.  I'd remove that 50% offense/defense bonus as well.

The game is over until this problem is fixed, no matter what else they may try.  It may already be too late, but at least it would be worth the attempt over doing nothing.  I'm simply giving an easy solution to the problem.

Mar 18, 2018, 16:5203/18/18
05/14/16

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

Oracle said:

The question should be rephrased to, what can we do to make sure that our fellow rich players do'nt enticed to buy game destroying armies. But that question will break forum rules. 

The problem with the game is the black market and the imbalance it causes compared to normal game play. 

The are three solutions 

1. Remove the black market

Or 

2. Reverse the black market back to its original form

Or

3. Let the game die

Force limits are not going to solve the problem. They will just make it easier for bullies to abuse small leagues without getting touched

How would force limits protect bullies from small leagues?  Force limit only affects you if you have enough troops to exceed the limit, that's kind of the point. 

Although I agree some changes to the black market would be good for the game as well (such as removing the ability to directly purchase or heal troops for sapphires). 

Remove all ability to buy troops and legendaries from the market direct. Make them ALL trainable, but include a sapphire cost in the train price in addition to resources. Have the black market sell bigger packs of resources, and increase the barns by a lot...

If someone buys millions of resources to make a lot of troops, I don't really give a rats ass, because his/her troops would snail out the same as everyone else does. Unless they spend a ton on boosters to speed it up. 

I'd rather they go the opposite way, make troop build times fast (like 10x the current rate) and have the limiting factor be resources.  This rewards gameplay activities like raiding for resources, hamlets, trading etc. 

Agreed, 

Rebuttal will be that everyone can build faster but I think the consensus is that nobody cares about that, since having troops in the first place is what the game is about. Not every does pvp as their main enjoyment but Battle Grounds as well. It is painfully obvious that none of the devs or staff play on the same servers or under the same terms the rest of do. 

In game activity should be profitable as well, rather than just falling on a Visa. It is what keeps the game healthy. Then again, that is what has been being said for years and years, even before I joined the forums. So it has now just become a dead horse. 
Mar 19, 2018, 02:5603/19/18
09/29/16

Aegon Targaryen said:

All of these issues have a single root cause:   Removal of food restrictions.   When your troops stop leaving you when you go run out of food, you can bulid....or buy....billions of offense.

What he said ^^

And I have said the same before but Alina shot me down on that one very fast.
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 19, 2018, 16:0103/19/18
10/04/13

IronApex Turok said:

Alina posted a picutre of the dev team "hard at work" in the news and announcements section.....

no notebooks, no one even has the game pulled up. half arent even paying attention. 

my favorite is the guy fidgeting with the feather duster, everyone else is just standing around with their hands in their pockets. 

I'll have you know that feather duster is critical to the long-term success of the game! 

*sigh* Some people just don't understand true quality. 

:P
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 19, 2018, 16:0603/19/18
10/04/13
Jaywalker SC said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

All of these issues have a single root cause:   Removal of food restrictions.   When your troops stop leaving you when you go run out of food, you can bulid....or buy....billions of offense.

What he said ^^

And I have said the same before but Alina shot me down on that one very fast.
For that to matter they'd have to make it so troops in the catacombs and at other loactions left when you ran out of food as well.  The rate of troop dismissal was never high enough to significantly affect big coiners if they kept their troops in catacombs most of the time.  Plus you can send an attack directly from your catacombs, and if you run the auto catacomb item they'll return directly back to the catacombs, so someone running that item and not bothering to defend their castle because they just buy troops instead of building them would never actually be affected. 
Mar 20, 2018, 00:0303/20/18
02/09/17
DoomieUK said:

Hello All,

I really appreciate your thoughts on this matter and for me it really good to see you all in the forums.

Perhaps I could speak to Rizzo and ETsphere on this matter.

Perhaps Emps, Dominus and other leagues can make this happen.

The word TRUST is the key here....if a NAP would work

Like I say the mechanics of the GAME is not going to change so WE must change it.

I appreciate the feedback from you ALL

Happy Gaming

DoomieUK

oh you are funny  Doomie... why did the big leagues drop all the beacons  ? so they could attack others beacons and no retaliation was possible.... do you think after a few months the leagues hit by the big leagues forgot  ? lost the offence  ? get a  " Big  League  NAP " it will be funny when you see what the small leagues wanted to do ... when all you wanted was  "points " ... and when you ran out of beacons the  Forts were next... go on try and have level 5 beacons. ... remember leagues always have to reap what the sow... nothing to do with me ... just an amused watcher  :) 
Mar 20, 2018, 03:3903/20/18
08/21/14

djmoody said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

All of these issues have a single root cause:   Removal of food restrictions.   

