Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Oct 31, 2016, 19:1810/31/16
Oct 31, 2016, 19:19(edited)
05/14/16

and SOME ONE PLEASE explain to me how this  protection works

we got all our flags taken today while I was at work

tier 4  BTW

so I go to try to take some back,  fortess in under protection for 23 more minutes

I read an email  took all of 5 min, go look,   now the fort has been raided and is an hour before I can hit it

how is it, I couldn't attack it but someone else could????

as a matter of a fact its protection SHOULD have come down while I was typing this!!!

Oct 31, 2016, 19:2510/31/16
10/31/14

1. can you elaborate more, you are getting somewhere, Please 

2. What would balance imply, What is balance ?

You have far better arguments, better than the time zone argument. Your thesis is by far outstanding, remarkable. I think tiers should be limited to 1 tier. any below should not be able to compete with tiers above or below. these might solve your problem. 

Oct 31, 2016, 23:5410/31/16
05/14/16

wonder if someone from tier 3 could chime in here, tell us how many leagues still had flags in tier 3

tier 2 will end this tourney with only 3 leagues holding ANY flags, and I suspect 2 of them because of alliances not because they fought for it

they snatched up some tier 1 flags and went untouched the entire tournament...

so here is MY suggestion

no attacking LOWER TIERS at all

let us fight for the flags we have in our tiers, 

what possible reason is there for allowing leagues ranked 250 higher attack small leagues?

as it was this time   a rank 51 league could attack a rank 299 league  ok so that's not 250  its like 248 difference

what POSSIBLE justification is there for that??

Nov 1, 2016, 00:1311/01/16
12/18/14
BiohazarD said:

oracle said:

No such things, 

Jezebel time zone is UCT-4, the tournament started at UCT 12:00, so when it started it was already 8 H 00 in the morning for you. I mean 8 in the morning, and you are complaining. 

The is no time zone probelms with these tournament, all is just nag and entitlements. if time is a problem then the same can be said of PvP, BG and harmlet tournament, since people like Jezebel are highly favoured by time, they wake up with tournaments starting and ending. 
Some people like to be sleeping at 8 in the morning on a weekend... :P
I don't sleep that late but in order to do the flag tourney you should be in the game at least an hour before it starts ;-)  I am old I don't sleep that late anymore :/
Nov 1, 2016, 00:1711/01/16
12/18/14

Sir_bit_yakin said:

all I know is this,  time zone or not, when make  leagues  ranked 299  compete with leagues ranked 51  well  guess who's gonna win

I posted last night there were a total of 4 leagues in tier 2 with flags,   today its down to 2

so much for TOP TEN getting rewards

who has all the tier 2 flags?   tier 4 of course   

tier 2   ranked  200 - 299

tier 4  ranked  50 - 99

how on earth is THAT BALANCED??

it was bad enough when you could attack 1 tier below your tier  now its 2 

why not just take all the tier 2 flags and give em to the tier 4s before the game even started

I agree with the the tiers are not very well balanced 

Its a stupid tournament but it is what it is ....

It should should not be possible for any league to take a flag two tiers below their own, however there was also pvp running so I would guess that the leagues holding those flags had their fortress defended therefore making them a good target for a pvp hit from a higher level league

If they are going to run these tourneys they should not coincide with pvp or exp expos (some people treat those like pvp) then the lower level tiers holding flags will be less likely to be hit by a higher level league taking their flags which are basically useless to a tier 4 league

Nov 1, 2016, 00:4711/01/16
Nov 1, 2016, 00:59(edited)
12/13/14

Someone in my league managed to score 50 points in the final minutes - dont know who it was or how they did it, but we finished fourth in our tier and got 4 buffs and 3 debuffs

http://prntscr.com/d1hfq6

They all seem pretty worthless to me - the best is only 10%, so actually worth less than 5% and only lasts 7 days
Just happy we did not lose ANY units in this debacle

Epic Fail

Nov 1, 2016, 07:0311/01/16
10/31/14

Snowgoon said:

Someone in my league managed to score 50 points in the final minutes - dont know who it was or how they did it, but we finished fourth in our tier and got 4 buffs and 3 debuffs

http://prntscr.com/d1hfq6

They all seem pretty worthless to me - the best is only 10%, so actually worth less than 5% and only lasts 7 days
Just happy we did not lose ANY units in this debacle

Epic Fail

Congratulations, well earned, use those buffs before the PvP end, they will give you those well needed boosts
Nov 2, 2016, 14:5311/02/16
Nov 2, 2016, 14:54(edited)

after the cap the flag it happens again now the buffs and debuffs are activated and leagues which could play the event after purchasing loads of packages to defend their forts they have the chance to mess up all again

http://prntscr.com/d25s5k

i said the 15 raids addic is a sh.itty idea, all say bots are bad blabla mess up rankings blabla. nope feartures like this mess the game more and more and make only inbalances in the game. to raid for rankings you have to prepare if you dont spend money to increase several buildings to get your advantages faster if you raid bots or player castles make no difference. but 15 raids make the preparing useless the whole week you put in preparing ruined at 1 weekend

Nov 2, 2016, 16:0711/02/16
10/31/14

Them black roses again hah, I head they are the UE of S2 hardly I say.

Lots of rumors going around about them black roses. Lots of complain going arround about them

But If they won I say congratulations, they deserved it.

Only the best of all leagues can win such a honorary debuffs. 
Nov 2, 2016, 16:5111/02/16
Nov 2, 2016, 17:06(edited)

Its not the league which make the probs or how they made this (coining or not), if they win an event yes is one thing if the rewards make the whole game inbalanced another one. We all have any advantages from the forts that is good to have but if any features make it impossible to get a real chance in the weekly rankings for every one it is bullsheet. others make the work to play the rankings and others wait only that their main spender win an event and get the advantages too from the buffs and think they can play rankings. If they make it like the ranking players which need 2 weeks to get their saphs from it they can be proud but sitting there and put the hand in the lap and getting saphs after 1 week without the work is annoying to see this.

i saw this now few times in other leagues too players you never saw in the list top 10 spots after the event without any preparing for it only cos they have 3,5 d more raids to get points.
Nov 2, 2016, 17:5711/02/16
Nov 2, 2016, 17:59(edited)

Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

I'd like to pass your feedback about this Tournament once again. Could you please make a list of points you'd like to be changed?

Like:

1)  

2)  

3) 

Please be short and precise, so it could be easier to identify the issue. Thank you in advance 

1) You need an opt out button for those leagues that don't wish to participate. If the Marshall opts out, no points/flags gained by the league will count.

2) Take the flags out of the fortress and make it more of a hunt to find them - put them in random places on the map and have them regenerate during the duration of the contest. Have Balur defend them if you are set on having a fight for them.

3) Cancel it completely.

...............................................................................................................................................................

i had a thought of making the tournament with a hot potato aspect to it, but i was thinking pvp.  that would have the effect of small leagues being easy targets and larger leagues being possibly impossible.  it would have also put personal castles at risk. i like this pve version better.  i also like snowgoon's idea of emmitter style tourney. (idk if they were serious or sarcastic, but i like it.  so i would suggest.

1.  keep the citadel flag,  but make it emmitters, this way even if flags are gone in 30 seconds.  that  is not the end, it is the beginning.  the flags must still be defended up to the last minute.

2.  make capture the flag a 2 pronged attack.  the second being pve as suggested above.  but have balur respawn after x amount of time.  and all flags are kept by the leagues that capture them,  they are not up for grabs by other leagues.  an emmitter aspect to this as well.  the value of a flag would be dependent on a tier such as tier 1 has 1m defense.  tier 10 has 100k defense.

3. make citadel rewards available:  glory points and tomes.  also stack legendary tournaments, solo x2 with eldritch golem/necro and hydra/fallen with the xp exhibition.

i know this may sound like the customer may be receiving too much.  but after long periods of grinding a player should be able to enjoy and have fun in a game.  i think this scenario would create a buzz for a weekend,  without long term damage.  small leagues would have something to do without worrying about revenge from larger leagues.

Nov 2, 2016, 18:0811/02/16
08/03/14

no way to fix this one. 

unless you have infinite flags in each fortress. 
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Nov 3, 2016, 10:0611/03/16
09/17/15
I have passed your feedback to our game developers. Thank you all!
Nov 3, 2016, 14:3911/03/16
Nov 3, 2016, 15:00(edited)

djmoody said:

oracle said:

.are willing to argue against the good of the player base as a whole to try and "score stupid points" over someone.

I assume that someone is J, well I don't know J, I have never been to Canada, and I have ever eaten or seen snow once, not year round like J. I am just tired of all the nags, and whinnigs, and crying an d shouting. unfair unfair, how unfair? the leagues that won those tournament are in equal standing, they are just better. You lost these time around, then shed your dust, wipe that sadness on your face and move on, for your sake. Next time prepare well, have a better skills, and you will Win. 

No one is nagging or whining, crying or shouting. In fact the opposite, putting forward the logical arguments that point out this is a horribly broken and pointless event.

You are talking to the person that put KoK into 3rd place in the tourni.

Why was that possible?

Because I was off work and able to log into the game at a time that would normally be the middle of my working day. Within 5 seconds of the start of the event I had gathered the flags that won 3rd place in the tourni.

Why you seem to think that is in anyway fair on all the players that were in bed/at work/at school who couldn't do that due their timezone, is beyond me?