I can't be bothered to yet again have to explain why this is utter garbage - utter garbage of the most dangerous kind as the desired fix will leave an even bigger gap between coiners and non-coiners.

Just because YOU don't have negative food, doesn't mean other people who have been playing 3yrs+ and don't coin might have negative food. You will literally leave them with nothing to do in game with your suggestion.

The reason the game being out of balance to the point of death is because infinite troops can be purchased immediately by someone on their first day in the game. We told Plarium that for 3 years but only now the games are dead has it dawned on them we know what we are talking about. Short term easy buck, no long term at all.

You are incorrect.    Its not garbage.   I'm a coiner myself, though I've never been willing to throw hundreds per month at a game.   Billions of offense did not exist before food restrictions were lifted.  I certainly never saw 100k offense even among the dedicated league offensive players 3 years ago.  Now its common.  Of course, troop packs are more common now and sapphires are cheaper, so yes, there is that.  BTW, who said I don't have negative food?

I said its the root cause, not the only cause.  That door, once opened, led to increasingly greater coiner troop heaven, like a runaway train.  I also said that there can be no protection, nor can troops be bought, trained, nor revived without positive food production.  It will reduce the gap between coiners and non-coiners...at least it will after the excess troops are knocked off in a fortress hit or some other hit before they disappear.

BiohazarDModerator
Mar 21, 2018, 05:3303/21/18
10/04/13

Aegon Targaryen said:

djmoody said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

I can't be bothered to yet again have to explain why this is utter garbage - utter garbage of the most dangerous kind as the desired fix will leave an even bigger gap between coiners and non-coiners.

Just because YOU don't have negative food, doesn't mean other people who have been playing 3yrs+ and don't coin might have negative food. You will literally leave them with nothing to do in game with your suggestion.

The reason the game being out of balance to the point of death is because infinite troops can be purchased immediately by someone on their first day in the game. We told Plarium that for 3 years but only now the games are dead has it dawned on them we know what we are talking about. Short term easy buck, no long term at all.

You are incorrect.    Its not garbage.   I'm a coiner myself, though I've never been willing to throw hundreds per month at a game.   Billions of offense did not exist before food restrictions were lifted.  I certainly never saw 100k offense even among the dedicated league offensive players 3 years ago.  Now its common.  Of course, troop packs are more common now and sapphires are cheaper, so yes, there is that.  BTW, who said I don't have negative food?

I said its the root cause, not the only cause.  That door, once opened, led to increasingly greater coiner troop heaven, like a runaway train.  I also said that there can be no protection, nor can troops be bought, trained, nor revived without positive food production.  It will reduce the gap between coiners and non-coiners...at least it will after the excess troops are knocked off in a fortress hit or some other hit before they disappear.

You're confusing correlation with causation.  People started buying much larger armies because it became much cheaper to do so, not because they would no longer lose a tiny bit of their army to food consumption.  Before all the deals and extra bonuses for $1000 you could get about 2500 dragons if you used bgs and healing (at 50% discount, since 75% wasn't around at the time).  That would be worth about 7 million offense at the time, since most of the offense bonuses that exist now didn't at the time.  Now, for spending the same $1000, you can get around 40,000 dragons if you're a bit patient and buy the discount packages plarium gives out every few days, and use heals on 75% discount, and trade the junk troops in the packages for dragons in bgs.  Those dragons, with all the bonuses available now, are worth about 300 million offense.  So for the same price you're getting over 40x the offense you would have a few years ago.  Sure, defense has gotten some boosts too but since many of them are pay only or only active for a limited time, it's likely most defenders won't be running them. 

So 3 years ago somebody could spend $10,000, get about 70 million offense, and put up a decent fight against 5-10 skilled free players.  Now, somebody could spend the same $10,000 over a few months of buying packages, get 3 billion offense, and wipe out hundreds of free players across dozens of leagues.  The removal of troop dismissal for negative food production just happened at about the same time the discounts started coming out, they weren't responsible for the massive increase in paid army size. 
Mar 21, 2018, 07:0303/21/18
07/25/15
BiohazarD said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

djmoody said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

You're confusing correlation with causation.  People started buying much larger armies because it became much cheaper to do so, not because they would no longer lose a tiny bit of their army to food consumption.  Before all the deals and extra bonuses for $1000 you could get about 2500 dragons if you used bgs and healing (at 50% discount, since 75% wasn't around at the time).  That would be worth about 7 million offense at the time, since most of the offense bonuses that exist now didn't at the time.  Now, for spending the same $1000, you can get around 40,000 dragons if you're a bit patient and buy the discount packages plarium gives out every few days, and use heals on 75% discount, and trade the junk troops in the packages for dragons in bgs.  Those dragons, with all the bonuses available now, are worth about 300 million offense.  So for the same price you're getting over 40x the offense you would have a few years ago.  Sure, defense has gotten some boosts too but since many of them are pay only or only active for a limited time, it's likely most defenders won't be running them. 

So 3 years ago somebody could spend $10,000, get about 70 million offense, and put up a decent fight against 5-10 skilled free players.  Now, somebody could spend the same $10,000 over a few months of buying packages, get 3 billion offense, and wipe out hundreds of free players across dozens of leagues.  The removal of troop dismissal for negative food production just happened at about the same time the discounts started coming out, they weren't responsible for the massive increase in paid army size. 
Someone spending 10k on this game is bat shit crazy and should been locked up for their own protection tbh.
MariusAdmin
Mar 21, 2018, 11:0003/21/18
09/04/17

IronApex Turok said:

There is always someone recording a summary of the meeting, which is then provided to everyone who attended - as well as those who did not, but still need the information that was being discussed. There is no need to have the game opened if the matter being discussed does not require a visual demonstration. I understand that you prefer to see what you want to see in anything presented, but hey, at least they are not playing Overwatch as you were worried in the past.

@Biohazard

The duster is indeed very important. It is an artefact of great power that puts the likes of the Spear of Destiny and Excalibur to shame.
Mar 21, 2018, 11:2303/21/18
07/25/15
Dimitri Molchanov said:

IronApex Turok said:

There is always someone recording a summary of the meeting, which is then provided to everyone who attended - as well as those who did not, but still need the information that was being discussed. There is no need to have the game opened if the matter being discussed does not require a visual demonstration. I understand that you prefer to see what you want to see in anything presented, but hey, at least they are not playing Overwatch as you were worried in the past.

@Biohazard

The duster is indeed very important. It is an artefact of great power that puts the likes of the Spear of Destiny and Excalibur to shame.
I think a toilet plunger would been more suitable, consider the state of the game. Cute to see a bronie is represented at the meeting as well :p
MariusAdmin
Mar 21, 2018, 12:1603/21/18
09/04/17
Gadheras said:

I think a toilet plunger would been more suitable, consider the state of the game. Cute to see a bronie is represented at the meeting as well :p
I would not risk using that as a plunger  And I am not actually sure if the shirt has anything to do with the My Little Pony fandom or if it's just an interesting fashion choice that happens to include fat pink unicorns. If I find out this most important piece of intel, I will be sure to report back.
Mar 21, 2018, 16:1303/21/18
08/03/14
Dimitri Molchanov said:

TRolling

Mar 21, 2018, 17:1303/21/18
10/31/14

@Dimitri

Welcome back, not that you were away. Iron likes you. 

I prefer Alina and Paul. But Iron likes you,  so you are covered. I like your interaction with us. 

MariusAdmin
Mar 22, 2018, 09:4403/22/18
09/04/17
IronApex Turok said:

Dimitri Molchanov said:

TRolling

Not at all. As, I am sure, your original post was not meant to be.
MariusAdmin
Mar 22, 2018, 09:4803/22/18
09/04/17
roadstar Pitbull said:

Well that sure is a different meeting than i'm used to. Who is lead,, where is the direction?

They are all appearing to be doing their own thing, looking in various different directions.

No focus it what I see in this meeting. A feather duster, what looks like a console controller, and what about the ones looking on the ground, who dropped what???

It does help explain the current states of Plarium games...
A photo can be taken at any point during a meeting, before or after the matters of importance have been discussed. It would be impossible to determine the tone and direction of the meeting by a random photo. But people often see what they want to see 
MariusAdmin
Mar 22, 2018, 09:4903/22/18
09/04/17
Oracle said:

@Dimitri

Welcome back, not that you were away. Iron likes you. 

I prefer Alina and Paul. But Iron likes you,  so you are covered. I like your interaction with us. 

Thank you, Oracle. I am always lurking in the shadows, but don't worry, Alina will be back before you know it.
MariusAdmin
Mar 22, 2018, 10:3803/22/18
09/04/17
I do not see any of the things that you insist this image represents and, having attended some of these meetings, I know the Dev team takes them very seriously. But if one wants to find negatives in something it does not take too much effort to do so.
Mar 22, 2018, 13:3603/22/18
Mar 22, 2018, 13:36(edited)
08/03/14
Dimitri Molchanov said:

I do not see any of the things that you insist this image represents and, having attended some of these meetings, I know the Dev team takes them very seriously. But if one wants to find negatives in something it does not take too much effort to do so.
your not a paying customer who has been treated terrible by the folks in the photograph. of course you see things differently. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.