Why are you continue to labour under the impression that this tournament requires "skill" and the winners are "better" than others is a mystery? I am telling you as the winnder of 5 buffs and 2 defuffs, which I won single handily btw, it took zero skill to take a bunch of undefended flags from lvl 8 fortresses. It just took being online for the first 5 seconds of the tourni (or more correctly the 1hr before it started).

This torni is utterly broken, stupid and pointless. That is not a whinge just pointing out a fact. And I am one of the people that can currently benefit from abusing all it's flaws and I am still happy to point that out. 

What is your excuse for trying to defend the indefensible?

im sorry but i cant process your logic 

the event had a timer before its released by days

the problem is NOT that most people were sleep or at work when it started 

the problem is that no one defends their fortress at lvl 5 or 8 

which allows people who are on when the event starts to go capture all flags from those undefended fortresses

so when most leagues leave their lvl 5 and 8 fortresses empty in favor of defending beacons its normal that few leagues (especially who already have huge def in their fortresses) will capture all those flags 

seriously if its about being at work or sleep then why the pvp event is not also broken for you :))
Nov 3, 2016, 14:5611/03/16
Nov 3, 2016, 14:58(edited)

Modest question....

How much leagues are able to defend a fortress constantly ?

The most in server 2 are the leagues with a higher coiner part inside it. And few leagues are only able to reach the milestone lvs (good that we have few check points in the fort upgrading process).

The most leave the forts empty cos the risk to lose the defence units there is to high, that is why others can take this chance to get the flags.

If your fort get a combined hit of 3 heavy spenders you lose your troops and the flag even so. So a lot of leagues on a milestone dont keep any attention to the event.

Cost against gain if you make a breaking line under it you see that you lose more at the end, so why start anything which is lost before it starts ?

Nov 3, 2016, 15:5111/03/16
10/31/14

Any continuation of these debate is worthless. Because people always take things in the content of Me/Us V.s You/Them. Unnecessary!

DJMOODY said

"You are talking to the person that put KoK into 3rd place in the tourni. Why was that possible?
 Because I was off work and able to log into the game at a time that would normally be the middle of my working day. Within 5 seconds of the start of the event I had gathered the flags that won 3rd place in the tourni.

What is your excuse for trying to defend the indefensible? It seems in every thread I see you in - you on on the side which has no logical argument or basis for it's opinion. You get virtually everything wrong. It's difficult enough to get Plarium to listen to quality feedback without people from the player base shooting us in the foot.''

Congratulations for winning the no 3 spot alone. As you take all the efforts, and hardwork as your own, I might see why you got position 3. 

I can't lay down my argument in one post as to why I think the tournament must not be stopped. I already did, and so did a couple of people. that post you quoted contains most of my arguments.  But you chose to ignore them The tournament as it stand is not perfect, and but it is not utterly broken. It just provide new contest, contest that some leagues are unable to win. Nothing new. We can't all be winners. 
Nov 3, 2016, 19:4611/03/16

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

I have passed your feedback to our game developers. Thank you all!

p.s.

4.  level zero's allowed to chose to play.
Nov 4, 2016, 10:3811/04/16
07/25/15

Said it before. Imho, this should been more of a king of the hill style. Have objectives you need to hold with forces. and the more objectives you hold the more you spread your forces around, and the harder it get to hold onto. The result would be tied to the end of the event and not the first minutes of.

Nov 4, 2016, 22:4711/04/16
Nov 4, 2016, 23:04(edited)
12/13/14

One of the most common misconceptions about this tournament is that Buffs give 30% bonuses.
The tournament info cleverly claimed that buffs are worth 'up to 30%'
Classic.

The maximum effect of any buff is only 10%
You need to combine 3 buffs to get +30%

Leagues who defend their own flag for the full duration and actually finish in the top ten will only get one buff

Most leagues correctly decided that defending any flag that will only give +10% for 7 days is complete suicide.
The defensive losses would greatly outweigh any benefit.

There were many leagues who tried this in the first flag tourney but failed to finish in the top ten because they all tied for 8th place, so 4 or 5 leagues got NOTHING even tho they had exactly the same score as 8th to 10th  placed leagues. They lost defense in vain.

It also needs to be stated that 10% is not 10%
It is only 10% of base unit stats so is actually worth less than 5% for most players

Nov 5, 2016, 02:4511/05/16
06/22/14

And how  'up to 30%' can be equal +5 raids per day?

Really totally mess is in the game. With only one thought in your (Plarium) mind (about our wallet) you destroyed every aspect of your original game. This game has nothing with your original game.

Your game your rules your rights. But as I can remember, you stated that you spent hours and hours to produce balanced game from start.

All what you did after that, shown that you didn't speak truth. And in the future we will see (if anyone would left) that your current choices is nothing than accidentally chosen moves. You are lost in time and space.

If coiners are your main designer now, sell this game to them and try to make new one like original was.

All your changes killed, and still killing, every will for gaming your game.

Sorrowfully!

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.